Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL, USA, IL 01/27
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for MajorDICK

Real Name MajorDICK   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname MajorD
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 20, 2010, 17:07
Total Comments 2235 (Senior)
User ID 55780

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Op Ed
13. Re: Op Ed Sep 29, 2017, 15:05 MajorD

jdreyer wrote on Sep 29, 2017, 12:26:
HoSpanky wrote on Sep 29, 2017, 11:45:
Creston wrote on Sep 29, 2017, 11:36:
Everyone who keeps buying loot boxes is contributing to this BS. And there's a ton of these mouthbreathers, so it's not going to go away.

Do adults actually buy this crap, or is it kids who are far more concerned by what a non-gameplay-affecting avatar looks like?

Kids buy this crap by begging their disconnected parents for $$$.

Edit: Ninja'd by MajorD
That being said, I am sure there are some adults, especially those with more money and less time that do buy these.

Sorry jdreyer.

Still counting...
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Op Ed
7. Re: Op Ed Sep 29, 2017, 11:59 MajorD

HoSpanky wrote on Sep 29, 2017, 11:45:
Creston wrote on Sep 29, 2017, 11:36:
Everyone who keeps buying loot boxes is contributing to this BS. And there's a ton of these mouthbreathers, so it's not going to go away.

Do adults actually buy this crap, or is it kids who are far more concerned by what a non-gameplay-affecting avatar looks like?

I would 'hope' it is kids buying them via mommy's and daddy's wallet.

Still counting...

News Comments > Out of the Blue
3. Re: Hugh Hefner, Playboy founder, dead at 91, magazine confirms. Sep 28, 2017, 11:51 MajorD

Hugh.....RIP, I'm sure you died with a smile on your face.

Still counting...

News Comments > Fallout 4: Game of the Year Edition
4. Re: Fallout 4: Game of the Year Edition Sep 27, 2017, 17:43 MajorD

They did a lot of things right with FO4, but keeping it true as a "Fallout" game they did not.

It is interesting seeing a lot of the popular mods from FO3 carried over/implemented into FO4 vanilla game, so at least we know Bethesda was paying attention.

FO4 heavily modded is a fantastic game. I'm on my second play through, this time with the Horizon mod and Sim Settlements, among numerous others. I'll probably play it through another two more times so I can experience all the different endings.

Still counting...

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
1. Re: Take a look at the Xbox watch that never happened. Sep 27, 2017, 10:37 MajorD

That's okay, they would have abandoned that after not too long as well.

Still counting...

News Comments > Saturday Mobilization
6. Re: Saturday Mobilization Sep 23, 2017, 17:51 MajorD

jdreyer wrote on Sep 23, 2017, 12:36:
I kind of deplore our throwaway society. Nothing is built to be fixed easily. Things are intentionally designed to be hard as to encourage you to buy a new one. And due to said design fixing becomes more expensive, often approaching or even exceeding the cost of getting a new one. Sad and wasteful.

X2^^^^^ This has always bothered me about our society. Sad....

Still counting...

News Comments > Outlast Deluxe Edition for Free
1. Re: Outlast Deluxe Edition for Free Sep 21, 2017, 21:06 MajorD

Thanks for the heads up Blue. I went and picked up the Whistle Blower DLC. Cheers!

Still counting...

News Comments > Fallout 4 Review Fallout
2. Re: Fallout 4 Review Fallout Sep 20, 2017, 10:41 MajorD

Pete Hines continuously looks like an ass trying to spin the whole Creation Club as 'not' being paid mods. I don't know if he is trying to convince himself, or everyone else; however, there are a lot of people out there that will lap up anything.

Bottom line, it is greedy move to make more money, and they look like complete DICKS in the process.

Still counting...

42. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 19, 2017, 11:53 MajorD

Mordecai Walfish wrote on Sep 18, 2017, 21:33:
Cutter wrote on Sep 18, 2017, 16:27:
Anyone else watching The Deuce? So good!

*looks down into toilet*

Yep, looking pretty good!

FUCKING CLASSIC quote/response of the year! Clap

Still counting...

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
1. Re: Morning Tech Bits Sep 19, 2017, 11:34 MajorD

Wow, it's mind boggling Intel has achieved 10nm processing, with that level of transistor density. Wow, just wow!

Still counting...

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
1. Re: Apple iPhone X eliminates reachability feature, even though 55% of people use it. Sep 19, 2017, 11:29 MajorD

They're eliminating the physical 'Home' button, because, "It takes courage."

$1K for an F'ing phone. Rolleyes

And just think of all the sheeple clowns lining up outside the Apple stores days before release. Rolleyes

Still counting...

News Comments > Left Alive Announced
2. Re: Left Alive Announced Sep 19, 2017, 11:22 MajorD

El Pit wrote on Sep 19, 2017, 10:46:
The people were left 4 dead, they were left alive, but left behind.

I need more coffee!!!!

LOL!

Not much to go by here.

Yup, time for more coffee.....

Still counting...

News Comments > Sunday Legal Briefs
23. Re: etc. Sep 18, 2017, 17:48 MajorD

jdreyer wrote on Sep 18, 2017, 05:00:
deqer wrote on Sep 17, 2017, 16:09:
"Facebook hands Russia-backed ads to election investigators."

Really? ... Are we really pursuing this? My god, Hillary... just drop it. You lost; fair and square.

1. Our election may have been tilted toward one candidate by our arch enemy, and we should just drop it? Normally, this is where I ask my famous question "Are you a commie?" but I don't have to: You're obviously a fucking commie pinko. I can see the picture of Lenin on your wall from here.

2. Why do you love Putin? Have you sworn an oath to him? Is your actual name deqerski? Do you like it when he rides around on horses shirtless?

3. It's illegal for any foreign government to take out campaign ads in favor of any candidate.

I'm surprised you didn't conveniently throw out a Hitler slam too while you were at it. Rolleyes

Still counting...

News Comments > Sunday Legal Briefs
22. Re: etc. Sep 18, 2017, 17:46 MajorD

Creston wrote on Sep 18, 2017, 09:21:
jdreyer wrote on Sep 18, 2017, 05:00:
1. Our election may have been tilted toward one candidate by our arch enemy, and we should just drop it?

(Of course, the result was terrible, but eh, do onto others etc.)

I know our choices weren't much to pick from, but do you really think Hilary Rotten-Liar Clinton would have been any better?

Still counting...

1. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 15, 2017, 10:45 MajorD

So, the HOT coffee woke you up, and then eventually the caffeine. Wink

Still counting...

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront Season Pass for Free
7. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Season Pass for Free Sep 13, 2017, 12:47 MajorD

aka_STEVE wrote on Sep 13, 2017, 10:50:
so much fail to this one..... tried so hard to like & play it.
just to basic / plain / boring/ uninspired

Yeah, I've noticed a lot of other people verbalizing the same thing, which caused the game's buzz and sales to faded away, and brings us to why they're loudly advertising "FREE SEASON PASS". \o/ over here \o/ over here!!

Still counting...

News Comments > On Windows 10 Game Stuttering
7. Re: On Windows 10 Game Stuttering Sep 11, 2017, 12:53 MajorD

ALLLLLL ABOARD, the trendy MS Bash Wagon is ready to depart!

I've used Windows 10 game recorder for various LPs, and it works very well, and I can't even notice it running in the background. Works way better than other recording software I've used.

Still counting...

News Comments > Star Citizen 3.0 "Akin to Early Access"
10. Re: Star Citizen 3.0 Sep 11, 2017, 12:41 MajorD

Unfortunately, the game will be hard pressed to live up to the hype after the long development cycle and all that has gone along with it; good or not, it's just not going to happen.......

Still counting...

9. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 31, 2017, 19:13 MajorD

Jivaro wrote on Aug 31, 2017, 15:30:
MajorD wrote on Aug 31, 2017, 15:00:
Deus Ex: Mankind Divided is on a Steam sale again for $15.00USD.

I loved HR, but I haven't pulled the trigger on MD yet. Is it worth $15.00?

Yeah, I think so. I paid full price for it and don't feel cheated at all. I wouldn't rank it as high as HR but it was a solid entry in the series.

It's only an opinion of course but I would say that for most people that aren't hardcore fans of the series that if you can get it for $20 or less you can't really go wrong.

Cool, thanks much for the feedback.

Still counting...

News Comments > QUAKE Development History Dispute
18. Re: QUAKE Development History Dispute Aug 31, 2017, 16:57 MajorD

Suppa7 wrote on Aug 31, 2017, 16:21:
Flatline wrote on Aug 31, 2017, 15:48:
This post makes me wonder if you were gaming in the 90's. Doom and Quake's graphics were leaps forward.

They were but art direction mattered, doom's single player is still better than quakes. This is why doom has a bigger modding community, it's overall the better single player game. Quake's multiplayer is really only remembered because it was largely the only game in town that could to IP networking and was many gamers first multiplayer internet game.

Quake 1 + 2 had shitty SP campaigns, they were never good. Doom was overall the better single player experience, everyone knew quake 4 single player was a fucking disaster.

iD software always sucked at doing SP campaigns largely, they were hit and miss, guys like romero really saved doom 2, without the original team single player suffered in quake 1 and 2. Doom was the more fun game which is why it has such a huge modding community.

Quake 3 and unreal were mostly arbitarily different, and Quake 3 was finally surpassed in terms of fun by UT2004.

So UT2004 remains the high watermark of 90's fps design.

Single player first person shooter campaign design was finding its legs with FEAR and other games until the guys at infinity nailed it with Call of duty 4 and the set piece cinematic game formula was nailed down.

....and it was Half-Life that set the bar high in terms of a story driven SP campaign.

Still counting...

2235 Comments. 112 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo