Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL, USA, IL 01/27
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for MajorDICK

Real Name MajorDICK   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname MajorD
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 20, 2010, 17:07
Total Comments 2232 (Senior)
User ID 55780

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
6. Re: The Farthest: Voyager in Space Dec 11, 2017, 14:36 MajorD

RedEye9 wrote on Dec 11, 2017, 12:06:
If you get a chance to watch http://www.pbs.org/the-farthest/home/ you won't be disappointed. To think that both Voyagers will still be hurtling through space long after our sun is a brown dwarf boggles the mind.

And thankfully among the 115 pictures pressed into the gold record, not one is of the naked human body showing the naughty parts. Evangelicals gotta protect sensitive aliens from earthen pr0n amirite.

Cool! Thanks for that link RedEye9. Thumbsup

Still counting...
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
8. Re: RAM Matters: How Much Do You Need for Gaming? 4GB, 8GB, 16GB or 32GB. Dec 11, 2017, 12:46 MajorD

Creston wrote on Dec 11, 2017, 12:41:
MajorD wrote on Dec 11, 2017, 10:45:
GTK, as I'm spec'ing out my next system and I am considering going up from 16GB to 32GB this time.

I'd not spend the money on it right now, unless an extra 200 bucks is piddly cash for you. There are almost no games that'll use it, basically.

Okay, thank you for the advise, much appreciated. I could always add more later if/when it can be utilized. Thumbsup

Still counting...

3. Re: Morning Tech Bits Dec 11, 2017, 11:40 MajorD

RedEye9 wrote on Dec 11, 2017, 11:08:
Depends on your video card. Like the article said, if you spent $700+ on a gpu than 32 gb is a no-brainer.
But as it stands today you will not see or "feel" a difference with that extra ram.
But there's always tomorrow.

Yeah. I'm running a GTX 1080 now, so 32GB it will most likely be. My i7-2600K has served me well for almost 7 years now, but it's just about time to retire it.

Still counting...

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
4. Re: Morning Metaverse Dec 11, 2017, 11:36 MajorD

RedEye9 wrote on Dec 11, 2017, 11:00:
Fox Noise, Fakebook, Republicant's and the Dotus. They all are responsible for societies decline.

Don't forget CNN, MSNBC, and the Democrats. They're all slanted one way or another.

Still counting...

1. Re: RAM Matters: How Much Do You Need for Gaming? 4GB, 8GB, 16GB or 32GB. Dec 11, 2017, 10:45 MajorD

GTK, as I'm spec'ing out my next system and I am considering going up from 16GB to 32GB this time.

Still counting...

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
1. Re: Former Facebook exec says social media is ripping apart society. Dec 11, 2017, 10:39 MajorD

'Ripping apart' is a bit extreme, but it certainly isn't doing society any good.

Still counting...

News Comments > GTFO Trailer
7. Re: etc. Dec 9, 2017, 12:28 MajorD

Still counting...

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
14. Re: Morning Consolidation Dec 7, 2017, 00:31 MajorD

Creston wrote on Dec 6, 2017, 23:40:
MajorD wrote on Dec 6, 2017, 17:41:
Creston wrote on Dec 6, 2017, 17:36:
Flo wrote on Dec 6, 2017, 16:20:
this, I will never forgive Sony for this. Say what you will but Microsoft knows its security and they never had a major incident like this.

Ahem

Cough

Hurgh

etc etc etc.

All other things you said, sure. It's a nice box.

Yeah, because Microsoft is the 'ONLY' company the suffers from these breach issues. Rolleyes

Where do I say that? Flo said Microsoft had never suffered from these issues, which is laughable, so I linked just the first three I found in a 5 second google search.

But that sure is a nice little straw man you're rolling your eyes at there.

My bad Creston I read through post too fast, and misunderstood, and was fired up about something else at the time. Mea Culpa

Still counting...

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
9. Re: Morning Consolidation Dec 6, 2017, 17:41 MajorD

Creston wrote on Dec 6, 2017, 17:36:
Flo wrote on Dec 6, 2017, 16:20:
this, I will never forgive Sony for this. Say what you will but Microsoft knows its security and they never had a major incident like this.

Ahem

Cough

Hurgh

etc etc etc.

All other things you said, sure. It's a nice box.

Yeah, because Microsoft is the 'ONLY' company the suffers from these breach issues. Rolleyes

Still counting...

News Comments > Morning Patches
1. Re: Fallout 4 Horizon 1.4 mod overhauls gameplay mechanics, redesigns systems & enhances overall exp Dec 6, 2017, 17:04 MajorD

The Horizon mod is awesome, and gets better with each release/update. I have been playing with the Horizon Mod on my second Fallout 4 play through and it improves the game tenfold. And the new Architect v1.0.0 add on is an awesome recent addition.

The Mod author is continually updating it and is very active with the community. Definitely worth checking out for your next play through, but I do suggest reading the <Description> page and the author's <Articles> section to give you a good understanding of what the mod does before just jumping in blind.

This comment was edited on Dec 6, 2017, 17:45.

Still counting...

News Comments > Into the Black
2. Re: Into the Black Dec 5, 2017, 20:43 MajorD

Of the ones I've seen, Here's my opinion:

- Stranger Things: great show, but way over-hyped.

- District 9: Overrated.

- Shakespeare In Love: Overrated.

- Django: WAY, WAY Overrated!

- Breakfast Club: Good movie, good message, but yeah, it's overrated.

- Karate Kid: Good movie, but yeah, it's overrated.

- Interstellar: I thought it was as good, or better than the ratings.

- Scarface: No way you CockaRoaches, it's NOT overrated.

- Full Metal Jacket: I never considered it to be overrated or over-hyped, but good movie. JOKERS! But, it was like two different movies in one.

- Braveheart: No, not overrated. Remember when it didn't do well in the theaters upon its initial release, but when they re-released it in the theaters it rocked it?!

- Back to the Future: F$&K YOU, this is 'not' overrated!!!

- Gone with the Wind: Meh, I don't think it was overrated 'for its time', no.

- The Dark Knight: No, not over-hyped. It may be perceived as being overhyped because of all the attention the film received around Heath Ledger's death (may he rest in piece). But no, not overrated.

This comment was edited on Dec 5, 2017, 20:56.

Still counting...

26. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 2, 2017, 19:56 MajorD

Mr. Tact wrote on Dec 2, 2017, 19:45:

Yep. Something I knew ('cause I'm a nerd and I watch the science shows) but I assume is not widely known, the information we got from Voyager totally changed the definition of what the solar system is, and where it ends. Saw somewhere that in 40,000 years, both Voyagers will be within 2 light years of other stars...

Yeah, I'm a nerd that way too. Fascinating stuff, and we know so much more now than we did 40 years ago, and know so little now compared to what we'll know in 50 years, and beyond if we don't die from our own greenhouse effects.

Also, did you see the 60 Minutes segment on the Hubble Space Telescope several weeks before? That was good one too.

Still counting...

23. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 2, 2017, 19:06 MajorD

Mr. Tact wrote on Dec 2, 2017, 18:45:
Did you all see the recent 60 Minutes segment on Voyager? Some great stats were given.

Your smart phone has 240,000 times more memory and 100,000 times more processing power than Voyager.

The transmitter uses less power than a refrigerator light bulb.

The planet alignment which allowed the chain of planet gravity assists, greatly reducing the travel time, happens once every 176 years.

It is without a stunning achievement.

Yes, it was a great segment. The mathematician, can't remember his name ATM, that calculated the sling-shotting of both Voyagers around the other planets is just amazing.

What blows me away, is that it has been traveling at almost 40,000 MPH for just over 40 years now, and Voyager 1 is just barely outside our solar system, and Voyager 2 is in the heliosphere. Now, our solar system is just a dot in Orion's arm of the Milky way galaxy, which is70,000 (70,000 years for light to travel from earth to the center of the Milky Way galaxy. And then you think about there being billions of other galaxies in the ever growing universe. It just makes my brain twitch thinking how small and insignificant we really are.....

This comment was edited on Dec 2, 2017, 19:50.

Still counting...

15. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 2, 2017, 17:16 MajorD

Happy Birthday Redwood!

Still counting...

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
2. Re: Amazon patents self-destructing drone that falls apart in an emergency Dec 1, 2017, 12:14 MajorD

Since the announcement of Amazon using drones for deliveries, I haven't been able to stop thinking about all the different scenarios of people trying to take them down for either the sport of it and/or to steel its cargo as the delivery service evolves. It will be interesting.....

Still counting...

News Comments > DayZ Beta and Release Planned for 2018
9. Re: DayZ Beta and Release Planned for 2018 Dec 1, 2017, 12:09 MajorD

Both the BETA update and any further 0.63 updates, up to 1.0, will happen in 2018, which is shaping up to be one of the most important years for DayZ. And by that time, even more people will have moved on.....

Still counting...

News Comments > EA Still Wants Microtransactions in Star Wars Battlefront II
38. Re: EA Still Wants Microtransactions in Star Wars Battlefront II Nov 29, 2017, 18:08 MajorD

What an clueless F'ing AssPipe!!!

Still counting...

10. Re: Master and Commander: The Far Side of the World Nov 28, 2017, 14:24 MajorD

Mr. Tact wrote on Nov 28, 2017, 13:46:
MajorD wrote on Nov 28, 2017, 13:00:
This and Gladiator are probably my favorite from Russell Crow movies.
He has made a couple of good role choices over the years. In addition to those two:

Body of Lies
A Beautiful Mind
L.A. Confidential
Les MisÚrables

Totally agree, but if I had to choose, Master and Commander: The Far Side of the World & Gladiator would be my favorites.

Still counting...

News Comments > Square Enix on the Future of Deus Ex
10. Re: Square Enix on the Future of Deus Ex Nov 28, 2017, 14:23 MajorD

Burrito of Peace wrote on Nov 28, 2017, 14:12:
I finished MD but only in the sense that it was more of a hatefuck than an enjoyable desire.

Hilarious analogy, I got a good chuckle out of that one.

Still counting...

6. Re: Master and Commander: The Far Side of the World Nov 28, 2017, 13:00 MajorD

A sequel to Master and Commander: The Far Side of the World is definitely welcoming news. A great story displaying true grit, tactics, and reliance on instincts and intelligence w/o modern technology. Yeah, it's hard to believe it has been 14 years already.

This and Gladiator are probably my favorite from Russell Crow movies.

Still counting...

2232 Comments. 112 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo