Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter
User information for Leper

Real Name Leper   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 9, 2010, 03:32
Total Comments 345 (Amateur)
User ID 55745

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ] Older >

News Comments > Vampire: The Masquerade Announcement at GDC?

9. Re: Vampire: The Masquerade Announcement at GDC? Feb 26, 2019, 11:23 Leper

CJ_Parker wrote on Feb 26, 2019, 09:11:
Cutter wrote on Feb 25, 2019, 23:05:
It's Paradox, fellas. Only get your hopes up if you want them dashed. Want to play a Ventru? Wait for the $20 DLC. These nickel and dimers are the last people who should be doing a game like this.

^ this

You will probably only have one tooth as a vampire first. Second tooth is DLC, sharper teeth are more DLC, longer teeth in the next DLC after that.

And you can only suck 50ml blood with the base game. For full sucking capabilities you're gonna have to buy the 'Undead Edition'.

Seriously, Paradox is really bad news especially for a story-driven franchise like the VtM games. Story-driven and piecemeal delivery usually do not go hand in hand all that well. Like, not at all.

But maybe we won't even have to worry about piecemeal delivery cuz they will pull a Tyranny, go 'fuck it' and abandon the game with game-breaking bugs in case the sales are below expectations. Then we'll end up with a half-baked piecemeal. Great.

Who says it has to be a story-based game? Seems to me like it could be another grand strategy game where your clan competes against others to rule over Europe or something, like Crusader Kings with vampires. I have no idea but it's a little odd to assume that a experienced developer doesn't know what it's doing and is going to make a shit game outside it's element.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue

1. Re: Annual stool test may be as effective as colonoscopy, study finds. Feb 26, 2019, 10:30 Leper

Bad news for gastroenterologists - colonoscopies are their bread and butter. Better cancel plans for that third vacation home.  

News Comments > Morning Mobilization

8. Re: Morning Mobilization Feb 25, 2019, 18:16 Leper

Timmeh wrote on Feb 25, 2019, 14:15:
RedEye9 wrote on Feb 25, 2019, 13:05:
jdreyer wrote on Feb 25, 2019, 12:57:
5G is utterly pointless until they build out a massively granular cell network (10s of 1000s of nodes) due to the incredibly short range of 5G (0.5 miles or so), and until they figure out how to keep your hand from blocking the signal.
Americans deserve 6Gee or maybe even 8Gee, but instead we have outsourced all our gee's to other countries and now have to place Gee tariffs on them. I bet the manufacturers already have all those gee's built into the phones and all they need to to is send the activation bit down the tubes to turn them on.

I know this is a dig from you against trump... but consider this.

Obama shut NASA down and retasked them with stoping "global warming" or "climate change"..

Trump has crated the beginnings of a space force, Tasked NASA with going back to the moon and mars and as in your example pushed the cell company at thinking even more towards future tech.

You liberals hate trump yet he has and is doing more good for everyone than any president pretty much since Kennedy.

Yes he talks like your weird uncle but so what. I can only imagine how far we are going to get during his next term.

Right, as soon as someone points something stupid that Trump said, they're suddenly a "liberal". And to be honest Trump was free to say stupid shit all day long before he decided to run for president, but he should have known that he was giving all that up. Personally I don't want a senile uncle bullshitting his way through running the country. He should learn the subject he's speaking about or not talk about it at all. It makes rational people question all his decisions, including funding a space force or going to Mars or whatever, when he can't even make it through a speech without talking out of his ass.

News Comments > Anthem Reviews

16. Re: Anthem Reviews Feb 22, 2019, 13:40 Leper

Somehow I'm even less interested in this game now than I was a month ago.  

News Comments > Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order This Fall

18. Re: MTXs Feb 6, 2019, 17:28 Leper

Hopefully they're updating the Jedi Knight or KOTOR formula with the production values of something like the latest God of War. Expectations are low, however.  

News Comments > Metro Exodus Epic Deal Sparks Backlash

19. Re: Metro Exodus Epic Deal Sparks Backlash Jan 30, 2019, 12:22 Leper

Wow it's amazing how badly Valve and Steam have a stranglehold on PC gaming and gamers right now with these reactions. No wonder they can take a 30% cut of every sale when any company who dares compete them gets blasted. Steam is a pretty good product now after many years of improvements, but no company should be forced or even pressured to sell on them. If they pulled out of a deal, then that's just business. If it was illegal then they may get sued, but that's not really our concern. Valve has done all sorts of shady shit over the years.  

News Comments > Fallout 76 Survival Mode Plans

17. Re: Fallout 76 Survival Mode Plans Jan 25, 2019, 16:48 Leper

This is great... might actually be worth playing if the price drops and they get the bugs out...  

5. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 21, 2019, 12:54 Leper

RedEye9 wrote on Jan 21, 2019, 12:18:
Almost 90% of Americans donít know thereís scientific consensus on global warming
https://climate.nasa.gov/scientific-consensus/
Why Climate Deniers Have No Scientific Credibility - In One Pie Chart

TLDR
Scientists do not disagree about human-caused global warming. It is the ruling paradigm of climate science, in the same way that plate tectonics is the ruling paradigm of geology. We know that continents move. We know that the earth is warming and that human emissions of greenhouse gases are the primary cause. These are known facts about which virtually all publishing scientists agree.

Great summary but you lost the average Trump-supporter/Republican/dipshit at the word "paradigm". Next time try something along the lines of "Learned folk all know world warming. If you no learned, you no count. Bad learned folk make lies about no world warming, get big money from lies. Warming world sure as big shakes make buildings fall down. Vroom vroom cars make world warmer. Warming world bad. Learned folk warn you."

News Comments > Dragon Age The Dread Wolf Rises Teased

7. Re: Dragon Age The Dread Wolf Rises Teased Dec 7, 2018, 13:23 Leper

If this moves the series back towards Dragon Age: Origins then I might be interested. Dragon Age 2 seemed too limited in scope and lacked interesting tactical gameplay IMO. DA3 was too much like an MMORPG to keep me interested.  

News Comments > Stellaris: MegaCorp Next Month

1. Re: Stellaris: MegaCorp Next Month Nov 20, 2018, 16:24 Leper

The weekly dev diaries in the Paradox forums have been filling in the gaps between announcements. Not sure if those are linked on this site.

Anyway, this expansion itself isn't that exciting (to me anyway), but all the economy changes included in the free update are. Looking forward to it!

News Comments > Diablo Mobile Backlash

33. Re: Diablo Mobile Backlash Nov 3, 2018, 21:41 Leper

This would have been fine as a companion release to a full PC game (a la Fallout Shelter) or announced outside of Blizzcon, but this shouldn't have been considered a big announcement.  

32. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 26, 2018, 17:39 Leper

Beamer wrote on Oct 26, 2018, 14:31:
Timmeh wrote on Oct 26, 2018, 13:40:
Beamer wrote on Oct 26, 2018, 12:51:
NKD wrote on Oct 26, 2018, 12:46:
Beamer wrote on Oct 26, 2018, 12:30:
They got the bomber. His van is basically the_donald plastered onto a vehicle.

They are already moving the goalposts and the suspect is now being framed.

In one thread The_Donald types were saying he seemed to crazy to really be a Donald supporter. Do they not have mirrors? Do they not see the stuff they say? I just imagine them like Tobias Funke, finally stepping back and listening to the stuff that comes out of their mouths, and weirdly finding it perfectly normal and reasonable.

This kind of nonsense is unacceptable. YOU are the ones harassing people almost daily all over the country. Telling a 911 Widow that its good her husband died because he probably shoved something up innocent black peoples asses and was a pedophile.

this is the ridiculous side of it. You people have been going bat shit crazy for 2 years. Including SHOOTING A SENATOR. This guy is clearly a loon.

btw, trump has NOT been inciting violence at his rally's or on twitter he has one comment from over two years ago about punching someone in the face. Your leadership has been inciting Violence almost DAILY all over the media.

Enough of the lies and double standard.

1) The guy that shot Scalise was reprehensible. But he wasn't egged on by any politician, unlike this gentleman

2) No one has a clue what the 9/11 widow you're talking about is. For fuckssake, we can find any number of lunatics saying shit like that. They're very frequently on your side, or do you not visit The_Donald?

3) What about all the Proud Boys? What about Charlottesville?

4) He was a loon. No offense, you say the same things he had on his van.

5) Trump hasn't been inciting violence? Just yesterday he was continuing his "lock' up" chant!

You need to seriously look in the mirror and consider your rhetoric.

Good luck convincing anyone to do that. It's very difficult for people to recognize they're insane or in a cult. Not that everybody who supports Trump is a complete nutjob, but it's a slippery slope from buying into the right-wing propaganda machine, to stockpiling weapons, to becoming the next Cesar Sayok carrying out a mission.

News Comments > NVIDIA 20XX Reviews

24. Re: NVIDIA 20XX Reviews Oct 16, 2018, 16:36 Leper

I'm all for the new RT technology in the long-term, but 1st generation should be discounted, if anything, to encourage quick and painless adoption. NVIDIA is doing what they feel will maximize their profit. We'll see if that actually pans out. It's a lack of meaningful competition at the high-end that has really allowed prices to get this out of control.

I find it funny how they're playing a trick on us with the naming conventions, essentially changing the Titan to the 2080 Ti, the 1080 Ti to the 2080 and so on. Then they can try to compare the 2 generations and claim these big performance increases when the ratio between performance/price hasn't increased that much.

Playing a little dirty, but again their investors are more important than their customers.

News Comments > GeForce RTX 2080 Reviews

24. Re: GeForce RTX 2080 Reviews Sep 19, 2018, 17:22 Leper

Gib007 wrote on Sep 19, 2018, 17:09:
Muscular Beaver wrote on Sep 19, 2018, 15:54:
As a 1070 owner I will tell you that I will buy a 1080 Ti.
What a joke of a new generation. Laughable performance gain and the price increase is just lunacy.

The price increase is lunacy, I cannot disagree. However, I have a 1080 at present and looking at the 2080Ti on Shadow of the Tomb Raider at 4K, it goes from like 33 FPS to 59 FPS. That's not a joke of a gain. It literally makes for smooth gameplay at 4K, up from somewhat choppy. Overclock the 2080Ti and you probably reach 66 FPS or so. Literally 100% gain.

They're expensive but then again PC gaming has never been cheap. I forked over near $3000 in inflation adjusted dollars for a pre-built PC back in 2001. You could build a monster today that easily included a 2080 TI for the same cash. That being said, I'd like to see more competition from AMD, Intel or whoever to knock down the card prices a couple hundred bucks. It's still going to be expensive at the top-end though.

If you've got the money I say go for it and I may also in the next year or so.

News Comments > Shadow of the Tomb Raider Reviews

12. Re: Shadow of the Tomb Raider Reviews Sep 10, 2018, 13:29 Leper

Doesn't seem to be game-changing, but who really expected that? Sounds like the story deserves some criticism, but it still seems like it's worth playing. I'll probably wait until it's on sale since there's so much other good stuff out there.  

News Comments > Star Control: Origins Trailer

2. Re: Star Control: Origins Trailer Sep 5, 2018, 13:02 Leper

Reminds me a lot of Escape Velocity for the *gasp* Mac back in the 90s.  

News Comments > Divinity: Original Sin 2 - Definitive Edition Launches

16. Re: Divinity: Original Sin 2 - Definitive Edition Launches Aug 31, 2018, 15:39 Leper

Does the camera actually move dynamically around now like in the video? That'd be cool. One thing I kind disliked about the original version was the camera. You couldn't zoom out far enough, you had to constantly adjust it and you never got a good view of the world like in this video.  

News Comments > Divinity: Original Sin 2 - Definitive Edition Launches

15. Re: Divinity: Original Sin 2 - Definitive Edition Launches Aug 31, 2018, 15:32 Leper

MindStalker3 wrote on Aug 31, 2018, 15:04:
Funny thing is I finally bought this game last night having no idea that it was the new edition. I was confused at first why my saves from original and def were different..
Is there any reason for me to play original at all at this point?

I don't think so. There might be some new bugs but I'd guess they'll still be offering support and updates but only to the new edition.

News Comments > Cyberpunk 2077 48-Minute Gameplay Video

6. Re: Cyberpunk 2077 48-Minute Gameplay Video Aug 27, 2018, 17:50 Leper

Bumpy wrote on Aug 27, 2018, 16:56:
Wow, lots of content there.
Graphic style is cool but it looks artificial and fake for some reason.

It does look like you're walking around a big movie set or something, doesn't it?

I have concerns like everyone else but overall this looks great. And knowing the developer, it's going to get the support it deserves. It's going to get expansions and maybe even sequels. Deus Ex may be dead but this looks like a worthy successor.

News Comments > No 2019 Assassin's Creed

4. Re: No 2019 Assassin's Creed Aug 22, 2018, 12:56 Leper

Whatever the reason, the world doesn't need a yearly Assassin's Creed game. Every two years seems about right. They could drop it down to every 3-4 years and I'd be perfectly happy as long as the quality was high for each iteration (and this is coming from a fan of the series). There's plenty of similar games now that it's not imperative that there always be a new Assassin's Creed game to play.  

345 Comments. 18 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ] Older >