Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL, USA, IL 01/27
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for MajorDICK

Real Name MajorDICK   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname MajorD
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 20, 2010, 17:07
Total Comments 2235 (Senior)
User ID 55780

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus Trailer
3. Re: Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus Trailer Jun 15, 2017, 12:15 MajorD

So glad Machine Games is developing this series again, as they did such a great job rebooting the series with NO and OB, despite having to use/work with the idTech5 engine......

@eRe4s3r: May have been a temporary glitch in the matrix for you at the time, as I just watched the embedded video.

Still counting...
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > DOOM VFR Announced
24. Re: DOOM VFR Announced Jun 12, 2017, 20:39 MajorD

HoSpanky wrote on Jun 12, 2017, 14:56:
MajorD wrote on Jun 12, 2017, 11:06:
Fallout VR.....not really liking the first person presence, especially with weapons (especially hand guns) floating in mid air....look too wonky to me. I'll stick to my 28" monitor thank you very much.

Floating guns look weird when you're not in VR. When they move with your hands, your brain immediately accepts it. Also, Raw Data does the "hands and arms" thing and it screws up enough that it's far more distracting than just having the guns floating.

Seriously, BEFORE saying something looks wrong or cheap in VR, how about you actually try it first? You need to give it a good hour's worth of goofing around in it, and THEN ask what few questions you have left. To those of us with VR gear, the CONSTANT asking of questions that are instantly answered by USING VR feels like having to describe every component of a casserole to a picky 5 year old. Just fucking try it, shut your mouth and TRY IT.

Easy there tiger, I said it looked 'wonky' to me, not wrong or cheap. But, now that I've read your post, and others, explaining why it looks that way, it makes sense. So, I'll have to demo some VR goggles to get the true visual experience.

Still counting...

News Comments > DOOM VFR Announced
1. Re: DOOM VFR Announced Jun 12, 2017, 11:06 MajorD

Fallout VR.....not really liking the first person presence, especially with weapons (especially hand guns) floating in mid air....look too wonky to me. I'll stick to my 28" monitor thank you very much.

Still counting...

News Comments > Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus Officially Revealed
4. Re: Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus Officially Revealed Jun 12, 2017, 11:00 MajorD

Agent-Zero wrote on Jun 12, 2017, 10:56:
im getting a bit of a Duke Nukem vibe from it... its got an over-the-top action plus weirdo comedy thing going on... seems a bit different than the previous ones

I'm glad Machine Games is continuing with the franchise, as they did a great job reviving it with New Order and Old Blood, but yeah, I agree, hopefully they don't Duke it up too much.

Still counting...

News Comments > Metro Exodus Announced
1. Re: Metro Exodus Announced Jun 12, 2017, 10:57 MajorD

I'm a fan of this series, and this one looks to have good potential, but I just hope it isn't too scripted and bogged down by QTEs.

Still counting...

News Comments > The Evil Within 2 and Wolfenstein Leaks?
7. Re: The Evil Within 2 and Wolfenstein Leaks? Jun 12, 2017, 09:58 MajorD

I got Wolfenstein on a Steam sale last year for cheap, and I was pleasantly surprised how fun and decent it was. That prompted me to get Old Blood, which I thought was even more fun, but too short.

Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus is being developed by Machine Games, which is great news, and it is scheduled to release this year (hopefully).

Still counting...

News Comments > Out of the Blue
9. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 9, 2017, 14:56 MajorD

For breakfast a couple times a week, I enjoy FAGE all natural plain Greek yogurt with a little blue agave sweetener, crushed up all natural granola bar, and fresh berries (raspberries, blackberries, and/or blueberries). Healthy, satisfying, and tastes F'ing great!

Still counting...

News Comments > SOYF: S#!T ON YOUR FRIENDS
3. Re: SOYF: S#!T ON YOUR FRIENDS Jun 7, 2017, 09:59 MajorD

I guess this would be funny/fun if I was 9 years old.

Still counting...

News Comments > Mass Effect Series on Hold?
34. Re: Mass Effect Series on Hold? May 11, 2017, 10:33 MajorD

CJ_Parker wrote on May 11, 2017, 01:42:
Told ya it's garbage .

But noooo....

BluesNews cheerleading fangirl choir: "MASS EFFECT ANDROMEDA IS GOTY AWESOME SAUCE".

Eight weeks later...

"Mass Effect Series on Hold"

Me: Strrrrrrrrrriiiiiiiiiiikkkkkeeee!

Score CJ_Parker 1 vs. BluesNews AAA cheerleading fangirl brigade 0

Middlefinger Middlefinger Middlefinger

Well, when you have negative opinions about pretty much everything, your chances of being right about a game not doing well are pretty high.

Still counting...

News Comments > Steam Top 10
15. Re: Steam Top 10 May 8, 2017, 12:39 MajorD

Beamer wrote on May 8, 2017, 12:23:
Oh... look... CJ has a negative opinion on something he hasn't personally experienced. That's a surprise. I literally cannot believe it. I'm so shocked the guy that does nothing but come here to complain about every single thing, the guy who apparently gets joy from nothing other than making us hear his endless diatribes about how he hates everything, hates this game.

Such wonderful contributions.

Yeah, I too found this to be very surprising.

Still counting...

News Comments > Happy Birthday Wolfenstein 3D
12. Re: Happy Birthday Wolfenstein 3D May 5, 2017, 15:33 MajorD

WOW, 25 years? Happy Birthday Wolfenstein 3D!

I remember downloading this from a BBS and was immediately mesmerized and enthralled. That is when my PC gaming addiction all started.

Yes, I feel old now too.

Still counting...

News Comments > Arkane: Steam Refunds = PC Prey Demo
9. Re: Arkane: Steam Refunds = PC Prey Demo May 3, 2017, 11:02 MajorD

We couldn't do a demo on both the console and on the PC, we had to choose. And besides, PC has Steam. Steam players can just return the game [prior to playing] 2 hours so it's like a demo already.

I don't know, maybe my coffee hasn't kicked in, but this just struck me as a copout douchebag spin.

Isn't getting a refund through Steam a hassle, or is it pretty painless? Regardless, I think it is douchebag response.

I also want to clarify that there's no PC port. I keep on hearing 'oh they're going to screw up the PC port' there is no PC port. We do the game on PC.

Since when?

Still counting...

News Comments > Skullstone Gets Greenlight
5. Re: Skullstone Gets Greenlight May 1, 2017, 16:50 MajorD

Sacrifice wrote on May 1, 2017, 11:05:
It looks almost identical to Grimrock. I like dungeon crawlers and will keep an eye on this. Hopefully it isn't just a rip-off.

Yeah, same thing I thought when I watched the trailer. I think 'Almost Human' resurrected this genre, and did it well I must say.

Still counting...

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
3. Re: Morning Tech Bits Apr 25, 2017, 11:56 MajorD

Commence the trendy-bandwagon Microsoft bashing....

Still counting...

News Comments > Outlast 2 Tomorrow; New Trailers
3. Re: Outlast 2 Tomorrow; New Trailers Apr 25, 2017, 10:30 MajorD

Looks pretty very sick and twisted.

Still counting...

News Comments > Everything Released
2. Re: Everything Released Apr 22, 2017, 14:35 MajorD

jdreyer wrote on Apr 22, 2017, 13:25:
* watches video *

WTF did I just watch?

E V E R Y T H I N G!

Still counting...

News Comments > Prey Trailer
16. Re: Prey Trailer Apr 20, 2017, 13:25 MajorD

Burrito of Peace wrote on Apr 20, 2017, 07:59:
All the whining aside, I couldn't put my finger on what bugged me a bit about this game until this trailer.

You have Generic Scientist A holding a coffee cup while talking to Generic Scientist B. Generic Scientist A's coffee cup suddenly morphs itself in to an alien that attacks and, presumably, kills him.

The killing part doesn't bother me, what bothers me is that there's no way that alien could mimic the coffee cup without the cup itself becoming incredibly heavy. Assuming the alien has mass, the density would become unreal when packing it down from something that looks about 3' tall and 2.75' wide (from extremity to extremity) down to the size of that cup.

The other option is that the alien creature has very little mass so that the density wouldn't significantly change. That, too, provides a problem because then your projectile based weapons with the apparently high muzzle velocity would rip them to shreds in very short order. Even the average strength of the human hand and arm would be able to pull them off of you, wad them in to a ball, keep them there, and then blow them out the airlock.

I don't know if you were being facetious or not, but either way I got a good chuckle out of your post.

Still counting...

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
6. Re: Morning Mobilization Apr 17, 2017, 17:25 MajorD

RedEye9 wrote on Apr 17, 2017, 11:48:
All 13 windows phone users are steaming mad.

I have 1 of those 13 Windows Phones (Lumia 950XL). Don't knock them until you try it (if you haven't). I've used iPhones and Androids; each one has there positives and negatives, but I've liked the WP the best. I have/use the whole ecosystem, so everything (phone, Surface, desktop) communicates and syncs nicely. It baffles me it isn't more popular than a 3% market share.

Rumor around the virtual camp fire is that the MS Surface team has been working on a 'Surface Phone' that will - supposedly - have x86 architecture. If they can't/don't make any (enough) headway with this, I think they'll be done in the mobile market.

Still counting...

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
1. Re: There are now 11 states considering 'right to repair' bills. Apr 11, 2017, 10:46 MajorD

It's a good start, but the F'ing Loopholes though: LINK.

Still counting...

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
2. Re: 21 things we miss about old computers Apr 10, 2017, 11:35 MajorD

I wouldn't exactly say I miss those things...

Still counting...

2235 Comments. 112 pages. Viewing page 7.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo