Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for yuastnav

Real Name yuastnav   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 25, 2010, 15:17
Total Comments 1078 (Pro)
User ID 55800

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Released
47. Re: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Released Aug 23, 2016, 16:21 yuastnav

Crash to desktop during a cutscene within the first few hours of the game.

Great. -_-
It'll show me not to play on launch again.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > No Man's Sky Patch Details and Plans
26. Re: No Man's Sky Patch Details and Plans Aug 22, 2016, 05:48 yuastnav

wonkawonka wrote on Aug 22, 2016, 05:34:
I don't get why people are so up in arms about this. The game is procedurally rendered, so obviously it'll be mostly boring. Obviously there'll be stupid stuff. But also obviously there'll be really cool things.

For example, I just found last night a planet with what looked like a tyrannosaurus Rex with a crest on the top of its head. And it attacked me. I also walked through a jungle with monsoons. And got lost in caverns of frozen planets.

There's some really good stuff in there, but as are most sandbox games (especially procedural ones), the story is lacking, the fighting is meh (really really meh in this case), but if you wander a bit off the beaten path you can get enough satisfaction that $50 is money acceptably spent.

So what about all the things that they have shown in the videos and aren't in the game?
If the game would've been like it was shown in the gameplay videos from the last months I would've bought it. As it stands now it's just a giant heap of broken promises and disappointments. And I'm not talking about hype.
I'm talking about simple things like being able to fly close to the ground, land manually or large fleets of ships. And also more complex things like more than two types of behaviour for the critters.

News Comments > Star Citizen Gamescom Presentation
84. Re: Star Citizen Gamescom Presentation Aug 22, 2016, 05:26 yuastnav

CJ_Parker wrote on Aug 22, 2016, 00:56:
ItBurn wrote on Aug 22, 2016, 00:13:
I think that you guys are too blinded by your emotions or previous investments to realize how amazing the tech in that demo was. There's never been anything done at a level close to this. If you want a full simulation of a space game, this is the real deal. They took no shortcuts. Don't reply to my comment about how you think this is a scam or all that endlessly repetitive noise. Just appreciate the tech.

What "tech" exactly are you referring to? The planetary atmospheric entry stuff? There have been videos on YT for years like this one here and many more.
You can also seamlessly land on planets across the 400bn star systems in Elite Dangerous until you have planets coming out your ass. It's nothing special.

Everything else has also been done in other games and much better than here. So what "tech" are you talking about exactly?

Unfortunately everything in Elite Dangerous is instanced, not seamless. I'm not even sure it's fully seamless in No man's sky, I cannot shake the feeling that they are cheating somewhere.
I think it's seamless in Rodina and maybe Evochron? But that's it.

News Comments > Star Citizen Gamescom Presentation
56. Re: Star Citizen Gamescom Presentation Aug 21, 2016, 07:00 yuastnav

Linthat22 wrote on Aug 21, 2016, 06:45:
jdreyer wrote on Aug 21, 2016, 03:13:
Darks wrote on Aug 20, 2016, 14:46:
IDK, I think to many people are to easily impressed. I really didn't see anything about this that blew me away. To many people are in a hurry to praise what they are seeing, but the reality of it is, hes had 5 years to make this game so far. And this is all he really has to show for? Those of us who originally backed this game are getting very I'm patient with him.

Don't count me among the many who are ready to bow down to him. Everything I've seen here No Mans Sky is already doing.

Took NMS 8 years to ship their game, and they did a lot less than what Roberts is trying to do. Which rather than bowing down, has me scratching my head: how is he going to finish this within budget and make it all work in a cohesive whole while delivering all of those mechanics over a "universe" of 100 unique star systems? The proof of concept is shaping up nicely, but that's just one system...

8 years? Where did you get that number? Every place of read has stated 4 years.

I actually could not get a proper answer when I googled how long it took to develop No man's sky. I think the first announcement was in 2012 or something like that and they already had a small gameplay video, I think. So it's likely it took them longer to develop the game.

Although I'm not sure why. I guess they did a lot of fucking around with some algorithms or something because there is not a lot of game to speak of.

Star Citizen has already more gameplay than NMS. It looks okay. Not great. Still not confident they will pull off what they set out to do.

News Comments > Deus Ex Mankind Divided Reviews
26. Re: Deus Ex Mankind Divided Reviews Aug 19, 2016, 13:15 yuastnav

peteham wrote on Aug 19, 2016, 13:11:
How's the hacking minigame in this, I wonder? The one in DX:HR caused me major burn-out on that aspect on the game (still managed to finish the game). I'm a compulsive idiot so I'd need a mod to bypass it or something to even consider dipping into this one any time soon, if hacking is as plentiful..

From what I read this is one of the things that works exactly the same as in the previous game.

News Comments > Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Trailer
22. Re: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Trailer Aug 19, 2016, 10:00 yuastnav

nin wrote on Aug 19, 2016, 09:27:
Gamestar: 86%

Apparently the story is kinda weak but the gameplay is very good and just an overall improvement over Human Revolution.

News Comments > City: Skylines: Natural Disasters Announced
6. Re: City: Skylines: Natural Disasters Announced Aug 18, 2016, 18:27 yuastnav

Really cool. I already wondered what they are going to do. More DLC for this awesome game is always welcome.

Though I'd also wager that they are working on a new project. Wonder what it'll be.

News Comments > Space Hulk: Deathwing Trailer
19. Re: Space Hulk: Deathwing Trailer Aug 18, 2016, 18:25 yuastnav

Really cool! Looks like the developers of E.Y.E. Divine Cybermancy did a good job. I knew Streum On Studios had it in them after I've seen how WH40K-esque E.Y.E. was. Hope this will be good.  

News Comments > Game Reviews
22. Re: Game Reviews Aug 17, 2016, 07:35 yuastnav

"Press E to initiate landing"

okay so we're already off to an incredibly bad start. Why can't I just land on my own?

Also can you accelerate to high speeds yourself or do you need to use this "boost" to travel between planets? Can I just point the nose of my ship at some random point and travel in that direction, just accelerating? Maybe getting to another start without "warping"?

I wonder whether something like that would work in Elite Dangerous, i.e. whether you would actually be able to reach another star. Since flight assist doesn't work in cruise mode it wouldn't work since you'd run out of fuel.
These are the kind of things that really bug me, in any space game. You get the impression that it's this really big universe and you can go anywhere you want but I cannot get immersed when I see that star systems are just really big levels/boxes and you go from box to box.
I realise that this is the easiest way to solve this problem from a technical point of view but it's so frustrating.

Looking at what No man's sky does it doesn't hold a candle to Elite Dangerous. This game has it's own problems but at least there is stuff to do. There is a whole faction system, albeit not a very dynamic one.

I would've loved if NMS did the things it set out to do but it looks like, especially from that reddit post, that it's just one huge disappointment.
We love to laugh at Star Citizen but at least they are taking their time, even if it's taking forever. Though they are selling a bag of dreams they don't claim that they have a finished game.

Calling NMS finished is misleading. Yeah, they technically released it and you can call anything finished but it has so many shortcomings.

At this point I will just wait until I can grab it for ten bucks or so to get my 3 or 4 hours of fun out of this game and call it a day. I love sandbox games, open world games and games where you can explore. But this is just like every other mediocre survival game on steam that brings barely anything new to the table.

21. Re: Game Reviews Aug 17, 2016, 07:25 yuastnav

SpectralMeat wrote on Aug 17, 2016, 07:18:
yuastnav wrote on Aug 17, 2016, 06:32:
I was actually thinking about picking it up, just to see what it's like, until I learned that the flight mechanics are gimped. Is that correct? I thought you could fly in space, seamlessly transition to a planet's atmosphere and fly around as you wish, or hover over the ground. Apparently there is now an autopilot that does some these things for you?

Every time I think we get a game where you have real seamless transitions between planets and space I get disappointed. I guess the first Elite games did it. Evochron does it.
And the only other game that does it is Rodina. In No Man's Sky it seems fake. Not the same fake as in Elite Dangerous, where you have different instances, but it seems like you don't have real control over it. Am I wrong?
I suggest you watch some youtube gameplay videos

Are there videos without facecam and audio commentary? I find it increasingly harder to find videos of games with just gameplay, i.e. not a let's play, no stupid commentary, just plain gameplay.
I could turn off the sound but then I would miss out on the auditive aspect of the game. :/

19. Re: Game Reviews Aug 17, 2016, 06:32 yuastnav

I was actually thinking about picking it up, just to see what it's like, until I learned that the flight mechanics are gimped. Is that correct? I thought you could fly in space, seamlessly transition to a planet's atmosphere and fly around as you wish, or hover over the ground. Apparently there is now an autopilot that does some these things for you?

Every time I think we get a game where you have real seamless transitions between planets and space I get disappointed. I guess the first Elite games did it. Evochron does it.
And the only other game that does it is Rodina. In No Man's Sky it seems fake. Not the same fake as in Elite Dangerous, where you have different instances, but it seems like you don't have real control over it. Am I wrong?

News Comments > Seasons After the Fall Trailer
1. Re: Seasons After the Fall Trailer Aug 17, 2016, 04:46 yuastnav

I am really looking forward to "Seasons after fall". I have been looking forward to this game for such a long time now, seems like five or so years.  

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
5. Re: Evening Metaverse Aug 16, 2016, 05:32 yuastnav

VaranDragon wrote on Aug 16, 2016, 03:44:
NKD wrote on Aug 15, 2016, 21:24:
Wikipedia is full of no life autists with axes to grind. Wikis in general are like that. The compulsive editing and updating of a single-purpose page is like fucking heroin to autistic people. It's routine for wiki editors to be banned from participating in certain topics because they get way too invested and start to think they own particular topics and pages.

As the article points out, it is ultra contentious for articles about living people. In addition to that, any article about any currently ongoing events is going to be a shitty battleground.

Wikipedia isn't about accuracy in these articles, it's just about factions fighting to ensure THEIR version of the truth is the one that gets written. If you can get the Wikipedia page slanted to your side long enough, some writers will parrot what they read there as gospel truth, and then the Wiki editors can then use that writer's articles as the reliable citation they need to seal the deal. It's the magic of citogenesis, where Wiki editors can generate whatever truth they prefer and create the illusion that they sourced that truth from somewhere else when in fact it came out of their own rectums.

Sounds like you know very little about mental illness, autism in particular, and even less about how wikipedia is run and managed.

I don't know, what he wrote is not too far off.
As far as I remember whether something is true is defined by wikipedia through how many "relevant" sources you can cite that state it is so. Of course that's pretty asinine in some cases, e.g. when some journalist reads something on wikipedia that is not correct but hasn't been corrected yet then writes an article about it, staying the same thing, without citing sources and then it's used in wikipedia as proof that it's true.

Wat.

And then you have the edit wars and rogue admins and a founder that really doesn't give a shit about what's going on and sticks his head into the sand because he doesn't care.

News Comments > LawBreakers Alpha Aftermath
2. Re: LawBreakers Alpha Aftermath Aug 16, 2016, 03:31 yuastnav

I am really curious what they are going to do with the next stage of the game. Neither played the assassin nor the enforcer, because of the reasons they stated. Assassin is too much of a melee character and the enforcer is kind of generic. I really like big guns (though I am not a fan of the huge weapon models) so I really enjoyed playing as the Titan.  

News Comments > Another LawBreakers Vanguard Video
5. Re: Another LawBreakers Vanguard Video Aug 10, 2016, 07:15 yuastnav

SlimRam wrote on Aug 9, 2016, 21:56:
Ummmm...why does EVERY video of EVERY "different class" of player ALWAYS show them flying through the air and fighting? And WHY would you WANT be one of the poor bastards running around on the ground being the fodder for these flying assassins?

Because as a Titan, the slowest moving class in the game, I can kill an assassin with one direct rocket. Which I do because my aim is AWESOME!

This game is hella fun. I just wish they would make the weapon models smaller. The Titan's rocket launcher covers almost a third of the screen and you can be blind sided by an enemy coming from your right. Gotta keep moving.

I haven't even watched a single one of these class videos lol.
Playing the alpha was awesome enough.

News Comments > No Man's Sky is Very Very Chill
39. Re: No Man's Sky is Very Very Chill Aug 9, 2016, 10:32 yuastnav

nin wrote on Aug 9, 2016, 09:19:
BitWraith wrote on Aug 9, 2016, 00:35:
It'll have as much game to it as Minecraft does. If that appeals to you, then this may be the game for you.

Pretty much what I'm seeing. As someone who loves open worlds and exploring, I'm in!

I used to love sandbox and open world games but the sheer amount of these games that we've gotten in the past few years has put me off this genre somehow.
And I don't see how this is like Minecraft. In Minecraft you can actually build stuff, you can construct something and leave a lasting mark in the world. In No man's sky there is nothing like that. Even if they add base building I cannot imagine how it could compare to Minecraft because I don't think the base building will compare to the block building in Minecraft.

News Comments > No Man's Sky is Very Very Chill
31. Re: No Man's Sky is Very Very Chill Aug 9, 2016, 03:17 yuastnav

Retired wrote on Aug 9, 2016, 00:58:
This article from twitterverse got me more interested.

http://bit.ly/2avPGOc

For those that are playing, is it Starbound FPS?

I'd like to know, too, but without the building aspect I cannot imagine this to be anything like Starbound.

What I love about Starbound is that I can, inbetween all the combat, the missions, the exploration and the mining, just go back to my base and try to build a nice looking 2D city. Much like what Minecraft was.

News Comments > LawBreakers Vanguard Video
2. Re: LawBreakers Vanguard Video Aug 9, 2016, 03:01 yuastnav

And it's a shame, too, because this game is bloody fantastic. I've been playing as the Titan class these past two alphas and it was a blast, running around and wielding the rocket launcher.
Vanguard is also very nice. I love being able to fly and chain gun everything that's in my way but I guess I'll always be the slow-moving, hard-hitting heavy weapons guy at heart.

News Comments > Lawbreakers Trailer
2. Re: Lawbreakers Trailer Aug 2, 2016, 07:19 yuastnav

I've had a blast during the second alpha, just like during the first fun. I played Vanguard during the first one and the quick movement and the chaingun is fun but then I changed to Titan during the second Alpha and wow... just blasting everything with the rocket launcher is so cool. And that huge amount of health.

It's like playing an Onos from Natural Selection with a rocket launcher from Quake, basically.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
16. Re: Drawing Sword From The Back - Is It Possible? Jul 29, 2016, 07:13 yuastnav

Mordecai Walfish wrote on Jul 28, 2016, 09:42:
That video about drawing the sword from the back is 8 retarded minutes of some guy who thinks he's doing some kind of swordfighting science with a foam blade.

It requires a special kind of sheath that is open for a particular length (depending on the size of blade/person) on the opposite side that you will be pulling it from.

And yet, historically speaking, no one drew their swords from the back because it's impractical and impossible since you wouldn't be able to get it out.
And having a sheath that is partly open is just plain stupid because the scabbard is there to protect the blade. Why would you even wear a scabbard if it didn't protect the blade.

Nothing wrong with carrying a sword on the side, like any sane person not wanting to die would do. Especially because you're already in a blocking position when you draw your sword from the side while your torso is COMPLETELY OPEN when you try and fail to draw it from the back.

1078 Comments. 54 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo