Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
User Settings
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for yuastnav

Real Name yuastnav   
Search for:
Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:
Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 25, 2010, 15:17
Total Comments 1105 (Pro)
User ID 55800
User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > etc., etc.
3. Re: etc., etc. Oct 22, 2016, 06:21 yuastnav
That's why Morrowind will always be something special. I highly doubt that we will get another game like this game, let alone a game from the elder scrolls series.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report
News Comments > Medieval Engineers Re-launch
3. Re: Medieval Engineers Re-launch Oct 19, 2016, 03:05 yuastnav
Yeah, this is baffling.

First they did their Miner Wars thing, which never really finished. They also promised a Miner Wars MMO, for the early buyers it will be free. Actually it won't. Oh wait, did we say it won't be free? After the big backlash we can only say that you read it wrong and it will actually be free.

There is no mmo. wtf

After getting bored they started to work on Space Engineers and never finished that. Last time I played it it ran like shit and it's still in early access. Which didn't stop them from making Medieval engineers.
Which is also not finished. Which is also still in early access.

Oh, and does anyone remember their claim that they are going to make a real AI? One that can learn and adapt?

So a studio that failed to finish/complete a single game says they are going to solve a problem that the world's scientists haven't been able to solve for the past decades.

Yeah, everything about this company is a sham.
News Comments > Saturday Patches
4. Re: Saturday Patches Oct 17, 2016, 03:40 yuastnav
Bumpy wrote on Oct 16, 2016, 08:16:
I don't own the game but from what I've read, FH3 is pretty much a modern TDU2. So only semi-sim handling and physics.

I just don't understand why they don't put in the option to have full Forza sim handling and physics.

So it would take a little more time and effort to make but the game would appeal to all camps of racing preference.

Wait, so FH3 physics is not even as good as FM6? That sucks. :/

Yeah, an option would definitely be great. Though I still might get it if it's like TDU2.

News Comments > Saturday Patches
2. Re: Saturday Patches Oct 16, 2016, 06:16 yuastnav
HoSpanky wrote on Oct 16, 2016, 05:37:
The Forza Horizon patch does clean up performance at high framerates quite a bit, although there are still small hitches noticeable when driving at high speeds. Still performs smoothest at around 30 fps.

So how's the game itself?

I'm trying to get into racers at the moment.
Tried out Raceroom because I wanted to play what people call a "real" sim after I played Forza Motorsports 6. Both are fun in their own way, though.
Bought Project Cars on a sale and am going to try that out, after that I'll hope to grab Assetto Corsa and then there is also Automobilista, which RPS' readers voted to be the "most car sim" out there.

What I really want, though, is an open world racer. I liked Test Drive Unlimited 2 although the handling of the cars is rubbish.
Also played The Crew after I grabbed it for free. Again, the open world aspect is kinda cool but the driving is rubbish (although they did the open world better in TDU2 than they did in The Crew).

How is FH3 in these respects? How is the open world and more importantly how is the handling of the cars?
News Comments > No Man's Sky Patch Update
14. Re: No Man's Sky Patch Update Oct 13, 2016, 02:58 yuastnav
Well, I still hope that they are working on X4 and make it more like X3. None of that Rebirth crap. X Rebirth was and still is pretty bad. I've played it a couple of months ago because I heard they patched a lot of things. Did a clean start. There were so many bugs within the first hour of playing that I quit immediately. This is just terrible.

But if they manage to make a X4 that is like the other X games I am willing to look the other way.
News Comments > Shadow Warrior 2 Trailer
11. Re: Shadow Warrior 2 Trailer Oct 13, 2016, 02:53 yuastnav
Haha, it was so cool when this song played in the first game's intro sequence.

Didn't know it's 20% off for people who own Shadow Warrior. Time to grab this game.
News Comments > Out of the Blue
34. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 10, 2016, 03:49 yuastnav
Yay, congratulations!  
News Comments > Wasteland 3 Crowdfunding Begins
9. Re: Wasteland 3 Crowdfunding Begins Oct 6, 2016, 06:40 yuastnav
Done. Looking forward to it.

With the superbacker discount it was only 28$ since I only want the game and nothing else anyway.
News Comments > Evening Mobilization
8. Re: Evening Mobilization Oct 6, 2016, 06:32 yuastnav
Pigeon wrote on Oct 5, 2016, 09:50:
Verno wrote on Oct 5, 2016, 08:59:
They priced it way too high, the thing doesn't even have OIS or really any big feature to differentiate it from any other phone on the market. Super disappointing announcement from Google, give me the Nexus line up back any day.

Actually picked up a 32gb 5x (US) a couple weeks ago ~$280, so far quiet happy with it. Only issue is it has a hard time staying connected to the wifi at work, seems to be an android issue though as it happens to other android user's here I've talked to.

Glad to hear I'm not alone. It always happens to me that WIFI goes down every 5 to 10 minutes or so, which is annoying.

Anyway, maybe gonna pick up a 5X off ebay or something, can get the 32gb version for 280 euros. Or I'll wait until the 6P gets a lot cheaper.
News Comments > Evening Mobilization
2. Re: Evening Mobilization Oct 5, 2016, 02:50 yuastnav
Pfft, 1000 Euros for a phone? Forget it Google.

I really hope they fall flat on their faces with that kind of pricing.
News Comments > Morning Mobilization
3. Re: Morning Mobilization Oct 3, 2016, 13:37 yuastnav
That article is just clickbait. It's not really a decent complain. They are just crying that it's boring because there is nothing new. Alright.  
News Comments > Into the Black
13. Re: Into the Black Oct 2, 2016, 14:05 yuastnav
Ah, Interstate '76. How I miss that game.  
News Comments > Giant Machines 2017 Released
4. Re: Giant Machines 2017 Released Oct 2, 2016, 13:53 yuastnav
Someone linked this in the RPS comments section for this game:  
News Comments > FourChords Guitar Karaoke Released
1. Re: FourChords Guitar Karaoke Released Sep 30, 2016, 09:37 yuastnav
"[...] Forget about learning tab or theory [...]"

Yes, because it takes such a long time to learn how to read NUMBERS.

Seriously, just wtf. How lazy can you get? I understand that learning how to read sheet music let alone sight-reading is difficult. I cannot do the latter because I'm just super slow but there is nothing difficult about reading tabs.

The idea is probably to see just how far you can dumb down playing the guitar. It's like from this Indelicates song "Absolutely anyone can play the fucking guitar".
News Comments > Tribes Ascend Parting Gifts Patch
6. Re: Tribes Ascend Parting Gifts Patch Sep 29, 2016, 15:37 yuastnav
Flatline wrote on Sep 29, 2016, 12:28:
Sad to see the game became abandonware. It was a lot of fun. I played the shit out of it when it launched and eventually dropped about 20 bucks into it because it was fun. The F2P part was not terrible because your basic weapons still were pretty effective and you could grind relatively quickly if you had a direction you wanted to go in. I spent 20 bucks and really was able to unlock all the classes and weapons I wanted to and was pretty satisfied by that.

Yeah, same here. I clocked over 100 hours in that game. Not that much for a competitive multiplayer shooter but I don't have that much time to game nowadays anyway.

The contempt with which this game was treated by Hi-Rez is insulting though. From the shop to the balancing issues made this game frustrating to play.
News Comments > Wasteland 3 Announced
16. Re: Wasteland 3 Announced Sep 28, 2016, 14:42 yuastnav
Backed it and played it when it was released.

Had a ton of fun with it. Though like with most games, that I have played in the last years, I didn't finish it. Still a great game.
News Comments > Beyond Good & Evil 2 Teased?
11. Re: Beyond Good & Evil 2 Teased? Sep 28, 2016, 07:46 yuastnav
Ugh, at this point it's REALLY getting tiresome.

I remember, about ten years ago, I played BG&E and I was really into everything.
Even joined a small community of people who really wanted it to happen and always compiled every little bit of information they could get.
This board has been mostly inactive for many many years. Everyone's tired.

It's basically like South Park's parody of Game of thrones.

Ubi was always like "Oh yeah yeah, BG&E2 is totally coming, here's a teaser." then nothing, for a couple of years
"Oh yeah, it's totally coming, here's a screenshot/interview snippet/teaser"
And then there was also things like "well, Ancel is working on Rayman right now so BG&E2 is on hold but if people buy THAT game we'll reconsider". like wtf Ubi

God, I was really into BG&E but by now I just don't care anymore. Fuck Ubi.
News Comments > etc., etc.
3. Re: etc., etc. Sep 28, 2016, 07:27 yuastnav
Watching the video it doesn't look like the AI is very good at playing Doom. It may be better than the bots it's playing against but I don't think it would stand very long against a player that can play the Doom MP at least kinda decent.
Some of the moves it does are just really weird, like where it couldn't decide whether to shoot an opponent or pick up a gun.

It would be much more interesting to have a deep learning algorithm play something like Quake 3 where there are a lot more advanced moves like rocket jumps, bunny hopping, strafe jumps etc. and where map awareness, player spawns and weapon/armour spawns are much more important. Also movement and aiming in a 3D environment.

Let the AI play on public servers, get better and better and then play against some of the top players like cooller, av3k, cypher, rapha, fox, toxic, etc.
News Comments > More Connect
12. Re: More Connect Sep 27, 2016, 06:18 yuastnav
Sacrifex wrote on Sep 26, 2016, 15:48:
Odd - I own Shadow Warrior (2013), but, it does not come up as an eligible title. It did find a few others, so I'm guessing it's just buggy.

Same issue here. I've contacted GOG and am waiting for their reply.
News Comments > Evening Metaverse
4. Re: Evening Metaverse Sep 27, 2016, 03:14 yuastnav
Selling sex to the sex-starved (*sigh* there is no English equivalent to the word "notgeil").

What else is new. *shrug*
1105 Comments. 56 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

Blue's News logo