Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for MajorDICK

Real Name MajorDICK   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname MajorD
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 20, 2010, 17:07
Total Comments 2192 (Senior)
User ID 55780

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
3. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 22, 2017, 17:15 MajorD

NKD wrote on Oct 22, 2017, 14:26:
I always love how this is literally the only site where I see anyone talk about baseball. Basically zero discussion on any of my other gaming hideouts, in stark contrast to what happens as we come up on the NFL playoffs.

Still counting...
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
10. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 13, 2017, 12:12 MajorD

Red wrote on Oct 13, 2017, 10:44:
So Facebook openly and officially commits to being racist. Couldnít they just happen to appoint a black board member and say he/she was the best fit for the job? Canít we at least maintain the illusion that all races should have equal potential and opportunity? Any black person who accepts that token position now is doing a disservice to promoting real equality.

Advertising a person's race is pretty much counterintuitive to it all.

Still counting...

2. Re: Obesity among all US adults reaches all-time high Oct 13, 2017, 10:56 MajorD

Wow, at this point I would have thought there was more awareness of this epidemic, and it would have reduced by now. Our society has become too soft and lazy, eats too much processed foods, no meal time portion control, and little to no exercise, which is a recipe for disaster. Constantly jacked into their devices, binge watching, and eating overly processed snack foods in the process doesn't help matters either.

Simple formula: Diet and Exercise. And when I say diet, I don't mean one of the past or latest fad diets pushed on us by that multi-billion dollar industry, I mean eat more foods that are from the source (whole foods, no processed foods); fresh fruits, fresh vegetables, nuts, grains, etc. And portion control; don't overeat at meal time.

Still counting...

1. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 13, 2017, 10:40 MajorD

Bummer Blue. I hope you're feeling better sooner than later.

Still counting...

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
6. Re: Morning Tech Bits Oct 10, 2017, 15:11 MajorD

Yeah, because Groove is better. Rolleyes Another thoughtless move by MS. At least it is still there to be installed if you want it.

Still counting...

6. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 9, 2017, 12:12 MajorD

Happy Anniversary Blue!

Thank you for 21 great years of gaming/tech news.

Cheers!

Still counting...

News Comments > GTA Online Adding Modes and a Bat-Tacular Car
3. Re: GTA Online Adding Modes and a Bat-Tacular Car Oct 7, 2017, 12:52 MajorD

Creston wrote on Oct 7, 2017, 12:36:
I remember a time when this game was about crime and heists and such, instead of basically now being HotWheels Online.

So what's their plan for RDR2 Online? Within six months it'll be Minecraft?

They've been adding both; heists and racing shtuff. So, if racing isn't your thing, you can play the online heights/missions, among numerous other things.

Here's a list I found of all the online content they've released since the game launched in April of 2015 for the PC. So, there is a good mixture of released content that's just not for racing.

This comment was edited on Oct 7, 2017, 13:07.

Still counting...

3. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 7, 2017, 11:40 MajorD

Yeah, cleaning all those windows yourself, especially the high ones, would have been a real pane.

Sorry, someone had to post it.

Don't worry, I won't be here all day.....

Still counting...

News Comments > GTA Online Adding Modes and a Bat-Tacular Car
1. Re: GTA Online Adding Modes and a Bat-Tacular Car Oct 7, 2017, 11:36 MajorD

Should be fun/interesting.

Anyone that hasn't played the not-so-new-anymore-Stunt Maps, should give them a try, they're a lot of fun.

Still counting...

1. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 6, 2017, 10:16 MajorD

Maybe the coffee hasn't kicked in and/or it has been a long week, but what am I missing in the

Video of man falling over for 9 seconds has surprise ending. video?

Still counting...

6. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 4, 2017, 11:09 MajorD

I'll eat Mexican food any day of the week. I don't need no stinking National Taco Day!

Still counting...

News Comments > Skyrim Creation Club Launches with Survival Mode
4. Re: Skyrim Creation Club Launches with Survival Mode Oct 4, 2017, 11:06 MajorD

Acleacius wrote on Oct 4, 2017, 10:47:
Isn't all this bullshit (creation club) what's causing the Skyrim Script Extender from working, which prevents the majority of real mods from working?

Yes, from what I understand it is.

One of the good features about the 'Survival Mode', in comparison to FO4 (which they should have done), is that when you select 'Survival Mode', you can also select a difficulty level. But, from what I understand, that even gets boogered due to mod conflicts.

F'ing 'Creation Club' was/is a bad decision for generating more revenue. DICKS!

Still counting...

3. Re: Netflix Films Could Change Oscar Rules. Oct 3, 2017, 14:46 MajorD

jdreyer wrote on Oct 3, 2017, 14:22:
MajorD wrote on Oct 3, 2017, 11:27:
Hmmmmm, interesting dilemma. But simply put, movies are movies, actors are actors, and award winning acting is award winning acting, award winning special effects is award winning special effects, etc. etc. Should it really matter if it is a Netflix, Prime, and/or Hulu movie that wasn't released in the theaters?

Are they just concerned their closed circle is going to be invaded?

Fair enough, but there needs to be some criteria: must tell a complete story, must be viewable in a single sitting, etc. That OJ series was like 8 hours long, and should have competed for Emmys, not Oscars.

I totally agree.

Still counting...

5. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 3, 2017, 12:02 MajorD

sauron wrote on Oct 3, 2017, 11:50:
Oh, and isn't is 'preceded' rather than 'proceeded'? Just asking.

Yes, I noticed that too.

Still counting...

1. Re: Netflix Films Could Change Oscar Rules. Oct 3, 2017, 11:27 MajorD

Hmmmmm, interesting dilemma. But simply put, movies are movies, actors are actors, and award winning acting is award winning acting, award winning special effects is award winning special effects, etc. etc. Should it really matter if it is a Netflix, Prime, and/or Hulu movie that wasn't released in the theaters?

Are they just concerned their closed circle is going to be invaded?

Still counting...

14. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 2, 2017, 16:18 MajorD

Tom Petty; hope he pulls through.

This comment was edited on Oct 2, 2017, 20:52.

Still counting...

9. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 2, 2017, 14:27 MajorD

NKD wrote on Oct 2, 2017, 13:42:
Terrible shit. Evidently the shooter was a normal 63 year old white guy, retired accountant, with no criminal history and barely a parking ticket on his record.

No clear motivations yet apparently. Wonder what set him off? These are the worst kinds of shooters because it's hard to imagine how you could possibly prevent someone who appears to be an upstanding citizen with a clean record from doing this.

My heart really goes out to the victims and their families, because I couldn't imagine if I or any of my family/friends were in tangled up that tragedy.

Yeah, it's strange, and it just makes you wonder WTF made him snap like that. I'm curious what will come out of the further investigations.

Still counting...

News Comments > Op Ed
13. Re: Op Ed Sep 29, 2017, 15:05 MajorD

jdreyer wrote on Sep 29, 2017, 12:26:
HoSpanky wrote on Sep 29, 2017, 11:45:
Creston wrote on Sep 29, 2017, 11:36:
Everyone who keeps buying loot boxes is contributing to this BS. And there's a ton of these mouthbreathers, so it's not going to go away.

Do adults actually buy this crap, or is it kids who are far more concerned by what a non-gameplay-affecting avatar looks like?

Kids buy this crap by begging their disconnected parents for $$$.

Edit: Ninja'd by MajorD
That being said, I am sure there are some adults, especially those with more money and less time that do buy these.

Sorry jdreyer.

Still counting...

News Comments > Op Ed
7. Re: Op Ed Sep 29, 2017, 11:59 MajorD

HoSpanky wrote on Sep 29, 2017, 11:45:
Creston wrote on Sep 29, 2017, 11:36:
Everyone who keeps buying loot boxes is contributing to this BS. And there's a ton of these mouthbreathers, so it's not going to go away.

Do adults actually buy this crap, or is it kids who are far more concerned by what a non-gameplay-affecting avatar looks like?

I would 'hope' it is kids buying them via mommy's and daddy's wallet.

Still counting...

3. Re: Hugh Hefner, Playboy founder, dead at 91, magazine confirms. Sep 28, 2017, 11:51 MajorD

Hugh.....RIP, I'm sure you died with a smile on your face.

Still counting...

2192 Comments. 110 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo