Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for MajorDICK

Real Name MajorDICK   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname MajorD
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 20, 2010, 17:07
Total Comments 2030 (Senior)
User ID 55780

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Patches
6. Re: Morning Patches Jul 7, 2016, 16:01 MajorD

Atomic wrote on Jul 7, 2016, 15:33:
jacobvandy wrote on Jul 7, 2016, 13:51:
Only patching woes I've had with that game involve occasionally waiting for the new version of F4SE.

Fortunately, they were quick to support this patch.

Speaking of F4SE; is it the reason I'm not seeing achievements?

As far as I know, F4SE is not the culprit, as I don't have it installed (yet), and my achievements seemed to stop at some point adding mods; however, some have reported F4SE is one of the culprits. By the time I noticed it, I had too many mods loaded to even bother figuring out which one(s) caused it.

You may want to check this mod out. I haven't installed it yet, but I'm probably going to give it a whirl here in the not too distant future.

If you do decide to DL/Install/use it, please let me know your thoughts.

This comment was edited on Jul 7, 2016, 16:10.

"My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry S. Truman
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > GTA Online Update Next Week
3. Re: GTA Online Update Next Week Jul 7, 2016, 12:06 MajorD

WOW! The gift that keeps on giving. Thanks Rockstar.

This looks like some more good times and laughs. I really had a lot of fun playing this game in MP; I don't remember having as much fun or laughing so much playing any other MP game.

I guess it is time to revisit this again with some friends.

"My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry S. Truman

News Comments > Evolve Stage 2 Details
10. Re: Evolve Stage 2 Details Jul 7, 2016, 11:59 MajorD

Good God, stop already! You're only embarrassing yourselves at this point. This comes across as pathetic desperation.

'Founders Status'? I literally laughed out loud at that one.

News Comments > Evolve Countdown
12. Re: Evolve Countdown Jul 6, 2016, 16:33 MajorD

NetHead wrote on Jul 6, 2016, 16:29:
The Evolve website is now counting down to an announcement or something

So you have an announcement, about an announcement, for an upcoming announcement?

I really like Blue's an all, but please don't start that crap with having announcements about upcoming announcements. Such things basically = No News.

The number of times reporting something like this is worthwhile, per year can be counted on one hand, at most.

Companies are also doing this crap more often, all in the hope that people/sites etc "talk" about it. How about we cut their crap and wait for when they actually have something to say rather than hyping ourselves up on their behalf, about some announcement, at some future date...

But look below at all the entertainment we wouldn't have without this post.

3. Re: Evolve Countdown Jul 6, 2016, 10:44 MajorD

nin wrote on Jul 6, 2016, 10:41:
MajorD wrote on Jul 6, 2016, 10:30:
Countdown to how many DLCs are going to 'Evolve' for their next game.

The jokes write themselves!

Grin....yeah, it was expected one way or another, but I still had to post it.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
1. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 6, 2016, 10:33 MajorD

Happy Anniversary Blue! Thank you for two decades of awesomeness.

1. Re: Evolve Countdown Jul 6, 2016, 10:30 MajorD

Countdown to how many DLCs are going to 'Evolve' for their next game.

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront Offline Instant Action Coming?
12. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Offline Instant Action Coming? Jun 23, 2016, 13:44 MajorD

nin wrote on Jun 23, 2016, 13:32:
MajorD wrote on Jun 23, 2016, 13:29:
How long has this game been released?

Last fall.

....and they're just releasing this option now?

News Comments > Steam Summer Picnic Sale Underway
4. Re: Steam Summer Picnic Sale Underway Jun 23, 2016, 13:40 MajorD

Dagnamit wrote on Jun 23, 2016, 13:34:
SpectralMeat wrote on Jun 23, 2016, 13:19:
So are there daily deals or everything that is on sale for a certain percentage right now will be on sale for the same price until July4?

good question.

40% off Doom? Oh man, MUST RESIST... WILLPOWER WAIVERING...

QUICK, just walk away while you can, and don't look back!

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront Offline Instant Action Coming?
10. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Offline Instant Action Coming? Jun 23, 2016, 13:29 MajorD

How long has this game been released?

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
7. Re: HBO apologizes for HBO Now not being available during Game of Thrones Jun 20, 2016, 17:46 MajorD

Last night's GoT episode was pretty damn good, with such a gratifying ending.

Sad Only one more episode left in this season.

News Comments > New Turtle Rock Studios IP
19. Re: New Turtle Rock Studios IP Jun 20, 2016, 17:40 MajorD

Verno wrote on Jun 20, 2016, 12:42:
nin wrote on Jun 20, 2016, 11:02:
Yeah, I always chuckle about the folks that bought into that one. There was a guy here who dropped $100, right off the bat...

Eh whatever, dude was just excited. You've bought into plenty of stinkers too.

@nin: So you had your reservations too eh?

Grin....way to Man-up Verno!

I didn't buy it, but I have to admit that I called it wrong with Overwatch, as it seems to be much, much better than I had predicted it would be; although, it isn't my cup of tea.

News Comments > New Turtle Rock Studios IP
3. Re: New Turtle Rock Studios IP Jun 20, 2016, 10:59 MajorD

I had my reservations all along with Evolve, and was glad I never bought into it. A few of my friends did, and they regretted it.

Hopefully all involved parties (Developers, Publishers, etc.) learned a lesson with their last release. The only thing that 'Evolved' was the DLC money grabs.

News Comments > Quoteworthy: Microsoft on Returning to Steam
19. Re: Quoteworthy: Microsoft on Returning to Steam Jun 18, 2016, 16:08 MajorD

Creston wrote on Jun 18, 2016, 12:40:
I look at Steam today, it’s on an incredible growth trajectory,

...Microsoft discovers Steam, is amazed! News at 11!

Rolleyes

CLASSIC! LMAO Creston, good one.

I guess this is their path of least resistance (with XBone division) to 'embrace PC gaming' and/or their lackadaisical/lazy approach.

News Comments > Next Week's Steam Summer Sale Confirmed?
43. Re: Next Week's Steam Summer Sale Confirmed? Jun 16, 2016, 17:27 MajorD

Retired wrote on Jun 16, 2016, 13:57:
No reason to buy any more games. At 800, I will never play them all.

As long as everyone has 'Snuggle Truck' in their games library, then that is all one should need.

26. Re: Next Week's Steam Summer Sale Confirmed? Jun 16, 2016, 13:45 MajorD

MajorD wrote on Jun 16, 2016, 13:41:
Creston wrote on Jun 16, 2016, 13:28:
MajorD wrote on Jun 16, 2016, 13:24:
Hmmmm....working through and completing all your games in your library as a full-time job. I wonder of that would be enjoyable, or become like a full-time job? It would be fun to see.

For a while I did a "I must finish two games from my old library before I am allowed to buy anything new" rule for myself. It did well for a few months and I got about 8 or 9 old titles played through, but then it just became aggravating. I wasn't even enjoying playing those games anymore, it felt more like I "had to", and it sucked.

In all honestly, I should be glad the Steam sales aren't that great anymore, as I need to be protected from myself...

I know what you mean; I did something similar, but it became like a chore after a while, and like you said it wasn't enjoyable anymore.

Creston wrote on Jun 16, 2016, 13:39:
MajorD wrote on Jun 16, 2016, 13:31:
Is anyone familiar with www.GamesDeal.com? I don't know how 'truly' legit they are, but they seem to becoming more popular. I picked up FO4 Season Pass off their site a couple of weeks ago for $24.99. They have really good/aggressive pricing.

Never heard of them, but that's not really that much of a deal, is it? I got the season pass for 20 bucks from GMG when I pre-ordered the game.

I guess at the time (~2 weeks ago) it was a good deal, as it was higher everywhere else: Steam ($49.00) and other sites were no less than $34.99.

24. Re: Next Week's Steam Summer Sale Confirmed? Jun 16, 2016, 13:41 MajorD

Creston wrote on Jun 16, 2016, 13:28:
MajorD wrote on Jun 16, 2016, 13:24:
Hmmmm....working through and completing all your games in your library as a full-time job. I wonder of that would be enjoyable, or become like a full-time job? It would be fun to see.

For a while I did a "I must finish two games from my old library before I am allowed to buy anything new" rule for myself. It did well for a few months and I got about 8 or 9 old titles played through, but then it just became aggravating. I wasn't even enjoying playing those games anymore, it felt more like I "had to", and it sucked.

In all honestly, I should be glad the Steam sales aren't that great anymore, as I need to be protected from myself...

I know what you mean; I did something similar, but it became like a chore after a while, and like you said it wasn't enjoyable anymore.

21. Re: Next Week's Steam Summer Sale Confirmed? Jun 16, 2016, 13:31 MajorD

Tyrric wrote on Jun 16, 2016, 13:18:
MajorD wrote on Jun 16, 2016, 12:47:
Great! We'll all feed the 'Steam Machine' by buying games we'll either never play, or finish.

It's a disease I tell ya!

I've gotten better by setting rules for most sales. Certain franchises do get an exception though, mostly if they are guaranteed to provide lengthy play times.

• My Steam Wishlist shall never grow bigger than 75 titles. IF a title pushes it over 75, one must come off the list. Any entry counts, be it a full game or DLC.

• If the item is not on my wishlist then it shall not enter my library unless it is free.

• A game may break the following discount rules only if it is a multiplayer only title.

• If the game is not 6 months old yet (from initial PC release date): 50% off or better.

• If the game has been out for 6 months to 18 months (from initial PC release date): 66% or better.

• If the game has been out for 18+ months (from initial PC release date): 75% or better.

• The 6 month rule might sound crazy, but I picked up both Rise of the Tomb Raider and Just Cause 3 from CDKeys.com for just under $60 total last month.

I like it Tyrric, good guidelines.

Is anyone familiar with www.GamesDeal.com? I don't know how 'truly' legit they are, but they seem to becoming more popular. I picked up FO4 Season Pass off their site a couple of weeks ago for $24.99. They have really good/aggressive pricing.

19. Re: Next Week's Steam Summer Sale Confirmed? Jun 16, 2016, 13:24 MajorD

jomisab wrote on Jun 16, 2016, 12:50:
    MajorD wrote on Jun 16, 2016, 12:47:
    Great! We'll all feed the 'Steam Machine' by buying games we'll either never play, or finish.

It's a disease I tell ya!

QFT. In order to finish all the games I buy, I'd need to win the lottery and have that become my new full-time job.

News Comments > etc.
    2. Re: Microsoft wants to ship games on Steam again… Jun 16, 2016, 12:51 MajorD

Is this another step towards 'embracing PC gaming'?

2030 Comments. 102 pages. Viewing page 7.
    < Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo