Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Leper

Real Name Leper   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 9, 2010, 03:32
Total Comments 203 (Novice)
User ID 55745

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ] Older >

News Comments > Crusader Kings II: The Reaper's Due Released
3. Re: Crusader Kings II: The Reaper's Due Released Aug 25, 2016, 12:11 Leper

This is the 61st piece of paid DLC they have released for this game. That's just crazy...I long for the days when this nickel and dime DLC was collected together and released as a big expansion pack.

Assuming the total price is the same, why would does it matter if you get the content in chunks over a period of time or all at once at the end? Wait to the end if you want to wait until the end. Or are you saying you want the same content for cheaper? Well yeah, who doesn't...

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Into the Black
3. Re: Into the Black Aug 25, 2016, 11:08 Leper

They're clearly waiting for the more appropriate 30th anniversary for that announcement.  

News Comments > Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Patched
53. Re: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Patched Aug 24, 2016, 18:51 Leper

Sounds like the 6 month delay wasn't quite long enough to get everything polished up. I kept hearing in the interviews that this was developed by a "small team" and it probably didn't get the resources it deserved to "Make Deus Ex Great Again!" This was not a AAA budget game despite what some may think. There's a lot of potential in this genre and hopefully something like Cyberpunk 2077 with it's large team and budget will blow our minds in a few years. In the meantime, I still think Deus Ex deserves a buy. Even with all the complaints of DLC, graphics, performance, story, etc. it still sounds like the essence of Deus Ex at its core has survived. That's good enough for me.  

News Comments > Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Released
23. Re: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Released Aug 23, 2016, 12:40 Leper

The ending leaves things open for more Deus Ex games? Count me in.  

News Comments > Star Citizen Gamescom Presentation
11. Re: Star Citizen Gamescom Presentation Aug 20, 2016, 14:28 Leper

It's easier to make a smooth and more cinematic recording using a controller.  

News Comments > Deus Ex Mankind Divided Reviews
54. Re: Deus Ex Mankind Divided Reviews Aug 19, 2016, 21:41 Leper

As much as I liked Human Revolution, I'm still holding off on this one, as I still have to finish Fallout 4 before I purchase another game. Yes, I'm trying to be disciplined.

The sad truth in making a "thinking man's" game like this is that the target audience is the very people that are too wise to pre-order. We'd rather bide our time in the shadows, gathering intel on whether the game is good or not, then drop down from the ventilation shaft to deliver a 40% off purchase when it's weakened by poor sales. Catering to the twitch gamers with poor impulse control or else gullible casuals who buy into PR hype seems to be best way for a developer to go these days.

I really wish that the franchise could get a massive budget to deliver everything we'd want in a DX game, but ulimately I just hope this entry sells well enough to keep it limping along.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
8. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 15, 2016, 13:20 Leper

I tried to watch Firefly and i could not take it and stopped at episode 3. I thought it was very bad.

I also thought it was very cheesy and stopped watching it after a couple episodes (and I generally like sci-fi). This was both during the original airing and also on Netflix a few years ago. There was just something about the old west theme or the cheesy special effects that lost my interest. I'm sorry to say that it could have been done better and might have succeeded if it had been. I liked Serenity, though, and I might give Firefly another chance someday.

News Comments > The Signal From Tölva Announced
6. Re: The Signal From Tölva Announced Aug 2, 2016, 16:25 Leper

Kind of gives me the same vibe as Unreal.  

News Comments > More Win10 Concerns from Tim Sweeney
192. Re: More Win10 Concerns from Tim Sweeney Jul 29, 2016, 10:31 Leper

My Win10 desktop after a couple days work so far:

https://postimg.org/image/eu4hdsddj/

Clean.
Except for that ugly ass excuse for a start menu that takes up 28% of the screen.

Being customizable, it's apparently exactly as large as he wants it to be.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
19. Re: Morning Metaverse Jul 20, 2016, 16:56 Leper

If Twitter didn't ban people, then Twitter would just turn into another twisted area of the internet that me and most people don't want anything part of. Not that I current want to be part of Twitter, but I may want/need to be someday. There's already plenty of dark corners of the internet where these guys can lurk and spew hate-filled nonsense amongst sympathizers. Just keep it away from me and the rest of us trying to get along with one another for the short time we're on Earth.  

News Comments > On Sale
7. Re: Humble Bundles. Jul 20, 2016, 13:45 Leper

Acleacius wrote on Jul 20, 2016, 10:33:
RedEye9 wrote on Jul 20, 2016, 08:06:
DNF for $1, nope, it's still too much.
Ouch, I've heard it was bad and avoided it being a fan of the original. I was going to try for mafia ii, after checking 2k still want's $42 US (non sale price) for all the dlc, which is beyond stupid for a 6 year old game. That's $72 US total for a game with basically no replay value. At least from what I'm reading, there's no real exploration or side quests, not to mention no C & C.

But, from what I can remember, there is a ton of driving around a realistic city in authentically underpowered vehicles that you must keep under the speed limit at all times or risk getting pulled over. Good times.

News Comments > Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Video
9. Re: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Video Jul 14, 2016, 18:58 Leper

I'm really not into the 3rd person "watchamovie" takedowns. Was that in Human Revolution? Also, I'm finding it disappointing they're demoing the game on a console...

Correct, they were in HR. I liked them though since they didn't just have one or two animations so it never felt boring or repetitive, in my opinion.

I also didn't mind them in HR. Your character has some hand-to-hand combat skills... but since this is not a full-fledged action game you don't have direct control over these skills. You're basically just engaging the combat mode of your character's implants at limited times. Therefore, the options left are to simulate hand-to-hand combat in first-person or third-person. Might as well go get to third-person and get to see your character's fancy moves in action while you cannot do anything anyway.

News Comments > On Sale
14. Re: On Sale Jul 7, 2016, 09:49 Leper

Didn't buy a thing.

None of the discounts were that good. Anything that was on sale will be that price or even lower before too long. I guess if there was anything I really needed I might have gone for it, but there just wasn't - I've already got plenty of games that I still need to finish.

News Comments > Into the Black
6. Re: Into the Black Jul 1, 2016, 13:46 Leper

The point is exercise is a lot more difficult than just eating and drinking less calories if the goal is to lose weight (fat). Exercise is definitely good, though!  

News Comments > DOOM Demo Extended
14. Re: DOOM Demo Extended Jun 21, 2016, 11:19 Leper

Same for me. Demos were entire games back then. I don't understand how they made money.

I was the same, but I think that if I had a little bit of money, I would have definitely bought the full games. Also, my parents wouldn't buy violent games for me, so I had to be content with the those demos and the full versions of less violent games.

News Comments > Serious Sam VR Announced
23. Re: Serious Sam VR Announced Jun 13, 2016, 23:01 Leper

Nice try but paragraphs of text aren't going to sell vr any more than a flat video of the caliber of serious sam are. You DO have to try it to form a valid opinion. But for this same reason you can't CONVINCE them to try it. I've wanted VR since I was young, so it was an easy sell for me. So glad it finally happened. But people tend to stick with what they want or what they think they want and be distrusting, ambivalent, or opposed to anything else.

Right, same thing with climate-change deniers, conspiracy theorists, etc. People dig in further when you find flaws in their arguments. They become defensive and ultimately more entrenched in their beliefs once they feel like they are being persecuted. We all do it.

News Comments > Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Breach Mode Revealed
28. Re: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Breach Mode Revealed Jun 10, 2016, 22:08 Leper

Looks pretty cool. I'm not seeing the lack of polish. Anyway, it says clearly there that this work in progress. Glad they gave us the demo even if it is unfinished. Looks like they build off of HR, so I don't think we have to worry that they've simplified things more. As always, I'll be waiting for the reviews, but I expect them to average 80-90 and worth a purchase for me. We'll see.  

News Comments > etc.
6. Re: etc. Jun 2, 2016, 16:29 Leper

That's the problem with VR all talk no substance. Where are all the kickass games that justify the exorbitant price of the hardware - not even including PC upgrades just to get the shit to run well. I hear lots of talk but see no specifics or actual delivery. This is the same shit that always happens. Remember how Intel's MMX was supposed to change gaming? Or how 64 bit gaming took over a decade to finally arrive. I said it before and I'll say it again, if you're an early adopter of VR all you've bought is an overpriced paperweight.

Maybe it's time to give it a rest? You are demanding companies to go all in and develop AAA games from the ground up for VR while at the same time basically saying there's no hope and anyone who has bought into VR is stupid. I think early adopters by and large know what they're getting into - there's some cool experiences available that make it worth the price of admission. Money isn't an object to everyone.

You're right that there needs to be more games and I expect Playstation VR will bring in some more mainstream titles (assuming some get ported over). I don't actually own a device either, but just because we're more cautious doesn't mean that the investment others are making won't lead to a better experience for everyone down the road.

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
9. Re: Evening Mobilization May 26, 2016, 10:37 Leper

Microsoft was late to the game and there may simply not be room for a third OS without working some type of miracle. Most people are pretty set on either Apple or Android.  

News Comments > The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Blood and Wine Launch Trailer
10. Re: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Blood and Wine Launch Trailer May 25, 2016, 13:38 Leper

Personally, Witcher 3 is already as enhanced as I need it. I'd rather they focus efforts on Cyberpunk 2077 aside from minor W3 patching. Make that DirectX 12 with all the bells and whistles. I wasn't even sure about ever revisiting W3 after finishing the main game, but this expansion looks really good.  

203 Comments. 11 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo