Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

User information for Leper

Real Name Leper   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 9, 2010, 03:32
Total Comments 337 (Amateur)
User ID 55745

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ] Older >

News Comments > Heavy Rain Floods In
6. Re: Heavy Rain Floods In Jun 24, 2019, 21:43 Leper

Played the demo... dated in many ways. Reading the comments here makes me want to try the full game, but probably not for more than $10.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Wasteland 3 Next Year
9. Re: Wasteland 3 Next Year Jun 13, 2019, 16:53 Leper

Steele Johnson wrote on Jun 13, 2019, 00:15:
Did Wasteland 2 really do that well? I thought the game was horrible! I guess itís not my kind of game.

Wasteland 2 and 3 were both crowdfunded, so unless I misunderstand the budgets are covered and then everything sold after release is essentially profit. I thought W2 was alright but didn't finish it since I got distracted by better games.

News Comments > It Came from E3 2019, Part 0
1. Re: It Came from E3 2019, Part 0 Jun 11, 2019, 11:04 Leper

I didn't realize the Avengers were even competing.  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
3. Re: Steam Top 10 Jun 10, 2019, 18:25 Leper

Muscular Beaver wrote on Jun 9, 2019, 14:36:
Looks like devs now fully exploit commonly the fact that banned cheaters will buy a new copy.

I've said this before, but so what? As long as they're legitimate cheaters, then there should be some sort of penalty. It's another story if the devs aren't improving the game with some of that revenue.

News Comments > Gears of War 5 in September
4. Re: Gears of War 5 in September Jun 10, 2019, 15:14 Leper

Rhett wrote on Jun 10, 2019, 13:34:
Can't wait to see how they fuck this one up, considering I and many others haven't been able to play GOW 4 on PC for the past year.

Why not? I picked it up as part of the free trial for XBOX Game Pass for Windows last week. It's a good cover shooter with cool visuals/settings and a decent story so far. Nothing revolutionary but certainly far from garbage. No technical problems but I've got new hardware so maybe that helps.

News Comments > RAGE 2 Roadmap
12. Re: RAGE 2 Roadmap Jun 10, 2019, 15:03 Leper

Maybe I will get this in a couple years after I've finished everything else above it on the play list, including Mad Max (which I don't currently own) and Doom (which I'm probably about halfway through). It keeps getting pushed down on the list though.  

News Comments > Cyberpunk 2077 Date
50. Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Date Jun 10, 2019, 13:41 Leper

SpectralMeat wrote on Jun 10, 2019, 06:02:
Nate wrote on Jun 9, 2019, 21:38:
RedEye9 wrote on Jun 9, 2019, 20:05:
Release Date is right around the corner
Awesomesauce

Its releasing in April 16th, 2020. Right around the corner?
Compared to the SC release date, it is!

By the way, did anyone see the E3 presentation when Keanu Reeves was on stage?
I was laughing my ass off. I think he was drunk!

Maybe, probably more likely just nervous. How often has Keanu done a live presentation before? Seems like a guy who was talked into doing this.

News Comments > Cyberpunk 2077 Date
23. Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Date Jun 9, 2019, 23:37 Leper

This game is on the verge of going off the rails on the hype train. Did they really need Keanu Reeves to sell it? I'm sure it'll be good, but this is getting ridiculous.  

News Comments > Quake II RTX Specs
24. Re: Quake II RTX Specs Jun 4, 2019, 11:37 Leper

RedEye9 wrote on Jun 4, 2019, 10:09:
Verno wrote on Jun 4, 2019, 08:01:
RedEye9 wrote on Jun 3, 2019, 20:50:
Nvidia suffers dismal Q4 as Turing GPU sales fail to meet expectations

good for them because they needed it

Uhhh lol from your own link which you obviously didn't bother reading when you googled it, they "only" made 294M in profit in a "dismal" Q4.
Uhh lol from my own link which you obviously didn't bother reading;
"Nvidia suffered a 24 per cent year-on-year decline and a 31 per cent slump compared to the previous quarter.
Worse, the companies operating income was down a hefty 73 per cent year-on-year and 72 per cent from the previous quarter.
The firm admitted that sales of its Turing RTX 2070 and 2080 graphics cards came in below company expectations."

You might try getting less triggered by what I post and next time look for the forest instead of blindly staring at a tree stump.

The previous couple years were phenomenal for NVIDIA. Most people expected a slump after the crypto craze died down and that's reflected in the revenue and stock price. I don't know what they expected as far s the RTX line-up not selling, since the prices are pretty damn high and there's not much of a demand for ray tracing support yet.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
22. Re: Out of the Blue May 23, 2019, 17:11 Leper

whitelined wrote on May 23, 2019, 16:22:
It looks too slick. Not sure how to explain that, but terminator 2 felt like it had weight, grime, dirt and dust to it. It was such a good film, it's going to be hard to reboot from that.

Probably something to do with T2 having almost all practical stunts, with the only CGI being used for the character who was supposed to look fake.

This one looks like it could be decent (the director isn't a hack like McG), but obviously don't expect it to be as good as 1 or 2.

News Comments > Total War: THREE KINGDOMS Launch Trailer, Reviews
4. Re: Total War: THREE KINGDOMS Launch Trailer, Reviews May 17, 2019, 11:20 Leper

Bring on the patches (and the sales)!  

News Comments > Epic Mega Sale
11. Re: Epic Mega Sale May 16, 2019, 11:14 Leper

Riahderymnmaddog wrote on May 16, 2019, 11:07:
Absolutely sicking to see EPIC lower prices like this, giving the finger to anyone who bought something last week. Anyone who buys a game after June, 13th has to pay extra now? WTF! Let me guess no refunds? They need to be sued out of business for being so greedy and anti-consumer.

News Comments > BFG a Premium Item in RAGE 2
2. Re: BFG a Premium Item in RAGE 2 May 8, 2019, 19:31 Leper

I wasn't really planning on buying this game at launch and this confirms that. Better to wait a few months and get this for half price. Hopefully the BFG and everything else locked out at launch will be unlocked by then.  

News Comments > Star Citizen Free Fly Weekend
15. Re: Star Citizen Free Fly Weekend May 1, 2019, 13:30 Leper

Kxmode wrote on May 1, 2019, 13:11:
VoodooV wrote on May 1, 2019, 12:24:
Flatline wrote on May 1, 2019, 12:19:
I regret ever giving this assmonkey money.

Tell it to your therapist. Time to move on.

Has anyone noticed therapist is a space away from the rapist?

Only because of Celebrity Jeopardy on SNL: https://youtu.be/hElOag-1a0k

News Comments > Out of the Blue
2. Re: Better Call Saul Apr 24, 2019, 13:09 Leper

The creators of Better Call Saul will likely move onto another TV project, so not all will be lost.  

News Comments > Get Assassin's Creed Unity for Free
50. Re: Get Assassin's Creed Unity for Free Apr 18, 2019, 16:49 Leper

Again, no other leader does this. He's not a layman, he's the President of the United States. He just needs to act like it.

He really doesn't; he's proven that he's allowed to say anything and do just about anything and he'll still have support and get votes. In fact, his base loves it when he pisses off rational people. It got him elected, so why would he stop now, when pissing off what is perceived as "the left" might be the only thing that gets him re-elected?

News Comments > World War Z Breaks Out
5. Re: World War Z Breaks Out Apr 16, 2019, 13:22 Leper

Double whammy against Valve with this one - a L4D clone distributed on a Steam clone. Maybe Valve should start innovating again if they don't want to be left for dead themselves. I am interested in their new VR headset, though.  

News Comments > New GeForce Drivers Support Anno 1800 Beta and DXR Ray Tracing
16. Re: New GeForce Drivers Support Anno 1800 Beta and DXR Ray Tracing Apr 11, 2019, 18:33 Leper

Kxmode wrote on Apr 11, 2019, 15:38:
eRe4s3r wrote on Apr 11, 2019, 15:06:
Kxmode wrote on Apr 11, 2019, 14:52:
Are there any benchmarks that show what the performance hit is with DXRRT enabled?

In the comprehensive article Nvdia shows benches... and the mean it when they say "basic" support. 1080 with 20 and lower FPS

Bummer. That's what I thought. So I'm just going to save up and buy a 2080TI. Go big or go home.

I'd say buy the 2080TI if you want the best performance with a ray traced cherry on top, but I don't know if it's worth it just for the ray tracing. The next gen cards may have 4x ray tracing performance. Only like 3 games currently have any ray tracing support anyway.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
5. Re: Steam Top 10 Apr 8, 2019, 15:11 Leper

Riahderymnmaddog wrote on Apr 8, 2019, 13:54:
Anthem sucked so bad it never even made the steam top 10, or 20.

I think it's an Origin exclusive, but yea I think it does suck. That article about all the direction changes was insightful. I feel bad for the dev team because most of them worked hard I'm sure.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
5. Re: Morning Safety Dance Apr 4, 2019, 15:59 Leper

Get rid of the tabloids while you're at it.  

337 Comments. 17 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo