Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for yuastnav

Real Name yuastnav   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 25, 2010, 15:17
Total Comments 1086 (Pro)
User ID 55800

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
4. Re: Evening Metaverse Sep 27, 2016, 03:14 yuastnav

Selling sex to the sex-starved (*sigh* there is no English equivalent to the word "notgeil").

What else is new. *shrug*

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Cossacks 3 Released
3. Re: Cossacks 3 Released Sep 21, 2016, 14:38 yuastnav

Woah, that came out of nowhere. I love the first game to bits but I don't have access to my main gaming rig to try this out.

Oh well, I'll just put it on my wishlist.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
13. Re: Morning Mobilization Sep 21, 2016, 02:43 yuastnav

I really like my Nexus 5 and was glad spending the 400 two years ago.
If the price really is going to be that high on the Pixel phone I hope they'll at least lower the price on the current 5X/6P.

Furthermore, when I had a small smartphone with limited functionality I didn't use it very much. After I got the Nexus 5 I started using it a lot more. Take photos, check emails, read news, read books (that's why I'd love to have a slightly larger screen), sometimes even ssh onto a machine and do a little bit of work. And having internet all the time is really useful, too.

I still think that the top of the line phones are overpriced but not by that much. There is a lot of useful features packed into a single device.

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
12. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Sep 19, 2016, 05:06 yuastnav

Yeah only because you had bad maths teachers doesn't mean you will start hating maths. You may be bad at maths because you suck at it.

I like physics and maths despite having bad teachers. Same thing with history. Once I got good teachers in these subjects in grades 11 to 13 I ended up liking these subjects even more.

A tutor is necessary if you have bad teachers and if you are struggling. If you don't like a certain subject from within it is unlikely a good teacher will change that. Know plenty of people who told me they had good teachers who explained everything very well, they just sucked at the subject. Even some that liked it sucked at it.

You need the right frame of mind for it.

News Comments > Saturday Mobilization
15. Re: Saturday Mobilization Sep 12, 2016, 06:40 yuastnav

I'm pretty happy with my Nexus 5. Always up to date, I'm in control of my apps, it's really fast. It's great.

No way in hell I'd ever use an Apple product. It's not directly Apple itself but the it's the userbase that pisses me off. I get the feeling that a lot of Apple's customers are these really mindless drones that NEED NEED NEED the next Apple product. It's like a cult.

Anyway, I used an iphone once and it's really confusing. Of course I'm used to the vanilla android on my Nexus but on the iphone it's more difficult than it needs to be, i.e. how you access your settings and stuff like that. Android is far from perfect but iOS is needlessly confusing.

News Comments > Saturday Mobilization
1. Re: Saturday Mobilization Sep 5, 2016, 03:13 yuastnav

Hopefully the Pixel phone will be reasonably priced so I can replace my Nexus 5. I would've kept it for a while longer but unfortunately it is starting to fall apart and crashes rather frequently so I'll have to retire it a bit earlier than expected.

Oh well, if the Pixel phones will be too expensive I'll have to get the 5X or the 6P. Really would like to get the 6P but it's expensive as hell. 800 Euros for the 128 GB version wat

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
5. Re: Evening Metaverse Sep 1, 2016, 09:02 yuastnav

loomy wrote on Sep 1, 2016, 00:40:
Cutter wrote on Aug 31, 2016, 20:21:
And anyone around here would care about this why?

freedom of speech concerns us all cutter, which is why you're here instead of another site that would ban you instantly

Freedom of speech, eh? So which government is it that tried to censor pewdiepie through twitter?

I am likewise baffled by this news. Pewdiepie? Didn't think there are many 10 years olds on this site.

News Comments > CD Projekt Worth $1B
31. Re: CD Projekt Worth $1B Aug 30, 2016, 16:40 yuastnav

VaranDragon wrote on Aug 30, 2016, 04:24:
[...]
This. Also you can't really compare Skyrim (or even any TES game) to the Witcher3. They are NOT even in the same genre. The Witcher3 is an open world action/adventure role playing game, Skyrim is an open world CRPG. In the W3 you play as ONE character, one PARTICULAR character actually and that's it. You can't even choose a class, your class is basically "a Witcher". Saying that one game here is better than the other is kind of pointless.
[...]

Skyrim is a CRPG? Wat _
Baldur's Gate is a CRPG. Fallout 2 is a CRPG. Pillars of Eternity is a CRPG. Skyrim is more like an open-world action adventure with RPG elements.

News Comments > Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Released
47. Re: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Released Aug 23, 2016, 16:21 yuastnav

Crash to desktop during a cutscene within the first few hours of the game.

Great. -_-
It'll show me not to play on launch again.

News Comments > No Man's Sky Patch Details and Plans
26. Re: No Man's Sky Patch Details and Plans Aug 22, 2016, 05:48 yuastnav

wonkawonka wrote on Aug 22, 2016, 05:34:
I don't get why people are so up in arms about this. The game is procedurally rendered, so obviously it'll be mostly boring. Obviously there'll be stupid stuff. But also obviously there'll be really cool things.

For example, I just found last night a planet with what looked like a tyrannosaurus Rex with a crest on the top of its head. And it attacked me. I also walked through a jungle with monsoons. And got lost in caverns of frozen planets.

There's some really good stuff in there, but as are most sandbox games (especially procedural ones), the story is lacking, the fighting is meh (really really meh in this case), but if you wander a bit off the beaten path you can get enough satisfaction that $50 is money acceptably spent.

So what about all the things that they have shown in the videos and aren't in the game?
If the game would've been like it was shown in the gameplay videos from the last months I would've bought it. As it stands now it's just a giant heap of broken promises and disappointments. And I'm not talking about hype.
I'm talking about simple things like being able to fly close to the ground, land manually or large fleets of ships. And also more complex things like more than two types of behaviour for the critters.

News Comments > Star Citizen Gamescom Presentation
84. Re: Star Citizen Gamescom Presentation Aug 22, 2016, 05:26 yuastnav

CJ_Parker wrote on Aug 22, 2016, 00:56:
ItBurn wrote on Aug 22, 2016, 00:13:
I think that you guys are too blinded by your emotions or previous investments to realize how amazing the tech in that demo was. There's never been anything done at a level close to this. If you want a full simulation of a space game, this is the real deal. They took no shortcuts. Don't reply to my comment about how you think this is a scam or all that endlessly repetitive noise. Just appreciate the tech.

What "tech" exactly are you referring to? The planetary atmospheric entry stuff? There have been videos on YT for years like this one here and many more.
You can also seamlessly land on planets across the 400bn star systems in Elite Dangerous until you have planets coming out your ass. It's nothing special.

Everything else has also been done in other games and much better than here. So what "tech" are you talking about exactly?

Unfortunately everything in Elite Dangerous is instanced, not seamless. I'm not even sure it's fully seamless in No man's sky, I cannot shake the feeling that they are cheating somewhere.
I think it's seamless in Rodina and maybe Evochron? But that's it.

News Comments > Star Citizen Gamescom Presentation
56. Re: Star Citizen Gamescom Presentation Aug 21, 2016, 07:00 yuastnav

Linthat22 wrote on Aug 21, 2016, 06:45:
jdreyer wrote on Aug 21, 2016, 03:13:
Darks wrote on Aug 20, 2016, 14:46:
IDK, I think to many people are to easily impressed. I really didn't see anything about this that blew me away. To many people are in a hurry to praise what they are seeing, but the reality of it is, hes had 5 years to make this game so far. And this is all he really has to show for? Those of us who originally backed this game are getting very I'm patient with him.

Don't count me among the many who are ready to bow down to him. Everything I've seen here No Mans Sky is already doing.

Took NMS 8 years to ship their game, and they did a lot less than what Roberts is trying to do. Which rather than bowing down, has me scratching my head: how is he going to finish this within budget and make it all work in a cohesive whole while delivering all of those mechanics over a "universe" of 100 unique star systems? The proof of concept is shaping up nicely, but that's just one system...

8 years? Where did you get that number? Every place of read has stated 4 years.

I actually could not get a proper answer when I googled how long it took to develop No man's sky. I think the first announcement was in 2012 or something like that and they already had a small gameplay video, I think. So it's likely it took them longer to develop the game.

Although I'm not sure why. I guess they did a lot of fucking around with some algorithms or something because there is not a lot of game to speak of.

Star Citizen has already more gameplay than NMS. It looks okay. Not great. Still not confident they will pull off what they set out to do.

News Comments > Deus Ex Mankind Divided Reviews
26. Re: Deus Ex Mankind Divided Reviews Aug 19, 2016, 13:15 yuastnav

peteham wrote on Aug 19, 2016, 13:11:
How's the hacking minigame in this, I wonder? The one in DX:HR caused me major burn-out on that aspect on the game (still managed to finish the game). I'm a compulsive idiot so I'd need a mod to bypass it or something to even consider dipping into this one any time soon, if hacking is as plentiful..

From what I read this is one of the things that works exactly the same as in the previous game.

News Comments > Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Trailer
22. Re: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Trailer Aug 19, 2016, 10:00 yuastnav

nin wrote on Aug 19, 2016, 09:27:
Gamestar: 86%

Apparently the story is kinda weak but the gameplay is very good and just an overall improvement over Human Revolution.

News Comments > City: Skylines: Natural Disasters Announced
6. Re: City: Skylines: Natural Disasters Announced Aug 18, 2016, 18:27 yuastnav

Really cool. I already wondered what they are going to do. More DLC for this awesome game is always welcome.

Though I'd also wager that they are working on a new project. Wonder what it'll be.

News Comments > Space Hulk: Deathwing Trailer
19. Re: Space Hulk: Deathwing Trailer Aug 18, 2016, 18:25 yuastnav

Really cool! Looks like the developers of E.Y.E. Divine Cybermancy did a good job. I knew Streum On Studios had it in them after I've seen how WH40K-esque E.Y.E. was. Hope this will be good.  

News Comments > Game Reviews
22. Re: Game Reviews Aug 17, 2016, 07:35 yuastnav

"Press E to initiate landing"

okay so we're already off to an incredibly bad start. Why can't I just land on my own?

Also can you accelerate to high speeds yourself or do you need to use this "boost" to travel between planets? Can I just point the nose of my ship at some random point and travel in that direction, just accelerating? Maybe getting to another start without "warping"?

I wonder whether something like that would work in Elite Dangerous, i.e. whether you would actually be able to reach another star. Since flight assist doesn't work in cruise mode it wouldn't work since you'd run out of fuel.
These are the kind of things that really bug me, in any space game. You get the impression that it's this really big universe and you can go anywhere you want but I cannot get immersed when I see that star systems are just really big levels/boxes and you go from box to box.
I realise that this is the easiest way to solve this problem from a technical point of view but it's so frustrating.

Looking at what No man's sky does it doesn't hold a candle to Elite Dangerous. This game has it's own problems but at least there is stuff to do. There is a whole faction system, albeit not a very dynamic one.

I would've loved if NMS did the things it set out to do but it looks like, especially from that reddit post, that it's just one huge disappointment.
We love to laugh at Star Citizen but at least they are taking their time, even if it's taking forever. Though they are selling a bag of dreams they don't claim that they have a finished game.

Calling NMS finished is misleading. Yeah, they technically released it and you can call anything finished but it has so many shortcomings.

At this point I will just wait until I can grab it for ten bucks or so to get my 3 or 4 hours of fun out of this game and call it a day. I love sandbox games, open world games and games where you can explore. But this is just like every other mediocre survival game on steam that brings barely anything new to the table.

21. Re: Game Reviews Aug 17, 2016, 07:25 yuastnav

SpectralMeat wrote on Aug 17, 2016, 07:18:
yuastnav wrote on Aug 17, 2016, 06:32:
I was actually thinking about picking it up, just to see what it's like, until I learned that the flight mechanics are gimped. Is that correct? I thought you could fly in space, seamlessly transition to a planet's atmosphere and fly around as you wish, or hover over the ground. Apparently there is now an autopilot that does some these things for you?

Every time I think we get a game where you have real seamless transitions between planets and space I get disappointed. I guess the first Elite games did it. Evochron does it.
And the only other game that does it is Rodina. In No Man's Sky it seems fake. Not the same fake as in Elite Dangerous, where you have different instances, but it seems like you don't have real control over it. Am I wrong?
I suggest you watch some youtube gameplay videos

Are there videos without facecam and audio commentary? I find it increasingly harder to find videos of games with just gameplay, i.e. not a let's play, no stupid commentary, just plain gameplay.
I could turn off the sound but then I would miss out on the auditive aspect of the game. :/

19. Re: Game Reviews Aug 17, 2016, 06:32 yuastnav

I was actually thinking about picking it up, just to see what it's like, until I learned that the flight mechanics are gimped. Is that correct? I thought you could fly in space, seamlessly transition to a planet's atmosphere and fly around as you wish, or hover over the ground. Apparently there is now an autopilot that does some these things for you?

Every time I think we get a game where you have real seamless transitions between planets and space I get disappointed. I guess the first Elite games did it. Evochron does it.
And the only other game that does it is Rodina. In No Man's Sky it seems fake. Not the same fake as in Elite Dangerous, where you have different instances, but it seems like you don't have real control over it. Am I wrong?

News Comments > Seasons After the Fall Trailer
1. Re: Seasons After the Fall Trailer Aug 17, 2016, 04:46 yuastnav

I am really looking forward to "Seasons after fall". I have been looking forward to this game for such a long time now, seems like five or so years.  

1086 Comments. 55 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo