Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for MajorDICK

Real Name MajorDICK   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname MajorD
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 20, 2010, 17:07
Total Comments 1992 (Pro)
User ID 55780

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Next Week's Steam Summer Sale Confirmed?
19. Re: Next Week's Steam Summer Sale Confirmed? Jun 16, 2016, 13:24 MajorD

jomisab wrote on Jun 16, 2016, 12:50:
MajorD wrote on Jun 16, 2016, 12:47:
Great! We'll all feed the 'Steam Machine' by buying games we'll either never play, or finish.

It's a disease I tell ya!

QFT. In order to finish all the games I buy, I'd need to win the lottery and have that become my new full-time job.

Hmmmm....working through and completing all your games in your library as a full-time job. I wonder of that would be enjoyable, or become like a full-time job? It would be fun to see.

"My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry S. Truman
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > etc.
2. Re: Microsoft wants to ship games on Steam again… Jun 16, 2016, 12:51 MajorD

Is this another step towards 'embracing PC gaming'?

"My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry S. Truman

News Comments > Next Week's Steam Summer Sale Confirmed?
12. Re: Next Week's Steam Summer Sale Confirmed? Jun 16, 2016, 12:47 MajorD

Great! We'll all feed the 'Steam Machine' by buying games we'll either never play, or finish.

It's a disease I tell ya!

News Comments > Oculus Touch Titles Revealed; Controllers Still MIA
6. Re: Oculus Touch Titles Revealed; Controllers Still MIA Jun 14, 2016, 16:17 MajorD

Dagnamit wrote on Jun 14, 2016, 15:44:
MajorD wrote on Jun 14, 2016, 15:21:
Meh....Not mature enough yet to get me excited enough to get VR (Oculus, Vibe, etc.) gadgetry at this point in time. The technology has certainly made larger strides, but still not quite there. I'll give it another 3-5 years.

Did Oculus always intend to have controllers, or was that only after the Vibe released them at launch?

They were always going to have a controller solution. Standing and controllers is the only way to push it mainstream.

I just bought VIVE a week ago, and I have to say it's very, very impressive. The tracking and motion sickness issues are solved. It's essentially lag free and I (or those I've had use it) never have experienced anything resembling motion sickness.

The biggest problem, imo, is screen door effect. It's distracting, no doubt about it. Way more so than jaggies. I would guess they're 2 years away from a 4k panel at 90-120hz. You don't need to render at 4k to make it good, as 4x AA of 1080p output looks pretty good.

We're 1 generation of tech advances away from it being ideal from a tech standpoint. The games however.... we'll see about that. I can only play Elite for so long.

Cool! Thanks for post/info.

News Comments > Oculus Touch Titles Revealed; Controllers Still MIA
3. Re: Oculus Touch Titles Revealed; Controllers Still MIA Jun 14, 2016, 15:21 MajorD

Meh....Not mature enough yet to get me excited enough to get VR (Oculus, Vibe, etc.) gadgetry at this point in time. The technology has certainly made larger strides, but still not quite there. I'll give it another 3-5 years.

Did Oculus always intend to have controllers, or was that only after the Vibe released them at launch?

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto Online Trailer
4. Re: Grand Theft Auto Online Trailer Jun 3, 2016, 17:19 MajorD

ForgedReality wrote on Jun 3, 2016, 14:14:
Gee, Rockstar, still waiting on you guys to make the PC version fucking playable online... >:/

In what respect; cheating, or lock-ups?

Cheating I can pretty much avoid if/when I'm playing with a group of friends, but I suffer mostly from lock-ups, which is most aggravating when I am winning a race.

News Comments > Hard Reset Redux Released
13. Re: Hard Reset Redux Released Jun 3, 2016, 17:14 MajorD

Sleeping

News Comments > Titanfall 2 Release Window Narrowed
10. Re: Titanfall 2 Release Window Narrowed Jun 2, 2016, 11:34 MajorD

Wow, I didn't realize the first one was good enough to justify a 2nd.

News Comments > Saturday Mobilization
2. Re: Saturday Mobilization May 28, 2016, 20:51 MajorD

jdreyer wrote on May 28, 2016, 20:03:
It's a shame too. The UI was pretty excellent, and I liked that fact you could switch the phone to any language. Harder to do that with Android.

Also, less competition and ideas kind of sucks.

These writers always seem to be in a hurry to paint a bad picture on anything Microsoft related.

I've read several other articles, but can't quite confirm anything, but what I gathered so far is they're just retiring the Nokia line.

Another article states Microsoft is working on a 'Surface Phone' with a heavy target on 'Business' Their last ditch effort. /shrug

News Comments > Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Live Action Trailer
4. Re: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Live Action Trailer May 26, 2016, 12:14 MajorD

Bravo! Clap Pretty cool trailer, nicely done.

I'm hyped as well.

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
2. Re: Evening Mobilization May 25, 2016, 18:48 MajorD

Cutter wrote on May 25, 2016, 18:41:
1350 of these cuts are in Finland as Microsoft kills what remains of its disastrous $7.2bn purchase of Nokia.

MS just never ceases to amaze me. Simply boggles the mind.

The company is so disjointed, it is sad.

News Comments > Mirror's Edge Catalyst Trailer
1. Re: Mirror's Edge Catalyst Trailer May 25, 2016, 18:46 MajorD

Nice to see they pretty much held true to the original art style.

I still have to go back and finish the original.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
2. Re: Morning Safety Dance May 20, 2016, 16:47 MajorD

Retired wrote on May 20, 2016, 10:23:
Updated Skimer malware infects ATMs worldwide.

So many people's CC are getting skimmed off of vending machines, ATMS, etc etc etc. Taking a LOT of reports.

I don't know, but it seems like security companies can't keep ahead of the hackers/thieves.

News Comments > Free Forge - Halo 5: Guardians Edition for Windows 10 Announced
16. Re: Free Forge - Halo 5: Guardians Edition for Windows 10 Announced May 20, 2016, 16:43 MajorD

Is this Microsoft's way of showing us how much their embracing the PC for gaming?

News Comments > Fallout 4 Far Harbor Released
21. Re: Fallout 4 Far Harbor Released May 19, 2016, 17:02 MajorD

Cutter wrote on May 19, 2016, 16:52:
How fucking difficult is to make the leap that when people are talking about a different price than what you see in the US that they're more than likely speaking about a different currency? Jesus Christ, it's not rocket surgery.

How do you 'really' feel about this Cutter? Wall

News Comments > DOOM Released
29. Re: DOOM Released May 13, 2016, 12:22 MajorD

Darks wrote on May 13, 2016, 12:12:
nin wrote on May 13, 2016, 11:56:
MajorD wrote on May 13, 2016, 11:53:
Is the SP campaign 100% playable in CoOp?

Thought I heard "no" last night, but snapmaps have a coop flag...

No Coop Campaign, and yes the Snapmaps are the only place to create Coop maps. Someone I'm sure will build a large Coop campaign if it's possible to do. I haven't had time to mess with it myself yet. So I am very curious about how much control in this we will have to be creative.

I have a bad feeling though that it's going to be some dumbed down fast placement BS.

Thanks nin and Darks. Maybe by the time this hits the bargain bin, something like the 'Last Man Standing' mod for DOOM 3 will be available. That was a fairly decent mod for playing DOOM 3 SP campaign cooperatively.

News Comments > DOOM Released
24. Re: DOOM Released May 13, 2016, 11:53 MajorD

Is the SP campaign 100% playable in CoOp?

News Comments > SEUM- Speedrunners From Hell Announced
2. Re: SEUM- Speedrunners From Hell Announced May 10, 2016, 19:18 MajorD

bigspender wrote on May 10, 2016, 18:48:
The strafe jumping looks the SEUM as old school games.......(sorry)

Clap Well played bigspender!

News Comments > DOOM @ 200 FPS Under Vulkan
7. Re: DOOM @ 200 FPS Under Vulkan May 9, 2016, 10:56 MajorD

CJ_Parker wrote on May 9, 2016, 10:34:
200fps is not really surprising given the horrible console port garbage visuals. What's next? "News" that Pacman runs at 500fps on Vulkan? Yawn.

X2

News Comments > Battlefield 5 Title Revealed?
35. Re: Battlefield 5 Title Revealed? May 6, 2016, 19:14 MajorD

Cool trailer....must admit.

1992 Comments. 100 pages. Viewing page 6.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo