Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Bend, OR 04/29

Regularly scheduled events

User information for MajorDICK

Real Name MajorDICK   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname MajorD
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 20, 2010, 17:07
Total Comments 2100 (Senior)
User ID 55780

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Everything Released
2. Re: Everything Released Apr 22, 2017, 14:35 MajorD

jdreyer wrote on Apr 22, 2017, 13:25:
* watches video *

WTF did I just watch?

E V E R Y T H I N G!

Still counting...
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Prey Trailer
16. Re: Prey Trailer Apr 20, 2017, 13:25 MajorD

Burrito of Peace wrote on Apr 20, 2017, 07:59:
All the whining aside, I couldn't put my finger on what bugged me a bit about this game until this trailer.

You have Generic Scientist A holding a coffee cup while talking to Generic Scientist B. Generic Scientist A's coffee cup suddenly morphs itself in to an alien that attacks and, presumably, kills him.

The killing part doesn't bother me, what bothers me is that there's no way that alien could mimic the coffee cup without the cup itself becoming incredibly heavy. Assuming the alien has mass, the density would become unreal when packing it down from something that looks about 3' tall and 2.75' wide (from extremity to extremity) down to the size of that cup.

The other option is that the alien creature has very little mass so that the density wouldn't significantly change. That, too, provides a problem because then your projectile based weapons with the apparently high muzzle velocity would rip them to shreds in very short order. Even the average strength of the human hand and arm would be able to pull them off of you, wad them in to a ball, keep them there, and then blow them out the airlock.

I don't know if you were being facetious or not, but either way I got a good chuckle out of your post.

Still counting...

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
6. Re: Morning Mobilization Apr 17, 2017, 17:25 MajorD

RedEye9 wrote on Apr 17, 2017, 11:48:
All 13 windows phone users are steaming mad.

I have 1 of those 13 Windows Phones (Lumia 950XL). Don't knock them until you try it (if you haven't). I've used iPhones and Androids; each one has there positives and negatives, but I've liked the WP the best. I have/use the whole ecosystem, so everything (phone, Surface, desktop) communicates and syncs nicely. It baffles me it isn't more popular than a 3% market share.

Rumor around the virtual camp fire is that the MS Surface team has been working on a 'Surface Phone' that will - supposedly - have x86 architecture. If they can't/don't make any (enough) headway with this, I think they'll be done in the mobile market.

Still counting...

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
1. Re: There are now 11 states considering 'right to repair' bills. Apr 11, 2017, 10:46 MajorD

It's a good start, but the F'ing Loopholes though: LINK.

Still counting...

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
2. Re: 21 things we miss about old computers Apr 10, 2017, 11:35 MajorD

I wouldn't exactly say I miss those things...

Still counting...

News Comments > Out of the Blue
13. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 7, 2017, 14:29 MajorD

Creston wrote on Apr 7, 2017, 12:07:
Well, Anthony Hopkins clearly lost his mind.

I had to look at a list of Michael Bay Movies to remind me what he's done, and I have to say there were only a small handful I remember liking. They were entertaining, but I still wouldn't call them masterpieces by any stretch. Most of them are pretty cheesy as a matter of fact.

So, to call him a Genius is a stretch. But obviously a smart and hardworking man that succeeded making a great living for himself in the film industry.

Still counting...

News Comments > Dishonored 2 Demo
9. Re: Dishonored 2 Demo Apr 6, 2017, 13:36 MajorD

El Pit wrote on Apr 6, 2017, 12:30:
When I found out that there is no season pass and not planned DLC, I went ahead and bought it.

That's refreshing to hear (see).

Still counting...

18. Re: LG VR HMD Specs Apr 5, 2017, 20:45 MajorD

RedEye9 wrote on Apr 5, 2017, 19:03:
Blue wrote on Apr 5, 2017, 18:25:
Orogogus wrote on Apr 5, 2017, 17:52:
Blue wrote on Apr 5, 2017, 17:42:
Shineyguy wrote on Apr 5, 2017, 16:02:
Holy crap, slower traffic keep right. I remember watching that video maybe 10 years ago. Looks like someone reposted it as new.

Nope. It was March 18, 2016.

Here's a story about the pilots getting their well-deserved medals.

Medals or not they should still drive faster in the leftmost lane.

lol -- yeah, never mind.
originalish was uploaded May 11, 2011

Don't you hate getting stuck behind a slow driver in the left lane? Looks like this cop doesn't like it, either. He follows this Honda for a few minutes, but the guy won't get over.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZhdvl_P1Zc

Yup, I've seen proper driver etiquette slowly diminish over the years. People either don't understand, don't want to understand it, or just don't care because it's their world and we just live in it.

Still counting...

News Comments > Quake Champions Trailer
11. Re: Quake Champions Trailer Apr 5, 2017, 10:22 MajorD

Okay, wait.....is that a countdown timer icon for when the powerups and armor re-spawn? If so, that is dumbing things down a bit much, as remember having to time that in your head during intense deathmatch battles.

Still counting...

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Apr 4, 2017, 11:40 MajorD

Yup, F.E.A.R. and Half-Life had the best believable AI. I can't think of any games since that surpass the AI in those games. Anyone?

Still counting...

News Comments > Cheat Maker Owes Blizzard $8.5M
5. Re: Cheat Maker Owes Blizzard $8.5M Apr 4, 2017, 11:18 MajorD

I don't know what is worse; a company that sells cheats, or the twits who purchase them.

Still counting...

14. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 31, 2017, 22:07 MajorD

Cutter wrote on Mar 31, 2017, 20:57:
Dacote wrote on Mar 31, 2017, 18:55:
Fletch wrote on Mar 31, 2017, 16:34:
Cutter wrote on Mar 31, 2017, 14:54:
Yeah, except there are literally several billion things right here on earth that are a metric fuckton more important than space travel. Space is for selfish rich people with too much goddamned time and money on their hands.
It doesn't matter what goal, research, cause, charity, or effort a person champions, there is always some angry jackhole who thinks he/she has a better idea on how one should spend one's own time, money, and industry.

There ARE a fuck-ton of problems in the world. No one effort will solve all of them. If you feel so strongly about "doing something", choose one and trust that there are others working on the rest. It's all you can do. But this "why-are-you-angry-about-Harambe-when-children-are-starving-in-Africa?" "logic" is asinine and ignorant. It both wrongly assumes humans aren't capable of caring about many issues at once, and that humans all have (or should have) the same priorities. My list is likely way different than yours. You think space travel should be low priority? Fine. I don't really care what you think. To paraphrase an old shoe commercial, Musk is moving the species forward. What are you doing?
You've mentioned concepts too hard for the op to grasp. You will need to dumb it down for the angry and narrow-minded canuck.

Ahh the fucking idiot trolls are out in force today. Seriously Blue, you remove my post while you let the motherfuckers troll away? Fuck you man.

Such cordial words spoken from the one who claims he is a humanitarian.

Still counting...

7. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 31, 2017, 18:32 MajorD

Cutter wrote on Mar 31, 2017, 14:54:
Yeah, except there are literally several billion things right here on earth that are a metric fuckton more important than space travel. Space is for selfish rich people with too much goddamned time and money on their hands.

Come on Cutter, don't be so narrow minded. I do agree with you that there are a lot of important things here on earth we need to address too, but this planet and/or solar system isn't going to be around indefinitely. So, if the human species is going to survive and continue to exist beyond this planet/solar system, then we have to start somewhere. Re-usable rockets is another way to save costs and continue to expand space travel, and eventually interplanetary and solar system travel.

I was talking with someone not too long ago about how the Mars program continues ramping up and how exciting that is, etc., etc. They asked me, "Why, why do we need to land on Mars?". I explained that it is just the next step, of many, for our species to achieve successful space travel beyond our own solar system with hopes and dreams of sustaining the human species. I just fear we'll kill ourselves off before that is possible, but that is a WHOLE other subject.

Driven by the human spirit we have explored this planet, then the moon, our solar systems with space probes, and now the goal to land on Mars in less than three decades. It is human nature to explore.

Still counting...

News Comments > Quake Champions Closed Beta Next Week
12. Re: Quake Champions Closed Beta Next Week Mar 31, 2017, 11:13 MajorD

jimeh wrote on Mar 31, 2017, 09:08
uake Wars was made by Splash Damage, wasn't it? Who have the free2play and fairly good Dirty Bomb going atm.

Quake4 was by Raven software or something. [/quote:

^^THIS^^^

Still counting...

News Comments > Dean Hall's Stationeers Revealed
9. Re: Dean Hall's Stationeers Revealed Mar 30, 2017, 15:22 MajorD

So it has been almost 2.5 years since he departed Bohemia Interactive (November 2014), and DayZ (Standalone Version) is still in 'early access'. Sad. WTF are they still doing?

Still counting...

2. Re: Out of the Blue - Flat Earth... Mar 29, 2017, 10:50 MajorD

Well, Marijuana is becoming legal in more and more states....

Still counting...

News Comments > Videogame Hall of Fame Finalists
1. Re: Videogame Hall of Fame Finalists Mar 29, 2017, 10:46 MajorD

WTF is Snuggle Truck?!?!

Still counting...

News Comments > MS Forcing Win10 on Latest CPUs?
4. Re: MS Forcing Win10 on Latest CPUs? Mar 16, 2017, 11:20 MajorD

At this rate, Linux may be looking a nice alternative sooner than later.

Still counting...

News Comments > Steam Top 10
31. Re: Steam Top 10 Mar 13, 2017, 10:58 MajorD

Verno wrote on Mar 13, 2017, 08:55:
In case anyone was wondering, Wildlands is a soulless piece of shit. Same shitty formula from Far Cry with outposts combined with the Ubisoft Terrain Generator 2.0. The world feels empty and pointless, much like your generic and repetitive objectives in it.

It is a bad game.

Thanks for the confirmation. My friend had a boner for this for months, it was all he could talk about as the next game he couldn't wait for, pre-ordered it and the whole shebang, but I had zero interest. I figured I would at least try the open beta, which I did, and that confirmed my decision. And now your post reinforced that.

Still counting...

News Comments > Quake Champions Will Be Free-to-Play
4. Re: Quake Champions Will Be Free-to-Play Mar 10, 2017, 21:52 MajorD

/twirls finger in the air...

Still counting...

2100 Comments. 105 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo