Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for MajorDICK

Real Name MajorDICK   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname MajorD
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 20, 2010, 17:07
Total Comments 1949 (Pro)
User ID 55780

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
13. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 29, 2016, 19:05 MajorD

nin wrote on Aug 29, 2016, 09:47:
Westworld looks like it's going to be awesome, I can't wait...

Yeah, every time I see it advertised I get pumped. The original movie doesn't hold up all that well, but I hope the series doesn't disappoint.

"My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry S. Truman
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Duke Nukem Countdown
36. Re: Duke Nukem Countdown Aug 26, 2016, 10:07 MajorD

coolkev99 wrote on Aug 25, 2016, 19:18:
Really? I think the world is utterly sick of waiting for Duke Nukem games. Should have just kelp quiet and told us next week without the teaser. Even just one delay now and people will revolt.

Which one are we more sick of waiting for, Duke Nukem games, or HL3?

"My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry S. Truman

News Comments > Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Patched
65. Re: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Patched Aug 26, 2016, 10:01 MajorD

NKD wrote on Aug 25, 2016, 21:13:
MajorD wrote on Aug 25, 2016, 18:17:
NKD wrote on Aug 25, 2016, 14:00:
The hacking is definitely harder this time. You can also run into those firewalls which instantly start a trace. Maxing out capture and stealth was the first thing I got. I also picked up the wireless hacking thingy. Thats amazing for shutting off cameras or distracting guards.

Is the wireless hacking gig something similar to Watch Dogs? I don't recall that being in HR. /shrug

Sort of. There's a little minigame you have to complete. Its just hitting E when a moving line is over particular spots. Sometimes the spots are smaller and the line is moving faster. You're up against a timer and get 3 misses. You can use your Nuke/Stop software in the minigame as well. Takes just a few seconds to complete usually.

Cool! Thanks for info.

63. Re: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Patched Aug 25, 2016, 18:17 MajorD

NKD wrote on Aug 25, 2016, 14:00:
The hacking is definitely harder this time. You can also run into those firewalls which instantly start a trace. Maxing out capture and stealth was the first thing I got. I also picked up the wireless hacking thingy. Thats amazing for shutting off cameras or distracting guards.

Is the wireless hacking gig something similar to Watch Dogs? I don't recall that being in HR. /shrug

62. Re: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Patched Aug 25, 2016, 18:16 MajorD

Creston wrote on Aug 25, 2016, 13:27:
Still running fine even after the patch (phew! *knocks on wood again*). Still loving it. STILL in the first part of Prague! There's just so much to do and see and loot and hack and so many people to knock out! My boss at TaskForce 29 keeps calling and asking where the hell I am. hehe.

I will say that I think they've made hacking a little too difficult. Perhaps it's because I'm on Deus Ex difficulty, but even with hacking 5 and stealth 1, it's shit hard to get through a level 2 hack... I'm not a huge fan of the "let's just put level 5 nodes in a level 2 hack." thing they're doing now. I should have just immediately bought stealth 3, but since I was able to get by with stealth 1 in the HR, I figured it'd go fine here too.

Other than that, loving it.

I really should go by my boss' office one of these days...

Awesome! Thanks for the quick write-up Creston.

39. Re: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Patched Aug 24, 2016, 14:18 MajorD

Acleacius wrote on Aug 24, 2016, 14:15:
They were far more insidious this time, most people could tell they screwed up Thief before it was released. Preventing them from preordering and supporting a crappy sequel. Now they added microtransactions with intent (whether they are shamed into fixing it later or not) to completely exploit their customers.

Not to mention, according to what I've read, basically just decided to cut content directly out of the game. Selling it as dlc, yet leaving gaping holes in the story as it is now. At least normally you could expect a cohesive story from a $60 game in the past.

Whaaat? Micro transactions in a single player game? It's bad enough in MP games, but a SP game? GFYs Square Enix!

21. Re: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Patched Aug 24, 2016, 12:00 MajorD

Desalus wrote on Aug 24, 2016, 10:21:
VaranDragon wrote on Aug 24, 2016, 10:14:
Im kind of glad I had trouble preordering, as it seems that the game needs more time in the Oven.

Yet another example of a AAA game which people shouldn't have preordered. You would think Deus Ex would be a safe game to preorder, but I guess nothing is these days. It's kind of funny how many people don't learn any lesson from the many terrible releases of AAA games in the past few years (especially on the PC).

Yeah, unfortunately less and less games are safe to pre-order and/or purchase at launch, and it seems to have become the norm. It's all driven by the mighty dollar, unrealistic ship dates, and shoving games out the door before they're ready. It seems to be getting worse, and will probably continue to get worse until people stop buying into the hype and start voting with their wallets.

Heck, I've seen some Indie alpha game releases more complete/optimized than the garbage some of these AAA publishers are shoveling.....*cough* No Man's *cough* Sky. These companies should be ashamed and embarrassed at some of the crap the let go out the door. But hey, if people buying what they're shoveling, then they'll keep shoveling.

It has become the same cycle over and over again:

1) Publishers market and hype the crap out of these games, and promise the sky.

2) People become so pumped for this new glittery shiny game, the excitement clouds their memory of how they were burned by the last AAA bug ridden incomplete game.

3) AAA game is released incomplete and un-optimized.

4) Everyone bitches and moans, saying they're never going to pre-order and/or purchase day one.

5) Rinse, repeat.

As other people have stated, you're better off waiting 6 months or a year when all the bugs are ironed out, the games has become more optimized, and selling at a better price ta boot! There is plenty of games in everyone's libraries to keep them occupied for that long.......

News Comments > Game Reviews
6. Re: Game Reviews Aug 22, 2016, 17:00 MajorD

nin wrote on Aug 22, 2016, 16:32:
MajorD wrote on Aug 22, 2016, 16:30:
Creston wrote on Aug 22, 2016, 16:23:
ONE MORE DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYyyyyyyyyyyy

I can tell you haven't been pumped for this at all Creston.

I mean, if he was a real fan he'd stay up tonight.

I must tempt Creston and make his life miserable.

Yeah, really, come on Creston, aren't you a 'real' fan?

Are you picking it up nin?

News Comments > Game Reviews
3. Re: Game Reviews Aug 22, 2016, 16:30 MajorD

Creston wrote on Aug 22, 2016, 16:23:
ONE MORE DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYyyyyyyyyyyy

I can tell you haven't been pumped for this at all Creston.

News Comments > Deus Ex Mankind Divided Reviews
29. Re: Deus Ex Mankind Divided Reviews Aug 19, 2016, 13:28 MajorD

Jagacademy wrote on Aug 19, 2016, 10:49:
Does it have a lame cover system like the prior one, where you press a button, and are glued to an object?

P.S. At least they were confident enough with their game, to allow reviews pre-release. Unlike No Man's Sky trying to sell as many copies as they possibly can before anyone sees a review, lol.

Before Human Revolution was release, and watching all the marketing vids, I was with the same mindset as you; I thought the cover system was going to semi ruin the game for me. But, once I started playing the game, and got used to using it, I ended up liking more than I thought I would.

BTW: gamesdeal.com has it on sell for $35.89, and if you want the 'Day One Edition' ( Rolleyes ) for an extra dollar.

As much as I liked Human Revolution, I'm still holding off on this one, as I still have to finish Fallout 4 before I purchase another game. Yes, I'm trying to be disciplined.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
15. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 15, 2016, 17:48 MajorD

Another series I never understood why it abruptly ended was Deadwood. I suspect it was due to the show's popularity hitting full stride too late.

They've been talking for years (too many) about another season and/or a movie to neatly wrap up the series, but that is all it has been (talk).

Here is a recent interview with Ian McShane, which is only a glimmer of hope.

It'd be awesome if Netflix picked it up!

News Comments > Quantum Break Win10 Follow-up
6. Re: Quantum Break Win10 Follow-up Aug 13, 2016, 12:36 MajorD

Whose on first?

News Comments > No Man's Sky Released
5. Re: No Man's Sky Released Aug 12, 2016, 19:14 MajorD

Alllll aboarrrrrrd...the hype train!

News Comments > Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Specs and Preloads
23. Re: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Specs and Preloads Aug 12, 2016, 12:44 MajorD

Lord Tea wrote on Aug 12, 2016, 07:18:
Okay, found a recent gameplay video on YT (PC/mouse) and I liked what I saw.

linky

Also, performance seems decent on a GTX 980.

Redmask wrote on Aug 12, 2016, 07:17:
You don't get to play any games anymore, do you? Everything is a port these days.

Plenty of PC only titles out there, PLENTY. And, by the way, some console ports a well made, GTA V comes to mind.

I'm not too sure I like the HUD, as it sure does take up a lot of screen real-estate. Other than that, I am looking forward to this game.

In regards to GTA V for PC, hats off to Rock*, as they continue to patch/improve that game. I stopped playing it for quite some time due to it locking up all the time, hackers, etc., but some friends and I have been playing it again for the past few weeks and it is pretty much rock solid (no pun intended); no lock ups whatsoever, runs smooth, hackers have pretty much been curtailed, and the new racing maps and such are a lot of fun.

For anyone that hasn't played it in a while, it is worth checking out again.

See you in Los Santos.....

News Comments > Battlefield Insiders Get Battlefield 1 Beta Early Access
1. Re: Battlefield Insiders Get Battlefield 1 Beta Early Access Aug 10, 2016, 19:06 MajorD

Rolleyes

News Comments > PC DOOM Sells 1M
16. Re: PC DOOM Sells 1M Aug 10, 2016, 13:13 MajorD

Upon reviewing this prior to launch, I wasn't overly impressed with the 'SnapMap', as to me it looked like half-baked modding. And the MP portion didn't look very awe-inspiring; however, I may have pulled the trigger if they had CoOp Campaign play, but they didn't even bother with that.

So, I may/may not pick this up for $4.99 on a Steam sale, because it doesn't look like I'm really missing all that much.

News Comments > BioShock Remastered Trailer
19. Re: BioShock Remastered Trailer Aug 10, 2016, 12:06 MajorD

Lorcin wrote on Aug 10, 2016, 07:41:
Beamer wrote on Aug 10, 2016, 06:49:

Why should it be free?

I'm Beamer and I'm here to ask you a question. "Is a dev team not entitled to the sweat from their brow?"

"No" says the Darks "It belongs to everyone who bought a different version over the last 10 years"

Jokes aside I still have my disc copy too. Wouldn't put it near my PC now as its got securom if I remember rightly (I know they patched it off but it has to install before it can patch). I don't have an optical drive either but yeah securom that's the reason.

Nicely done Lorcin! Classic!

There wasn't really enough of a difference to make me excited about this. I've seen SweetFX plug-ins make the game look as good or better than this supposed 'ReMastered' BS.

I just see this as an insulting cash grab.

News Comments > The Evil Within and Rage Sequels Possible
28. Re: The Evil Within and Rage Sequels Possible Aug 9, 2016, 18:40 MajorD

Beamer wrote on Aug 9, 2016, 18:18:
This is high on my list. So is Prison Tycoon or whatever, which I bought like 3 steam sales ago and never installed.

So many games, so little time.

24. Re: The Evil Within and Rage Sequels Possible Aug 9, 2016, 17:49 MajorD

jdreyer wrote on Aug 9, 2016, 14:51:
Beamer wrote on Aug 9, 2016, 12:50:
I still have Rage, in the shrink wrap, for the 360, which is in a closet. Some days I consider hooking it up for Rage. Then I realize I'd probably just replay RDR instead.

As I get older, I feel I replay the same games more often and try new ones less often. As I just joked about in another thread, why play a new game when I have so much more FTL to play? I recently redid Dishonored. This gets my attention more than shinywiszzbangthing 2016.

Speaking of, I'm kind of craving 5 skulling OMD1/2 again.

Yeah, after work and after family at night, I don't have a lot of energy to learn something new. So I often fall back to something I've already played. Also games that are more chill. FTL is one. Defense Grid is another. SupCom with the speed turned down a bit. BL2. Civ. These are all games I can chill out with for an hour or so before bed, sometimes with a beer. I wonder if NMS will enter that pantheon.

All that being said, I do intend to pick up and learn a couple of games this year: Stardew Valley and Rimworld. And next year after they've improved it some more, Stellaris.

Have you checked out Space Engineers (Survival) yet? That is a time suck. With the different modules (conveyors, connectors, sorters, refineries, assemblers, ships, etc.), programmability of various modules, etc., there is so much to learn and do.

13. Re: The Evil Within and Rage Sequels Possible Aug 9, 2016, 11:00 MajorD

RAGE sequel huh? I may have to give the POS of a game 'one' more try, as the previous times I ended up highly disappointed and wiped it of my drive.

IF they do have a sequel, that might motivate me to try and play the original one more time, as long as I mentally prepare myself for the unimaginative/poorly placed invisible walls everywhere, texture pop-ins at every turn, 8-bit set piece textures , disjointed quests.................................................

1949 Comments. 98 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo