Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for MajorDICK

Real Name MajorDICK   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname MajorD
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 20, 2010, 17:07
Total Comments 1991 (Pro)
User ID 55780

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
6. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 26, 2016, 18:54 MajorD

RedEye9 wrote on Sep 25, 2016, 12:41:
WestWorld has to be good or else.

IMO, HBO rarely puts out a bad series, so there's hope there.

"My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry S. Truman
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Oculus Facing Political Backlash [Updated]
3. Re: Oculus Facing Political Backlash Sep 23, 2016, 20:57 MajorD

Rolleyes

"My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry S. Truman

News Comments > Star Citizen Examined
5. Re: Star Citizen Examined Sep 23, 2016, 10:46 MajorD

...Have things been mismanaged?

DUH!!!

20. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 19, 2016, 17:34 MajorD

jdreyer wrote on Sep 19, 2016, 14:14:
Cutter wrote on Sep 19, 2016, 14:01:
jdreyer wrote on Sep 19, 2016, 13:56:
Cutter wrote on Sep 19, 2016, 10:51:
You know, it's funny. Whenever I'm downtown I see the people lined up for the food bank they're all smoking. So they can afford $15 for a pack a day but not food? Yeah. Ok.

I bet a lot of those folks are also paying $15 for a hit of smack. That's the nature of addiction: it becomes priority number one. And by many accounts, nicotine is even more addictive than heroin.

I smoked off an on for 20 years. I quit cold turkey 5 years ago and haven't smoked since. And at points when I was young and broke it was never a question of priorities. It's called willpower. Life's about choices. Sometimes I must say no to my desires in order to know I'm truly free.

It's physiologically easier to quit when you're older. And most people do, naturally. Also, not everyone can be as great a human being as a Cutter.

Everyone's body chemistry make-up is different, so some people can become more addicted than others. On that note, it is interesting how some people can live their lives majorly drinking and smoking, with poor diets and live into their 80s and 90s, and then there are some that don't drink or smoke, have a healthy diet and life style, and keel over at a much earlier age.

When our number comes up, it just comes up I guess......

News Comments > Digital Homicide Sues Steam Users; Gets Dropped by Valve
4. Re: Digital Homicide Sues Steam Users; Gets Dropped by Valve Sep 17, 2016, 13:17 MajorD

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Sep 17, 2016, 13:12:
What the hell, suing the users for $18 million? Is that a joke?

For negative reviews? I swear Congress just passed a law relating to retribution against negative reviews on Yelp or something, like a week or two ago. (in the US)

Yeah, I heard a snippet of that too, but can't remember the details. It's absurd!

5. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 16, 2016, 13:25 MajorD

Happy Friday all!

Okay, so my wife and I just finished plowing through the HBO miniseries 'The Night of'. All and all, we really liked it, but certain aspects of the show felt rushed, which I would guess was due to budget constraints. That's where creative editing comes in, which was well done too.

Now I anxiously await the premier of Westworld.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
1. Nvidia GTX 1080Ti Specification leak? Sep 15, 2016, 20:01 MajorD

HHHMMMMMM.....I wonder how legit it is; 4GB more of VRAM vs vanilla 1080, higher power consumption, and lower base & boost frequencies. /shrug

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
23. Re: Evening Tech Bits Sep 15, 2016, 15:17 MajorD

I've always/still download GeForce Drivers from Nvidia w/o any login, do a custom install and choose the minimum (Graphics Driver and PhysX System Software only), uncheck the rest of the bloatware, and walla!

Regardless, it is pretty much a moot point with all the other information that is gathered by a lot of other devices/software everyone uses: Google, Apple, Microsoft (whipping boy), Creative, etc. etc.

Granted, you can be conscientious of what you're installing, settings, what you're agreeing to, etc., but living in this day and age, there is going to be data collection one way or another.

Please pass the beer nuts......

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
1. Re: Best CPU for gaming guide - PCGamesN Sep 14, 2016, 12:15 MajorD

Still running strong with my i7-2600K overclocked at 4.9Ghz. With video card upgrades, I have had no need to upgrade CPU/MB. I'll probably be able to get away with 'one more' video card upgrade (GTX-1080ti) before I'll have to upgrade my CPU/MB/Memory.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
8. Re: The long battle between gaming PCs and game consoles is over, and the PCs won. Sep 14, 2016, 11:59 MajorD

SpectralMeat wrote on Sep 14, 2016, 11:54:
MajorD wrote on Sep 14, 2016, 11:51:
It was never a contest.

Apparently it was, for people that didn't know any better.

...it was 'figuratively speaking', as in 'No contest!'.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
5. Re: The long battle between gaming PCs and game consoles is over, and the PCs won. Sep 14, 2016, 11:51 MajorD

It was never a contest.

News Comments > Dean Hall's New Multiplayer Game
4. Re: Dean Hall's New Multiplayer Game Sep 14, 2016, 11:03 MajorD

....."For that reason I'm going to be pretty coy about exact specifics of it - also because of expectations and how experimental we are at the moment. I need to be deliberately coy....

So why bring any of this up in the first place then Dean?

News Comments > BioShock: The Collection PC Upgrades Detailed
21. Re: BioShock: The Collection PC Upgrades Detailed Sep 10, 2016, 14:02 MajorD

RedEye9 wrote on Sep 10, 2016, 09:53:
MacLeod wrote on Sep 9, 2016, 23:16:
eRe4s3r wrote on Sep 9, 2016, 21:50:
RedEye9 wrote on Sep 9, 2016, 21:31:
If you don't get the copy i wouldn't sweat it.
From what I've seen the pc remastered rereleased version don't look that different from the original, another reason why it's probably free if you own the game

Any comparison shots remaster vs normal version yet?

https://www.reddit.com/r/Bioshock/comments/4qio3c/bioshock_remaster_comparison_screenshots/

Thanks for those, the comments in that thread align with my thoughts.
I did not see where it said if those were console or pc shots. In a few days we will know

To me, it looks like nothing more than a SweetFX/ReShade injector version.

News Comments > BioShock: The Collection PC Upgrades Detailed
1. Re: BioShock: The Collection PC Upgrades Detailed Sep 9, 2016, 20:32 MajorD

Sleeping

News Comments > DOOM Update Plans
12. Re: DOOM Update Plans Sep 9, 2016, 16:29 MajorD

RedEye9 wrote on Sep 9, 2016, 14:50:
JediPunisher wrote on Sep 9, 2016, 14:44:
CJ_Parker wrote on Sep 9, 2016, 14:18:
then git gud bro!!
Doom's MP is too shallow to warrant the time to git gud.
That's if dooms mp was any gud in the first place.

Gud point.

News Comments > Homefront: The Revolution Free Weekend
8. Re: Homefront: The Revolution Free Weekend Sep 9, 2016, 11:47 MajorD

Well, it sounds like this game is potentially a flop, which is too bad, as I was looking forward to it making up for the shortcomings and abrupt ending of the first one. Both had potential.....

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
1. Re: Morning Safety Dance Sep 9, 2016, 11:04 MajorD

In the longer run, we'll need "quantum-safe" cryptography tools, he said, including protocols that can run on conventional technologies and resist quantum attacks.

Wow, yeah, I guess that would be a serious concern, among others. Interesting......

News Comments > Deus Ex Mankind Divided Patch Adds DX12
8. Re: Deus Ex Mankind Divided Patch Adds DX12 Sep 8, 2016, 12:04 MajorD

So its pretty much like parsley on your dinner plate.

9. Re: Terminator 2 Remake w/ Joseph Baena. Sep 7, 2016, 15:32 MajorD

VaranDragon wrote on Sep 7, 2016, 13:40:
jdreyer wrote on Sep 7, 2016, 13:31:
VaranDragon wrote on Sep 7, 2016, 11:50:
Just finished Deus Ex Mankind Divided. Seriously, the ending sucked balls. Felt like the game ended about 3/4 of the way through. Also the credits roll on for about 15 minutes and there is no way to stop them other than to CTRL+ALT+DEL and force the program to shut down...I mean they roll on so long that the ending "theme" song loops about 3 times...

We're proud of our work! You WILL watch every name who built this best game in history!

Yeah, and I even wouldn't mind that so much if the ending was a satisfying conclusion to the story. But damn, its like (without spoilers) thats it? For fuck's sake they even got Adam Jensen griping about not being done with anything in the last cutscene, and if that's not the height of irony I don't know what is...

That's the 'hook' to get Gamers to purchase the DLC. Shrewd acts of Publishers at their best!

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
3. Re: Morning Safety Dance Sep 7, 2016, 12:30 MajorD

Cutter wrote on Sep 7, 2016, 12:26:
Show me just one first world nation that isn't a surveillance state and I'll happily move there. Doesn't matter where you go in the first world anywhere, Big Brother is everywhere.

Yup, and I think the UK still has the most video surveillance per captita than any other country.

1991 Comments. 100 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo