Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for MajorDICK

Real Name MajorDICK   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname MajorD
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 20, 2010, 17:07
Total Comments 1948 (Pro)
User ID 55780

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > New CoD Title Revealed?
18. Re: New CoD Title Revealed? Apr 27, 2016, 13:34 MajorD

nin wrote on Apr 27, 2016, 10:35:
..... The "infinity" part is you buying it again!

Nice one nin.....laughed my ass off.

"My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry S. Truman
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
6. Re: Morning Consolidation Apr 21, 2016, 19:07 MajorD

Tachikoma wrote on Apr 21, 2016, 13:37:
PC Nazis at their dumbass best. Is DRS really that different from dynamic LOD or any other common tricks employed in games with complex gfx? Technically, what they do on consoles to maintain some sort of fidelity is actually quite impressive. Unlike some lazy-ass PC devs with their unoptimized CONSOLIZED garbage.

Do you shake your hate stick at Netflix too, when it drops the stream quality? Surely you only watch stuff on UTube when it`s in true HD and all your music is encoded in 24 bit flac, right?

Last but not least, you play all your games on Ultra in >=60fps (though true PCMR should balk at this peasant framerate)with some sort of Free/G/VSync enabled...goes without saying, eh?

Lol. This is not a rant. The stupidity of this whole phenomena is actually quite entertaining.

Fixed that for you Console Boy.

"My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry S. Truman

News Comments > John Romero Teases Announcement & Adrian Carmack Collaboration
26. Re: John Romero Teases Announcement & Adrian Carmack Collaboration Apr 21, 2016, 14:10 MajorD

NetHead wrote on Apr 21, 2016, 11:54:
Wow, so many people going on about "John Carmack" while making it blatantly obvious they don't actually know what it is he does or has done, or incase it's not sinking in, has not done.

Not sure what you mean about "going on about 'John Carmack'", as there is plenty to "go on about John Carmack".

Now, if you mean him leaving id Software and becoming CTO at Oculus VR, Inc. in August of 2013, I think that is pretty much well know by most around here; however, it doesn't mean we can't wishfully joke about the original id Software team reforming to develop another game.

24. Re: John Romero Teases Announcement & Adrian Carmack Collaboration Apr 21, 2016, 10:54 MajorD

nin wrote on Apr 21, 2016, 10:37:
MajorD wrote on Apr 21, 2016, 10:35:
Now.....if they could only get John Carmack back into the mix, we'd have the original team back. It's not gonna happen, but stranger things have happened.

It would be both really cool, and impossible to live up to peoples expectations.

Oh so very true.....

It would still be pretty damn cool though.

21. Re: John Romero Teases Announcement & Adrian Carmack Collaboration Apr 21, 2016, 10:35 MajorD

Now.....if they could only get John Carmack back into the mix, we'd have the original team back. It's not gonna happen, but stranger things have happened.

News Comments > DOOM Open Beta Extended
36. Re: DOOM Open Beta Extended Apr 18, 2016, 12:52 MajorD

NetHead wrote on Apr 18, 2016, 12:18:

It seems more like they're trying to use the Doom name to get some of the CoD pie, nothing more. They're not trying to make good multiplayer, they're not trying to make a Doom multiplayer, they're checking boxes for some of that market which mindlessly purchases that one game repeatedly. So they're not going to get what they want, neither will Doom fans who want multiplayer.

^^^^^This^^^^^^

News Comments > etc.
4. Re: Doom divides gamers in open beta free trial Apr 18, 2016, 12:05 MajorD

I find it curious how the focus of the game has been on the MP. Nothing really has been marketed towards the SP aspect of the game for quite some time, if all that much to begin with. It just makes me wonder if it is another case of pushing an incomplete game out the door to meet the release date.

People that have no interest in the MP of the game (which looks like it will be uninspiring and not a true to the franchise), and are only looking forward to the SP portion of the game, may end up being let down. Just my prediction, but I hope I am wrong.

News Comments > Clinically Dead Announced
3. Re: Clinically Dead Announced Apr 18, 2016, 11:53 MajorD

xXStellarDadXx wrote on Apr 18, 2016, 11:47:
looks like a bad acid trip to me...just saying

Grin......I was thinking the same thing. Maybe the game was inspired by some acid trip the developer had, or a serious creative mind.

News Comments > DOOM Open Beta Opens
30. Re: DOOM Open Beta Opens Apr 15, 2016, 21:37 MajorD

CJ_Parker wrote on Apr 15, 2016, 17:56:
Slick wrote on Apr 15, 2016, 15:06:
How has no one mentioned this yet? Call yourselves #MasterRace?

The game is CAPPED AT 60 FPS. On an engine level. No way to disable it.

I played one round, went 21-3, then immediately uninstalled.

Fucking console GARBAGE. it's 2016. anyone who buys this game for PC needs to be publicly humiliated.

^ this

... and add to this the fucking retarded UNSKIPPABLE intro logos and screens, of which there aren't just the usual two or three but more like a dozen or so (technical disclaimer, id logo, Bethesda logo, nVidia logo, legal disclaimer, beta disclaimer, epilepsy warning) and you have a technically inept console garbage clusterfuck of the most epic proportions on yer hands. Fuck this game. Toilet. Flush. Buh-bye.

Well, it sounds like we finally reached this point in time with DOOM: If Quake was made today...

And some of you thought it was a joke.

News Comments > New John Romero PC Shooter Teased
8. Re: New John Romero PC Shooter Teased Apr 15, 2016, 21:29 MajorD

Well, he has the talent and background to kick out a better game than the current ones the sellout blowhards at id Software are these days.

I'm ready for him to make us his BITCH! <<<<Sorry, I had to do it, you knew it was coming anyway.

News Comments > DOOM Open Beta Opens
6. Re: DOOM Open Beta Opens Apr 15, 2016, 12:02 MajorD

Sleeping

News Comments > DOOM Trailer
3. Re: DOOM Trailer Apr 14, 2016, 19:55 MajorD

Sleeping

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
7. Re: Evening Tech Bits Apr 14, 2016, 12:58 MajorD

3D Monitors: A gimmick that quickly faded away.

Curved Monitors: Another gimmick that is slowly fading away.

VR Headsets for gaming and watching TV/movies: Jury is still out until I have the opportunity to test one. But, I don't think they will gain as much traction as everyone initially anticipated, and may just end up being an acquired taste.

Now, applied to educational and various types of therapies could prove to be huge.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
4. Re: Morning Consolidation Apr 8, 2016, 15:38 MajorD

Verno wrote on Apr 8, 2016, 11:46:
I don't know, with 7 Days I feel like they take two steps forward and one step back. To me they've made a lot of advances in some things (particularly UI) but cater too much to the diehard crowd who wants everything in the game to be a massive grind. I revisited it again recently and couldn't get into it anymore, everything just takes way too long. We tried messing around with the settings to find a sweet spot but it just felt too grindy in a way that similar games I've played didn't.

This game struck a chord with me and I have enjoyed putting numerous hours (918hrs) into since Alpha 5. Along the way they have taken some steps backwards while testing the waters, but ended up removing/changing some of the things back for the better. Alpha 13 was no doubt an F'ing grind, where they tested the waters again, but have been improved with the release of A14.X. I’m curious if it was A13 that you felt it became a grind……

Eventually they ported the game to Unity 5.X, updated character models (textures and mocap), numerous other textures throughout, and refined the crafting menu nicely. Along the way though, they had to scale back on the crafting menu icon textures for crafting items due to memory headspace, but now I understand why.....for the console port. So another PC game had to be limited again due to consoles. Sigh…..

I like this developer and they are ‘very’ involved with the community, and still have a lot of faith in them. There are still a lot of cool features on the roadmap to beta and gold (power/lines, water lines, NPCs, quests, etc.). I would say they should have released along time ago if I hadn’t seen a lot of additions/improvements/implementations along the way, but the game continuously makes positive strides by a passionate developer.

If you check out some YouTube videos of early alpha releases (~1 – 9) and compare to videos of the current game, you can clearly see how nicely the game has matured along the way.

This comment was edited on Apr 8, 2016, 15:43.

News Comments > DOOM Open Beta Next Week; DLC/Season Pass Plans
26. Re: DOOM Open Beta Next Week; DLC/Season Pass Plans Apr 7, 2016, 10:40 MajorD

Wow, this pretty much put the nail in the coffin for this DOOMed release! Could they be more ignorant of how bad this whole Season Pass/DLC is for the franchise, which is already on troubled waters?

But, I'm sure plenty of people will lap it up, and only encourage more marketing of this nature.

I may pick it up for single play (only) when it is in the bargain bin for $5.00, but then maybe I'll have forgotten about it by that time.

News Comments > Oculus Rift Privacy Concerns
47. Re: Oculus Rift Privacy Concerns Apr 4, 2016, 15:39 MajorD

Hmmmmm wonder if all the foil hat wearers that complain about and refuse to use Windows 10/Edge, will still purchase/use the Oculus Rift. Thinking2

News Comments > Out of the Blue
19. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 1, 2016, 14:38 MajorD

rudra wrote on Apr 1, 2016, 14:07:
there have been many more accounts than that

...who goes there? Thinking2

10. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 1, 2016, 11:27 MajorD

nin wrote on Apr 1, 2016, 10:43:
Quboid wrote on Apr 1, 2016, 10:39:
If it wasn't for Cutter and harlock, I'd have stopped visiting years ago - and one of them's been banned because you kept losing arguments with him.

Na, he just created another account. Meet rudra. Or was that /s as well?

Wasn't harlock Space Captain before getting banned? Not sure if he had another account name before Space Captain, but I'm sure he is tactfully lurking around here still. I think he may have hacked Cutter's account and is using that now.

News Comments > Quoteworthy - MS on Halo 5 Skipping PCs
8. Re: Quoteworthy - MS on Halo 5 Skipping PCs Mar 31, 2016, 10:43 MajorD

nin wrote on Mar 31, 2016, 09:48:
Committed to pc gaming!

My very first thought too. This company as a whole is so F'ing disjointed, it is sad.

41. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 29, 2016, 15:09 MajorD

This comment was edited on Mar 29, 2016, 15:20.

1948 Comments. 98 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo