Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

User information for Jdrez

Real Name Jdrez   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 19, 2010, 20:18
Total Comments 123 (Novice)
User ID 55715

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
9. Re: Morning Consolidation Aug 8, 2011, 18:21 Jdrez

That and the unspoken point that consoles bring in the monies.

Egggzactly.

I don't know how much cash Witcher 2 pulled in as a PC exclusive, but I bet it's a drop in the bucket compared to what id's publishers expect.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Rambo Game Plans
6. Re: Rambo Game Plans Aug 4, 2011, 13:15 Jdrez

I'm pretty sure every single time someone tries to make a game off an old licensed property (last film notwithstanding) it ends up total crap.

Anybody remember the official Die Hard PC shooter from a few years back?

News Comments > Borderlands 2 Announced
50. Re: Borderlands 2 Announced Aug 3, 2011, 16:17 Jdrez

If they get rid of the endless respawning of the same enemies at the same spots every ten minutes for eternity, add some variety and cut down on the horrible repetition, I might play this one for more than an hour.

News Comments > Dead Cyborg Episode 1 Released
7. Re: Dead Cyborg Episode 1 Released Jul 26, 2011, 13:26 Jdrez

From the FAQ:

"-Why no mouse control?
-This is a low paced adventure game without action. You will be OK with the keyboard control.
(Note: you can try a gamepad, just map the keys to the gamepad buttons... I think this is possible.)"

News Comments > Quoteworthy - Team Meat on Piracy
25. Re: Quoteworthy - Team Meat on Piracy Jul 20, 2011, 16:21 Jdrez

Performance issues may be due to the physics engine or something. I played it on 360 and had no issues. Didn't like it though, neat concept but way too difficult for me.

I never pirate anything I don't buy later unless I hate it, in which case I delete it after a couple hours. It's a trial.

Demos are few and far between, and you can't trust them because they don't represent the actual product. Take The Force Unleashed for instance. Awesome demo, awful game. I was out $60 on that one.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
2. Re: Xbox 360 'about halfway through' its lifecycle Jun 24, 2011, 14:00 Jdrez

Drazula wrote on Jun 24, 2011, 13:45:
PC's are already well beyond console capabilities. In 4 more years, it will be ridiculous. Looks like gaming will shift back to the PC.

I wouldn't bet on it. Console graphics are at the point where the average game buying public is well satisfied. Only the hardcore will care about PC superiority in a few years.

News Comments > RAGE Changing Windows
8. Re: RAGE Changing Windows Jun 16, 2011, 12:14 Jdrez

Creston wrote on Jun 16, 2011, 11:22:

It's kind of surprising that a game which can run at 60fps on the ancient, decrepit 360, would have issues with not being able to run at 60fps on a PC?

Creston

Not really surprising. Been that way for a while now. With a console they can literally map every thread, every single little thing tailored to the hardware right down to the smallest detail.

PC versions have to support so many different chipsets and configurations, it ends up a mess. Plus there's so little marketing interest in PC you end up with rushed, piss poor optimization.

News Comments > Call of Duty: Black Ops Annihilation Announced
6. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops Annihilation Announced Jun 16, 2011, 12:08 Jdrez

Can't believe they have the balls to give four maps and a couple mode additions a title as if it was an expansion pack.

I hate DLC so much.

News Comments > 2K on DNF PR
24. Re: 2K on DNF PR Jun 15, 2011, 17:31 Jdrez

Kajetan wrote on Jun 15, 2011, 15:18:
Hehe, what an amateur Lesson learned i hope ... if not, meh. There too many incompetent marketing guys around.

There are too many marketing guys around. FTFY.

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Jun 2, 2011, 14:00 Jdrez

The dumbass who faked the 'Bitcher' story should've perhaps done a little research first. Sasha Grey retired.  

News Comments > Red Faction: Armageddon Demo an OnLive Exclusive
13. Re: Red Faction: Armageddon Demo an OnLive Exclusive May 26, 2011, 20:13 Jdrez

No big loss. The last two RF games have been crap.  

News Comments > World of Tanks Milestones
3. Re: World of Tanks Milestones May 24, 2011, 16:45 Jdrez

I finally tried this out on Saturday. Ten seconds after the first round I went into started, all my team mate's tanks disappeared and the game froze up completely.

I did not give it a second try.

News Comments > Obsidian on Glitchy Games
11. Re: Obsidian on Glitchy Games May 9, 2011, 15:15 Jdrez

Alpha Protocol was one of the most horrible games I ever played. I feel like I got ripped off paying $7 for it on Steam.

News Comments > Assassin's Creed Revelations Announced
6. Re: Assassin's Creed Revelations Announced May 5, 2011, 13:20 Jdrez

Another cash-in expansion pack sequel. Meh.  

News Comments > Bulletstorm Demo
18. Re: Bulletstorm Demo Apr 4, 2011, 19:03 Jdrez

GFWL is completely transparent for me because I leave it in 'offline' mode always. No updates, no nothing. It "logs me in" in the background and that's it.

Of course, I never play multiplayer, because f*%(k multiplayer. So maybe that's the difference.

News Comments > Op Ed
14. Re: Op Ed Mar 30, 2011, 17:41 Jdrez

Gamers who read this site might want innovation but the masses simply want whatever's new.

CoD and Halo sequels sell because the lowest common denominator only cares about multiplayer anyway.

News Comments > TF2 Raises 300K for Charity
5. Re: TF2 Raises 300K for Charity Mar 30, 2011, 17:18 Jdrez

For some reason this makes me want to reinstall the game.

Warm fuzzies, damn it all.

News Comments > Op Ed
32. Re: Op Ed Mar 24, 2011, 17:39 Jdrez

Whiny article. He sounds like me when I was freaking sixteen. I'm thirty-one now and this stuff is boring.

Of course they didn't make the sequel the PC-hardcore-nerd paradise the first one was. They lost their ass on the first Crysis.

There is no money in PC games any more other than MMO's / The Sims. There never will be a return investment in AAA titles for PC again. Hence, all AAA games will be console ports from now on.

Why can't people get this through their heads and stop whanging about a return to 1998 that will never happen.

Cripes. Forget games, the PC as we know it is gonna be non-existent outside of guys like this's houses in 10 years anyway.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
9. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 10, 2011, 14:08 Jdrez

People who say the Cap'n cuts the roof of your mouth don't know how to eat cereal properly.

You're supposed to let it get soft in the milk first. Duh. (Soft, not soggy.)

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
12. Re: 2 hours gaming=line of cocaine Mar 10, 2011, 14:04 Jdrez

Pure coke is pretty rare. Cutting agents don't keep you from getting high so why wouldn't they wanna save money?

And yeah the guy quoted in this article has clearly never done blow, or played a video game. Or both.

123 Comments. 7 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo