Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for yuastnav

Real Name yuastnav   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 25, 2010, 15:17
Total Comments 1247 (Pro)
User ID 55800

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > THQ Nordic Buying Koch Media
20. Re: THQ Nordic Buying Koch Media Feb 16, 2018, 13:22 yuastnav

eRe4s3r wrote on Feb 15, 2018, 09:03:
yuastnav wrote on Feb 15, 2018, 08:01:
eRe4s3r wrote on Feb 15, 2018, 01:14:
Burrito of Peace wrote on Feb 15, 2018, 00:05:
Does anyone know if they bought the Nexus IP?

I'd love to see another Nexus: The Jupiter Incident.

They own the IP yea, but I doubt they wanna do anything with it.

Wasn't there a Kickstarter or something for Nexus 2, many many years ago? I may be mistaken but it was probably one of the first kickstarters for a video game. They wanted half a million or something and didn't reach the goal. They also said that this was probably the only chance of bringing that title back.

I remember when Koch Media published the first Gothic. Then JoWood published the second and the third one. Both went bankrupt. I'm rather happy that Piranha Bytes have a different publisher now.

They had permission to do that But it failed utterly and the studio went down. IP reverted to THQ, then to THQ Nordic. Not sure if that really means IP or just distribution agreements though.

And PB has THQ Nordic as publisher FYI ;p

Ah, I guess I was thinking about Egosoft and Deepsilver.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > etc., etc.
8. Re: etc., etc. Feb 15, 2018, 08:02 yuastnav

Jedi Knight 3 or any new game in the Jedi Knight franchise would be awesome. But it wouldn't be the same without the Quake engine anymore.  

News Comments > THQ Nordic Buying Koch Media
18. Re: THQ Nordic Buying Koch Media Feb 15, 2018, 08:01 yuastnav

eRe4s3r wrote on Feb 15, 2018, 01:14:
Burrito of Peace wrote on Feb 15, 2018, 00:05:
Does anyone know if they bought the Nexus IP?

I'd love to see another Nexus: The Jupiter Incident.

They own the IP yea, but I doubt they wanna do anything with it.

Wasn't there a Kickstarter or something for Nexus 2, many many years ago? I may be mistaken but it was probably one of the first kickstarters for a video game. They wanted half a million or something and didn't reach the goal. They also said that this was probably the only chance of bringing that title back.

I remember when Koch Media published the first Gothic. Then JoWood published the second and the third one. Both went bankrupt. I'm rather happy that Piranha Bytes have a different publisher now.

News Comments > Saturday Safety Dance
7. Re: Why Linux is better than Windows or macOS for security Feb 12, 2018, 09:21 yuastnav

Choobeastia wrote on Feb 10, 2018, 19:56:
Burrito of Peace wrote on Feb 10, 2018, 14:30:
Brought to you by No-Shit Sherlock and Captain Obvious.

That is one of the many, many reasons I choose to use Linux. That and we get fixes much faster than Microsoft or Apple pushes out to their userbase. Also, free improvements to our favorite software for which we don't have to buy "versions" to receive.

Linux isn't for everyone, certainly, and that should be carefully considered.

There is a portion of me that wants to get on board with Linux, but the community has kept me away. There is a level of elitism to it that comes through if you ever need to ask something. RTFM seems to be the default stance to everything, and if you ever say, "I've read it, and here is the abnormal response I'm getting," there is always another level of RTFM people would use to not answer a simple request for information.

It became infuriating after a time, and though I had my system up and running well, the prospect of dealing with the community for other issues made me revert to windows so I could just game in misery.

Depends on the community, on the person and the time of the day. In the 15 or so years that I've used Debian and had to ask something in the Debian forums I cannot recall that anyone ever told me to RTFM. In other forums, too, but that is where I ask most of the time. I guess that's something that's really subjective.

News Comments > Scrolls Ending Next Week
4. Re: Scrolls Ending Next Week Feb 8, 2018, 03:05 yuastnav

Microsoft will never stop being Microsoft. It's just one moronic decision after the other with these guys, amidst all the promises of "OMG Guys!!! We're super cereal about supporting PC games for realsies now!!!"  

News Comments > Cortex Command Free on Steam
5. Re: Cortex Command Free on Steam Feb 3, 2018, 06:20 yuastnav

I'm really not sure what to think about this.

I mean, it's great that it's free! Bargain! I bought it way back when Early Access wasn't a thing and when I was still eagerly awaiting the first public version of Starbounder. I think. I'm not sure, maybe I'm remembering it wrong. But I remember playing this game when it was still kinda rough. And I had a ton of fun with it. I'm always up for an interesting sandbox game.

However, I remember reading some controversy. The developer was selling this game, however, at some point he declared that he was not going to support this game anymore and that he would start working on a new game and features planned for Cortex Command would go into the new game. Understandably this rubbed a few people the wrong way.

I also bought his new game, Planetoid Pioneers sometime last years, after much internal debating. It's kind of more of the same though different in a few important ways. I wonder whether this was the new game that would get the new features.

If someone actually knows what happened back then - I'd really like to know! I only got a glimpse of the drama and still am unsure what really went down and whether Cortex Command was actually "finished", at least in the way it was intended to be finished when development started.

News Comments > Frontier Pilot Simulator Early Access
4. Re: Frontier Pilot Simulator Early Access Feb 1, 2018, 06:08 yuastnav

Yeah, I was gonna say. Either Elite or the X games is where the real space trucking is at.  

News Comments > etc.
2. Re: etc. Jan 22, 2018, 11:59 yuastnav

Cool, I'm looking forward to the next big update and to his next game, though it's probably a long time off.  

News Comments > Into the Black
5. Re: Into the Black Jan 12, 2018, 02:37 yuastnav

Cutter wrote on Jan 11, 2018, 23:17:
A CT scan is way more enjoyable than an MRI.

Is it because a CT scan is 100% more like to kill you than a MRI scan?

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
8. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Jan 12, 2018, 02:33 yuastnav

Cutter wrote on Jan 11, 2018, 17:19:
Prez wrote on Jan 11, 2018, 11:53:
No Overwatch League Team Signed The Game's Most Notable Female Pro To Their Roster

I suspect that the reason for this is that no one wants to deal with the sexual misconduct allegations that would likely follow. It's unfortunate but given today's climate surrounding that issue everybody in the sex-starved male dominated gaming scene just would rather avoid it completely.

And woman have no one but themselves to blame for fostering this age of puritanical witch hunts where even the slightest misstep can have you hunted down and persecuted by the Inquisition.

Did you deliberately use the singular form of woman and the plural "have no one but themselves" to confuse the reader whether you are talking about one specific woman or all women?

If it is the former, which woman are you talking about and if it is the latter...

... I do not see anything wrong with laying blame on a whole group, which roughly consists of half the population of the world, without differentiating. Especially with such a bold and seemingly baseless claim.

News Comments > DUSK Early Access
17. Re: DUSK Early Access Jan 12, 2018, 02:32 yuastnav

Looks good. Gameplay could be a bit faster but I'll have to try it out before I can conclusively make a correct statement about the pace of this game.

No Linux version tho :E

News Comments > Paladins Battlegrounds Announced
19. Re: Paladins Battlegrounds Announced Jan 5, 2018, 09:28 yuastnav

Kxmode wrote on Jan 5, 2018, 05:47:
So much butthurt over something so derivative. Anyone remember Tribes? Who cares who copied who. What matters is which game you enjoy most.

I miss Tribes. :/

Unfortunately it was abandoned.

News Comments > Evening Interviews
9. Re: Evening Interviews Dec 23, 2017, 08:25 yuastnav

I am just looking forward to a new X-Game. I am willing to give them a chance with X4. I hope it will be good.  

News Comments > Police Simulator 18 Delayed Again
10. Re: Police Simulator 18 Delayed Again Dec 16, 2017, 04:59 yuastnav

NamecaF wrote on Dec 16, 2017, 01:09:
Wow, the anti-cop sentiment from you people is astounding. It kinda makes me hope your car gets stolen or you get assaulted. Lets see if you have the same attitude with the cops then.

Does it still count when you get assaulted by a K9 unit because the cop mistook a banana for a gun?

News Comments > Police Simulator 18 Delayed Again
8. Re: Police Simulator 18 Delayed Again Dec 15, 2017, 15:10 yuastnav

If I cannot violently shove someone into another police officer and sue them for assault and resisting arrest then this game isn't nearly realistic enough.  

News Comments > MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries Co-op & Steam Workshop Support Announced
14. Re: MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries Co-op & Steam Workshop Support Announced Dec 10, 2017, 17:25 yuastnav

Heh, I thought you guys were exaggerating when you said the graphics look like they're ten years old but... I'm surprised to find out that I actually agree. It does look quite dated.

On the other hand: single-player... kinda. I was hoping for something more like Mechwarrior 2 but eh at least it's not pvp.

News Comments > Sunday Safety Dance
2. Re: Sunday Safety Dance Dec 10, 2017, 17:16 yuastnav

I dunno, anyone can uninstall this package if they don't like it. Though in my 14 or so years of using Debian I've never encountered a problem with a security update on a stable system so that decision doesn't actually sound too bad.  

News Comments > X-Series and The Division Free Weekends
2. Re: X-Series and The Division Free Weekends Dec 8, 2017, 14:07 yuastnav

Creston wrote on Dec 8, 2017, 10:25:
I can heartily recommend X3: Terran Conflict or X3: Albion Prelude to anyone. Unfortunately, a two day free-play will let you get basically nowhere, really.

Ah, Terran Conflict. That feeling of awesomeness when I finally had my big ass Terran destroyer fully outfitted, and I just went and utterly annihilated entire Xenon sectors with it. It was glorious. I didn't play AP much, for some reason. Probably because I had put 1000+ hours into X2, X3 and X3:TC in the few years before and was a bit burned out.

But now I kinda miss the X series. I saw one of my Steam buddies play X Rebirth yesterday, and briefly entertained the thought of giving it another try, but then I realized I have like 15000 better games to play instead.

I still have a slight hope that X4 will return to be being awesome. Please be awesome.

Yeah, I hope so, too. But I think it will be awesome.

News Comments > etc.
3. Re: etc. Dec 6, 2017, 01:58 yuastnav

Huh. I didn't know I wanted that. And there I thought that I'm absolutely fine with the two RPGs we got from Bioware and Obsidian.

Okay then.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
3. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Nov 28, 2017, 09:41 yuastnav

Beamer wrote on Nov 28, 2017, 07:35:
The Eurogamer article has the best info on it:

It has now come to light that one of the defendants is a 14-year-old who Epic Games sued because the teenager appealed against the developer's DMCA takedown request of a YouTube video revealing how to use cheats. Legally, Epic Games had to either withdraw the DMCA takedown request or file suit against the teen. The developer chose the latter.
"This particular lawsuit arose as a result of the defendant filing a DMCA counterclaim to a takedown notice on a YouTube video that exposed and promoted Fortnite Battle Royale cheats and exploits," said an Epic Games spokesperson in a statement to Eurogamer. "Under these circumstances, the law requires that we file suit or drop the claim.
"Epic is not okay with ongoing cheating or copyright infringement from anyone at any age. As stated previously, we take cheating seriously, and we'll pursue all available options to make sure our games are fun, fair, and competitive for players."

Wait, what? Did I understand that correctly that not only did he cheat in a multiplayer game but he also recorded it, made a video about it and when it was taken down he filed a counterclaim to get it back up again?

Man, I guess cheaters ARE morons.

1247 Comments. 63 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo