Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for MajorDICK

Real Name MajorDICK   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname MajorD
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 20, 2010, 17:07
Total Comments 1991 (Pro)
User ID 55780

User comment history
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

News Comments > Steam Item Stores
17. Re: Steam Item Stores Nov 5, 2015, 11:43 MajorD

Hmmmm, I wonder what % Facepunch takes.

This comment was edited on Nov 5, 2015, 17:16.

"My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry S. Truman
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Fallout 4 Launch Trailer
2. Re: Fallout 4 Launch Trailer Nov 5, 2015, 11:30 MajorD

Clowns keep showing console footage, so I can't help to wonder how much of a graphics boost and settings\options there will be on the PC version. I don't recall them talking about the PC version.

I'm really in no hurry to get this, so it will be something I can add to my Christmas list this year.....

"My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry S. Truman

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
4. Re: Morning Mobilization Oct 30, 2015, 15:30 MajorD

jdreyer wrote on Oct 30, 2015, 13:34:
eRe4s3r wrote on Oct 30, 2015, 11:24:
The real news of that study is "Humans are good at hitting other cars in traffic"

Now please remove the human factor from the road and never look back

This. Times 1000.

Computers are already superior to people in many aspects of driving. They'll only get better. Yes, driving is fun, and we like being in control, but we don't wash clothes by hand, nor do we cut down trees by hand either. Machines do those tasks and many others. Soon driving will just be another task that machines handle.

Nicely stated.....it sure is interesting to ponder.

Will we have to deal with or look at this guy?

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
8. Re: Time Warner Cable Lost Just 7,000 TV Customers Last Quarter Oct 30, 2015, 12:13 MajorD

This trend will only continue as more and more people opt for a la carte so they don't pay for crap they don't want and/or even watch!

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
2. Re: Siri refuses to answer question from people not subscribed to Apple Music Oct 30, 2015, 12:09 MajorD

Another cock-block by Apple!

News Comments > Steam Security Tips
1. Re: Steam Security Tips Oct 30, 2015, 12:07 MajorD

Yeah, about every other time I log into Steam I prompted to provide my cell phone number, but I can't help thinking that is just a ploy to get a hold of my cell phone for other purposes. So, I decline every time. Call me skeptical, call me paranoid, or call me late for dinner, but you can't be too careful these days.

News Comments > Starsiege and TRIBES Free Games
7. Re: All Starsiege and TRIBES Games Free Oct 30, 2015, 11:59 MajorD

InBlack wrote on Oct 30, 2015, 09:58:
These games were awesome for their time, but I'm almost an old man now and these games have aged even more than I have

Yeah, I saw 1994 and realized that was over 21 year ago, and thought the same thing you did, "I'm getting old older ".

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto Online Halloween Event
2. Re: Grand Theft Auto Online Halloween Event Oct 29, 2015, 16:17 MajorD

Krovven wrote on Oct 29, 2015, 15:33:
More vehicles I don't care about.

You're not interested in doing this Just think how cool you'd look.....

News Comments > Space Engineers Sales Soar
9. Re: Space Engineers Sales Soar Oct 29, 2015, 14:34 MajorD

Wallshadows wrote on Oct 29, 2015, 14:29:
MajorD wrote on Oct 29, 2015, 13:11:
Yeah, it can be a challenge at times, as near by enemy ships will send out drones to attack you and your base, so if you don't get established and/or have turrets up soon enough, it can really set you back. Turrets are also good for the occasional meteor storm.

Either that or they'll hard camp the fuck out of you. I usually find myself cut off from my base when I go out mining because they conveniently park themselves right in between which causes me to either YOLO rush or run out of oxygen.

BASTARDS! I haven't run into that situation yet, but sounds aggravating. Now that I said I haven't run into that.....I'm bound to now.

7. Re: Space Engineers Sales Soar Oct 29, 2015, 13:11 MajorD

harlock wrote on Oct 29, 2015, 12:50:
didnt know they finally made NPC enemies... might have to check out now

Yeah, it can be a challenge at times, as near by enemy ships will send out drones to attack you and your base, so if you don't get established and/or have turrets up soon enough, it can really set you back. Turrets are also good for the occasional meteor storm.

4. Re: Space Engineers Sales Soar Oct 29, 2015, 12:05 MajorD

Fun game with a lot of potential still.....connecting and controlling various connectors, conveyors, etc. is pretty damn cool and can get complex at times.

When they introduce planets, that will be a nice addition.

Another game that is similar, that already has seamless interplanetary travel is Empyrion: Galactic Survival. It is still in pre-alpha, but it already has a significant amount of content; however, it is lacking dedicated servers at this time, which the next major patch they are working on.

Both games have weekly/biweekly updates too.

This comment was edited on Oct 29, 2015, 12:15.

News Comments > Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Trailer
5. Re: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Trailer Oct 23, 2015, 10:57 MajorD

nin wrote on Oct 23, 2015, 10:54:
MajorD wrote on Oct 23, 2015, 10:50:
Yeah, I can understand trying to keep it fresh, but I'm just worried the added weapon augmentations will make it way too easy, and the fact that there seems to be too much flashy BS and not enough substance.

Hopefully they're optional, like some of the augs on the previous game. That way, if people want to use them they can, and if people want a challenge, they can choose not to use them and have a challenge.

Good point. Keeping fingers crossed.

News Comments > Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Trailer
3. Re: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Trailer Oct 23, 2015, 10:50 MajorD

Yeah, I can understand trying to keep it fresh, but I'm just worried the added weapon augmentations will make it way too easy, and the fact that there seems to be too much flashy BS and not enough substance.

News Comments > Call of Duty: Black Ops III Trailer
6. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops III Trailer Oct 23, 2015, 00:11 MajorD

...yawn Sleeping

News Comments > DOOM Alpha Video
10. Re: DOOM Alpha Video Oct 23, 2015, 00:08 MajorD

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Oct 22, 2015, 22:14:
It looks ok, it's still alpha so who knows. I'm more interested in the single player to be honest. Multiplayer FPS, I'm still doing BF4 if I do any at all, no real desire to go back to 1996 style DM games.

Agreed. If anything, I'll play the SP campaign, but the 1996 style DM games (as you stated it)......that shipped has slowly sailed away for me.

News Comments > etc.
16. Re: etc. Oct 22, 2015, 12:55 MajorD

nin wrote on Oct 22, 2015, 09:31:
George Lucas: "Video games can't have plots"…

I'm so glad his grubby little paws are divorced from the star wars universe.

Yeah, okay George.........go back to sleep.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
6. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 22, 2015, 11:05 MajorD

HorrorScope wrote on Oct 22, 2015, 10:52:
"PewDiePie’s production company made over $7.45 in 2014"... You wouldn't say.

A local news station did a report on the top YouTuber millionaires the other day and PewDiePie was on target of for $12 million this year.

I don't see the attraction to his videos, as they're somewhat annoying, but heck, good for him finding that niche and laughing all the way to the bank.

News Comments > Fallout 4 Luck Video
13. Re: Fallout 4 Luck Video Oct 21, 2015, 18:51 MajorD

The Pyro wrote on Oct 21, 2015, 18:05:
Wallshadows wrote on Oct 21, 2015, 16:04:
I still can't get over the system requirements on the AMD side of things. I fully expect to see either a giant nVidia logo or 'Fuck you, AMD' splash on the loading screen before the menu.

The system requirements look steep. Recommended processor is a Core i7 4790? That's basically the fastest consumer processor on the market now, right?

I want to try the game but I'm afraid I'll need a new PC to enjoy it properly. I've been squeaking by for too long...

I find it hard to believe the game will require that high end of a CPU. The PC hardware industry is at a cyclical low, so I can't help to think there is some sort of posturing involved here. I hope I'm not proven wrong.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
3. Re: Social media making millennials less social: Study Oct 19, 2015, 19:07 MajorD

It took a fricken' study to come to that conclusion? /shakes head I disgust.

News Comments > Star Citizen Status Update
32. Re: Star Citizen Status Update Oct 19, 2015, 12:33 MajorD

nin wrote on Oct 19, 2015, 11:31:
Honestly, anyone that tries to defend this game is just a blatant troll at this point.

Classic!

1991 Comments. 100 pages. Viewing page 12.
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo