Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
San Diego, CA 08/21

Regularly scheduled events

User information for MajorDICK

Real Name MajorDICK   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname MajorD
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 20, 2010, 17:07
Total Comments 1925 (Pro)
User ID 55780

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Evolve Adds New Hunter
7. Re: Evolve Adds New Hunter Jan 27, 2016, 11:31 MajorD

Sleeping

"My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry S. Truman
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
14. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 26, 2016, 17:39 MajorD

Double post due to error with browser. Sorry....

"My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry S. Truman

13. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 26, 2016, 17:37 MajorD

El Pit wrote on Jan 26, 2016, 12:04:

A sequel to Blade Runner is so unnecessary. But if they really have to do it, at least they should have a better screenplay than The Force Awakens or Prometheus.

Agreed. That would be almost as bad as when they made remake of The Shining. WTF?! Never bothered to even watch it either.

News Comments > Cities Skylines Snowfall Announced
1. Re: Cities Skylines Snowfall Announced Jan 19, 2016, 13:18 MajorD

Wow, looks very nicely done.

The Unity\5 engine is pretty darn versatile and impressive IMHO.

News Comments > Five Nights at Freddy's World Next Month
2. Re: Five Nights at Freddy's World Next Month Jan 14, 2016, 17:52 MajorD

Rattlehead wrote on Jan 14, 2016, 17:21:
He's really milking this franchise. I still never got it.

Yeah, I never got it either. More of an appeal to the younger crowd.

But hey, wouldn't you milk it too if you could?

News Comments > Homefront: The Revolution May Release Confirmed
2. Re: Homefront: The Revolution May Release Confirmed Jan 12, 2016, 11:09 MajorD

It's looking like it may be better than the first one. Hopefully this one doesn't just abruptly end.....

I'll wait for Steam sale either way.

15. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 11, 2016, 13:06 MajorD

NKD wrote on Jan 11, 2016, 12:59:
Can we get David Bowie back if we sacrifice someone less valuable? I nominate Cutter.

That's not very nice.

14. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 11, 2016, 13:04 MajorD

Happy Birthday Ant! And many, many more.

12. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 11, 2016, 13:02 MajorD

RIP David Bowie. He was a prolific artist that was WAY ahead of his time musically and look(s).

I'll have to listen to 'The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders from Mars' today as a tribute.

News Comments > Half-Life Writer Marc Laidlaw Leaves Valve [Updated]
13. Re: Half-Life Writer Marc Laidlaw Leaves Valve? Jan 8, 2016, 12:15 MajorD

Task wrote on Jan 8, 2016, 10:42:
My guess is he wanted to be around for continuing HL writing, but got fed up with waiting on Valve which is just sitting on the IP. Instead they concentrate on not making games.

My thoughts exactly....

News Comments > Oculus Rift $599
71. Re: Oculus Rift $599 Jan 6, 2016, 18:54 MajorD

El Pit wrote on Jan 6, 2016, 11:55:
....Won't work this way unless they print an Apple on it, then it will sell even for $899 and will be THE thing to have in 2016.

LOL, nice one! I got a good laugh out of this, but only because it is sadly true.

I won't know until I am eventually able to demo one at BestBuy or something, but I can't help think that - at this point in time - this will be embraced about as much as 3D Flat Screens were; however, they won't fade away like 3D flat screens did.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
8. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jan 1, 2016, 11:44 MajorD

Luke wrote on Jan 1, 2016, 07:23:
Parallax Abstraction wrote on Dec 31, 2015, 11:00:
The Windows 10 spying stuff is largely FUD and I say that as someone who both runs Windows 10 and has looked into this extensively as many clients have asked me about it. There's a lot of tin foil hattery around it, largely said by people on social networks which collect buckets more data about you.

As for the OS itself, I've been very impressed with it. I did an in-place upgrade on my gaming/video editing machine which is full of tempermental software and other than one audio utility I had to reinstall, everything worked splendidly. It performs better than Windows 7, has more features and restores a sane UI. I've been quite happy with it.

Yep there is alot of tinfoil hattery around ..just read on in ya link ITS ALL GOOD

...and your Android or Apple products don't gather just as much or more information? Or is just another jump-on-the-Bash-Microsoft-bandwagon because that is the hip thing to do?

News Comments > etc.
2. Re: etc. Dec 30, 2015, 13:27 MajorD

I'm a fan boy of the Thief Series (minus Deadly Shadows and the latest release), so I think 'one' of the best HD Mods is for Thief 1 & 2 by Bentraxx.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
1. Re: Happy New Year- Dish, DirecTV-AT&T, Time Warner Cable All Raising Rates In January Because They Dec 30, 2015, 13:04 MajorD

They have to make up for the ever increasing cable cutters. This is a double edge sword, as it will inevitably provoke even more people to cut-the-cord sooner.

They all need to creatively restructure the business models/offering so customers don't have to subscribe to a bunch of bloat they don't want.

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
1. Re: Saturday Metaverse Dec 26, 2015, 23:09 MajorD

I have been using 'bing' search, maps, etc. exclusively for some time now and has/is maturing nicely. Now, if they could just get 'Edge' dialed in correctly......

News Comments > Christmas Eve Safety Dance
1. Re: Christmas Eve Safety Dance Dec 24, 2015, 12:52 MajorD

"Is it too much to ask tech reporters to gather some facts before hurling accusations?"

Of course not, because most are too eager to jump onto the Microsoft-bashing-bandwagon!

MS does have it's issues, and no doubt has had its share of bonehead moves, but so does, Google, Apple, etc.; however, everyone is always so quick to bash MS at every turn, even if they do something truly awesome, someone will dissect it to find any irrelevant negative critique they can just because it is MS.

3. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 24, 2015, 12:43 MajorD

Merry Christmas and Happy New year all! Enjoy the food & drinks with your family and friends for all it is worth!

Sincerely,
MajorD

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
3. Re: Morning Mobilization Dec 22, 2015, 12:10 MajorD

LOL Creston, good one!

I've been using the Insider Preview of Windows 10 Mobile and it has been maturing well and has become a sweet mobile OS that is tying in nicely with their whole ecosystem.

I can't speak for Android, but when I use my wife's iPhone it convinces me I'd never use one of those again. Although iPhones are very elegant and solid piece of hardware, using it would just frustrate me.

People that I know that have either been using a Windows phone and/or have switched over to it, say they love it and prefer it over iPhone and Android phones.

We'll see how it does after the official launch of Windows 10 Mobile and more flagship phones are released.

News Comments > The Climb Announced
8. Re: The Climb Announced Dec 15, 2015, 11:38 MajorD

ViRGE wrote on Dec 15, 2015, 09:38:
Climbing up a rock face in VR is going to look absolutely breathtaking the first time you do it. But after the novelty wears off it doesn't seem like there's going to be any reason to play it again.

I totally agree with this. Unless you and some friends make a drinking game out of it, then that would be entertaining for a while.

News Comments > Delete Steam Games
20. Re: Delete Steam Games Dec 5, 2015, 01:15 MajorD

fujiJuice wrote on Dec 5, 2015, 00:52:
I just don't get it. It takes up no space, except for some text in a list, and even then you can hide it or move somewhere else. I have plenty of games I don't like, in my library, but I can't ever see myself deleting them from my account. I just see no benefit to that whatsoever, especially as a collector.

I know, I was just 'trying' to be funny. I have Steam setup so it just displays my 'Installed' games, but once in a while I have it show all games to see if there is one I forgot about that I may be interested in playing again.

1925 Comments. 97 pages. Viewing page 7.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo