Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Leper

Real Name Leper   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 9, 2010, 03:32
Total Comments 280 (Amateur)
User ID 55745

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ] Older >

News Comments > Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire Released
17. Re: Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire Released May 9, 2018, 14:34 Leper

Frijoles wrote on May 8, 2018, 22:41:
Couldn't get in to PoE 1 for some reason. Played quite a bit of Divinity 2 though. May have to give this one a try.

Same here. Playing Divinity OS 2 now and hopefully this will have a few patches ready by the time I'm ready for it.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Offworld Trading Company Free Weekend
5. Re: Offworld Trading Company Free Weekend May 4, 2018, 12:18 Leper

Slashman wrote on May 4, 2018, 09:31:
jdreyer wrote on May 4, 2018, 02:57:
Cutter wrote on May 3, 2018, 23:50:
jdreyer wrote on May 3, 2018, 22:05:
*goes to sign up for free weekend*
*realizes already owns game*

So is it a chance to begin again in a golden land of opportunity?

Nah, without a free weekend pressure, Ima keep playing BattleTech.

Hell's Yeah!!!

Sounds like they've got a big Battletech update in the works, so good on Harebrained Schemes for providing support. I definitely want to pick this one up when some of the bumps are ironed out.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
12. Re: Steam Top 10 Apr 30, 2018, 13:45 Leper

Cutter wrote on Apr 29, 2018, 20:59:
BIGtrouble77 wrote on Apr 29, 2018, 20:16:
Frostpunk looks great, but it seems like you have to build out the city the same every time. I can't see how to have success in the game without doing a cylindrical build. I just don't like the idea of a city builder that has little to no variation.

Yeah. After watching some Let's Play's and reading some criticisms of the game I see it as a one trick pony too. Once you figure out the path of best layout and laws to follow then there isn't much left to do. Much like This War of Mine I just don't see it warranting more than $5, $10 at most. Kind of thing to play as a time waster on a tablet or something.

Figuring out the optimal layout was supposed to be part of the puzzle, but there are too many ways for games to be spoiled nowadays. This one was probably released a little early, but give it a few months and they'll hopefully have some more content to justify the price. It sounds like they have some ideas and now it's just a matter of time.

News Comments > Stellaris: Distant Stars Announced
16. Re: Stellaris: Distant Stars Announced Apr 24, 2018, 18:54 Leper

They'll keep making them as long as we keep buying them. It's almost become a subscription model.  

News Comments > Op Ed
17. Re: Op Ed Apr 22, 2018, 13:14 Leper

I don't think Let's Plays should be allowed on these major sites (unless the company specifically allows it). It's like allowing someone to upload a movie to on Youtube and it's ok because they provide some commentary periodically. Gameplay is only one part of a game's value but that's the only part that you miss out on from watching a Let's Play.  

14. Re: Morning Tech Bits Apr 16, 2018, 12:20 Leper

Vio wrote on Apr 16, 2018, 09:47:
Honestly I think steam sales and game backlogs as a result have done more to prevent piracy than all the copy protections thrown together.

Don't forget all these day 1 patches and then constant updates after that. Most pirated games (at least a few years ago) required a new crack every time there's an update. Who wants to play with an old version of the game? The whole process with keeping your pirated games patched and cracked isn't worth the effort.

News Comments > Watch Dogs 3 Plans Revealed?
1. Re: Watch Dogs 3 Plans Revealed? Apr 16, 2018, 11:29 Leper

I haven't played the previous entries but WD2 looked kind of bland. How about some real stakes and a dynamic world (destructible environments, evolving buildings/cities, etc.)? The standard open-world formula that started with GTA3 needs a shot in the arm IMO.  

26. Re: Steam Top 10 Apr 2, 2018, 17:41 Leper

Burrito of Peace wrote on Apr 2, 2018, 08:18:
I love Far Cry 5 for one reason; not only do I get to mow down religious zealots, but I am encouraged to do so.

It makes me feel like I am bringing back sanity, reason, and logic...one kill at a time.

Too bad they aren't wearing MAGAT hats. Someone should make a mod, but I'm sure that would get the head MAGAT's panties in a wad.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
2. removed Mar 27, 2018, 18:33 Leper

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Mar 28, 2018, 08:23.

News Comments > New Assassin's Creed Rumor
3. Re: New Assassin's Creed Rumor Mar 20, 2018, 11:22 Leper

Creston wrote on Mar 20, 2018, 10:19:
Ancient Greece? Meh.

I still can't understand why Ubisoft won't do the AC:Japan, set in the days of Ninja and Samurai like everyone has been clamoring for the last decade...

Maybe because that era is pretty stagnant and not especially interesting historically. It's like setting an AC game in the dark ages of Europe. No big revolutions occurring. No well-known historical characters to meet. Yeah, combat would be good, but what else is going on? Why should your average gamer care about some in-fighting between Japanese houses? It just seems like a depressing time and having Samurai and Ninjas as the main draw might be cliché. Not to mention that Asian culture is kind of a turn-off to most Westerners. I also don't see it really fitting into the whole AC universe. I haven't played Origins, but when have they alluded to Japan or even Asia in the series? It seems like it would be a out of place.

That's not to say that they can't or won't make a good game set there, but maybe the the clamoring is exaggerated by a small minority. I'm sure they have people evaluating a lot of different settings, so who knows.

News Comments > On Far Cry 5 Microtransactions
2. Re: On Far Cry 5 Microtransactions Mar 16, 2018, 10:48 Leper

You know the gameplay is good when they sell ways to bypass it.  

News Comments > Shadow of the Tomb Raider in September?
4. Re: Shadow of the Tomb Raider in September? Mar 14, 2018, 14:13 Leper

I hope it lives up to Rise of the Tomb Raider since that one was awesome. I've said this before on here but the Xbox One controller used some of what I'll call "advanced" vibration effects in that game. I wish other games utilized the controller like that. Not sure if the PS4 controller has something similar or not.  

1. Re: Elon Musk: we must colonise Mars to preserve our species in a third world war Mar 12, 2018, 11:22 Leper

Why? So we can build up Mars and then destroy it too? If we destroy our planet our species should end right then and there. Anyway, if/when Mars holds any value then there'll be missiles trained at it also.  

News Comments > The Division 2 Revealed
10. Re: The Division 2 Revealed Mar 8, 2018, 13:44 Leper

SimplyMonk wrote on Mar 8, 2018, 11:40:
MMO-ish Looter Shooter game has very poor initial release, but after a year manages to recover somewhat and post a respectable game and appreciative player base. After which they announce the next chapter in the series as a standalone title...

Where have I heard this before? How did that work out? I mean, I realize that Bungie and Massive are two distinct companies, but the lifecycle of The Division and Destiny were extremely similar. I guess this just reinforces my tendency to not play any game nowadays till it has been out for at least a year. Especially these looter shooters that like to release new titles after 2-3 years.

It's wise to be cautious, but if you read this article on Forbes they explicitly reference Destiny 2 and avoiding the same mistakes.

News Comments > White House Games Summit Details
4. Re: White House Games Summit Details Mar 8, 2018, 11:41 Leper

Cutter wrote on Mar 8, 2018, 11:14:
Someone just needs to make a VR pussygrabbing game for him and he'll change his tune.

I doubt he'd be interested - he does that in real life and faces few consequences. Although maybe if it featured Ivanka...

News Comments > FINAL FANTASY XV WINDOWS EDITION Released
1. Re: FINAL FANTASY XV WINDOWS EDITION Released Mar 6, 2018, 17:35 Leper

The demo ran pretty well on my ageing PC (not with maxed out settings obviously) and it seemed like decent game. I'll probably pick this up when it hits $30.  

News Comments > Morning Interviews
13. Re: Morning Interviews Feb 20, 2018, 12:39 Leper

I stumbled upon "Movie Nation" because I was curious to find out if ANYONE was willing to give Black Panther a bad review. I haven't seen it yet, but I have read a number of positive reviews for Panther and they all irritated me in exactly the same way--they seem to be reviewing what the film represents, what it stands for, more than they are reviewing it as a, you know, movie.

Nobody (except maybe some racists) wanted to see Black Panther flop. If that meant critics needed to be more forgiving with their reviews, then that's probably what they did. To be fair most critics are just saying they recommend the movie, not that it's the best movie of the year or anything. Personally, it looks a lot like every other MCU movie to me, which means I'll wait for the home viewing experience.

I've also been reading some articles that are championing Get Out for Best Picture. I watched that over the weekend and, although I thought it was entertaining and fairly unique, it didn't exactly scream Best Picture of the entire year. Just because a movie has cultural impact, doesn't mean it is the best movie overall due to writing, acting, directing, music, etc.

11. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 15, 2018, 10:14 Leper

RedEye9 wrote on Feb 14, 2018, 19:03:
Tipsy McStagger wrote on Feb 14, 2018, 17:04:
Another high school shooting in Florida..

But say no to gun control people.
jesus fucking christ
Not that the count matters or is reliable with the first news reports of these things, but I just saw on NPR 17 dead.
What's it going to take for America to get woke.

America is more concerned about saving unwanted fetuses than children. Children aren't innocent enough to warrant saving. It helps that we don't give a shit about other people or their families and can't imagine something bad happening to our own blessed families.

News Comments > New Paradox CEO
13. Re: New Paradox CEO Feb 13, 2018, 16:47 Leper

Paradox games are pretty niche and everyone knows you pay more for niche. That's not just games - it's any type of tech or hobby. I enjoy Stellaris so I'm willing to shell out $20 every few months just to keep the updates coming (even if I'm not crazy about the content). It works for me and works for them.

And I can guarantee that if most people didn't get sick of other games so quickly then you'd see a steady stream of DLC for them also. Look at Total War: Warhammer for example. But most mainstream gamers just move from one game to the next and probably end up spending more that way. Paradox gamers seem to be more in it for the long-haul.

News Comments > Evening Interviews
1. Re: Evening Interviews Feb 9, 2018, 20:03 Leper

Can't wait for the 2.0 patch that drastically changes a lot of the systems including making the game even more like one of my favorite games of all time: Sins of a Solar Empire. Looking forward to what they continue doing with this game.  

280 Comments. 14 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo