Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter
User information for Leper

Real Name Leper   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 9, 2010, 03:32
Total Comments 343 (Amateur)
User ID 55745

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ] Older >

News Comments > Obsidian: Pillars of Eternity III Uncertain, Would Require Changes

21. Re: Obsidian: Pillars of Eternity III Uncertain, Would Require Changes Nov 12, 2019, 15:14 Leper

There's simply more competition now. POE 1 was THE throw-back CRPG when it was announced. They did something special at the time but times have changed and there's several of these CRPGs out there now. Sadly, most of them have been underwhelming.

POE 2 is one of those games that has legs. I'm sure RPG gamers will be buying it for years, once they get around to it. I will eventually buy POE 2 but there's a bunch of games that I already own that need to be finished first. It doesn't help that they all take like 100 hours to finish.

But they definitely shouldn't make another POE if they don't have a vision for it being amazing and expanding the genre's audience like D:OS 1/2 did. I feel like what they're missing is that they're focused on remaking the CRPG of old. Honestly, there was a reason these games died out before. They can't just keep using the same mechanics - there needs to be more innovation. Although we don't know much about BG3, I think we can agree that it won't just be BG2 with a fresh coat of paint.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Red Dead Redemption 2 Released for PC

13. Re: Red Dead Redemption 2 Released for PC Nov 5, 2019, 12:16 Leper

drgnrbrn316 wrote on Nov 5, 2019, 11:09:
I don't really understand the logic behind the timed exclusive on PC. Seems like if you want to tackle Steam, you should do it through better features and better customer service, not by throwing a bunch of money around to secure "exclusive" rights to a 3rd party title. Most PC gamers are used to having to wait for a console game to make the journey to PC anyway, so making them wait an extra month doesn't seem to have much of an impact on people's chosen platform.(especially since the last Red Dead didn't even make it to PC)

This has been discussed to death but basically Epic can't compete at this point so they're "cheating" to get a foothold. At some point it will become prohibitively expensive to keep paying for exclusives and then we should finally see more competition on price and features. It kinda sucks right now for gamers but maybe it'll be worth it in the end.

News Comments > Diablo IV Announced

17. Re: Diablo IV Announced Nov 1, 2019, 20:30 Leper

Could be fun but I don't know if I'm still into the clickfest gameplay anymore. I was kinda tired of that by the end of D2.  

News Comments > The Outer Worlds Released

9. Re: The Outer Worlds Released Oct 25, 2019, 11:34 Leper

Cutter wrote on Oct 25, 2019, 11:26:
Is this the thing you're talking about?

Xbox Game Pass for PC (Beta)

So you can join the beta for $1 - and $6 a month - and play this and the other titles listed on the page? Well that's a hell of a deal if that's the case. Is it streaming or do you play local on your PC?

I've had it for a couple months when I saw Metro: Exodus is on there. I completed that and there are several games that I still want to play: Tyranny, Torment: Tides of Numenera, Dishonored 2. I played Superhot while Outer Worlds downloaded yesterday. The only disadvantage is that you have to deal with the Windows Store (where downloading always seems to have problems) and obviously that you never really own the games. Eventually the price will go up to $10 or $15 a month, but for now I think it's a great deal.

News Comments > Alec Holowka Dead

114. Re: Alec Holowka Dead Sep 2, 2019, 23:10 Leper

If you want to get political - this guy may have been a creep, but at least he wasn't a "deny, insult and defame his accusers of lying, continue his run for president" creep. There is a spectrum.  

News Comments > Ghostrunner Announced

3. Re: Ghostrunner Announced Aug 23, 2019, 12:41 Leper

Looks like it plays a lot like Doom, which could be fun.  

News Comments > Heavy Rain Floods In

6. Re: Heavy Rain Floods In Jun 24, 2019, 21:43 Leper

Played the demo... dated in many ways. Reading the comments here makes me want to try the full game, but probably not for more than $10.  

News Comments > Wasteland 3 Next Year

9. Re: Wasteland 3 Next Year Jun 13, 2019, 16:53 Leper

Steele Johnson wrote on Jun 13, 2019, 00:15:
Did Wasteland 2 really do that well? I thought the game was horrible! I guess itís not my kind of game.

Wasteland 2 and 3 were both crowdfunded, so unless I misunderstand the budgets are covered and then everything sold after release is essentially profit. I thought W2 was alright but didn't finish it since I got distracted by better games.

News Comments > It Came from E3 2019, Part 0

1. Re: It Came from E3 2019, Part 0 Jun 11, 2019, 11:04 Leper

I didn't realize the Avengers were even competing.  

News Comments > Steam Top 10

3. Re: Steam Top 10 Jun 10, 2019, 18:25 Leper

Muscular Beaver wrote on Jun 9, 2019, 14:36:
Looks like devs now fully exploit commonly the fact that banned cheaters will buy a new copy.

I've said this before, but so what? As long as they're legitimate cheaters, then there should be some sort of penalty. It's another story if the devs aren't improving the game with some of that revenue.

News Comments > Gears of War 5 in September

4. Re: Gears of War 5 in September Jun 10, 2019, 15:14 Leper

Rhett wrote on Jun 10, 2019, 13:34:
Can't wait to see how they fuck this one up, considering I and many others haven't been able to play GOW 4 on PC for the past year.

Why not? I picked it up as part of the free trial for XBOX Game Pass for Windows last week. It's a good cover shooter with cool visuals/settings and a decent story so far. Nothing revolutionary but certainly far from garbage. No technical problems but I've got new hardware so maybe that helps.

News Comments > RAGE 2 Roadmap

12. Re: RAGE 2 Roadmap Jun 10, 2019, 15:03 Leper

Maybe I will get this in a couple years after I've finished everything else above it on the play list, including Mad Max (which I don't currently own) and Doom (which I'm probably about halfway through). It keeps getting pushed down on the list though.  

News Comments > Cyberpunk 2077 Date

50. Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Date Jun 10, 2019, 13:41 Leper

SpectralMeat wrote on Jun 10, 2019, 06:02:
Nate wrote on Jun 9, 2019, 21:38:
RedEye9 wrote on Jun 9, 2019, 20:05:
Release Date is right around the corner
Awesomesauce

Its releasing in April 16th, 2020. Right around the corner?
Compared to the SC release date, it is!

By the way, did anyone see the E3 presentation when Keanu Reeves was on stage?
I was laughing my ass off. I think he was drunk!

Maybe, probably more likely just nervous. How often has Keanu done a live presentation before? Seems like a guy who was talked into doing this.

News Comments > Cyberpunk 2077 Date

23. Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Date Jun 9, 2019, 23:37 Leper

This game is on the verge of going off the rails on the hype train. Did they really need Keanu Reeves to sell it? I'm sure it'll be good, but this is getting ridiculous.  

News Comments > Quake II RTX Specs

24. Re: Quake II RTX Specs Jun 4, 2019, 11:37 Leper

RedEye9 wrote on Jun 4, 2019, 10:09:
Verno wrote on Jun 4, 2019, 08:01:
RedEye9 wrote on Jun 3, 2019, 20:50:
Nvidia suffers dismal Q4 as Turing GPU sales fail to meet expectations

good for them because they needed it

Uhhh lol from your own link which you obviously didn't bother reading when you googled it, they "only" made 294M in profit in a "dismal" Q4.
Uhh lol from my own link which you obviously didn't bother reading;
"Nvidia suffered a 24 per cent year-on-year decline and a 31 per cent slump compared to the previous quarter.
Worse, the companies operating income was down a hefty 73 per cent year-on-year and 72 per cent from the previous quarter.
The firm admitted that sales of its Turing RTX 2070 and 2080 graphics cards came in below company expectations."

You might try getting less triggered by what I post and next time look for the forest instead of blindly staring at a tree stump.

The previous couple years were phenomenal for NVIDIA. Most people expected a slump after the crypto craze died down and that's reflected in the revenue and stock price. I don't know what they expected as far s the RTX line-up not selling, since the prices are pretty damn high and there's not much of a demand for ray tracing support yet.

News Comments > Out of the Blue

22. Re: Out of the Blue May 23, 2019, 17:11 Leper

whitelined wrote on May 23, 2019, 16:22:
It looks too slick. Not sure how to explain that, but terminator 2 felt like it had weight, grime, dirt and dust to it. It was such a good film, it's going to be hard to reboot from that.

Probably something to do with T2 having almost all practical stunts, with the only CGI being used for the character who was supposed to look fake.

This one looks like it could be decent (the director isn't a hack like McG), but obviously don't expect it to be as good as 1 or 2.

News Comments > Total War: THREE KINGDOMS Launch Trailer, Reviews

4. Re: Total War: THREE KINGDOMS Launch Trailer, Reviews May 17, 2019, 11:20 Leper

Bring on the patches (and the sales)!  

News Comments > Epic Mega Sale

11. Re: Epic Mega Sale May 16, 2019, 11:14 Leper

Riahderymnmaddog wrote on May 16, 2019, 11:07:
Absolutely sicking to see EPIC lower prices like this, giving the finger to anyone who bought something last week. Anyone who buys a game after June, 13th has to pay extra now? WTF! Let me guess no refunds? They need to be sued out of business for being so greedy and anti-consumer.

News Comments > BFG a Premium Item in RAGE 2

2. Re: BFG a Premium Item in RAGE 2 May 8, 2019, 19:31 Leper

I wasn't really planning on buying this game at launch and this confirms that. Better to wait a few months and get this for half price. Hopefully the BFG and everything else locked out at launch will be unlocked by then.  

News Comments > Star Citizen Free Fly Weekend

15. Re: Star Citizen Free Fly Weekend May 1, 2019, 13:30 Leper

Kxmode wrote on May 1, 2019, 13:11:
VoodooV wrote on May 1, 2019, 12:24:
Flatline wrote on May 1, 2019, 12:19:
I regret ever giving this assmonkey money.

Tell it to your therapist. Time to move on.

Has anyone noticed therapist is a space away from the rapist?

Only because of Celebrity Jeopardy on SNL: https://youtu.be/hElOag-1a0k

343 Comments. 18 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ] Older >