Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Wash Washburne

Real Name Wash Washburne   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Wash Washburne
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Just a regular fella...
Homepage http://
Signed On May 13, 2010, 16:27
Total Comments 158 (Novice)
User ID 55702

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ] Older >

News Comments > Elite Dangerous The Return Patch Plans
24. Re: Elite Dangerous The Return Patch Plans Jun 14, 2017, 22:44 Wash Washburne

Moog wrote on Jun 14, 2017, 14:52:
Wash Washburne wrote on Jun 14, 2017, 14:10:
Online-offline...don't care that much. Their offline mode does suffice
They don't have a fucking offline mode!

Haha...sorry forgot the " "

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

23. Re: Elite Dangerous The Return Patch Plans Jun 14, 2017, 22:40 Wash Washburne

subx wrote on Jun 14, 2017, 16:22:

Personally I'm amazed how little money they've asked for to continue development of the game, this second season seems to have been going for ages (I'm considering having another go, but was waiting for season three). If paint jobs are making it financially viable, it seems like a small concession.

That is a good point.

MeanJim wrote on Jun 14, 2017, 20:50:
Wash Washburne wrote on Jun 14, 2017, 13:26:
...but if you don't really want to do spreadsheets in space, this is it...at least until Star Citizen comes out.

I enjoyed Evochron Mercenary. I bought Evochron Legacy at release, but haven't been able to play much of it because my joystick is crapping out.

Cool, will have to give it a go when next steam sales come along!

Flatline wrote on Jun 14, 2017, 19:32:
Wash Washburne wrote on Jun 14, 2017, 14:06:

Well crap, didn't know that...guess be sticking with Elite for a bit longer.

So you've missed the thousand dollar cap ships and shit that has been sustaining Star Citizen for years now?

Ahh yes this might be a surprise but since I was under impression that SC is still in its early alpha stage and only backers have access to it, I didn't really bother to follow its development progress, not until beta at least. But judging what people are saying it's not the promised champion of space sim fantasy land. So meh, Elite you're my only hope!

9. Re: Elite Dangerous The Return Patch Plans Jun 14, 2017, 14:10 Wash Washburne

Cutter wrote on Jun 14, 2017, 14:01:
He cares because the game was supposed to be offline with an online component. And those "cosmetic" items are things people in the community should be able to create and distribute for free. You guys are probably too young to realize that used to be a common in thing in games. No one has a problem with them trying to make money selling proper DLC or expansions, but the nickel and diming really gets on a lot of peoples tits.

^^ This

Online-offline...don't care that much. Their offline mode does suffice, just how wings are managed, not too big on that.

8. Re: Elite Dangerous The Return Patch Plans Jun 14, 2017, 14:06 Wash Washburne

BIGtrouble77 wrote on Jun 14, 2017, 13:33:
I fucking hate their business model, selling ppl paint jobs, ship spoilers and other useless crap...but if you don't really want to do spreadsheets in space, this is it...at least until Star Citizen comes out.
Why would this piss you off? This game basically plays like an MMO, but without the monthly subscription.

The stuff you are complaining about is purely cosmetic. There is no money you can spend to buy your way into a better ship. There's no way you can buy your way into being a better commander than other players.

I am closing in on 1,000 hours in the game and the one thing I bought outside of Horizons was a 99 cent paint job for my asp. I'm fine if you don't like the game, but having minor cosmetic purchase options is one of the least egregious things I can think of them doing.

It's not that I hate the game, quite contrary, got about 150Hrs in it so far and loving it. Maybe I'm being selfish but I just want to fly and mod cool space ships and not pay extra for them, also how they split up original release and the release of Horizons, basically had to buy the game again if you wanted to land on planets but if you just bought Horizons, you would only miss out on the Cobra Mk4 ship. So to get both of the worlds you had to buy it twice. In a grand scheme of things I guess it's just an odd business model.

Dr_Dissent wrote on Jun 14, 2017, 13:53:
SpectralMeat wrote on Jun 14, 2017, 13:37:
I fucking hate their business model, selling ppl paint jobs, ship spoilers and other useless crap...
What would you prefer? Pay 2 win instead?

Yeah, that's Star Citizen. I'm happy with Elite--even if I haven't played in awhile. But I'm really sorry I ever invested in Star Citizen. Luckily, I didn't go crazy and spend over $100 like a lot of people, but the fact that you can buy your way into any ship you want is ridiculous. Don't even care if they ever release it at this point.

Well crap, didn't know that...guess be sticking with Elite for a bit longer.

1. Re: Elite Dangerous The Return Patch Plans Jun 14, 2017, 13:26 Wash Washburne

I fucking hate their business model, selling ppl paint jobs, ship spoilers and other useless crap...but if you don't really want to do spreadsheets in space, this is it...at least until Star Citizen comes out.  

News Comments > Call of Duty: WWII Trailer
7. Re: Call of Duty: WWII Trailer Jun 13, 2017, 21:46 Wash Washburne

Well looks like the old CoD is back, fingers crossed. You can shoot aliens, robots and other toons all night long and eventually, it will get flat out boring, not shooting Nazis tho, for some reason shooting Nazis never gets old...and it's always fun, a specially when they are Nazi Zombies.

The pattern will always go on, it's like a snake eating it's own tail. Not sure abut blindly throwing money at them but, will keep my eye on this one.

News Comments > Ace Combat 7: SKIES UNKNOWN Trailer
6. Re: Ace Combat 7: SKIES UNKNOWN Trailer Jun 11, 2017, 09:57 Wash Washburne

Take a look at this beauty: http://www.simpit.co.nz/  

4. Re: Ace Combat 7: SKIES UNKNOWN Trailer Jun 10, 2017, 19:27 Wash Washburne

I usually play with keyboard and mouse, also have Force 3D Pro which I use mainly for flying choppers in Arma 3. Seems that everybody that owns HOTAS just raves how awesome flying has become for them, so maybe there is something there, dunno.

It surely does support it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wshc40SbXsc

News Comments > PAYDAY 2 for Free
17. Re: PAYDAY 2 for Free Jun 10, 2017, 12:25 Wash Washburne

Numinar wrote on Jun 10, 2017, 01:51:
The "PS2" comment from Wash is ludicrous, though they are hardly cutting edge. And it is a game that you want to be running at super high framerate with massive waves of enemies in fairly large environments so it's worth it.

Is it really? Or perhaps it's a sarcasm that you fail to detect because the sudden rise of hurt feelings?

In any case, game definitely could look much better and still play just as smooth as it did, mind you it did not play that smooth at the beginning, they did heavy optimization after launch of their 1st DLC, also around 4th or 5th DLC (can't remember which exactly, it was the mercenary warehouse heist) they realized that light and smoke are actual elements that add to the atmosphere. Seems everything they did was just to get by, lol

2. Re: Ace Combat 7: SKIES UNKNOWN Trailer Jun 10, 2017, 12:05 Wash Washburne

Indeed they do, hymmzzz, maybe I should really commit to saving for HOTAS...maybe  

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront II Trailer Leak
6. Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Trailer Leak Jun 10, 2017, 11:59 Wash Washburne

Darks wrote on Jun 10, 2017, 11:55:
Agent-Zero wrote on Jun 10, 2017, 11:41:
not really

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XlLVL3kjuQY

Still looks boring as hell. And whoever was playing those chars is either stupid or just doesn't know how to play. It was so irritating watching that.

My thoughts exactly, also it doesn't look like they've implemented hero duels, or just duels for that matter. Meh...and more meh.

News Comments > PAYDAY 2 for Free
13. Re: PAYDAY 2 for Free Jun 9, 2017, 09:42 Wash Washburne

What I find interesting is that the game size is about 19GB in total, tho there isn't really much to the game and it still looks like something PS2 puked out.

Last ditch moment to boost their numbers?

VaranDragon wrote on Jun 9, 2017, 05:40:
There is almost nothing worse than hipster beards. There are people who sport really impressive beards & manage to wear them well, but they are few and far between.

https://goo.gl/images/FBdIsl

News Comments > Writer Jay Pinkerton Leaves Valve
9. Re: Writer Jay Pinkerton Leaves Valve Jun 7, 2017, 12:43 Wash Washburne

RedEye9 wrote on Jun 7, 2017, 09:30:
This can only mean one thing.
All the story and writing for HL2 Ep3 and HL3 is complete, Valve can finally start on the game development portion. Expect an announcement anyday now. heady times

It's a fully intractable feature film directed by JJ Abrams, which will lead viewers into HL3, if you own VR tech you will be able to watch the film and guide the story, via multiple story telling avenues, into what HL3 essentially will become. Jester

News Comments > Ex-PAYDAY Devs: GTFO
5. Re: Ex-PAYDAY Devs: GTFO Jun 1, 2017, 12:51 Wash Washburne

Darks wrote on Jun 1, 2017, 11:51:
The Half Elf wrote on Jun 1, 2017, 10:06:
So since he's the game designer, was he in charge of lies about micro-transactions, absurd amount of pay to win bullshit?

Or is GTFO the new 'gold standard' of how they will respond to their customers?

LOL, I'm wondering when hes going to drop the bomb on everyone after they buy into the game that there will be pay to win transactions.

These guys defiantly set a bad president on their rep with that lying ass bullshit they pulled on the community.

Very much so indeed! I had probably some of the best co-op times in Payday and Payday 2, before their greed ruined everything for everybody. Dunno, they would have to give away a shit tone of content to remedy their shitty business practice before I would conciser giving them more money again.

News Comments > Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare Free Weekend
10. Re: Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare Free Weekend May 20, 2017, 14:16 Wash Washburne

Kajetan wrote on May 20, 2017, 13:01:
RedEye9 wrote on May 20, 2017, 10:49:
The complete game is free for the weekend, play away.
No, sadly not. Only standard MP, no campaign, no zombie mode. Clicking on those, i got the note that i dont own this content. 44 gig wasted away, thnx!

Yeh, that's what I thought...nothing but a waste of time...

News Comments > Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare Free Weekend
4. Re: Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare Free Weekend May 20, 2017, 10:03 Wash Washburne

Is it MP only? Wouldn't mind playing a few SP lvls, could care less for MP...  

News Comments > Diablo III Necromancer Q&A Wednesday
12. Re: Diablo III Necromancer Q&A Wednesday Apr 30, 2017, 20:47 Wash Washburne

xLith wrote on Apr 30, 2017, 20:45:
FloorPie wrote on Apr 30, 2017, 19:39:
Cutter wrote on Apr 30, 2017, 16:56:
Stay awhile and listen....

Only to watch him killed by a witch with butterfly magic.

Yep with an in-game cutscene too. Such a shame. Should of at least had a CGI death.

It would have been far more dramatic for sure.

News Comments > Diablo III Necromancer Q&A Wednesday
10. Re: Diablo III Necromancer Q&A Wednesday Apr 30, 2017, 20:44 Wash Washburne

FloorPie wrote on Apr 30, 2017, 19:39:
Cutter wrote on Apr 30, 2017, 16:56:
Stay awhile and listen....

Only to watch him killed by a witch with butterfly magic.

And they gave Diablo boobs...

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront II Trailer Saturday
2. Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Trailer Saturday Apr 13, 2017, 11:15 Wash Washburne

I would like to see some god damn lightsaber duels (in JK II style), is that too much to ask? Yehh probably...  

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront II Commercial Leaks
11. Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Commercial Leaks Apr 12, 2017, 12:05 Wash Washburne

Muscular Beaver wrote on Apr 12, 2017, 11:19:
It really hurts to see such awesome trailers and then instantly realize that the real game will just be another gameplay-failure like the last one.
What would I give for a real successor of the old ones, improved in gameplay (imagine Jedi Knight-like controls for characters with a light saber in a game like this), or even a remake of X-Wing...

I was really hoping for light saber duels like we had in Jedi Knight games, there was none of that, and their flight model was just a sacrilege to any X-Wing / Tie Fighter game...

158 Comments. 8 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo