Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for MajorDICK

Real Name MajorDICK   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname MajorD
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 20, 2010, 17:07
Total Comments 2191 (Senior)
User ID 55780

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Resident Evil 7 biohazard Released
1. Re: Resident Evil 7 biohazard Released Jan 24, 2017, 11:42 MajorD

Wow, that looks pretty sick and twisted.

Hmmm, only one location in base/vanilla game?

Still counting...
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
9. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 19, 2017, 13:17 MajorD

Agent-Zero wrote on Jan 19, 2017, 12:11:
guess you guys never watch "cesar 911" ... looks about the same, except the handler seems way less experienced

If you're referring to the episode(s) where Cesar is trying to get the dog comfortable with going into the pool via a gradual process, well this is a big difference with the rough simulated class 2 river flow. So, no comparison.

Still counting...

2. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 19, 2017, 10:39 MajorD

That video pissed me off, especially the end where she/he goes under. The poor dog was scared half to death to begin with.

I'll have to watch 'Best in Show' now to cheer me back up.

@nin: Yeah, don't see the attraction of the story either.....

Still counting...

News Comments > NVIDIA on GFE Mandatory Logins
2. Re: NVIDIA on GFE Mandatory Logins Jan 17, 2017, 20:53 MajorD

nin wrote on Jan 17, 2017, 20:39:
That's how we establish the connection that lets you stream from your PC to your Shield.

Don't give a shit about that.

That's how you redeem GeForce Experience rewards into your account.

Or that.

It's what lets you stream games from GeForce Now to your PC.

Fuck that as well.

And it's how we will enable many other features in the future to give you the most seamless experience across your different devices and platforms.

Fuck, man. I just wanted a graphics card. We're not going steady or anything.

What an asshole...

LOL! Got a good laugh out of that nin, thanks.

What they should do is if you just want to date, and not go steady, then you shouldn't have to login. If you want to go steady, then it would require a user name and password. Otherwise FTFO!

Still counting...

News Comments > Windows 10 Game Mode Plans
1. Re: Windows 10 Game Mode Plans Jan 13, 2017, 19:18 MajorD

Okay, got my interest. I'm cautiously optimistic, but I am looking forward to more information.

Still counting...

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
4. Re: America’s Most Hated Companies. Jan 12, 2017, 15:14 MajorD

6. Facebook (FB)
Facebook has been a boon for shareholders since its IPO. The company's stock is now trading over 200% higher than its 2012 Wall Street debut. However, not everyone is pleased with the social media platform. In recent years, the company has drawn significant criticism over its privacy policies and the mass data collection of its users. According the company’s statements, Facebook collects data on nearly anything it can, including who its users communicate with, users’ financial transactions, and the types of devices users are connecting with.

DUH! That has always been an issue, and its always smoke-and-mirrors with the privacy settings, which is why I was only had a FB account for less than a month several years ago.

It's funny, because probably a lot of the people that bitch about Windows 10 privacy settings, are the same ones that post their life on FB. Put things into perspective here.

Okay, that is my rant for the day. The other companies listed aren't a surprise either.

Still counting...

4. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 11, 2017, 13:03 MajorD

Happy Birthday Ant!

Still counting...

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
3. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jan 11, 2017, 13:01 MajorD

jacobvandy wrote on Jan 11, 2017, 12:50:
25K in a week is not a lot if you have the right keywords to show up in search results and suggestions. Even 25K in an hour is perfectly feasible if your stuff goes viral.

However this story has nothing to do with YouTube, it's a pretty huge scam involving thousands of fake web sites and hundreds of thousands of bots designed to milk pay-per-click video ads. The crux of it seems to be that huge ad companies are using automated algorithms to choose where to put their ads, lol... So these guys exploited that lack of human oversight and just engineered their way to being paid millions of dollars for nothing.

It's brilliant. I certainly don't condone it, but it is pretty damn brilliant.

Still counting...

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
8. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Dec 28, 2016, 11:47 MajorD

Dmitri_M wrote on Dec 28, 2016, 03:34:
Why are self driving cars being developed.

So we can have these

Still counting...

22. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 23, 2016, 16:42 MajorD

jdreyer wrote on Dec 23, 2016, 12:48:
K, y'all. Serious question:

What's your favorite Christmas movie?

I'm a bit partial to Tim Burton's Nightmare Before Christmas myself.

A Christmas Story w/o question, Lethal Weapon, and Elf.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year everyone, I hope you and your families have a wonderful, relaxing, and enjoyable Holiday season.

Still counting...

2. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 23, 2016, 12:27 MajorD

Jivaro wrote on Dec 23, 2016, 11:36:
So..Steam is down this morning?

I was just about to post the same inquiry, as Steam as been down for me all morning (last couple of hours). Steam sale brought it to its knees?

Still counting...

12. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 22, 2016, 14:32 MajorD

Agent-Zero wrote on Dec 22, 2016, 14:09:
MajorD wrote on Dec 22, 2016, 13:28:
Thanks for feedback, now I'm really chomping at the bit. You must be in the UK (Channel 4)? It won't hit AMC here until February......

im not in the UK, but its already available everywhere if you really want it

thinking about it some more, the second season is so different its almost a different show - a far better show.. the family stuff is only about 20-25% of the story this time around, rather than the whole focus

You must have watched it at your friend Kodi's house.

Still counting...

8. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 22, 2016, 13:28 MajorD

Agent-Zero wrote on Dec 22, 2016, 13:04:
MajorD wrote on Dec 22, 2016, 11:32:
So I've been watching Humans on Amazon Prime this past week. I almost gave up on it, but by the 4th episode all the character building and story really came together and sucked me in. I have 2 episodes left, and then I'll have to wait until February 13th for the second season to premier w/o binge watching.

Anyway, I think it is pretty well done with believable forward thinking of how humans will be impacted by life-like Humanoid Synthetics.

second season is at least 2x as good... probably more

Thanks for feedback, now I'm really chomping at the bit. You must be in the UK (Channel 4)? It won't hit AMC here until February......

@Quboid: Thanks for heads-up on Steam Winter Sale, as I was there earlier and no sign of it....

Still counting...

1. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 22, 2016, 11:32 MajorD

So I've been watching Humans on Amazon Prime this past week. I almost gave up on it, but by the 4th episode all the character building and story really came together and sucked me in. I have 2 episodes left, and then I'll have to wait until February 13th for the second season to premier w/o binge watching.

Anyway, I think it is pretty well done with believable forward thinking of how humans will be impacted by life-like Humanoid Synthetics.

Still counting...

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
5. Re: Morning Tech Bits Dec 20, 2016, 17:43 MajorD

.....it takes courage, right Tim?

Still counting...

News Comments > Surf World Series Announced
4. Re: Surf World Series Announced Dec 17, 2016, 00:47 MajorD

Rigs wrote on Dec 16, 2016, 21:40:
I'd sell my left testicle for a new WaveRace64. My god, the hours I spent playing that damn game! It was so life-changing that introducing it to my then-boss's husband ended up contributing to their eventual divorce! Yes, seriously. He ended up spending most of their anniversary party playing it on my N64 that I brought over (I was dating the boss's daughter at the time, back when I was more jock than geek - HA!). It got to the point that my boss told me in no-uncertain-terms to unhook it and go home...lol! Good times...good times!

So, yes, another one of those, please!

=-Rigs-=

Classic story, too funny.

Still counting...

News Comments > Surf World Series Announced
1. Re: Surf World Series Announced Dec 16, 2016, 10:57 MajorD

All I need are some tasty waves and cool buds, and I'm fine.

Still counting...

News Comments > Ubisoft Giveaway Second Chance
3. Re: Ubisoft Giveaway Second Chance Dec 15, 2016, 20:17 MajorD

Heck with the games, I just want the badges.

Still counting...

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
13. Re: Morning Mobilization Dec 14, 2016, 17:05 MajorD

Scottish Martial Arts wrote on Dec 14, 2016, 16:07:
I used to hang out on a forum that had a pretty sizeable Russian population, and it was fascinating watching a subset of that population go all in on Putinism over time. Some of the Russian posters maintained a healthy skepticism of their government, were horrified at the assassination of journalists, saw their government's interventions in the "near abroad" as an attempt to distract from economic stagnation and oligarchic cronyism, etc., but others swallowed it hook, line, and sinker. As Timmeh, and others like him, show, that process seems to be happening much faster with the American right-wing and Trumpism. I'd argue with him, but what would be the point? In his world, there are no verifiable facts, reasonable inference is impossible, anything reported in the media is de facto false, and all information is suspect except for the party line of the glorious leader. Why discuss the specific malware that was used in penetrating the DNC and how it was also used in Ukraine and against NATO (gee which foreign actor has this constellation of interests?), or that the hours of illicit network activity overlap exactly with working hours in the Moscow timezone, or that the supposed Romanian leaker Guccifer 2.0 appears to have used an online translator to conduct conversations with the press in "Romanian", or that the phishing link pointed to a server which is known to be used to Russian advanced persistent threats, etc? All of that was reported in the "media" so therefore it cannot have any basis in reality, and therefore the truth of Trump saying it wasn't the Russians is self-evident.

Eliza Cassan comes to mind for some reason.

Still counting...

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto Online Import/Export Update
2. Re: Grand Theft Auto Online Import/Export Update Dec 13, 2016, 16:50 MajorD

Retired wrote on Dec 13, 2016, 15:32:
Have they stopped the cheaters yet?

They've certainly reduced it, but you'll unfortunately still run into them. We just start a 'Crew Only' season, which typically works out.

Still counting...

2191 Comments. 110 pages. Viewing page 8.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo