Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Turd Ferguson

Real Name Turd Ferguson   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Turd Ferguson
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description ____________________________________________________
Homepage http://
Signed On May 13, 2010, 16:27
Total Comments 265 (Amateur)
User ID 55702

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ] Older >

News Comments > Warhammer: Vermintide 2 Beta
5. Re: Warhammer: Vermintide 2 Beta Feb 23, 2018, 19:14 Turd Ferguson

So far so good, been steady 60 FPS, minimal frame drop on my end. I had few crashes in earlier stage of the beta, nevertheless it has been pretty solid after their Feb 22 patch.

Bots do suck but there is enough people online to play with, new map is pretty sweet too.

It feels a little like it's missing a kick attack, like in Dark Messiah, ka-pow! LoL!

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Biomutant Trailer
4. Re: Biomutant Trailer Feb 20, 2018, 16:43 Turd Ferguson

There is something very appealing about a Samurai Trash Panda in a steampunk world.

Those little things that fell out of a tree, made me think of Princess Mononoke forest spirits.

News Comments > Elite Dangerous: Beyond - Chapter One Next Week
3. Re: Elite Dangerous: Beyond - Chapter One Next Week Feb 20, 2018, 10:22 Turd Ferguson

There is lots of story there, just not handed to you on a silver platter, you actually have to go look for the story yourself, haha yep.

Hopefully GalNet Audio will help with that a bit. I was hoping more of a GTA style news radio with MP3 support but doesn't look like that is the case here.

News Comments > Remastered System Shock on Hiatus
52. Re: Remastered System Shock on Hiatus Feb 18, 2018, 11:32 Turd Ferguson

RedEye9 wrote on Feb 18, 2018, 11:25:
...hopefully it will help those that have zero self-control and don't understand game development or human nature.

LoL!!! Perhaps you can educate everybody, I'm sure we can all learn something from you

50. Re: Remastered System Shock on Hiatus Feb 18, 2018, 11:09 Turd Ferguson

Jerykk wrote on Feb 18, 2018, 00:04:

How to have good results with crowdfunding:
- Don't back projects by people that have never shipped a game before (or haven't shipped one in over a decade).
- Understand how much games actually cost to develop (hint: they're really, really expensive).
- If you back something because of nostalgia, recognize that what you loved so long ago may not quite hold up anymore.
- Don't pledge more than $30. Those higher tier rewards might look enticing but if the project fails, you won't get anything at all. The riskier the project, the less you should pledge.
- Realize that the release date estimates are almost guaranteed to be wrong and development will take an additional 1-3 years.
- Don't get too attached to specific features or content described in the initial pitch. Game development is an iterative process and features/content will inevitably be changed or cut.

Really good rules to go by, well said.

This was my first pledge, I jumped into it with my nostalgia tinted glasses, full go ahead, well won't be making that mistake again, that is for sure.

Perhaps it will be completed one day, perhaps it will not, however the way things are going I'm not very optimistic, I can't even log into Night Dive forums, for some reason their authentication does not send out any verification codes anymore.

In any case, their lack of involvement with their backer community, scarce presence on their forums. It's hard to stay optimistic.

Their involvement with Starbreeze was the final nail in the coffin, I will take the game, if it ever sees the light of day, but doubt I will ever support Night Dive again.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
15. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 18, 2018, 09:29 Turd Ferguson

Each cruise ship has a brig (use to work for Princess Cruises), if the passengers get out of hand they get locked up and dumped at a first port of call, no questions asked but this, lol, this is just unbelievably unprofessional how the cruise staff have handled it... Assaulting a camera man? Kicking passengers while they are down, WTF kind of a training do they get there at the Carnival??

Nvm...rhetorical question.

This comment was edited on Feb 18, 2018, 09:42.

17. Re: Remastered System Shock on Hiatus Feb 16, 2018, 22:40 Turd Ferguson

Qbex . wrote on Feb 16, 2018, 20:36:
I fucking knew it when they announced they getting publish deal with that train wreck Starbreeze.

Well fuck, those greedy cunts responsible for Payday 2...

Now I'm really fucking concerned...what a bunch of horse shit! I knew things were a foot when they took forever to answer any questions raised by backers and now a fucking vacation?!? Fuck!

News Comments > Warhammer: Vermintide 2 Next Month
4. Re: Warhammer: Vermintide 2 Next Month Feb 15, 2018, 13:37 Turd Ferguson

Just snagged it on Steam to get in on the closed beta, gonna give it a whirl a bit later.

From what I remember from f2p weekend of W:V1 the character dialogue was awesome!

+3 Immersion

News Comments > Senator Presses FTC and ESRB on Loot Boxes
13. Re: Senator Presses FTC and ESRB on Loot Boxes Feb 15, 2018, 13:30 Turd Ferguson

Personally I don't want any government getting involved in anything video game wise, I also feel that when they do, rather than helping us, the gamers, they'll find a way to profit themselves while ignoring the core of the problem.

However, if the developers and publisher houses don't have the minerals to police and monitor themselves, who is there to do it for them? A public oversite committee? That was hell for music industry back in the day (referring to Twisted Sister vs Parental Control & Censorship).

My hope is with the devs & publisher houses...but won't hold my breath.

Would be nice to see "Because of profits..." not being the answer to everything for change....but again, won't hold my breath, lol

News Comments > Warhammer: Vermintide 2 Next Month
1. Re: Warhammer: Vermintide 2 Next Month Feb 15, 2018, 10:53 Turd Ferguson

No loot boxes, Mongolian throat singing, gory combat, coop, might be worth messing around.  

News Comments > Senator Presses FTC and ESRB on Loot Boxes
4. Re: Senator Presses FTC and ESRB on Loot Boxes Feb 15, 2018, 10:46 Turd Ferguson

If more ppl would vote with their wallet, we would not have this kind of issue, however, having a label "loot box alert" attached to the game would be a small step in recognizing that this mechanic is a problem.

News Comments > Diablo III Season 13 Details
8. Re: Diablo III Season 13 Details Feb 14, 2018, 18:24 Turd Ferguson

MrGrosser wrote on Feb 14, 2018, 14:00:
No story once you play through... some would argue there really isn't story even if you play through.

Aye. Most of the story elements were depleted in Diablo 2 & D2:LoD, D3 story had a good start but... the ending was a travesty, having said that, I really enjoyed RoS expansion, too bad it didn't come with Necro toon, ah well.

Here are some ideas where Blizzard can expand on the universe:

Deckard Cain: "Riders of the Lost Soul Stone"

Deckard Cain & Covetous Shen: "Adventures of Old"

Adria & 9 Circles of Hell

"King Leoric's Mines"

"Tal-Rasha's Tomb & the Sands of Time"

And my absolute favorite: Leah's "Scribes Gone Wild" Beatnik

News Comments > Diablo III Season 13 Details
1. Re: Diablo III Season 13 Details Feb 14, 2018, 12:05 Turd Ferguson

Another expansion or bust!

13 season of basically the same? Com'on!

News Comments > Out of the Blue
4. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 14, 2018, 11:59 Turd Ferguson

Shinobi Bato-Man!! Woohoo  

News Comments > Get Dead Space for Free
5. Re: Get Dead Space for Free Feb 13, 2018, 21:54 Turd Ferguson

DS1 was pretty cool from what I remember, no fpv was a bit of a deal breaker, nevertheless, it was worth playing, even if it was just for the death scenes.

Anybody seen Dead Space: Downfall?

News Comments > Dawn of War 3 Sets
9. Re: Dawn of War 3 Sets Feb 8, 2018, 13:06 Turd Ferguson

Same thing happen to Company of Heroes, first game was pure awesomeness and then it all went to shit, when they tried to innovate the whole concept with CoH Online.

Company of Heroes 2 kinda redeemed itself, however the internal economy stayed, not quite "lootbox" idea but still had to earn internal currency to unlock Commanders, skins and other perks.

I'm not sure if you can actually spend real money on the ingame currency or not (been a while), however you can still get the same perks by winning games (pvp&pve).

Did a survey not too long ago on Company of Heroes 3, perhaps they will release some news in not too distant future.

Use to love DoW, lets hope they will get back to the original formula.

News Comments > Get The Red Solstice Free
5. Re: Get The Red Solstice Free Feb 8, 2018, 12:53 Turd Ferguson

That is nice of them, I snagged it back in Jan.  

News Comments > Get The Red Solstice Free
3. Re: Get The Red Solstice Free Feb 8, 2018, 09:00 Turd Ferguson

It's only F2P for 48Hrs, and yes it was free on Humble Store on Jan 15th  

News Comments > Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 Rumor
8. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 Rumor Feb 5, 2018, 10:44 Turd Ferguson

Prez wrote on Feb 5, 2018, 09:25:
Slick wrote on Feb 4, 2018, 19:46:
The last BO game had the worst lootboxes I've ever seen, so strange that they didn't get the hate they deserved.

The ONLY way to get the best guns in the game that gave you a SIGNIFICANT advantage in multiplayer was to get them through special loot crates. You had a random chance to earn one at the end of a round, but I played that game for about 150 hours and got exactly ZERO of them. I was not alone according to player reports. I bought the DLC and was awarded one of these crates, that had a gun that killed about 50% faster than anything earnable through normal progression.

I had the option of paying like $80 to get more chances to get these special gun crates.

Having game-progression tied to paid loot crates is divisive enough, but AT LEAST you'd think that it would be possible to get the same gear by just playing the game. 150 hours and zilch.

Fuck that.

Not being much of a CoD player (when I do play them it's in single player only) I wasn't aware of just how sleazy it was done in this game. It seems that Overwatch brought loot boxes into the mainstream awareness and companies like EA, 2K, and Warner Bros sleazed it up to epic levels. I never thought the day would come when I'd actually be hoping for government intervention into the gaming industry but these sleazefuck companies will happily keep pushing this predatory, exploitative shit into their games until they are made to stop by law. Fuck these soulless, shameless, greedy fucksticks who brought us to this point. And a special FUCK YOU to Valve for thinking their hands are clean in all this because they are just far enough removed from the equation that led to situations like Trevor Martin and those Syndicate fucktwins whose lies and deception have exploited millions out of the gullible and the addicted through their sleazy CS:GO skin gambling sites.

http://e.lvme.me/p48uldt.jpg

Worship

News Comments > Elite Dangerous Expedition Plans
18. Re: Elite Dangerous Expedition Plans Feb 5, 2018, 10:36 Turd Ferguson

Aye, mining is a joke indeed, however they are addressing that neglect sometime this year, making it a full fledged career. Which should be interesting, specially with the big carrier base ships coming in to play.

http://elite-dangerous.wikia.com/wiki/Fleet_Carrier

Can't wait to play in VR

This comment was edited on Feb 5, 2018, 13:11.

265 Comments. 14 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo