Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter
User information for Leper

Real Name Leper   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 9, 2010, 03:32
Total Comments 345 (Amateur)
User ID 55745

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ] Older >

News Comments > BFG a Premium Item in RAGE 2

2. Re: BFG a Premium Item in RAGE 2 May 8, 2019, 19:31 Leper

I wasn't really planning on buying this game at launch and this confirms that. Better to wait a few months and get this for half price. Hopefully the BFG and everything else locked out at launch will be unlocked by then.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Star Citizen Free Fly Weekend

15. Re: Star Citizen Free Fly Weekend May 1, 2019, 13:30 Leper

Kxmode wrote on May 1, 2019, 13:11:
VoodooV wrote on May 1, 2019, 12:24:
Flatline wrote on May 1, 2019, 12:19:
I regret ever giving this assmonkey money.

Tell it to your therapist. Time to move on.

Has anyone noticed therapist is a space away from the rapist?

Only because of Celebrity Jeopardy on SNL: https://youtu.be/hElOag-1a0k

News Comments > Out of the Blue

2. Re: Better Call Saul Apr 24, 2019, 13:09 Leper

The creators of Better Call Saul will likely move onto another TV project, so not all will be lost.  

News Comments > Get Assassin's Creed Unity for Free

50. Re: Get Assassin's Creed Unity for Free Apr 18, 2019, 16:49 Leper

Again, no other leader does this. He's not a layman, he's the President of the United States. He just needs to act like it.

He really doesn't; he's proven that he's allowed to say anything and do just about anything and he'll still have support and get votes. In fact, his base loves it when he pisses off rational people. It got him elected, so why would he stop now, when pissing off what is perceived as "the left" might be the only thing that gets him re-elected?

News Comments > World War Z Breaks Out

5. Re: World War Z Breaks Out Apr 16, 2019, 13:22 Leper

Double whammy against Valve with this one - a L4D clone distributed on a Steam clone. Maybe Valve should start innovating again if they don't want to be left for dead themselves. I am interested in their new VR headset, though.  

News Comments > New GeForce Drivers Support Anno 1800 Beta and DXR Ray Tracing

16. Re: New GeForce Drivers Support Anno 1800 Beta and DXR Ray Tracing Apr 11, 2019, 18:33 Leper

Kxmode wrote on Apr 11, 2019, 15:38:
eRe4s3r wrote on Apr 11, 2019, 15:06:
Kxmode wrote on Apr 11, 2019, 14:52:
Are there any benchmarks that show what the performance hit is with DXRRT enabled?

In the comprehensive article Nvdia shows benches... and the mean it when they say "basic" support. 1080 with 20 and lower FPS

Bummer. That's what I thought. So I'm just going to save up and buy a 2080TI. Go big or go home.

I'd say buy the 2080TI if you want the best performance with a ray traced cherry on top, but I don't know if it's worth it just for the ray tracing. The next gen cards may have 4x ray tracing performance. Only like 3 games currently have any ray tracing support anyway.

News Comments > Steam Top 10

5. Re: Steam Top 10 Apr 8, 2019, 15:11 Leper

Riahderymnmaddog wrote on Apr 8, 2019, 13:54:
Anthem sucked so bad it never even made the steam top 10, or 20.

I think it's an Origin exclusive, but yea I think it does suck. That article about all the direction changes was insightful. I feel bad for the dev team because most of them worked hard I'm sure.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance

5. Re: Morning Safety Dance Apr 4, 2019, 15:59 Leper

Get rid of the tabloids while you're at it.  

News Comments > Morning Patches

2. Re: Bloodlines Apr 4, 2019, 10:50 Leper

Bill Borre wrote on Apr 4, 2019, 10:24:
Seriously I wonder if when 2 comes out this guy will finally move on.

One can only hope. Or at least we can stop having to see it reported as news.

News Comments > Into the Black

5. Re: Into the Black Mar 22, 2019, 00:16 Leper

Wow, maybe we'll finally stop having to read about unofficial Vampire: The Masquerade Bloodlines patches on Blues because Paradox is making a sequel:

https://youtu.be/SYvWfDxhm_s

News Comments > Steam Adding Events and Renovating Game Libraries

8. Re: Steam Adding Events and Renovating Game Libraries Mar 22, 2019, 00:06 Leper

Ant wrote on Mar 21, 2019, 23:13:
Squirmer wrote on Mar 21, 2019, 23:07:
It's almost like competition is making Valve work harder.
Competition is good. Although that doesn't help to bring us HL3.

You never know. Maybe all Valve needs is a little motivation to once again release games to make money instead of just running a marketplace.

News Comments > On Sale

1. Re: On Sale Mar 18, 2019, 11:29 Leper

This was probably posted earlier, but Humble Bundle has a Ubisoft sale where you can get Watch Dogs 2 for $9 ($15 for the gold edition). I played a lot yesterday and it's actually pretty fun. Basically a GTA5 clone, but a good one.  

News Comments > No Man's Sky Beyond Announced

33. Re: No Man's Sky Beyond Announced Mar 15, 2019, 18:21 Leper

Xero wrote on Mar 15, 2019, 17:47:
I got in on this well beyond the fiasco they had for launch. Plenty of free content updates in and I have to say, the game has it's potential. I just came to the conclusion however that these survival style games (Subnautica) are just not for me.

Too much get this to make that to make this to collect that, to make that to make this. It's like, wtf am I wasting my life doing with this. Too repetitive imo. Who knows, maybe it changed up a heck of a lot with more game hours in. Dunno.

Right? Grinding was bearable back when it was in a MMO when I had a friend over on the spare PC and we were playing with others at their respective houses. That was pretty fun. A lot of these survival games can be fun for a while but they definitely get tedious fast.

News Comments > The Division 2 Reviews in Progress

9. Re: The Division 2 Reviews in Progress Mar 15, 2019, 12:23 Leper

Riahderymnmaddog wrote on Mar 15, 2019, 10:50:
I am pretty upset UbiSoft is jamming their Anti-Trump agenda down our throats by depicting Washington DC and the White House in chaos. There is even a downed Airforce One in this game, I have no doubts that this is to embolden ISIS to attack america.

How have no other reviewers and YouTubers picked up on this.

Holy shit...

News Comments > Windows 7 Gets (Some) DirectX 12 Support

6. Re: Windows 7 Gets (Some) DirectX 12 Support Mar 13, 2019, 11:44 Leper

Acleacius wrote on Mar 13, 2019, 10:45:
The only reason win 10 has more users, is because they gave it away for free.

You're probably right but I think that's because Windows 7 was excellent and Windows 8 was a mess, rather than Windows 10 having anything really wrong with it. Windows 10 is basically Windows 7 with a facelift and some new features IMO.

News Comments > Phoenix Point an Epic Games Store Exclusive

18. Re: Phoenix Point an Epic Games Store Exclusive Mar 13, 2019, 11:32 Leper

This deal may have been the only viable path forward to finish the game properly. Assuming that, what would you rather have - a buggy mess on Steam or a polished product on Epic? I guess we'll just have to wait for the reviews to see if it was worth it.  

News Comments > Cyberpunk 2077 BTS Video

10. Re: Cyberpunk 2077 BTS Video Mar 8, 2019, 17:53 Leper

Nullity wrote on Mar 8, 2019, 14:26:
Riahderymnmaddog wrote on Mar 8, 2019, 14:20:
UGGG it is a visual downgrade from the 4k 60fps i was promised... why cant my ps4 do that?
Who promised 4k @ 60fps on a PS4?

Console hardware (both CPU and GPU) isn't fast enough to hit 4k 60fps for a game like CP2077. In fact, I bet even a PC with a 2080ti will struggle with it for this game.

I think you'll be to get a 2080 TI to run 4k @ 60 with some of the settings turned down. That's what the consoles will do anyways. 2016's Deus Ex drops below 60 with 1440p on a 2080 TI in some areas with all the graphics maxed out, so I think you're right in that we probably won't see a card that lets you max out CP2077 at 4k until at least a couple years from now.

News Comments > World War Z Trailer

6. Re: World War Z Trailer Feb 26, 2019, 13:37 Leper

As long as it does something different then I'm still game for zombie games. This looks like Left 4 Dead meets Dead Rising, which is isn't super fresh, but it could still be fun.  

News Comments > The Division 2 Open Beta Details

9. Re: The Division 2 Open Beta Details Feb 26, 2019, 12:34 Leper

Quinn wrote on Feb 26, 2019, 02:48:
How is this not a glorified Division expansion?

More money this way. This was on my list to check out assuming they actually took things to the next level, you know like how a sequel should, but yeah it looks like a Division expansion like you said. Has anything really changed besides the setting?

Where are the System Shocks? The Half Lifes? The innovative, brave AAA games that knock us off our feet?

The latest spiritual successors to System Shock were Deus Ex and Prey and they didn't sell all that well. Valve found an easier source of money. Other companies are just catering to the lowest common denominator. I think a few series like Assassin's Creed are still above average, although I haven't played the latest yet.

These questions always almost have me give up gaming and pick another hobby...

Yes, there aren't enough good original AAA games for PC for it to be a person's sole hobby. Personally, I play a lot of strategy games that are challenging and take a long time to play well. I also have a PS4 for the AAA Sony exclusives.

345 Comments. 18 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ] Older >