Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for MajorDICK

Real Name MajorDICK   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname MajorD
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 20, 2010, 17:07
Total Comments 2030 (Senior)
User ID 55780

User comment history
< Newer [ 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ] Older >

News Comments > PAYDAY 2 Microtransactions
19. Re: PAYDAY 2 Microtransactions Oct 16, 2015, 16:36 MajorD

Cutter wrote on Oct 16, 2015, 10:44:
Remember when they used to release editors for games and people would build and share this stuff for the love of it?

And then the capitalistic-corporate-greed-machine figured out they could make millions on paid DLC by cock-blocking the creative nature of the mod community by making it themselves. PRICKS!

"My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry S. Truman
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Fallout 4 Live-Action Trailer
5. Re: Fallout 4 Live-Action Trailer Oct 15, 2015, 20:05 MajorD

WOW! Those graphics are amazing....This must be the PC version.

"My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry S. Truman

News Comments > Out of the Blue
8. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 14, 2015, 11:16 MajorD

Good luck Blue, we're all counting on you.

As a side note, my Doctor was telling me that they've almost approved a blood testing procedure as an alternative to a colonoscopy; however, if they find something suspicious in the blood testing, then they'll have to conduct the colonoscopy.

He said it should be approved by the time I am due for one, so I'm keeping my fingers, and legs, crossed.

News Comments > etc.
13. Re: etc. Oct 13, 2015, 19:13 MajorD

jdreyer wrote on Oct 13, 2015, 18:40:
That's Valve's plan: destroy the productivity of civilization with cheap games so when the Combine arrives it will be that much easier to take over the planet. Alien

Nice one, I got a good laugh!

"Welcome, welcome to City 17!"

News Comments > etc.
10. Re: etc. Oct 13, 2015, 18:04 MajorD

NKD wrote on Oct 13, 2015, 13:51:
Game is super dark with Revision. Be sure to tweak your brightness or you'll spend the whole game with your flashlight eyeballs turned on.

Also if you have a problem with dialogue audio not playing, launch DX GOTY at least once after installing it, then go back to Revision.

Yeah, it seemed pretty dark to me too. I'll have to do some tweaking.

Thanks for the tip on launching the vanilla version first.

News Comments > etc.
9. Re: etc. Oct 13, 2015, 18:02 MajorD

jdreyer wrote on Oct 13, 2015, 13:36:
Man, I've been checking the Revision site almost daily for months and the one day I don't check it...

LOL! I found myself doing the same exact thing....glad I am not the only OCD maniac here.

I have a retail copy of the original Dues Ex, but for the sake of simplicity, I picked up Deus Ex: GOTY edition off of Steam not too long ago for under $2.00, which was a no brainer. So, when I installed it today, following the Revision announcement/release, I noticed Steam had it on sale again for $1.39 in celebration of the Revision mod finally being release. It's pretty nice, as you can DL the revision mod right from Steam for free when it detects you have Deus Ex: GOTY edition Steam copy loaded. NICE!

Sigh, yet another game I have to dive into. Too many in the backlog right now.

News Comments > Star Citizen Star Cast Revealed
46. Re: Star Citizen Star Cast Revealed Oct 11, 2015, 19:33 MajorD

And Chris Roberts says...

News Comments > Star Citizen Ship Explosion Trailer
27. Re: Star Citizen Ship Explosion Trailer Oct 9, 2015, 11:42 MajorD

Kxmode wrote on Oct 9, 2015, 10:28:
I just realized how hilarious this is. CIG is LITERALLY distracting people with explosions. "Hey, pay no attention to the growing controversy. Check out these awesome explosions!"

Grin....I thought the same thing, but they forgot the mirrors.

Are those explosions paid content?

News Comments > ARK: Survival Evolved Sells 2M
11. Re: ARK: Survival Evolved Sells 2M Oct 9, 2015, 11:35 MajorD

Dagnamit wrote on Oct 9, 2015, 11:26:

DayZ, to me, is just confusing. I'm just not sure how they can't have a more complete, better performing game. I hate to say incompetence, but that's what it looks like to me. And I really love the gameplay, but the bugs and server drops and the performance of that GD engine. ugh....

Yeah really, they've had plenty of time and money from early access sales to get most of that ironed out by now, but they seem to add more content (items, animations, etc.), which ends up causing more bugs. I would take an educated guess it is due to how archaic the core of that freaken' engine is coded. /shrug

12. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 9, 2015, 11:28 MajorD

Happy Birthday Blue's News!

Thanks for an awesome and informative site I look forward to visiting each and every morning.

News Comments > ARK: Survival Evolved Sells 2M
8. Re: ARK: Survival Evolved Sells 2M Oct 9, 2015, 11:21 MajorD

RedEye9 wrote on Oct 9, 2015, 10:39:
Another Steam Early Access game that's coming along nicely is Black Mesa. Don't let a few bad apples in EA ruin your day.
Besides, you know what you are getting into when you buy an EA game.

Agreed.

I'm selective in my early access games and have been very happy and impressed with 7 Days to Die, The Forest, Space Engineers, and Empyrion: Galactic Survival, which all get constant updates (new content, bug fixes, etc.). The only early access I regret purchasing so far is DayZ, as the mod was better in a lot of ways IMHO; however, I can't gripe, as it was 'EARLY ACCESS' and I knew what I was signing up for.

News Comments > The Park Trailer
2. Re: The Park Trailer Oct 9, 2015, 11:12 MajorD

Looks like some inspiration came from L4D2 'Dark Carnival' campaign....I kept waiting for a horde of zombies to come rushing out from somewhere.

News Comments > Fallout 4 Specs
4. Re: Fallout 4 Specs Oct 8, 2015, 19:38 MajorD

For some reason my excitement for this has slowly diminished over the months. Maybe because I've been enjoying Space Engineers and Empyrion: Galactic Survival so much.

However, I'll most likely get excited again if/when positive reviews start surfacing from the vault. /shrug

17. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 8, 2015, 13:06 MajorD

Interesting article on Murphy's Law (AKA: Bill 2646). Another example of how broken part of our government is.

News Comments > Bethesda's BattleCry "Concerns"
8. Re: Bethesda's BattleCry Oct 8, 2015, 11:19 MajorD

What he really mean to say was, "The game is really bad, not enough people will end up playing it, therefore our ROI will be unattainable, so we're going to just stop the bleeding now."

11. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 7, 2015, 15:29 MajorD

nin wrote on Oct 7, 2015, 09:23:
Kumbali and Kago ... BFFs.

Just saw this, sooooooooooo adorable.

Yeah, that is F'ing awesome!!!

News Comments > Deus Ex TV Today
4. Re: Deus Ex TV Today Oct 6, 2015, 15:29 MajorD

I wonder if it will be a tiered announcement; the more people that log into Twitch, the more content they'll present.

News Comments > Steam in Stores
5. Re: Steam in Stores Oct 5, 2015, 15:10 MajorD

Great move Valve, you've partnered with everyone's favorite video game retailer. Bravo! Amazed Clap

News Comments > CIG Demands Escapist Retraction; Threatens Lawsuit
77. Re: CIG Demands Escapist Retraction; Threatens Lawsuit Oct 5, 2015, 13:46 MajorD

This whole things is laughable!

2. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 1, 2015, 11:09 MajorD

Yeah, it is finally starting to 'slightly' cool down here in SoCal, as we're finally in the low 80s. We had a late summer, so it is pushing into our autumn. I'm hoping we'll escape the Santa Ana winds and just move right into the wet winter everyone seems to be predicting for the southwest, as we certainly need the rain here.

The man stove is still open 365 here though.

2030 Comments. 102 pages. Viewing page 15.
< Newer [ 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo