Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for MajorDICK

Real Name MajorDICK   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname MajorD
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 20, 2010, 17:07
Total Comments 2226 (Senior)
User ID 55780

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > ESA Seeking Final Disabilities Access Waiver Extension
8. Re: ESA Seeking Final Disabilities Access Waiver Extension Nov 18, 2017, 16:17 MajorD

Ozmodan wrote on Nov 18, 2017, 15:25:
Creston wrote on Nov 18, 2017, 14:43:
Write Ajit Pai a check for $25 (he's a really cheap whore) and he'll be happy to grant you whatever you want.

Well it was a FCC appointed by the democrats that came up with this ridiculous idea in the first place. Can't think of a stupider idea than accessibility requirements on video games.

Hey, come on now man, I'm sure if you had disabilities that prevented you from enjoying video games like those w/o disabilities, I would think this would not seem like 'such a rediculous idea".

Still counting...
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
2. Re: John Carpenter’s ‘The Thing’: The Story of an SF Horror Game-Changer. Nov 13, 2017, 10:43 MajorD

'The Thing' is one of my favorite John Carpenter films, and this is a great article/link.

Still counting...

News Comments > Get Watch_Dogs for Free
2. Re: Get Watch_Dogs for Free Nov 6, 2017, 21:36 MajorD

Agent.X7 wrote on Nov 6, 2017, 21:01:
The game that runs like crap on any PC, no matter how beefy! I got it on Steam sale last year and my PC won't even run it at a decent fps, even though it way exceeds the recommended specs.

Are you trying to max everything out? I'm running a i7-2600K and had a 780Ti at the time, and ran near maximum settings, w/o any loss (noticeable) in visual quality, and I had no FPS issues. I recall obtaining the recommended settings from a website at the time, but I can't recall where.

Were the sales of Watch Dogs 2 very good? It seemed like that game came and went pretty quickly.

Still counting...

News Comments > Steam Win10 Usage Dips; Win7 Surges
33. Re: Steam Win10 Usage Dips; Win7 Surges Nov 6, 2017, 17:18 MajorD

Beamer wrote on Nov 6, 2017, 17:06:

Amazon opened a store in Seattle with no staff and no checkout. Just pick up the items you like and walk out with them. You first tell the store who you are, then it can track your movements, the products you interact with, the ones you carry around, and the one you walk out the door with, and charge your Amazon account accordingly.

Wow, pretty crazy. Is it currently a test bed, or been in existence for a while now?

Still counting...

29. Re: Steam Win10 Usage Dips; Win7 Surges Nov 6, 2017, 16:59 MajorD

Beamer wrote on Nov 6, 2017, 15:44:
MajorD wrote on Nov 6, 2017, 15:41:
Cutter wrote on Nov 6, 2017, 15:04:
Angrius Maximis wrote on Nov 6, 2017, 12:49:
who the hell still uses windows 7?

Uh lots of us because we give a shit about our privacy. Only idiots use Win10 willingly.

LOL! You should probably stop using GMail, Social Media, and your cell phone then.

......Definitely don't walk into most retail stores, either. Don't drive on most roads.

Upon reading your post Beamer, this movie scene popped into my head.

Still counting...

25. Re: Steam Win10 Usage Dips; Win7 Surges Nov 6, 2017, 15:41 MajorD

Cutter wrote on Nov 6, 2017, 15:04:
Angrius Maximis wrote on Nov 6, 2017, 12:49:
who the hell still uses windows 7?

Uh lots of us because we give a shit about our privacy. Only idiots use Win10 willingly.

LOL! You should probably stop using GMail, Social Media, and your cell phone then.

Still counting...

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
1. Re: Apple CEO Tim Cook says social media is being used to manipulate and divide us. Nov 1, 2017, 20:53 MajorD

Because 'social media' has perpetuated narcissism to absurd levels, with everyone in their own little worlds where you can't even look at the wrong without 'offending' them!

Still counting...

News Comments > Far Cry 5 Co-op Trailer
4. Re: Far Cry 5 Co-op trailer Oct 30, 2017, 19:14 MajorD

The Co-Op portion looks like it has good potential, but the best Co-Op ever developed, was by Techland with Dying Light where the same SP campaign could be played with up to 4 players. I have yet to see another Developer/Game achieve that same level.

Still counting...

News Comments > Three Games Free on Steam for the Weekend
3. Re: Three Games Free on Steam for the Weekend Oct 26, 2017, 21:43 MajorD

Alamar wrote on Oct 26, 2017, 20:49:
The Half Elf wrote on Oct 26, 2017, 20:16:
So Arc is exactly the same price it was before?

- Double the price
- 50% off 'sale'
- ???
- Profit

F&#K those guys!!! I considered Ark Survival at one point, but as soon as these AssClowns released paid DLC for a game still in EA, I want nothing to do with them out of principal. Voting with my wallet. DICKS!

Wanna know how I really feel?

Still counting...

News Comments > Op Ed
4. Re: Op Ed Oct 26, 2017, 11:50 MajorD

Beamer wrote on Oct 26, 2017, 11:32:
MajorD wrote on Oct 26, 2017, 11:01:
Yeah, it's a shame really. With any Publisher-driven game there is no passion, fun, or artistic licenses.....those days have been long gone.

All it has become is about the bottom line and how soon a game can be shoved out the door, ready or not.

"Those days?" If anything, crunch is less now than it used to be. Which isn't saying things are good now, but this is what game development has been for 25 years.

...this is what game development has been for 25 years.

Agreed, but I see it as more extreme now. For example: Back in the early days id Software, they no doubt worked long hours, but those long hours were driven by their passion, not the cracking whip of a publisher trying to get a game shoved out the door as soon as possible.

Still counting...

News Comments > Op Ed
1. Re: Op Ed Oct 26, 2017, 11:01 MajorD

Yeah, it's a shame really. With any Publisher-driven game there is no passion, fun, or artistic licenses.....those days have been long gone.

All it has become is about the bottom line and how soon a game can be shoved out the door, ready or not.

Still counting...

News Comments > Op Ed
32. Re: Op Ed Oct 24, 2017, 15:26 MajorD

Rigs wrote on Oct 23, 2017, 17:15:
........No, we needed to see just how bad it could get if we just don't give a shit about what our government does and let it do it's own thing without repercussions. =-Rigs-=

We did that with Obama for two terms, and look where it got us: ACA / Obama Care shoved down our throats/higher health insurance cost, more entitlement programs / higher taxes, weakened military, increase in opiate deaths, reduced manufacturing / increased imports, insanely increased national debt, etc. Should I go on?

Still counting...

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
2. Re: Morning Mobilization Oct 24, 2017, 15:01 MajorD

"The reduction is due to problems on its face authentication components"

Or just maybe there just isn't as many sheeple you had banked on to pay an F'ing $1,000.00 for your latest release/craze?

Still counting...

News Comments > PUBG as a Service: No Sequel Plans
11. Re: PUBG as a Service: No Sequel Plans Oct 23, 2017, 13:33 MajorD

Rolleyes The game is just 'the latest craze' that will probably fade away upon something else fresh dropping into scene. Good game, hats off to them/their success, but IMHO, I think it is way overrated.

Still counting...

3. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 22, 2017, 17:15 MajorD

NKD wrote on Oct 22, 2017, 14:26:
I always love how this is literally the only site where I see anyone talk about baseball. Basically zero discussion on any of my other gaming hideouts, in stark contrast to what happens as we come up on the NFL playoffs.

Still counting...

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
10. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 13, 2017, 12:12 MajorD

Red wrote on Oct 13, 2017, 10:44:
So Facebook openly and officially commits to being racist. Couldn’t they just happen to appoint a black board member and say he/she was the best fit for the job? Can’t we at least maintain the illusion that all races should have equal potential and opportunity? Any black person who accepts that token position now is doing a disservice to promoting real equality.

Advertising a person's race is pretty much counterintuitive to it all.

Still counting...

2. Re: Obesity among all US adults reaches all-time high Oct 13, 2017, 10:56 MajorD

Wow, at this point I would have thought there was more awareness of this epidemic, and it would have reduced by now. Our society has become too soft and lazy, eats too much processed foods, no meal time portion control, and little to no exercise, which is a recipe for disaster. Constantly jacked into their devices, binge watching, and eating overly processed snack foods in the process doesn't help matters either.

Simple formula: Diet and Exercise. And when I say diet, I don't mean one of the past or latest fad diets pushed on us by that multi-billion dollar industry, I mean eat more foods that are from the source (whole foods, no processed foods); fresh fruits, fresh vegetables, nuts, grains, etc. And portion control; don't overeat at meal time.

Still counting...

1. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 13, 2017, 10:40 MajorD

Bummer Blue. I hope you're feeling better sooner than later.

Still counting...

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
6. Re: Morning Tech Bits Oct 10, 2017, 15:11 MajorD

Yeah, because Groove is better. Rolleyes Another thoughtless move by MS. At least it is still there to be installed if you want it.

Still counting...

6. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 9, 2017, 12:12 MajorD

Happy Anniversary Blue!

Thank you for 21 great years of gaming/tech news.

Cheers!

Still counting...

2226 Comments. 112 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo