Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for yuastnav

Real Name yuastnav   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 25, 2010, 15:17
Total Comments 1257 (Pro)
User ID 55800

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
6. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jul 9, 2018, 09:50 yuastnav

Eh C++ is okay. Yeah sure, it's hard as hell but you can do a lot with it.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Bus Simulator 18 Rolls Out
5. Re: Bus Simulator 18 Rolls Out Jun 15, 2018, 13:10 yuastnav

VaranDragon wrote on Jun 14, 2018, 10:17:
Why would anyone want to play this?

I'd really like to play this if it wasn't for the terrible driving mechanics. :/

News Comments > Into the Black
5. Re: Into the Black May 3, 2018, 06:43 yuastnav

They do make good Soba.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
37. Re: Out of the Blue May 3, 2018, 06:41 yuastnav

jdreyer wrote on May 1, 2018, 13:28:
A shame about Gibson. They're an iconic guitar maker. The Les Paul is a dream to play: solid, with it's think neck and low action. Sounds like their management sucks, and basically ran the company into the ground.

I dunno. I do have a 7-stringed Les Paul from Epiphone from 2000. It's okay. It sounds incredible, but the playability is okay. It's much easier to play on my PRS SE and the I get the best playability with my Majesty from Music Man because the neck is designed so just damn well.

My problem with the big guitar companies is that they don't innovate. At all. Gibson tried to include tuners on their guitars but that's a stupid idea, since it doesn't work that well. I'd actually like to see people do one-piece guitars, like the OPS from Will Gelvin (although unfortunately his company is struggling). But there is nothing new. They just make really overpriced guitars.

Don't get me wrong, I love Les Pauls. I love the sound. But I get a feeling that it's cheaper and better to go to a local guitar builder and let him build a guitar for you. My guitar teacher actually let a local guitar maker build a few guitars for around 2000 to 3000 Euros (Strats) and they are miles better than what you get form Fender for that kind of money.

I bet Fender is next.

News Comments > Stardew Valley Multiplayer Beta
1. Re: Stardew Valley Multiplayer Beta May 1, 2018, 04:41 yuastnav

Aaaaand I'm back in Pelican Town again. Looking forward to the next 170 hours.  

News Comments > Star Citizen Free Fly Weekend
10. Re: Star Citizen Free Fly Weekend Apr 14, 2018, 10:37 yuastnav

Hmm. So after downloading this huge thing it took ten or so minutes to load only to run at about 5fps. And now the game froze in front of the ship retrieval console. Grrrrreat.  

News Comments > This Is the Police 2 Trailer
6. Re: This Is the Police 2 Trailer Apr 14, 2018, 08:36 yuastnav

MT Silver wrote on Apr 14, 2018, 06:03:
Your 'fuck da police' attitude is hilarious. If they announced they were pulling out of your neighbourhood you would be shitting your pants and rightly so. These people are all that stands between us and the wolves.

Well yeah but this is not a fantasy game. If they try to make a realisitc police simulator then everyone who's not on the side of the police is fuuuucked, son.

News Comments > Jalopy Rolls Out
3. Re: Jalopy Rolls Out Mar 29, 2018, 02:31 yuastnav

Man I haven't played it since it first hit early access. Kinda excited for how the game changed.  

News Comments > Hunt Down The Freeman Released
10. Re: Hunt Down The Freeman Released Feb 27, 2018, 03:46 yuastnav

Razumen wrote on Feb 26, 2018, 20:52:
eRe4s3r wrote on Feb 26, 2018, 13:53:
Again proving that Source engine is nearly damn near unworkable for unskilled indy developers. The engine and workflow are such a mess that it's easier to bring it already done stuff from other games than make your own (levels, in particular) BSP map building should NOT be a thing in 2018

Pretty much any engine is unworkable for unskilled developers-that's why they're unskilled...

This just proves that having an idea is not enough to make a good game happen.
[...]

Yeah, it baffles my mind how many people out there think "I know nothing about programming but I have like this idea for a game so I'm like a game designer and I make video games lol". This was especially evident with this Yogsventures game where some stupid dolts wanted to make a game without a programmer.

If you don't have a programmer you don't have a game. You can take a programmer who knows nothing about game design, music, art, animations or ANYTHING but he can actually get something done. He can actually code something that you can interact with. If you have someone who can do everything but program you don't have anything because there's no one to realise the project until you actually get a programmer.

News Comments > etc., etc.
2. Re: etc., etc. Feb 24, 2018, 04:12 yuastnav

Jagacademy wrote on Feb 23, 2018, 22:53:
That list was terrible, missed all of the games that did recover from disastrous releases (Vampire Bloodlines), and had a bunch listed that had perfectly normal launches.

Agreed. This list is mindbogglingly bad. Just stupid. Oh well. Gotta generate those clicks somehow.

News Comments > THQ Nordic Buying Koch Media
20. Re: THQ Nordic Buying Koch Media Feb 16, 2018, 13:22 yuastnav

eRe4s3r wrote on Feb 15, 2018, 09:03:
yuastnav wrote on Feb 15, 2018, 08:01:
eRe4s3r wrote on Feb 15, 2018, 01:14:
Burrito of Peace wrote on Feb 15, 2018, 00:05:
Does anyone know if they bought the Nexus IP?

I'd love to see another Nexus: The Jupiter Incident.

They own the IP yea, but I doubt they wanna do anything with it.

Wasn't there a Kickstarter or something for Nexus 2, many many years ago? I may be mistaken but it was probably one of the first kickstarters for a video game. They wanted half a million or something and didn't reach the goal. They also said that this was probably the only chance of bringing that title back.

I remember when Koch Media published the first Gothic. Then JoWood published the second and the third one. Both went bankrupt. I'm rather happy that Piranha Bytes have a different publisher now.

They had permission to do that But it failed utterly and the studio went down. IP reverted to THQ, then to THQ Nordic. Not sure if that really means IP or just distribution agreements though.

And PB has THQ Nordic as publisher FYI ;p

Ah, I guess I was thinking about Egosoft and Deepsilver.

News Comments > etc., etc.
8. Re: etc., etc. Feb 15, 2018, 08:02 yuastnav

Jedi Knight 3 or any new game in the Jedi Knight franchise would be awesome. But it wouldn't be the same without the Quake engine anymore.  

News Comments > THQ Nordic Buying Koch Media
18. Re: THQ Nordic Buying Koch Media Feb 15, 2018, 08:01 yuastnav

eRe4s3r wrote on Feb 15, 2018, 01:14:
Burrito of Peace wrote on Feb 15, 2018, 00:05:
Does anyone know if they bought the Nexus IP?

I'd love to see another Nexus: The Jupiter Incident.

They own the IP yea, but I doubt they wanna do anything with it.

Wasn't there a Kickstarter or something for Nexus 2, many many years ago? I may be mistaken but it was probably one of the first kickstarters for a video game. They wanted half a million or something and didn't reach the goal. They also said that this was probably the only chance of bringing that title back.

I remember when Koch Media published the first Gothic. Then JoWood published the second and the third one. Both went bankrupt. I'm rather happy that Piranha Bytes have a different publisher now.

News Comments > Saturday Safety Dance
7. Re: Why Linux is better than Windows or macOS for security Feb 12, 2018, 09:21 yuastnav

Choobeastia wrote on Feb 10, 2018, 19:56:
Burrito of Peace wrote on Feb 10, 2018, 14:30:
Brought to you by No-Shit Sherlock and Captain Obvious.

That is one of the many, many reasons I choose to use Linux. That and we get fixes much faster than Microsoft or Apple pushes out to their userbase. Also, free improvements to our favorite software for which we don't have to buy "versions" to receive.

Linux isn't for everyone, certainly, and that should be carefully considered.

There is a portion of me that wants to get on board with Linux, but the community has kept me away. There is a level of elitism to it that comes through if you ever need to ask something. RTFM seems to be the default stance to everything, and if you ever say, "I've read it, and here is the abnormal response I'm getting," there is always another level of RTFM people would use to not answer a simple request for information.

It became infuriating after a time, and though I had my system up and running well, the prospect of dealing with the community for other issues made me revert to windows so I could just game in misery.

Depends on the community, on the person and the time of the day. In the 15 or so years that I've used Debian and had to ask something in the Debian forums I cannot recall that anyone ever told me to RTFM. In other forums, too, but that is where I ask most of the time. I guess that's something that's really subjective.

News Comments > Scrolls Ending Next Week
4. Re: Scrolls Ending Next Week Feb 8, 2018, 03:05 yuastnav

Microsoft will never stop being Microsoft. It's just one moronic decision after the other with these guys, amidst all the promises of "OMG Guys!!! We're super cereal about supporting PC games for realsies now!!!"  

News Comments > Cortex Command Free on Steam
5. Re: Cortex Command Free on Steam Feb 3, 2018, 06:20 yuastnav

I'm really not sure what to think about this.

I mean, it's great that it's free! Bargain! I bought it way back when Early Access wasn't a thing and when I was still eagerly awaiting the first public version of Starbounder. I think. I'm not sure, maybe I'm remembering it wrong. But I remember playing this game when it was still kinda rough. And I had a ton of fun with it. I'm always up for an interesting sandbox game.

However, I remember reading some controversy. The developer was selling this game, however, at some point he declared that he was not going to support this game anymore and that he would start working on a new game and features planned for Cortex Command would go into the new game. Understandably this rubbed a few people the wrong way.

I also bought his new game, Planetoid Pioneers sometime last years, after much internal debating. It's kind of more of the same though different in a few important ways. I wonder whether this was the new game that would get the new features.

If someone actually knows what happened back then - I'd really like to know! I only got a glimpse of the drama and still am unsure what really went down and whether Cortex Command was actually "finished", at least in the way it was intended to be finished when development started.

News Comments > Frontier Pilot Simulator Early Access
4. Re: Frontier Pilot Simulator Early Access Feb 1, 2018, 06:08 yuastnav

Yeah, I was gonna say. Either Elite or the X games is where the real space trucking is at.  

News Comments > etc.
2. Re: etc. Jan 22, 2018, 11:59 yuastnav

Cool, I'm looking forward to the next big update and to his next game, though it's probably a long time off.  

News Comments > Into the Black
5. Re: Into the Black Jan 12, 2018, 02:37 yuastnav

Cutter wrote on Jan 11, 2018, 23:17:
A CT scan is way more enjoyable than an MRI.

Is it because a CT scan is 100% more like to kill you than a MRI scan?

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
8. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Jan 12, 2018, 02:33 yuastnav

Cutter wrote on Jan 11, 2018, 17:19:
Prez wrote on Jan 11, 2018, 11:53:
No Overwatch League Team Signed The Game's Most Notable Female Pro To Their Roster

I suspect that the reason for this is that no one wants to deal with the sexual misconduct allegations that would likely follow. It's unfortunate but given today's climate surrounding that issue everybody in the sex-starved male dominated gaming scene just would rather avoid it completely.

And woman have no one but themselves to blame for fostering this age of puritanical witch hunts where even the slightest misstep can have you hunted down and persecuted by the Inquisition.

Did you deliberately use the singular form of woman and the plural "have no one but themselves" to confuse the reader whether you are talking about one specific woman or all women?

If it is the former, which woman are you talking about and if it is the latter...

... I do not see anything wrong with laying blame on a whole group, which roughly consists of half the population of the world, without differentiating. Especially with such a bold and seemingly baseless claim.

1257 Comments. 63 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo