Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for MajorDICK

Real Name MajorDICK   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname MajorD
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 20, 2010, 17:07
Total Comments 2148 (Senior)
User ID 55780

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
9. Re: Original DOOM 5.25" Master Disks. Aug 18, 2017, 14:53 MajorD

Huh, these are rare. And here I thought I was cool because I had the original 3.5" diskettes.

I have Wolfenstein 3D, Spear of Destiny, Doom, Doom II, Heretic, and Hexen all in original boxes, with manuals, registration cards, etc.; all with 3.5" diskettes. It wasn't until Duke Nukem 3D they transitioned to CD-ROMs.

Now, at the point in time with digital down loads, AAA games on DVDs is becoming scarce.

Still counting...
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Lawbreakers Launches to Great Reviews, Poor Sales
31. Re: Lawbreakers Launches to Great Reviews, Poor Sales Aug 10, 2017, 14:07 MajorD

El Pit wrote on Aug 10, 2017, 11:20:
ForgedReality wrote on Aug 10, 2017, 11:13:
On a positive note, I just picked up Prey 2017 for thirty bucks. Holy shit it's totally worth it.

Prey 17 is on my wish list, but I have tooooo many games I already own and that I want to play. But I guess at $20 I will bite anyway.

Yeah, tell me about it. I had to set a rule for myself; I can only purchase a new game (on sale or not) if/when I play two unplayed games in Steam Library.

Still counting...

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
10. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Aug 4, 2017, 18:04 MajorD

HorrorScope wrote on Aug 4, 2017, 14:58:
MajorD you just need to break down those barriers you put up.

If it makes it better, think of it as a competition and at that time things work better in our heads. All the same otherwise, tripping up on a word.

I know when I played games at a competitive level locally, things got mighty intense. More like a race driver feel than a football one.

Horroscope, I have no barriers to break down on my side. If you want to call me defending the definition of "sport" a barrier, then I guess we just have to agree to disagree.

Additionally, as Nucas pointed out, cyberathlete. I forgot about that one, which also defies the true definition of an "Athlete".

Definitions from the dictionary:

Sport:

noun

An activity involving physical exertion and skill in which an individual or team competes against another or others for entertainment.

Athlete

noun

A person who is proficient in sports and other forms of physical exercise.

Again, I agree with you that video game matches can be very competitive and intense, especially organized ones that have a lot of visibility, but they're not a sport.

Still counting...

3. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Aug 4, 2017, 14:28 MajorD

HorrorScope wrote on Aug 4, 2017, 13:27:
Their is physicalness in it, depends on the scale you use. Skill, certainly at that level. It is competition by who we know are the best at something in the world. AKA they'd cream you if you challenged them.

I was on a station and later in the background it broke into e-sports on tv. I kept a little track of it, it wasn't bad at all. Not saying it will be something I'd follow, but it wasn't something terribad. I mean we've all seen some of the things on the tube right?

Agreed, no doubt I'd get owned by some skilled pro gamer, but I'd also have my ass handed to me going up against someone in a real/true "sport" like college and/or pro basketball, football, soccer, etc.

But a "sport" is an activity involving physical laborious exertion and skill, but moving around and clicking mouse and pressing keys on a keyboard doesn't involve physical laborious "exertion".

Still counting...

1. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Aug 4, 2017, 11:00 MajorD

Rolleyes

Definition of Sport:

NOUN

an activity involving physical exertion and skill in which an individual or team competes against another or others for entertainment:
"team sports such as baseball and soccer" ∑
synonyms: physical recreation ∑ physical activity ∑ physical exercise ∑ athletics ∑ pastime

Call it an eSport all you want, playing an F'ing video game is not a sport!!! How about vGaming?!

Still counting...

News Comments > Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus Videos
4. Re: Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus Videos Aug 2, 2017, 11:28 MajorD

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Aug 2, 2017, 06:52:
Well, I'm definitely interested in the game, but what the hell is this thing game companies are doing now, spoiling their own games? Who do they think they are, the movie trailer industry?

*Not watching the videos, obviously.

I'm with you on that. I don't want to know anything about the game going into it.

Still counting...

News Comments > BioShock Remastered macOS Plans
1. Re: BioShock Remastered macOS Plans Aug 2, 2017, 11:24 MajorD

Wasn't the windows release of this uninspired and a flop?

Still counting...

9. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 1, 2017, 16:35 MajorD

jdreyer wrote on Aug 1, 2017, 16:06:
Manís quest for bigger penis turns deadly.

I'm sure you all are swollen and bursting with puns about this story. So let's have them before you explode.

Whata DICK!

Still counting...

News Comments > ARK Gold; Full Release Delayed
5. Re: ARK Gold; Full Release Delayed Jul 31, 2017, 12:11 MajorD

Rhett wrote on Jul 31, 2017, 11:51:
Oh, don't worry.. they'll find a way to shame themselves in the future. Bad enough there's already two ARK-esque clones (Dark and Light + The Citadel, I think it's called, made by the Chinese company the bought the studio - Snail Games or something). Dark and Light was half-made by the Wildcard devs too, and uses a lot of the same or similar assets, sounds, UI, etc. Slightly different game, more of an MMO feel, but yeah.

Pretty mucky.

Wow, much sleazier than I knew. Glad I had zero interest in ARK.....

Still counting...

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
1. Re: Honolulu targets 'smartphone zombies' with crosswalk ban. Jul 31, 2017, 11:44 MajorD

Unbelievable, now they have to pass legislation to protect idiots that canít stop looking at their cellphones while crossing the street.

It's scary to think where our society will be in 50 years.....

Still counting...

News Comments > ARK Gold; Full Release Delayed
2. Re: ARK Gold; Full Release Delayed Jul 31, 2017, 11:36 MajorD

What, not another shameful charged DLC release while it was still in Early Access?

Still counting...

11. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 28, 2017, 13:58 MajorD

jdreyer wrote on Jul 28, 2017, 12:20:
Mr. Tact wrote on Jul 28, 2017, 11:52:
Apologies in advance for an unprompted political opinion. Skip this to avoid politics.

Wow, Lindsay Graham and others stand up and admit "the skinny bill as policy is a disaster" -- and yet Graham votes for the bill. Only the Ds, Collins, Murkowski and McCain vote against it. A defeat by a single vote. I was not necessarily surprised, but I was slightly disappointed. I thought perhaps more of the GOP members would "see the light".

Congratulations to Collins, Murkowski and McCain for actually putting their constituents ahead of their party. The battle isn't over. Now the Ds have to manage to stop the GOP from gutting the ACA through funding measures and whatever other means they can find. Already governors are concerned because administration officials have not indicated if they will supply the funds which are used to supplement ACA insurance plans after the end of this month.

Still pissed at McCain for voting to proceed with debate on this bill, but at least he did the right thing here. Still it's mind boggling that a bunch of the other Repubs, who have millions of constituents that rely on the ACA and Medicaid are supporting it. Thinking of people like Heller (NV) whose own governor is opposed to these bills since 10% of his state will lose insurance.

The stupidest thing here is the way they're going about it: no debate, no plan, no actual thought put into what's best for the country, just "WE MUST OVERTURN THE KENYAN MUSLIM COMMUNIST HEALTHCARE BILL."

Fuck the GOP.

Well, I must say, if Obama wasn't in such a hurry to make his mark with Obama Care (ACA), and they (Obama & Democrats) would have taken the time necessary to put a more intelligent and comprehensive plan together before shoving it down the American people's throats, maybe it wouldn't be as fucked up as it is. And now, with the Democrats and Republicans not being able to agree on anything to make the much needed improvements isn't making it any better. So, no, fuck emí both (Democrats and Republicans).

I have a close friend that works in health care system since the Obama administration, and he has numerous stories about all the wasteful government spending through Obama care is sickening. So, obviously no checks and balances were put in place. It's no wonder I have to pay over $1,200.00/month for mid-level plan for just my wife and I (no kids). To pour salt on the wounds, my primary Physician told me, during my last check-up, that my coverage is not any better than someone who is on welfare.

So, hopefully it doesnít get any worse before it gets better. Both parties need to work together to incorporate all the needed checks and balances and reform it for the better of all Americans (Paying and Non-Paying).

If all these Politicians had to be on the same health care plan as most Americans are, maybe they would work harder and better with each other to make it better for everyone.

Still counting...

News Comments > Standalone Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered
3. Re: Standalone Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered Jul 28, 2017, 01:16 MajorD

Twirls finger in the air..........

Still counting...

News Comments > Dead Alliance Open Beta
1. Re: Dead Alliance Open Beta Jul 27, 2017, 17:15 MajorD

VR or no VR, it certainly looks more promising the Crisis Action.

Still counting...

News Comments > Morning Previews
7. Re: Morning Previews Jul 27, 2017, 13:11 MajorD

Retired wrote on Jul 27, 2017, 10:26:
Creston wrote on Jul 27, 2017, 10:14:

-snip-

-snip-

I didn't purchase or play NO or OB until well after their release, and picked them up on a killer Steam sale last year. I have always been a fan of the Wolfenstein franchise, but following the prior release, my expectations were 'very' low. That said, I was pleasantly surprised with both NO & OB and enjoyed them a lot more than I anticipated.

Yeah, I could dissect both games down to their pros and cons, but as Creston pointed out, I think it was the story line and awesome level designs that enabled me to overlook both games' shortcomings.

Still counting...

6. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 27, 2017, 11:51 MajorD

I really liked both seasons of True Detective, but S1 was certainly better. Here's hoping S3 is popular enough to keep the series going.

Thanks Blue for re-re-re-re-affirming the plan for a Deadwood movie and keeping that dream alive.

I'm ready for S2 of Westworld, but it is still a bit of a wait (2018).

Still counting...

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
2. Re: Over a million Americans quit Twitter in just three months. Jul 27, 2017, 11:45 MajorD

The only usefulness/advantage of Twitter that I have found is if a particular website is down, it would redirect you to a substitute page on twitter.com/ where it would have status information on the reason it was down and the anticipated time until it was backup. I didn't come across this very often, but when I did, it was certainly informative. Other than that Twitter is a TWOT!

Still counting...

News Comments > Crisis Action VR Early Access
2. Re: Crisis Action VR Early Access Jul 25, 2017, 12:54 MajorD

WEAK!

Still counting...

1. Re: The Deadwood Movie Takes Another Step Toward Actually Happening Jul 21, 2017, 10:15 MajorD

Keeping the hope alive one-click bait at a time......

Still counting...

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
2. Re: Official Trailer For Netflix's Bright Jul 21, 2017, 10:08 MajorD

Other than the silly opening scene, it looks like it could be pretty good and worth giving a try.

Still counting...

2148 Comments. 108 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo