Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for MajorDICK

Real Name MajorDICK   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname MajorD
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 20, 2010, 17:07
Total Comments 2030 (Senior)
User ID 55780

User comment history
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

News Comments > Christmas Eve Safety Dance
1. Re: Christmas Eve Safety Dance Dec 24, 2015, 12:52 MajorD

"Is it too much to ask tech reporters to gather some facts before hurling accusations?"

Of course not, because most are too eager to jump onto the Microsoft-bashing-bandwagon!

MS does have it's issues, and no doubt has had its share of bonehead moves, but so does, Google, Apple, etc.; however, everyone is always so quick to bash MS at every turn, even if they do something truly awesome, someone will dissect it to find any irrelevant negative critique they can just because it is MS.

"My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry S. Truman
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
3. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 24, 2015, 12:43 MajorD

Merry Christmas and Happy New year all! Enjoy the food & drinks with your family and friends for all it is worth!

Sincerely,
MajorD

"My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry S. Truman

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
3. Re: Morning Mobilization Dec 22, 2015, 12:10 MajorD

LOL Creston, good one!

I've been using the Insider Preview of Windows 10 Mobile and it has been maturing well and has become a sweet mobile OS that is tying in nicely with their whole ecosystem.

I can't speak for Android, but when I use my wife's iPhone it convinces me I'd never use one of those again. Although iPhones are very elegant and solid piece of hardware, using it would just frustrate me.

People that I know that have either been using a Windows phone and/or have switched over to it, say they love it and prefer it over iPhone and Android phones.

We'll see how it does after the official launch of Windows 10 Mobile and more flagship phones are released.

News Comments > The Climb Announced
8. Re: The Climb Announced Dec 15, 2015, 11:38 MajorD

ViRGE wrote on Dec 15, 2015, 09:38:
Climbing up a rock face in VR is going to look absolutely breathtaking the first time you do it. But after the novelty wears off it doesn't seem like there's going to be any reason to play it again.

I totally agree with this. Unless you and some friends make a drinking game out of it, then that would be entertaining for a while.

News Comments > Delete Steam Games
20. Re: Delete Steam Games Dec 5, 2015, 01:15 MajorD

fujiJuice wrote on Dec 5, 2015, 00:52:
I just don't get it. It takes up no space, except for some text in a list, and even then you can hide it or move somewhere else. I have plenty of games I don't like, in my library, but I can't ever see myself deleting them from my account. I just see no benefit to that whatsoever, especially as a collector.

I know, I was just 'trying' to be funny. I have Steam setup so it just displays my 'Installed' games, but once in a while I have it show all games to see if there is one I forgot about that I may be interested in playing again.

19. Re: Delete Steam Games Dec 5, 2015, 01:11 MajorD

Dacron wrote on Dec 5, 2015, 00:54:
MajorD wrote on Dec 5, 2015, 00:25:
HHHHmmmmm.....RAGE, BRINK, and Dead Island come to mind, to name a few...

I reinstalled Dead Island 2 the other week, thinking I didn't give it a fair shake and I should give it another go after Dying Light was so good.

Looked at the icon for a week laughed and deleted it when I remembered what garbage it was.

Still not deleting it.

Yeah, I did the same thing by giving Dead Island a few tries, but it just fell flat for me.

I've been interested in Dying Light, as it does look better much than Dead Island. I'll eventually pull the trigger when it is on sale again.

16. Re: Delete Steam Games Dec 5, 2015, 00:25 MajorD

HHHHmmmmm.....RAGE, BRINK, and Dead Island come to mind, to name a few...

News Comments > Star Citizen Trailer; Arena Commander Free Demo
37. Re: Star Citizen Trailer; Arena Commander Free Demo Dec 4, 2015, 18:02 MajorD

jdreyer wrote on Dec 4, 2015, 12:50:
Creston wrote on Dec 4, 2015, 09:49:

Also, dear God, what kind of computer will you need to run this decently?

By the time it comes out, your average laptop should be able to run it just fine.

Or cell phone for that matter.

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront 40-Player Battle Shown
5. Re: Star Wars Battlefront 40 Player Battle Shown Nov 30, 2015, 20:45 MajorD

DangerDog wrote on Nov 30, 2015, 20:19:
This game is dying a quick death, once you take in the "Star Wars" atmosphere it's pretty much over.

They really fucked up by not making this a Battlefield game with a Star Wars theme, but even that would have failed if they didn't bring some symmetry to the battles by designing Star Wars vehicles with some basic similarity for both sides. They pushed it too hard in the recreation of cinematic scenes, that would be fine for a one off on recreating Hoth but to copy and paste "Walker Assault" into different maps doesn't keep you going back for more.

The Star Wars hype will only carry them so far, after that people will be reluctant to take the plunge even at a discount since the player base will have dried up.

But, but, it's Star Wars.....look, it's Star Wars.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
1. Re: Evening Consolidation Nov 30, 2015, 20:43 MajorD

Needs more like an overhaul!

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
2. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Nov 29, 2015, 20:29 MajorD

Cutter wrote on Nov 29, 2015, 14:15:
How about committing billions to getting the rich/big biz to pay their fucking share of taxes? Then we won't need charity.

Riiiiiiigt, because those tax dollars would certainly make it to the charities, and NOT the politicians' special interests and/or exorbitant pensions.

News Comments > Pre-Steam Sale Prices Raised?
4. Re: Pre-Steam Sale Prices Raised? Nov 27, 2015, 15:22 MajorD

RedEye9 wrote on Nov 27, 2015, 15:07:
first world problems

Grin....

News Comments > PAYDAY 2 Apology
7. Re: PAYDAY 2 Apology Nov 23, 2015, 11:11 MajorD

Lies after lies, after lies……

Basically they were testing the waters to see how many customers would continue to be suckered, but once the backlash spun out of control, it was only then they decided to come out with an empty apology.

Talk is cheap assholes, so until you patch the micro transactions out of the game, GO F*&K YOURSELVES GREEDY PRICKS!!!

They got a BIG black eye from this that probably won’t go away for a long time.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
5. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 21, 2015, 13:19 MajorD

Happy Birthday Blue!

Enjoy your day.

News Comments > PAYDAY 2 Moderators Revolt
11. Re: PAYDAY 2 Moderators Revolt Nov 13, 2015, 16:09 MajorD

Julio wrote on Nov 13, 2015, 15:58:
Maybe Overkill is too busy counting their stacks of DLC cash to have time to deal with this. Let them eat cake!

The Cake Is a Lie!

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
1. Re: Morning Mobilization Nov 9, 2015, 11:11 MajorD

Hmmmmm....I ordered mine about two weeks before release date (October 30th) and it delivered on release day.

It's a nice device and I don't have to wear my Garmin Forerunner 410 or heart rate monitor when I run or cycle (Edge 305) now, as all I have to do is just wear this one device now. However, I do still use the Edge 305 as a HUD when cycling.

News Comments > Overwatch Origins Edition Details
9. Re: Overwatch Origins Edition Details Nov 6, 2015, 17:24 MajorD

InBlack wrote on Nov 6, 2015, 16:08:
MajorD wrote on Nov 6, 2015, 12:56:
I'll be surprised if this game does all that well overall.

Why exactly? Does Blizzard's past record have anything to do with it?

No, Blizzard is no doubt a good studio with very successful franchises, but I don't see this game doing as well. It's just an observation; I just don't see it appealing to as wide of an audience.

News Comments > Overwatch Origins Edition Details
1. Re: Overwatch Origins Edition Details Nov 6, 2015, 12:56 MajorD

I'll be surprised if this game does all that well overall.

News Comments > Fallout 4 Launch Trailer
12. Re: Fallout 4 Launch Trailer Nov 5, 2015, 12:41 MajorD

The Half Elf wrote on Nov 5, 2015, 12:36:
Wow did everyone take their 'AHM ANGRY!' pills this morning?

Grin....caffeine hadn't quite kicked in for me yet.

News Comments > Steam Item Stores
17. Re: Steam Item Stores Nov 5, 2015, 11:43 MajorD

Hmmmm, I wonder what % Facepunch takes.

This comment was edited on Nov 5, 2015, 17:16.

2030 Comments. 102 pages. Viewing page 13.
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo