Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Leper

Real Name Leper   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 9, 2010, 03:32
Total Comments 209 (Novice)
User ID 55745

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ] Older >

News Comments > DOOM Demo Extended
14. Re: DOOM Demo Extended Jun 21, 2016, 11:19 Leper

Same for me. Demos were entire games back then. I don't understand how they made money.

I was the same, but I think that if I had a little bit of money, I would have definitely bought the full games. Also, my parents wouldn't buy violent games for me, so I had to be content with the those demos and the full versions of less violent games.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Serious Sam VR Announced
23. Re: Serious Sam VR Announced Jun 13, 2016, 23:01 Leper

Nice try but paragraphs of text aren't going to sell vr any more than a flat video of the caliber of serious sam are. You DO have to try it to form a valid opinion. But for this same reason you can't CONVINCE them to try it. I've wanted VR since I was young, so it was an easy sell for me. So glad it finally happened. But people tend to stick with what they want or what they think they want and be distrusting, ambivalent, or opposed to anything else.

Right, same thing with climate-change deniers, conspiracy theorists, etc. People dig in further when you find flaws in their arguments. They become defensive and ultimately more entrenched in their beliefs once they feel like they are being persecuted. We all do it.

News Comments > Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Breach Mode Revealed
28. Re: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Breach Mode Revealed Jun 10, 2016, 22:08 Leper

Looks pretty cool. I'm not seeing the lack of polish. Anyway, it says clearly there that this work in progress. Glad they gave us the demo even if it is unfinished. Looks like they build off of HR, so I don't think we have to worry that they've simplified things more. As always, I'll be waiting for the reviews, but I expect them to average 80-90 and worth a purchase for me. We'll see.  

News Comments > etc.
6. Re: etc. Jun 2, 2016, 16:29 Leper

That's the problem with VR all talk no substance. Where are all the kickass games that justify the exorbitant price of the hardware - not even including PC upgrades just to get the shit to run well. I hear lots of talk but see no specifics or actual delivery. This is the same shit that always happens. Remember how Intel's MMX was supposed to change gaming? Or how 64 bit gaming took over a decade to finally arrive. I said it before and I'll say it again, if you're an early adopter of VR all you've bought is an overpriced paperweight.

Maybe it's time to give it a rest? You are demanding companies to go all in and develop AAA games from the ground up for VR while at the same time basically saying there's no hope and anyone who has bought into VR is stupid. I think early adopters by and large know what they're getting into - there's some cool experiences available that make it worth the price of admission. Money isn't an object to everyone.

You're right that there needs to be more games and I expect Playstation VR will bring in some more mainstream titles (assuming some get ported over). I don't actually own a device either, but just because we're more cautious doesn't mean that the investment others are making won't lead to a better experience for everyone down the road.

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
9. Re: Evening Mobilization May 26, 2016, 10:37 Leper

Microsoft was late to the game and there may simply not be room for a third OS without working some type of miracle. Most people are pretty set on either Apple or Android.  

News Comments > The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Blood and Wine Launch Trailer
10. Re: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Blood and Wine Launch Trailer May 25, 2016, 13:38 Leper

Personally, Witcher 3 is already as enhanced as I need it. I'd rather they focus efforts on Cyberpunk 2077 aside from minor W3 patching. Make that DirectX 12 with all the bells and whistles. I wasn't even sure about ever revisiting W3 after finishing the main game, but this expansion looks really good.  

News Comments > Steamship Ahoy - Total War: WARHAMMER
10. Re: Steamship Ahoy - Total War: WARHAMMER May 24, 2016, 14:06 Leper

El Pit wrote on May 24, 2016, 13:32:
SimplyMonk wrote on May 24, 2016, 13:27:
Task wrote on May 24, 2016, 11:27:
"this review is to counterbalance negative reviews, ignore Chinese spammers." lol what?

Can't find a reliable source, but some people are saying that the game was promised to be translated into Chinese but got canceled yesterday and screwing over a lot of Chinese people that pre-ordered based on that. So a lot of the negative reviews are "Great game, but no Chinese."

And the Chinese government forbids the Chinese people to use Steam's refunds policy? That's sad.

Is the refunds policy applied when a pre-order is cancelled? Seems like they'd get their money back in this case. I can still imagine their frustration, however.

News Comments > DOOM Released
39. Re: DOOM Released May 13, 2016, 13:20 Leper

I used to pirate back in the day but it was for the reason being that I simply had no money. Now that I do, I never pirate, however paying full price is even a burden these days. You almost need price brackets just for gaming because you have your "child" gamers, "rich adult gamers" and "poor/midclass adult gamers" that find it hard to put out the extra $$$.

And you do. It's called
1. Pre-ordering / buying day 1
2. Waiting for a price drop
3. Waiting for the "bargain bin" / deep sale

Games that are shit and don't sell well get discounted quickly. This is how many industries work. You can buy a new car, a slightly used one or an old one. You can go to the movie theater, on DVD or wait for it to be on cable.

These deep discount sites are most likely selling keys meant for other regions where people don't have as much disposable income. You're basically cheating the system to get your game day 1 and at a discount. Whether you have some sort of justification for doing that is up to you, but just know the facts and that there might be subtle consequences.

News Comments > DOOM Released
36. Re: DOOM Released May 13, 2016, 13:10 Leper

And BTW, If IGN is posting email to people about buying this game from CD Key.com for $32.95, then I guess its not to shady now is it?

I thought IGN had a pretty shady reputation around here.

News Comments > Civilization VI Announced
42. Re: Civilization VI Announced May 12, 2016, 14:07 Leper

Hell, if I remember, my copy of the original Civ was a special edition. $80 with a huge manual and a shitty mousepad.

$80 in 1991: ~$140 now. I don't know what people complain about with video game prices - there are so many cheap options nowadays. If you really insist that the price of the "full game" (base with all the DLCs) should be so low, just have some self-control and wait a year or so after release before buying. Problem solved. Doing it with DA:I now.

News Comments > Stellaris Sales Record
23. Re: Stellaris Sales Record May 10, 2016, 18:44 Leper

I'm definitely keeping this on my "watch list", but I'd like to see more options for espionage, subterfuge and general sneakiness. Space is huge and I don't think that its territory should be treated like territory on land. There should be options for moving around and taking meaningful actions without necessarily being detected.  

News Comments > HITMAN Episode Two Trailer
9. Re: HITMAN Episode Two Trailer Apr 21, 2016, 11:42 Leper

Until it's "complete" I don't intend on even trying it.

The catch-22 is that it may never be "complete" (by your definition) if enough people don't buy it. It sounds like Episode 1 taken on it's own is complete, however.

I'm sure the decision to go episodic was not made lightly and may have been the only practical option.

News Comments > Total War: WARHAMMER Trailers
1. Re: Total War: WARHAMMER Trailers Apr 5, 2016, 10:48 Leper

This looks cool, but I think I'll wait for the maximally patched version. After the AI debacle at the launch of Rome 2, I don't really see any point in playing TW games at launch anymore.  

News Comments > EVE: Valkyrie and Gunjack for Oculus Rift Launch
24. Re: EVE: Valkyrie and Gunjack for Oculus Rift Launch Mar 29, 2016, 18:39 Leper

Well I'm sure a lot of people are working on software that they hope to be the Killer App for VR. Oculus/Facebook/Sony themselves are heavily motivated to make this happen since it will sell their hardware. We shall see what they come up with.

This comment was edited on Mar 29, 2016, 18:48.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
52. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 29, 2016, 17:55 Leper

Minimum wage increase isn't going to change much - government programs from taxes are already helping poor people make ends meet.  

7. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 28, 2016, 18:50 Leper

Avoiding BvS like the plague which is a shame since I moderately liked Man of Steel.  

News Comments > Dark Souls III Trailer
2. Re: Dark Souls III Trailer Mar 24, 2016, 14:40 Leper

Oh well, I'm sure Japan gets the shaft with a lot of games, so let's let them have this one. Think of it as an extended beta test.  

14. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 22, 2016, 16:52 Leper

There is a middle ground, you know!

Well, we reach the middle ground after the two sides fight it out from their respective extremes.

8. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 22, 2016, 14:46 Leper

Season 6 is their best yet huh? What else is he gonna say?

That's true, but at least he explains the statement in the full interview. Sounds like it should be solid in any case.

News Comments > BioWare Teases Missed Teaser T-Shirt
10. Re: BioWare Teases Missed Teaser T-Shirt Mar 21, 2016, 16:28 Leper

"Space of Spacecraft"

"This is not World of Warcraft in space!"

"It's much more sophisticated."

My bet is a MOBA as described. I thought this was out already. What is Heroes then? Nahhh, I don't wanna know.

You're thinking Blizzard, bruh.

209 Comments. 11 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo