Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for MajorDICK

Real Name MajorDICK   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname MajorD
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 20, 2010, 17:07
Total Comments 1991 (Pro)
User ID 55780

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
14. Re: Morning Tech Bits Feb 25, 2016, 10:47 MajorD

RedEye9 wrote on Feb 25, 2016, 10:41:
Verno wrote on Feb 25, 2016, 10:28:
RedEye9 wrote on Feb 25, 2016, 10:20:
WTF "a great version of Windows". The kool-aid is strong that quote.

Ah, the price of free.

The ignorant derp is strong with that quote, have you even used Windows 10? It is objectively superior to Windows 7 and Windows 8. The few problems with it have stemmed from telemetry and idiotic policy initiatives like this.

No, i tried it, twice. Keep chugging that free kool-aid Vern.

....and you keep drinking that Apple juice mmmmkay.

"My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry S. Truman
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

11. Re: Users of Microsoft's 'free' Windows 10 find unexpected ads on lock screen Feb 25, 2016, 10:35 MajorD

nin wrote on Feb 25, 2016, 10:29:
MajorD wrote on Feb 25, 2016, 10:18:
I call BULLSHIT on this one.....oh wait, it is a post from appleinsider.com, so it must be true.

I've been using Windows 10 since its release and have 'never' had advertisements on my locks screen or anything of that nature.

Are you using Windows Spotlight?

Yes I am, and have been since installing Windows 10.

I guess I have special copy Windows 10, because I have never seen an advertisement on the locks screen. But in all seriousness\fairness, it could be my settings that are preventing them.

"My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry S. Truman

9. Re: Users of Microsoft's 'free' Windows 10 find unexpected ads on lock screen Feb 25, 2016, 10:28 MajorD

RedEye9 wrote on Feb 25, 2016, 10:21:
MajorD wrote on Feb 25, 2016, 10:18:
I call BULLSHIT on this one.....oh wait, it is a post from appleinsider.com, so it must be true.

I've been using Windows 10 since its release and have 'never' had advertisements on my locks screen or anything of that nature.

It ain't happened to me so it must be false. Wow

No,no, no, it is on appleinsider.com, so it must be true. \/\/ ( ) \/\/

4. Re: Users of Microsoft's 'free' Windows 10 find unexpected ads on lock screen Feb 25, 2016, 10:18 MajorD

News Comments > Undying Dying Light Support
3. Re: Undying Dying Light Support Feb 19, 2016, 10:37 MajorD

Fantastic job Techland! This game is tight, polished, and plays silky smooth.

Okay, so I followed the development of this game, but never purchased it, because I was afraid it would be another Dead Island, which I didn't care for. So I picked up Dying Light: The Following Enhanced Edition the other day, which includes 'all' DLC, season pass, pre-order BS, etc. and it was one of the best $60 bucks I've spent.

Techland nailed it!!! As stated above, the game is tight, polished, the level design and environment details are incredible, the graphics are beautiful, it runs silky smooth, and is a ton of fun. The Chrome engine has advanced so impressively, and Dying Light sure showcases it nicely. The parkour system is so well done and a fricken' blast, to story line (so far), quests, side quests, etc., just all flow nicely. And the CoOp game play is the best in any game Iíve ever played; the campaign plays out the same weather you play it solo, or up to 4 players in CoOp. It is very nicely designed and executed with high re-play-ability.

Anyway, I could go on and on, but I will just finish by saying it is a high quality game in every aspect and is certainly worth $60.00.

News Comments > Into the Black
1. Re: Into the Black Feb 18, 2016, 11:39 MajorD

Bravo! Nicely done!

Thanks Ant and Blue for post, I enjoyed that.

News Comments > Cities: Skylines Launches Snowfall Expansion & Adds Free Editor
2. Re: Cities: Skylines Launches Snowfall Expansion & Adds Free Editor Feb 18, 2016, 11:11 MajorD

Quboid wrote on Feb 18, 2016, 11:03:
It's not a "map and theme editor", it's a "map-theme editor". They've added the ability to make environments and texture packs to customise how the world looks. The map editor has always been available.

Now's the problem with having hundreds of mods and assets. Some modders got early access so their mods will be compatible but not all.

Hhhmmmmm....good point.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
7. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 18, 2016, 10:38 MajorD

On this day in History in 1978 The Ironman Triathlon holds its first competition.

That wasn't tough enough, so in 1983 they doubled it and called it 'Ultraman'. That is a whole different bread of endurance athletes. Crazy!

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
11. Re: Morning Mobilization Feb 16, 2016, 13:24 MajorD

gsilver wrote on Feb 16, 2016, 10:15:
....and wanting to be able to sync my phone with itunes again, but Apple sure does seem to fight against that.

Yep, I'm pretty much asking for the old Iphone 3 design back.

Yup, there goes Apple Pigeonholing the user again. I ditched Apple years ago and haven't looked back....

IMHO, iTunes is the worst unintuitive POS hog software that has only gotten worse with every new update.

I've used both iPhone and Android phones, but have been using a Windows Phone for the past few years (Windows 10 Mobile for several months now), and it is a really good OS. Yes, I am a fan boy, but I just can't understand why it isn't more popular, especially now with the whole complete Windows 10 ecosystem. I know several business associates that have switched over to Windows Phone 10, and they haven't looked back either.

Anyway, I transferred all my music over to Windows Media Player (WMP) and all I have to do is connect my phone, drag and drop desired music files, and then sync it. It is so much better (easier & faster)than dealing with iTunes.

6. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 15, 2016, 11:16 MajorD

nin wrote on Feb 15, 2016, 11:09:
The Half Elf wrote on Feb 15, 2016, 11:04:
Creston wrote on Feb 15, 2016, 10:39:
Last earthquake in OK (over the weekend) was a 5.0. They keep going up in severity too...

As a native Californian, we don't even notice until it's a 6. Go watch the scene in ID4 and you'll understand.

As for the car in the canal.... bravo guys, bravo!

Yours are expected (natural). Ours are due to fracking assholes...IE normally, we wouldn't see anything like what we're seeing right now.

Fracking assholes.....HAH! I see what you did there.

News Comments > On DOOM's Campaign Length
36. Re: On DOOM's Campaign Length Feb 15, 2016, 11:13 MajorD

Timmeh wrote on Feb 15, 2016, 08:56:
MajorD wrote on Feb 14, 2016, 18:34:
Since RAGE, I no longer get excited about id Software games. I may pick I up on a Steam sale, but with all the other Indie games I've been enjoying, I doubt it.

I played through rage twice. Its a pretty cool game.

I dont see any reason for the knee jerk negative reactions.

Glad you liked it, good for you.

A 'knee jerk negative reaction' would be if I initially played it for less than an hour and said, "This game SUCKS!". I didn't like it when I first started playing it - about 4+ hours in -, I didn't like it a few months later when I tried to play it again, and then after over a year later of trying it a third time. So, I would say that is 'far' from a 'knee jerk negative reaction'.

The game had great shooting mechanics/animation/feel, great character art/animation, but that is pretty much it. It is flawed in so many other areas it is pathetic; poor and lazy level design (invisible walls lazily poorly placed, etc.), pop-in textures were annoying, story line was poorly executed, driving mechanics were sub-par, and the list goes on and on and on....

If the game was so great, where are all the DLCs and potential sequel Timmy Willits was spouting off about? That should be a good indication.

News Comments > On DOOM's Campaign Length
11. Re: On DOOM's Campaign Length Feb 14, 2016, 18:34 MajorD

Since RAGE, I no longer get excited about id Software games. I may pick I up on a Steam sale, but with all the other Indie games I've been enjoying, I doubt it.

News Comments > Saturday Safety Dance
1. Re: Keep your smartphone safe while charging in public. Feb 13, 2016, 14:18 MajorD

Pretty much a no-brainer. If you can't see where the wires are going\terminating, then I'd be suspicious.

One of the first times I recall seeing a 'free charging station' was in the waiting room of a auto repair shop. I tried to follow where the wires went, but when I couldn't, I just waited until I was back in my car to throw it back on the car charger.

Call me paranoid, but you can't be too careful.

News Comments > Quantum Break PC Plans; Xbox Players Unhappy
8. Re: Quantum Break PC Plans; Xbox Players Unhappy Feb 12, 2016, 10:16 MajorD

Boo hoo, waahhhh, it's not fair!!

Good God! These entitlement twits are probably ones that played T-Ball where 'everyone' got a trophy, whether they won or lost....because it wouldn't be fair if only one team - the winners - got a trophy.

Amazing.....

News Comments > Activision Blizzard Financials; New CoD This Year
1. Re: Activision Blizzard Financials; New CoD This Year Feb 11, 2016, 19:34 MajorD

....A new CoD this year.....wow, imagine that.

3. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 10, 2016, 10:39 MajorD

nin wrote on Feb 10, 2016, 10:34:
Creston wrote on Feb 10, 2016, 09:51:
That solar plant is very impressive. I shudder to think at how much it cost to build, but it's an incredible facility.

It reminds me of that tech bit that got pushed around a few years ago, about making all roads to have embedded solar cells. Sure, it's a great concept, but the cost???

It looks familiar....wasn't that movie Sahara (Clive Cussler) with Matthew McConaughey filmed there?

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - Firewatch
9. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Firewatch Feb 10, 2016, 10:30 MajorD

nin wrote on Feb 9, 2016, 21:46:
Happy Birthday!

Thanks man!

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - Firewatch
3. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Firewatch Feb 9, 2016, 21:45 MajorD

siapnar wrote on Feb 9, 2016, 20:48:
Bought this immediately. Can't wait to give it a try

I've been following this game for the past week or so, but haven't pulled the trigger yet. Please let us know your thoughts, as I just leveled up on Sunday, so I have some 'Level-Up-Money' burning a hole in my pocket.

Thanks.

News Comments > DOOM in May
26. Re: DOOM in May Feb 4, 2016, 15:05 MajorD

Caslon wrote on Feb 4, 2016, 14:34:
Just don't make this game play on PC like a console port, in any way, shape or form.

I wouldn't hold your breath, but I would hold onto your wallet.

News Comments > DOOM in May
3. Re: DOOM in May Feb 4, 2016, 11:43 MajorD

I wonder if id Software will ever develop a 'new' and successful franchise in lieu of updating the graphics and 'some' gameplay with all the old franchises that made them successful (DOOM, QUAKE, & Wolfenstein). RAGE was an embarrassment, and all the DLC\sequels Timmy touted never surfaced, which should tell you something.

They certainly pioneered the FPS genre, but have been pretty much left behind.......

1991 Comments. 100 pages. Viewing page 9.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo