Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

User information for Leper

Real Name Leper   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 9, 2010, 03:32
Total Comments 316 (Amateur)
User ID 55745

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ] Older >

News Comments > Into the Black
5. Re: Into the Black Mar 22, 2019, 00:16 Leper

Wow, maybe we'll finally stop having to read about unofficial Vampire: The Masquerade Bloodlines patches on Blues because Paradox is making a sequel:

https://youtu.be/SYvWfDxhm_s

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Steam Adding Events and Renovating Game Libraries
8. Re: Steam Adding Events and Renovating Game Libraries Mar 22, 2019, 00:06 Leper

Ant wrote on Mar 21, 2019, 23:13:
Squirmer wrote on Mar 21, 2019, 23:07:
It's almost like competition is making Valve work harder.
Competition is good. Although that doesn't help to bring us HL3.

You never know. Maybe all Valve needs is a little motivation to once again release games to make money instead of just running a marketplace.

News Comments > On Sale
1. Re: On Sale Mar 18, 2019, 11:29 Leper

This was probably posted earlier, but Humble Bundle has a Ubisoft sale where you can get Watch Dogs 2 for $9 ($15 for the gold edition). I played a lot yesterday and it's actually pretty fun. Basically a GTA5 clone, but a good one.  

News Comments > No Man's Sky Beyond Announced
33. Re: No Man's Sky Beyond Announced Mar 15, 2019, 18:21 Leper

Xero wrote on Mar 15, 2019, 17:47:
I got in on this well beyond the fiasco they had for launch. Plenty of free content updates in and I have to say, the game has it's potential. I just came to the conclusion however that these survival style games (Subnautica) are just not for me.

Too much get this to make that to make this to collect that, to make that to make this. It's like, wtf am I wasting my life doing with this. Too repetitive imo. Who knows, maybe it changed up a heck of a lot with more game hours in. Dunno.

Right? Grinding was bearable back when it was in a MMO when I had a friend over on the spare PC and we were playing with others at their respective houses. That was pretty fun. A lot of these survival games can be fun for a while but they definitely get tedious fast.

News Comments > The Division 2 Reviews in Progress
9. Re: The Division 2 Reviews in Progress Mar 15, 2019, 12:23 Leper

Riahderymnmaddog wrote on Mar 15, 2019, 10:50:
I am pretty upset UbiSoft is jamming their Anti-Trump agenda down our throats by depicting Washington DC and the White House in chaos. There is even a downed Airforce One in this game, I have no doubts that this is to embolden ISIS to attack america.

How have no other reviewers and YouTubers picked up on this.

Holy shit...

News Comments > Windows 7 Gets (Some) DirectX 12 Support
6. Re: Windows 7 Gets (Some) DirectX 12 Support Mar 13, 2019, 11:44 Leper

Acleacius wrote on Mar 13, 2019, 10:45:
The only reason win 10 has more users, is because they gave it away for free.

You're probably right but I think that's because Windows 7 was excellent and Windows 8 was a mess, rather than Windows 10 having anything really wrong with it. Windows 10 is basically Windows 7 with a facelift and some new features IMO.

News Comments > Phoenix Point an Epic Games Store Exclusive
18. Re: Phoenix Point an Epic Games Store Exclusive Mar 13, 2019, 11:32 Leper

This deal may have been the only viable path forward to finish the game properly. Assuming that, what would you rather have - a buggy mess on Steam or a polished product on Epic? I guess we'll just have to wait for the reviews to see if it was worth it.  

News Comments > Cyberpunk 2077 BTS Video
10. Re: Cyberpunk 2077 BTS Video Mar 8, 2019, 17:53 Leper

Nullity wrote on Mar 8, 2019, 14:26:
Riahderymnmaddog wrote on Mar 8, 2019, 14:20:
UGGG it is a visual downgrade from the 4k 60fps i was promised... why cant my ps4 do that?
Who promised 4k @ 60fps on a PS4?

Console hardware (both CPU and GPU) isn't fast enough to hit 4k 60fps for a game like CP2077. In fact, I bet even a PC with a 2080ti will struggle with it for this game.

I think you'll be to get a 2080 TI to run 4k @ 60 with some of the settings turned down. That's what the consoles will do anyways. 2016's Deus Ex drops below 60 with 1440p on a 2080 TI in some areas with all the graphics maxed out, so I think you're right in that we probably won't see a card that lets you max out CP2077 at 4k until at least a couple years from now.

News Comments > World War Z Trailer
6. Re: World War Z Trailer Feb 26, 2019, 13:37 Leper

As long as it does something different then I'm still game for zombie games. This looks like Left 4 Dead meets Dead Rising, which is isn't super fresh, but it could still be fun.  

News Comments > The Division 2 Open Beta Details
9. Re: The Division 2 Open Beta Details Feb 26, 2019, 12:34 Leper

Quinn wrote on Feb 26, 2019, 02:48:
How is this not a glorified Division expansion?

More money this way. This was on my list to check out assuming they actually took things to the next level, you know like how a sequel should, but yeah it looks like a Division expansion like you said. Has anything really changed besides the setting?

Where are the System Shocks? The Half Lifes? The innovative, brave AAA games that knock us off our feet?

The latest spiritual successors to System Shock were Deus Ex and Prey and they didn't sell all that well. Valve found an easier source of money. Other companies are just catering to the lowest common denominator. I think a few series like Assassin's Creed are still above average, although I haven't played the latest yet.

These questions always almost have me give up gaming and pick another hobby...

Yes, there aren't enough good original AAA games for PC for it to be a person's sole hobby. Personally, I play a lot of strategy games that are challenging and take a long time to play well. I also have a PS4 for the AAA Sony exclusives.

News Comments > Vampire: The Masquerade Announcement at GDC?
9. Re: Vampire: The Masquerade Announcement at GDC? Feb 26, 2019, 11:23 Leper

CJ_Parker wrote on Feb 26, 2019, 09:11:
Cutter wrote on Feb 25, 2019, 23:05:
It's Paradox, fellas. Only get your hopes up if you want them dashed. Want to play a Ventru? Wait for the $20 DLC. These nickel and dimers are the last people who should be doing a game like this.

^ this

You will probably only have one tooth as a vampire first. Second tooth is DLC, sharper teeth are more DLC, longer teeth in the next DLC after that.

And you can only suck 50ml blood with the base game. For full sucking capabilities you're gonna have to buy the 'Undead Edition'.

Seriously, Paradox is really bad news especially for a story-driven franchise like the VtM games. Story-driven and piecemeal delivery usually do not go hand in hand all that well. Like, not at all.

But maybe we won't even have to worry about piecemeal delivery cuz they will pull a Tyranny, go 'fuck it' and abandon the game with game-breaking bugs in case the sales are below expectations. Then we'll end up with a half-baked piecemeal. Great.

Who says it has to be a story-based game? Seems to me like it could be another grand strategy game where your clan competes against others to rule over Europe or something, like Crusader Kings with vampires. I have no idea but it's a little odd to assume that a experienced developer doesn't know what it's doing and is going to make a shit game outside it's element.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
1. Re: Annual stool test may be as effective as colonoscopy, study finds. Feb 26, 2019, 10:30 Leper

Bad news for gastroenterologists - colonoscopies are their bread and butter. Better cancel plans for that third vacation home.  

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
8. Re: Morning Mobilization Feb 25, 2019, 18:16 Leper

Timmeh wrote on Feb 25, 2019, 14:15:
RedEye9 wrote on Feb 25, 2019, 13:05:
jdreyer wrote on Feb 25, 2019, 12:57:
5G is utterly pointless until they build out a massively granular cell network (10s of 1000s of nodes) due to the incredibly short range of 5G (0.5 miles or so), and until they figure out how to keep your hand from blocking the signal.
Americans deserve 6Gee or maybe even 8Gee, but instead we have outsourced all our gee's to other countries and now have to place Gee tariffs on them. I bet the manufacturers already have all those gee's built into the phones and all they need to to is send the activation bit down the tubes to turn them on.

I know this is a dig from you against trump... but consider this.

Obama shut NASA down and retasked them with stoping "global warming" or "climate change"..

Trump has crated the beginnings of a space force, Tasked NASA with going back to the moon and mars and as in your example pushed the cell company at thinking even more towards future tech.

You liberals hate trump yet he has and is doing more good for everyone than any president pretty much since Kennedy.

Yes he talks like your weird uncle but so what. I can only imagine how far we are going to get during his next term.

Right, as soon as someone points something stupid that Trump said, they're suddenly a "liberal". And to be honest Trump was free to say stupid shit all day long before he decided to run for president, but he should have known that he was giving all that up. Personally I don't want a senile uncle bullshitting his way through running the country. He should learn the subject he's speaking about or not talk about it at all. It makes rational people question all his decisions, including funding a space force or going to Mars or whatever, when he can't even make it through a speech without talking out of his ass.

News Comments > Anthem Reviews
16. Re: Anthem Reviews Feb 22, 2019, 13:40 Leper

Somehow I'm even less interested in this game now than I was a month ago.  

News Comments > Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order This Fall
18. Re: MTXs Feb 6, 2019, 17:28 Leper

Hopefully they're updating the Jedi Knight or KOTOR formula with the production values of something like the latest God of War. Expectations are low, however.  

News Comments > Metro Exodus Epic Deal Sparks Backlash
19. Re: Metro Exodus Epic Deal Sparks Backlash Jan 30, 2019, 12:22 Leper

Wow it's amazing how badly Valve and Steam have a stranglehold on PC gaming and gamers right now with these reactions. No wonder they can take a 30% cut of every sale when any company who dares compete them gets blasted. Steam is a pretty good product now after many years of improvements, but no company should be forced or even pressured to sell on them. If they pulled out of a deal, then that's just business. If it was illegal then they may get sued, but that's not really our concern. Valve has done all sorts of shady shit over the years.  

News Comments > Fallout 76 Survival Mode Plans
17. Re: Fallout 76 Survival Mode Plans Jan 25, 2019, 16:48 Leper

This is great... might actually be worth playing if the price drops and they get the bugs out...  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
5. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 21, 2019, 12:54 Leper

RedEye9 wrote on Jan 21, 2019, 12:18:
Almost 90% of Americans donít know thereís scientific consensus on global warming
https://climate.nasa.gov/scientific-consensus/
Why Climate Deniers Have No Scientific Credibility - In One Pie Chart

TLDR
Scientists do not disagree about human-caused global warming. It is the ruling paradigm of climate science, in the same way that plate tectonics is the ruling paradigm of geology. We know that continents move. We know that the earth is warming and that human emissions of greenhouse gases are the primary cause. These are known facts about which virtually all publishing scientists agree.

Great summary but you lost the average Trump-supporter/Republican/dipshit at the word "paradigm". Next time try something along the lines of "Learned folk all know world warming. If you no learned, you no count. Bad learned folk make lies about no world warming, get big money from lies. Warming world sure as big shakes make buildings fall down. Vroom vroom cars make world warmer. Warming world bad. Learned folk warn you."

News Comments > Dragon Age The Dread Wolf Rises Teased
7. Re: Dragon Age The Dread Wolf Rises Teased Dec 7, 2018, 13:23 Leper

If this moves the series back towards Dragon Age: Origins then I might be interested. Dragon Age 2 seemed too limited in scope and lacked interesting tactical gameplay IMO. DA3 was too much like an MMORPG to keep me interested.  

316 Comments. 16 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo