Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for MajorDICK

Real Name MajorDICK   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname MajorD
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 20, 2010, 17:07
Total Comments 2061 (Senior)
User ID 55780

User comment history
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

News Comments > Mirror's Edge Catalyst Trailer
1. Re: Mirror's Edge Catalyst Trailer May 25, 2016, 18:46 MajorD

Nice to see they pretty much held true to the original art style.

I still have to go back and finish the original.

"My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry S. Truman
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
2. Re: Morning Safety Dance May 20, 2016, 16:47 MajorD

Retired wrote on May 20, 2016, 10:23:
Updated Skimer malware infects ATMs worldwide.

So many people's CC are getting skimmed off of vending machines, ATMS, etc etc etc. Taking a LOT of reports.

I don't know, but it seems like security companies can't keep ahead of the hackers/thieves.

"My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry S. Truman

News Comments > Free Forge - Halo 5: Guardians Edition for Windows 10 Announced
16. Re: Free Forge - Halo 5: Guardians Edition for Windows 10 Announced May 20, 2016, 16:43 MajorD

Is this Microsoft's way of showing us how much their embracing the PC for gaming?

News Comments > Fallout 4 Far Harbor Released
21. Re: Fallout 4 Far Harbor Released May 19, 2016, 17:02 MajorD

Cutter wrote on May 19, 2016, 16:52:
How fucking difficult is to make the leap that when people are talking about a different price than what you see in the US that they're more than likely speaking about a different currency? Jesus Christ, it's not rocket surgery.

How do you 'really' feel about this Cutter? Wall

News Comments > DOOM Released
29. Re: DOOM Released May 13, 2016, 12:22 MajorD

Darks wrote on May 13, 2016, 12:12:
nin wrote on May 13, 2016, 11:56:
MajorD wrote on May 13, 2016, 11:53:
Is the SP campaign 100% playable in CoOp?

Thought I heard "no" last night, but snapmaps have a coop flag...

No Coop Campaign, and yes the Snapmaps are the only place to create Coop maps. Someone I'm sure will build a large Coop campaign if it's possible to do. I haven't had time to mess with it myself yet. So I am very curious about how much control in this we will have to be creative.

I have a bad feeling though that it's going to be some dumbed down fast placement BS.

Thanks nin and Darks. Maybe by the time this hits the bargain bin, something like the 'Last Man Standing' mod for DOOM 3 will be available. That was a fairly decent mod for playing DOOM 3 SP campaign cooperatively.

News Comments > DOOM Released
24. Re: DOOM Released May 13, 2016, 11:53 MajorD

Is the SP campaign 100% playable in CoOp?

News Comments > SEUM- Speedrunners From Hell Announced
2. Re: SEUM- Speedrunners From Hell Announced May 10, 2016, 19:18 MajorD

bigspender wrote on May 10, 2016, 18:48:
The strafe jumping looks the SEUM as old school games.......(sorry)

Clap Well played bigspender!

News Comments > DOOM @ 200 FPS Under Vulkan
7. Re: DOOM @ 200 FPS Under Vulkan May 9, 2016, 10:56 MajorD

CJ_Parker wrote on May 9, 2016, 10:34:
200fps is not really surprising given the horrible console port garbage visuals. What's next? "News" that Pacman runs at 500fps on Vulkan? Yawn.

X2

News Comments > Battlefield 5 Title Revealed?
35. Re: Battlefield 5 Title Revealed? May 6, 2016, 19:14 MajorD

Cool trailer....must admit.

News Comments > DOOM Single-Player Video
49. Re: DOOM Single-Player Video Apr 29, 2016, 16:04 MajorD

Sleeping

Sorry, but to be honest, this looks pretty boring to me. It will be cool for about 10 minutes of play until boredom sets in.

It is just eye candy with dumb enemy set pieces that looks flat and uninspiring. Oooooh look, mantling, Rolleyes what you saw in the video is probably all you'll get, as I bet is pretty limited.

The only thing selling this game is the name 'DOOM'.

News Comments > Romero's BLACKROOM Kickstarter Paused
30. Re: Romero's BLACKROOM Kickstarter Paused Apr 29, 2016, 13:59 MajorD

It's the smart/right thing to do.

News Comments > Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Trailer
13. Re: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Trailer Apr 28, 2016, 23:12 MajorD

Looks promising. Wow, the level design and detail is impressive. Looking forward to this.

News Comments > Homefront: The Revolution Trailers
7. Re: Homefront: The Revolution Trailers Apr 27, 2016, 13:44 MajorD

Parias wrote on Apr 27, 2016, 09:36:
Tachikoma wrote on Apr 27, 2016, 02:32:
So this is one genuinely promising FPS on the horizon, but nobody`s interested. Let`s wait for another Doom-bashing thread instead, shall we.

Totally interested here -- the co-op missions sound neat. Hoping they turn out decent.

I'm interested too and I have been tracking this since its announcement. It's been in development for a while now and it is looking promising, but I'm still cautiously optimistic. It will most likely be better than the first one, but only time will tell.

The original Homefront had so much potential, but the ending was rushed and abrupt, and the game seemed to be quickly abandoned.

News Comments > New CoD Title Revealed?
18. Re: New CoD Title Revealed? Apr 27, 2016, 13:34 MajorD

nin wrote on Apr 27, 2016, 10:35:
..... The "infinity" part is you buying it again!

Nice one nin.....laughed my ass off.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
6. Re: Morning Consolidation Apr 21, 2016, 19:07 MajorD

Tachikoma wrote on Apr 21, 2016, 13:37:
PC Nazis at their dumbass best. Is DRS really that different from dynamic LOD or any other common tricks employed in games with complex gfx? Technically, what they do on consoles to maintain some sort of fidelity is actually quite impressive. Unlike some lazy-ass PC devs with their unoptimized CONSOLIZED garbage.

Do you shake your hate stick at Netflix too, when it drops the stream quality? Surely you only watch stuff on UTube when it`s in true HD and all your music is encoded in 24 bit flac, right?

Last but not least, you play all your games on Ultra in >=60fps (though true PCMR should balk at this peasant framerate)with some sort of Free/G/VSync enabled...goes without saying, eh?

Lol. This is not a rant. The stupidity of this whole phenomena is actually quite entertaining.

Fixed that for you Console Boy.

News Comments > John Romero Teases Announcement & Adrian Carmack Collaboration
26. Re: John Romero Teases Announcement & Adrian Carmack Collaboration Apr 21, 2016, 14:10 MajorD

NetHead wrote on Apr 21, 2016, 11:54:
Wow, so many people going on about "John Carmack" while making it blatantly obvious they don't actually know what it is he does or has done, or incase it's not sinking in, has not done.

Not sure what you mean about "going on about 'John Carmack'", as there is plenty to "go on about John Carmack".

Now, if you mean him leaving id Software and becoming CTO at Oculus VR, Inc. in August of 2013, I think that is pretty much well know by most around here; however, it doesn't mean we can't wishfully joke about the original id Software team reforming to develop another game.

24. Re: John Romero Teases Announcement & Adrian Carmack Collaboration Apr 21, 2016, 10:54 MajorD

nin wrote on Apr 21, 2016, 10:37:
MajorD wrote on Apr 21, 2016, 10:35:
Now.....if they could only get John Carmack back into the mix, we'd have the original team back. It's not gonna happen, but stranger things have happened.

It would be both really cool, and impossible to live up to peoples expectations.

Oh so very true.....

It would still be pretty damn cool though.

21. Re: John Romero Teases Announcement & Adrian Carmack Collaboration Apr 21, 2016, 10:35 MajorD

Now.....if they could only get John Carmack back into the mix, we'd have the original team back. It's not gonna happen, but stranger things have happened.

News Comments > DOOM Open Beta Extended
36. Re: DOOM Open Beta Extended Apr 18, 2016, 12:52 MajorD

NetHead wrote on Apr 18, 2016, 12:18:

It seems more like they're trying to use the Doom name to get some of the CoD pie, nothing more. They're not trying to make good multiplayer, they're not trying to make a Doom multiplayer, they're checking boxes for some of that market which mindlessly purchases that one game repeatedly. So they're not going to get what they want, neither will Doom fans who want multiplayer.

^^^^^This^^^^^^

News Comments > etc.
4. Re: Doom divides gamers in open beta free trial Apr 18, 2016, 12:05 MajorD

I find it curious how the focus of the game has been on the MP. Nothing really has been marketed towards the SP aspect of the game for quite some time, if all that much to begin with. It just makes me wonder if it is another case of pushing an incomplete game out the door to meet the release date.

People that have no interest in the MP of the game (which looks like it will be uninspiring and not a true to the franchise), and are only looking forward to the SP portion of the game, may end up being let down. Just my prediction, but I hope I am wrong.

2061 Comments. 104 pages. Viewing page 10.
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo