Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for MajorDICK

Real Name MajorDICK   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname MajorD
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 20, 2010, 17:07
Total Comments 2120 (Senior)
User ID 55780

User comment history
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

News Comments > Deus Ex Mankind Divided Reviews
29. Re: Deus Ex Mankind Divided Reviews Aug 19, 2016, 13:28 MajorD

Jagacademy wrote on Aug 19, 2016, 10:49:
Does it have a lame cover system like the prior one, where you press a button, and are glued to an object?

P.S. At least they were confident enough with their game, to allow reviews pre-release. Unlike No Man's Sky trying to sell as many copies as they possibly can before anyone sees a review, lol.

Before Human Revolution was release, and watching all the marketing vids, I was with the same mindset as you; I thought the cover system was going to semi ruin the game for me. But, once I started playing the game, and got used to using it, I ended up liking more than I thought I would.

BTW: gamesdeal.com has it on sell for $35.89, and if you want the 'Day One Edition' ( Rolleyes ) for an extra dollar.

As much as I liked Human Revolution, I'm still holding off on this one, as I still have to finish Fallout 4 before I purchase another game. Yes, I'm trying to be disciplined.

Still counting...
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
15. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 15, 2016, 17:48 MajorD

Another series I never understood why it abruptly ended was Deadwood. I suspect it was due to the show's popularity hitting full stride too late.

They've been talking for years (too many) about another season and/or a movie to neatly wrap up the series, but that is all it has been (talk).

Here is a recent interview with Ian McShane, which is only a glimmer of hope.

It'd be awesome if Netflix picked it up!

Still counting...

News Comments > Quantum Break Win10 Follow-up
6. Re: Quantum Break Win10 Follow-up Aug 13, 2016, 12:36 MajorD

Whose on first?

Still counting...

News Comments > No Man's Sky Released
5. Re: No Man's Sky Released Aug 12, 2016, 19:14 MajorD

Alllll aboarrrrrrd...the hype train!

Still counting...

News Comments > Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Specs and Preloads
23. Re: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Specs and Preloads Aug 12, 2016, 12:44 MajorD

Lord Tea wrote on Aug 12, 2016, 07:18:
Okay, found a recent gameplay video on YT (PC/mouse) and I liked what I saw.

linky

Also, performance seems decent on a GTX 980.

Redmask wrote on Aug 12, 2016, 07:17:
You don't get to play any games anymore, do you? Everything is a port these days.

Plenty of PC only titles out there, PLENTY. And, by the way, some console ports a well made, GTA V comes to mind.

I'm not too sure I like the HUD, as it sure does take up a lot of screen real-estate. Other than that, I am looking forward to this game.

In regards to GTA V for PC, hats off to Rock*, as they continue to patch/improve that game. I stopped playing it for quite some time due to it locking up all the time, hackers, etc., but some friends and I have been playing it again for the past few weeks and it is pretty much rock solid (no pun intended); no lock ups whatsoever, runs smooth, hackers have pretty much been curtailed, and the new racing maps and such are a lot of fun.

For anyone that hasn't played it in a while, it is worth checking out again.

See you in Los Santos.....

Still counting...

News Comments > Battlefield Insiders Get Battlefield 1 Beta Early Access
1. Re: Battlefield Insiders Get Battlefield 1 Beta Early Access Aug 10, 2016, 19:06 MajorD

Rolleyes

Still counting...

News Comments > PC DOOM Sells 1M
16. Re: PC DOOM Sells 1M Aug 10, 2016, 13:13 MajorD

Upon reviewing this prior to launch, I wasn't overly impressed with the 'SnapMap', as to me it looked like half-baked modding. And the MP portion didn't look very awe-inspiring; however, I may have pulled the trigger if they had CoOp Campaign play, but they didn't even bother with that.

So, I may/may not pick this up for $4.99 on a Steam sale, because it doesn't look like I'm really missing all that much.

Still counting...

News Comments > BioShock Remastered Trailer
19. Re: BioShock Remastered Trailer Aug 10, 2016, 12:06 MajorD

Lorcin wrote on Aug 10, 2016, 07:41:
Beamer wrote on Aug 10, 2016, 06:49:

Why should it be free?

I'm Beamer and I'm here to ask you a question. "Is a dev team not entitled to the sweat from their brow?"

"No" says the Darks "It belongs to everyone who bought a different version over the last 10 years"

Jokes aside I still have my disc copy too. Wouldn't put it near my PC now as its got securom if I remember rightly (I know they patched it off but it has to install before it can patch). I don't have an optical drive either but yeah securom that's the reason.

Nicely done Lorcin! Classic!

There wasn't really enough of a difference to make me excited about this. I've seen SweetFX plug-ins make the game look as good or better than this supposed 'ReMastered' BS.

I just see this as an insulting cash grab.

Still counting...

News Comments > The Evil Within and Rage Sequels Possible
28. Re: The Evil Within and Rage Sequels Possible Aug 9, 2016, 18:40 MajorD

Beamer wrote on Aug 9, 2016, 18:18:
This is high on my list. So is Prison Tycoon or whatever, which I bought like 3 steam sales ago and never installed.

So many games, so little time.

Still counting...

24. Re: The Evil Within and Rage Sequels Possible Aug 9, 2016, 17:49 MajorD

jdreyer wrote on Aug 9, 2016, 14:51:
Beamer wrote on Aug 9, 2016, 12:50:
I still have Rage, in the shrink wrap, for the 360, which is in a closet. Some days I consider hooking it up for Rage. Then I realize I'd probably just replay RDR instead.

As I get older, I feel I replay the same games more often and try new ones less often. As I just joked about in another thread, why play a new game when I have so much more FTL to play? I recently redid Dishonored. This gets my attention more than shinywiszzbangthing 2016.

Speaking of, I'm kind of craving 5 skulling OMD1/2 again.

Yeah, after work and after family at night, I don't have a lot of energy to learn something new. So I often fall back to something I've already played. Also games that are more chill. FTL is one. Defense Grid is another. SupCom with the speed turned down a bit. BL2. Civ. These are all games I can chill out with for an hour or so before bed, sometimes with a beer. I wonder if NMS will enter that pantheon.

All that being said, I do intend to pick up and learn a couple of games this year: Stardew Valley and Rimworld. And next year after they've improved it some more, Stellaris.

Have you checked out Space Engineers (Survival) yet? That is a time suck. With the different modules (conveyors, connectors, sorters, refineries, assemblers, ships, etc.), programmability of various modules, etc., there is so much to learn and do.

Still counting...

13. Re: The Evil Within and Rage Sequels Possible Aug 9, 2016, 11:00 MajorD

RAGE sequel huh? I may have to give the POS of a game 'one' more try, as the previous times I ended up highly disappointed and wiped it of my drive.

IF they do have a sequel, that might motivate me to try and play the original one more time, as long as I mentally prepare myself for the unimaginative/poorly placed invisible walls everywhere, texture pop-ins at every turn, 8-bit set piece textures , disjointed quests.................................................

Still counting...

News Comments > Rocket League Adding Rumble Mode
2. Re: Rocket League Adding Rumble Mode Aug 8, 2016, 11:10 MajorD

This song popped into my hade when I read 'RUMBLE'.

Still counting...

News Comments > Dishonored 2 Details
11. Re: Dishonored 2 Details Aug 5, 2016, 21:44 MajorD

nin wrote on Aug 5, 2016, 10:40:
Really looking forward to this one, especially after how enjoyable the first one was...hope it's as good!

I'll really have to give this game another try, as I put about 3-4+ hours into it on two different occasions, but it just didn't grab me. I thought the story was good for the amount I played, but I don't know why it didn't hook me.

Still counting...

News Comments > Out of the Blue
2. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 5, 2016, 11:05 MajorD

nin wrote on Aug 5, 2016, 10:44:
Based on the stories of their water, I'm surprised their mascot isn't a walking turd.

edit: OOF!

I don't watch Real Sports series on HBO too often, but there is a good segment on the Olympics venue with a lot of disturbing insights. I'm surprised more athletes haven't backed out; however, competing in the Olympics is a dream of a life time that they have been training for all their lives, so on the other hand its not surprising.

Still counting...

News Comments > New Titan X Released
2. Re: New Titan X Released Aug 2, 2016, 10:44 MajorD

Certainly major overkill for any/all PC games console ports. But heck, if you have $1,200.00 to burn, then WTF!

Still counting...

News Comments > More Win10 Concerns from Tim Sweeney
83. Re: pc Jul 26, 2016, 16:35 MajorD

nin wrote on Jul 26, 2016, 13:54:
RedEye9 wrote on Jul 26, 2016, 13:21:
NIN, that popcorn ready yet?

omm.nom.nom...

I'm out, please pass the tub.

Still counting...

News Comments > More Grand Theft Auto Online Cunning Stunts
5. Re: More Grand Theft Auto Online Cunning Stunts Jul 26, 2016, 16:16 MajorD

HoSpanky wrote on Jul 26, 2016, 15:35:
Well, shit, they're really pushing me to clean off some space for this game again. My games drive is pretty packed and GTAV eats up a hefty chunk.

You can...

Still counting...

News Comments > More Win10 Concerns from Tim Sweeney
40. Re: More Win10 Concerns from Tim Sweeney Jul 26, 2016, 12:30 MajorD

OH LOOK OUT, THE SKY IS FALLING!!!!!

Go smoke some more Kush Tim....

Still counting...

News Comments > Quake Champions Trailer
15. Re: Quake Champions Trailer Jul 26, 2016, 12:27 MajorD

Timmy Willits is a blowhard!

Still counting...

News Comments > More Grand Theft Auto Online Cunning Stunts
2. Re: More Grand Theft Auto Online Cunning Stunts Jul 26, 2016, 12:23 MajorD

After not playing GTA V for quite some time, few friends and I were playing about a week ago and had an absolute blast playing these new stunt tracks, along with the original races. It reminded me how much fun/laughs I had playing MP in this game. I noticed they have minimized the hacker fest too.

It is worth jumping in and checking out again if you haven't played the game for a while.

Still counting...

2120 Comments. 106 pages. Viewing page 10.
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo