Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Turd Ferguson

Real Name Turd Ferguson   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Turd Ferguson
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description ____________________________________________________
Homepage http://
Signed On May 13, 2010, 16:27
Total Comments 245 (Novice)
User ID 55702

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ] Older >

News Comments > etc.
2. Re: etc. Feb 5, 2018, 10:22 Turd Ferguson

Givin' the amount of attention they required, I would have eat them too.

nom....nom....nom Leer

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Elite Dangerous Expedition Plans
15. Re: Elite Dangerous Expedition Plans Feb 5, 2018, 09:07 Turd Ferguson

Spending the money on 1/2 of the game and complaining that it blows chunks because you only seen 10% of the the whole picture, it's not really a valid perspective. Horizons is where it's at, landing on planets, hearing your ship sequel and creek as you come in, into orbital glide, is pretty cool.

I think the whole soul purpose of Elite was exploration and everything else, later. Perhaps during the course of development devs got too excited about exploration that they kinda forgot about everything else?

Trading definitely wasn't on their priority list.

Whatever the case may be, good things are coming, gfx face lifts to the planets, also to clouds of interstellar gas and dust. Ships, trading galaxy map and whatever else they haven't announced yet.

I hope that they will keep turning up the creative awesome and slowly turning down the suck. Juggle

News Comments > Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 Rumor
5. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 Rumor Feb 5, 2018, 08:27 Turd Ferguson

I thought you said "Boobs on the Ground"  

News Comments > Elite Dangerous Expedition Plans
4. Re: Elite Dangerous Expedition Plans Feb 4, 2018, 17:38 Turd Ferguson

ED community is a very dedicated bunch, this should be great.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
6. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 4, 2018, 15:10 Turd Ferguson

eRe4s3r wrote on Feb 4, 2018, 13:27:
For a German, it's the time of year where advertising is apparently art, despite it being still useless disgusting advertising

Aside that, February 6th, Space X Falcon Heavy 1st launch attempt, has me far more hyped.

The adverts are the only thing I'am actually looking forward to, but this year they are all pretty pathetic, as if all the creativity was already spent on previous years

Pigeon wrote on Feb 4, 2018, 15:01:
My avocado's have been guaced, chips corned, and beer iced. I think I'm ready to go!

Well maybe except that one, needed more violence haha and make It With Keanu Reeves.

*Edit*

Watch'em here:

http://superbowl-ads.com/

This comment was edited on Feb 4, 2018, 15:34.

News Comments > BATTALION 1944 Early Access
4. Re: BATTALION 1944 Early Access Feb 2, 2018, 08:38 Turd Ferguson

FPS returning to it's roots? Yeh, it's called Day of Infamy, nice try tho.

Based on the choice of music for the trailer I recon it's made by late sipping hipsters for hipsters who have learned their history from Call of Duty WW2. I also recon it's a hard pass.

Seriously tho, I am kinda curious, what is that they are going to do different there.

News Comments > Frontier Pilot Simulator Early Access
5. Re: Frontier Pilot Simulator Early Access Feb 1, 2018, 07:20 Turd Ferguson

Not a big fan of flying around in 3rd person view, it has it's purpose but much rather have the good'ol cockpit view with option to switch in and out of it, or at least swing my head around like I can in Elite Dangerous. Angels Fall First has the same issue, great space combat but the 3rd person view kinda burst the immersion bubble.

News Comments > Insurgency: Sandstorm Trailer
3. Re: Insurgency: Sandstorm Trailer Jan 30, 2018, 17:04 Turd Ferguson

I have to hand it to New World Interactive, they surely make fun shooters, their Ai is pretty damn good too, wish Bohemia Interactive took some notes there, lol

Didn't get many hours in Insurgency but really did enjoy Day of Infamy, still do actually.

News Comments > Elite Dangerous: Beyond, Chapter One Beta
9. Re: Elite Dangerous: Beyond, Chapter One Beta Jan 26, 2018, 10:23 Turd Ferguson

The major problem with ED, imo, is that without digging through massive amounts of Reddit posts, or forums, there is actually zero ingame guide to what you're suppose to be doing. Well until now. With the introduction of the Galnet Audio, it will be easier to get your galactic info while space trucking. I just hope they will also add, MP3 support to it as well, GTA style, anyhow, here are some external sources that can help with the boredom in ED:

Guide to Decoding the Ancient Ruins:

https://www.tldrgames.com/guide/elite-dangerous/elite-dangerous-complete-decoding-ancient-ruins/

Elite Dangerous Star Map:

https://www.edsm.net/

With Thargoids on the loose, Guardians nowhere to be found, ruins and crashed ships scattered everywhere, good times all around

News Comments > Elite Dangerous: Beyond, Chapter One Beta
5. Re: Elite Dangerous: Beyond, Chapter One Beta Jan 26, 2018, 08:54 Turd Ferguson

I'm curious to hear about their new business model as well as what's going on with the Guardians, they haven't really given' too much info on either of the topics, so I guess will have to wait and see.

In overall there are some exciting times coming to ED, also glad they are releasing all this new content under Horizons, rather than making it into a separate "season" or DLC, gives it more value for the buck too.

News Comments > Age of Conan Fresh Start Server
1. Re: Age of Conan Fresh Start Server Jan 24, 2018, 20:43 Turd Ferguson

Can one still play this game and enjoy it for what it is without getting sucker punched by pay2win crap?  

News Comments > Elite Dangerous Livestream Recaps
6. Re: Elite Dangerous Livestream Recaps Jan 19, 2018, 19:20 Turd Ferguson

Rigs wrote on Jan 19, 2018, 14:21:

Yeah, the Chieftain looks badass except...I think they should have stayed with just the two engine pylons not four. Maybe push the pylons back very slightly for center of mass reasons and gone with that. Four engines is a bit much and makes it look a bit vulnerable (of course, in my opinion). Otherwise, looking forward to the update and the one later in the year as well. Hopefully we get some nice planets to land on instead of frakkin' rocks for a change...

=-Rigs-=

Aye, I did thought it looked a bit odd at first, also not sure about the functionality of the landing gear coming out of the rear thrusters like that, causing them to skew, but meh, haha looks good.

Yeh I sure hope that once the initial gfx face lift is complete, they will focus more on terraforming missions and exploring of golden zone planets. Really enjoyed ObsidianAnt's video on Outerra:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DlKz6r1uCfw

A full scale procedural Earth. If that was implemented with already powerful Star Forge that Frontier is using, we could have some serious planets to visit.

jdreyer wrote on Jan 19, 2018, 15:11:
While it's pretty stylized compared to Elite, the planets in No Man's Sky are very cool, and I haven't seen a beige one yet.

Hehe yeh, beigification is a plague in ED, at the moment anyways, you get either gray rocky, beige rocky/sandy, ice planets. And I guess a lot of the generated planets turned out to be beige, haha.

SpectralMeat wrote on Jan 19, 2018, 15:18:
Cutter wrote on Jan 19, 2018, 14:26:
You're right, can't wait for X4 to get here either. It's going to be so much better!
X3 was praised like the second coming prior to release, and we all know how that one turned out. I'll be keeping an eye on X4, but I don't have high hopes for it.

Speaking of spreadsheets in space , haha

I would also like to see a solid X game, one that does not involve remapping the entire keyboard just to deploy a cup holder haha.

What really tickles my nerd side is that Elite Dangerous is based on scientific model of our universe and I can go to real planetary systems that actually exist in our Milky Way (yes, I do know that a lot of the systems were created by Star Forge, but they do keep up with NASA and new discoveries), really helps with the immersion and whole feel of the world I get to play in.

The fact that I can go and track down Voyager 1 and listen to the golden record is mind blasting on its own. It's not much, they didn't have to put it there, but they did and those kind of little things make this game awesome in my books.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a-D2Nz5Vx2M

Space trucking a side, there are lots of cool ED moments out there Allthumbsup

This comment was edited on Jan 19, 2018, 20:18.

News Comments > PUBG Cheaters and Not Cheaters Identified
9. Re: PUBG Cheaters and Not Cheaters Identified Jan 19, 2018, 14:04 Turd Ferguson

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Jan 19, 2018, 13:54:

Looks like I can be in the extreme minority and keep avoiding PUBG, if the cheating is still that bad.

Wonít touch PUBG with a 60í pole...

Closing their eyes to benefit their wallet? Such practices should be shunned upon and shot down on sight by us, the customers. Itís pretty much whatís wrong with the world today, greed over substance & quality.

News Comments > Elite Dangerous Livestream Recaps
1. Re: Elite Dangerous Livestream Recaps Jan 19, 2018, 12:37 Turd Ferguson

Not sure how I feel about the way they have broken down the trade and how you view commodities in your discovered universe. The way they have it set up looks neat and innovative, however seems like re-inventing the wheel, the good old spreadsheet or a chart would have been a much simpler solution imo.

I believe ObsidianAnt shown a early prototype in one of his recap videos, if they implement that version with their Universe Commodity View, I will be a happy camper. Just not looking forward to typing out and trying to remember all the solar systems of interest, that I have already visited. Much rather spend my time flying around than sifting through the map of blue and green dots.

Yaay, no more beigeification of planets!

The Chieftain!! Holly shit that ship sounds nurly, looking forward to that baby!! Do like the look of it as well, it's not a triangle for once

News Comments > Petroglyph Sought Star Wars: Empire At War Sequel
14. Re: Petroglyph Sought Star Wars: Empire At War Sequel Jan 18, 2018, 17:36 Turd Ferguson

Ground assault was absolute shit, I remember thinking what the fuck happen there?!?! Space battles did deliver, had many good skirmishes there.  

News Comments > Get The Red Solstice for Free
6. Re: Get The Red Solstice for Free Jan 16, 2018, 08:35 Turd Ferguson

I like free, even has a good ring to it.  

News Comments > Morning Previews
12. Re: Morning Previews Jan 10, 2018, 14:17 Turd Ferguson

I'm very excited for Elite Dangerous, specially after watching this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fsqc6cELIJQ

Lots of changes on the horizon.

ED doesn't shine yet, but seems like it's getting closer to where it should be. Less "Space Trucking" more "Space everything else".

Take it away Yahtzee, Sir:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLzW0dl87JY

News Comments > Call of Duty: WWII: Resistance Trailer
5. Re: Call of Duty: WWII: Resistance Trailer Jan 10, 2018, 13:56 Turd Ferguson

Hehe the gore engine definitely looks good (takes a moment to ponder on Soldier of Fortune 2 flashbacks), will have to give it a go sometime.

3. Re: Call of Duty: WWII: Resistance Trailer Jan 10, 2018, 11:07 Turd Ferguson

Oh right, totally forgot about Killing Floor, yes but only the first one. Rushing to the vendor in between rounds was a bit tiresome, a side from that little inconvenience, I did enjoy it quite a bit, do people still play it or Killing Floor 2?  

1. Re: Call of Duty: WWII: Resistance Trailer Jan 10, 2018, 08:51 Turd Ferguson

Damn this looks fucking awesome! Say what you will about the antics of Activision (btw. I don't like them either), but in my books Nazi Zombies was, and probably still is (I haven't played CoD Zombies since CoD:Word at War) the most fun coop zombie shooter out there. Zombie Army Trilogy is damn close in fun department, just barely anybody plays it anymore. Really wish Sledgehammer Games and Raven Software did a stand alone zombie WW2 coop shooter. The amount of lore that exists in the CoD:Zombies is enough to get things going, just a matter of rights...ugh.

L4D was fun but short lived.

245 Comments. 13 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo