Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL, USA, IL 01/27
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Wash Washburne

Real Name Wash Washburne   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Wash Washburne
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Just a regular fella...
Homepage http://
Signed On May 13, 2010, 16:27
Total Comments 198 (Novice)
User ID 55702

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ] Older >

News Comments > Battlefield: Bad Company 3 Plans Leaked?
9. Re: Battlefield: Bad Company 3 Plans Leaked? Dec 12, 2017, 16:03 Wash Washburne

Slick wrote on Dec 12, 2017, 15:21:

The Vietnam expansion I really liked though, I don't know why someone says the soundtrack lacked, they had like 20 or 30 liscenced songs that would play from the chopper (anyone around would hear it). They just forgot to add an in-game UI toggle to enable it, you had to do a console command, or add it to the .cfg file.

I liked it as well.

Hymmz. From what I remember, please correct me if I'm wrong, they were mostly unknown titles, no CCR no Deep Purple, basically no iconic Vietnam tunes that I loved from most of the popular Vietnam film soundtracks. I really wanted to hear "Running Through the Jungle" while I'm flying around in my Huey.

Loved the radio idea in the vehicles

Edit:

According to the wiki this is their track list:

http://battlefield.wikia.com/wiki/Battlefield:_Bad_Company_2:_Vietnam_Radio_Soundtrack

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Battlefield: Bad Company 3 Plans Leaked?
3. Re: Battlefield: Bad Company 3 Plans Leaked? Dec 12, 2017, 13:40 Wash Washburne

F'ing stoked they are doing another one, BFBC2 was freaking awesome! The Vietnam expansion lacked quite a lot, a specially in the soundtrack department also flying choppers felt like they were on rails, but in the long run it was a lot of fun.

News Comments > Get Homefront for Free
10. Re: Re: Get Homefront for Free Dec 8, 2017, 10:53 Wash Washburne

Rigs wrote on Dec 8, 2017, 05:27:
jdreyer wrote on Dec 8, 2017, 01:49:
Is this the game where China was supposed to be the invader, but they switched it to DPRK so they could sell it in China?

In Homefront 3, the USA will be invaded and captured by the citizens of Grenada, in revenge for the USA invasion in the 1980s.

Anyway, as folks point out, free is free even though I'll probably never get to it.

You know, I kinda dig the alternate stuff. It takes some creativity (not much, but more than the normal). If it was Grenada or Panama or Nicaragua instead, even better. Like, they're games, the crazier, the better. You have this infinite medium to explore, let your mind run wild. Sure, there's room for the simulations but I think a WW2 shooter where reptile aliens joined Hitler and the 3rd Reich to take over parts of the US (like that two-parter at the end of the Xindi-arc on Enterprise) would be really awesome! Kinda a mashup of Wolfenstein and COD and Warhammer...Britain builds that iceberg carrier (in exile in Greenland) and Japan builds a triple-decker carrier, Germany gets the bomb, Stalin takes the Communist leadership and blasts off to Mars after being overrun. Then 40 years later, they come back and invade and he's been augmented with cybernetic implants to keep him alive ...go crazy!

=-Rigs-=

Commies on Mars....Ha! The true meaning of Red Planet

News Comments > Ultimate Fishing Simulator Early Access
6. Re: Ultimate Fishing Simulator Early Access Dec 2, 2017, 15:53 Wash Washburne

Well at least the first video nailed fishing atmosphere right, lol. I can see this being a good VR title, other than that, constant rain droplets on my screen would drive me crazy. I wonder if you do ice fishing, does your screen freeze too?  

News Comments > Arma 3 Tac-Ops DLC Mission Pack Released
2. Re: Arma 3 Tac-Ops DLC Mission Pack Released Dec 1, 2017, 10:38 Wash Washburne

Awesome sauce indeed, too bad no real co-op option tho.  

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
3. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Nov 23, 2017, 09:05 Wash Washburne

Only four eligible counties: US, UK, France & Germany...weak sauce.  

News Comments > Steam Autumn Sale and Steam Awards Return
11. Re: Steam Autumn Sale and Steam Awards Return Nov 23, 2017, 08:36 Wash Washburne

Not bad at all, picked up:

Hard West Complete - $5.78

Insurgency - $1.64

Crookz - The Big Heist - $2.87

Dirt Rally - $13.29

Douche Ex - Seasons Pass $4.50 may as well, since both bonus missions are $5/each, plus I get all fluff DLCs with it, so meh.

On a another note, anybody else finds fascinating that Bethesda released Fallout 4 stand alone version just for VR at a full retail price? Where every other title that either has, or added VR support in post release, it's a bonus, aka, free add-on?

Anyways, love how Ass Creed, Wolfenstein II and Shadow of War is already on sale

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Living World Return Nears
4. Re: Guild Wars 2 Living World Return Nears Nov 16, 2017, 17:06 Wash Washburne

Muscular Beaver wrote on Nov 16, 2017, 09:40:
Wash Washburne wrote on Nov 16, 2017, 07:56:
After a very long time of absence, finally jumped back in with PoF expansion, bloody brilliant, many changes and improvements, absolutely love how mounts changed the dynamic of traversing the world, can't say I'm a fan of Heart of Thorns, however do like how it brought in gliding and all the different mastery chains. Kinda excited and rather interested to see how will this episode effect the world of Guild Wars.
Same here.
The way mounts have been implemented, is probably the best way ever in an MMORPG.
I still was disappointed by the lack of content. Its really not that much and wont keep you busy for long. The thing that really keeps you playing is still getting every character equipped with ascended gear and exploring all the zones completely with every character. Achievements too, to some extend. And that all is a huge grind. A lot seem to enjoy the huge grind for legendary stuff, which are essentially only skins, which almost all look ridiculously overdone.
So I already know I will stop playing it again at the latest in a few weeks.

They should make more useful and stronger (for combat) mastery abilities. And the build system is still far too complicated. You actually need to fucking study the game for days and weeks to find the build that is best or suits you best. And for that I never had the patience. Im still playing what might be a really crappy build (and theres not an easy way to even measure how good or bad it is), and coming back to the game after years, makes it extremely hard to find a good build for every of your several level 80 characters.

Also its far too melee-centered. As a glass cannon ranged youre still SOL and need better reactions than in an FPS, and most of the time its simply impossible to avoid everything and not at least get downed (and lose all the charges you get from sigils).

For some one that is slowly grinding all the achievements in PvE, there is still enough content to explore, however I see where you coming from, perhaps they are saving it for Living World.

Stronger combat mastery would be fantastic, some of the hoards in HoT are very annoying, pretty much why I don't get to spend too much time in there.

Haha, one day some one in the map chat was complaining about getting one shotted in WvW events, while some other person chimed in: "Welcome to Build Wars!!!" haha, I don't do any PvP myself and my builds are very generic, even in PvE get my ass handed to me on regular basis, haha and probably wouldn't last very long in WvW.

I get my fun in taking down big ass monsters that jump maps

Kxmode wrote on Nov 16, 2017, 13:45:
Been with GW2 since the beginning. It remains the only MMO I still play today.

P.S. Griffon mount is so much fun!

I've yet to unlock it myself, just about to master Skimmer hehe

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Living World Return Nears
1. Re: Guild Wars 2 Living World Return Nears Nov 16, 2017, 07:56 Wash Washburne

After a very long time of absence, finally jumped back in with PoF expansion, bloody brilliant, many changes and improvements, absolutely love how mounts changed the dynamic of traversing the world, can't say I'm a fan of Heart of Thorns, however do like how it brought in gliding and all the different mastery chains. Kinda excited and rather interested to see how will this episode effect the world of Guild Wars.  

News Comments > A Total War Saga: Thrones of Britannia Announced
5. Re: A Total War Saga: Thrones of Britannia Announced Nov 15, 2017, 09:02 Wash Washburne

Very cool, interested how the main campaign will look like, I've been playing TW games for a while now and I'm loving TW:WH2 a specially The Vortex campaign. Mortal Empires has it's flavor but wish they kept the world map at it's actual size, rather than shrinking it to fit the old world. In any case, I am quite interested how will they pull this off with this title. I hope it's a good marriage between TW:Attila and TW:WH2, imo TW:WH2 brought much needed gust of fresh air into the series cause Rome 2 was very painful.  

News Comments > PUBG Sells 20M
9. Re: PUBG Sells 20M Nov 8, 2017, 09:21 Wash Washburne

Ozmodan wrote on Nov 8, 2017, 07:54:
You would think that with all that income they could at least come up with something to combat all the cheating in the game. Despite all the announced bans, cheating is still rampant.

Why would they? It's easier and more profitable to ban cheater accounts so they can buy another copy...that system has been working very well for Valve's CS:Go, lol

This comment was edited on Nov 8, 2017, 10:04.

News Comments > Ubisoft Denies Denuvo Slowing Assassin's Creed: Origins
24. Re: Ubisoft Denies Denuvo Slowing Assassin's Creed: Origins Nov 2, 2017, 08:30 Wash Washburne

Burrito of Peace wrote on Nov 2, 2017, 07:51:
Ironically, I have found my biggest performance problems are in the cutscenes. However, if I move the left thumbstick (which normally pans the camera in game), they immediately go away.

This was the only reason I haven't finished Black Flag, 3 attempts and do to constant cut scenes crashes, about 1/2 way through the game, can't get any further, Ass Cree 3 also had similar problems as well, it seams that Ubi games are optimized for console garbage only...

News Comments > Steam Halloween Sale Begins
4. Re: Steam Halloween Sale Begins Oct 26, 2017, 23:29 Wash Washburne

Vanishing of Ethan Carter is 80% off, good buy imo, absolutely loved the Edgar Allan Poe like story. Short game but neat setting and interesting puzzles.

Also Day of Infamy is 55% off!

This comment was edited on Oct 26, 2017, 23:48.

News Comments > Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus Launch Trailer
7. Re: Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus Launch Trailer Oct 18, 2017, 09:13 Wash Washburne

jdreyer wrote on Oct 17, 2017, 22:06:
NKD wrote on Oct 17, 2017, 20:54:
I hope the final boss is Mecha-Trump.
#NaziLivesMatter

Hah!! I slapped my knee, that was funny.

News Comments > Warhammer: Vermintide 2 Preorders; Warhammer: End Times - Vermintide Free Weekend
1. Re: Warhammer: Vermintide 2 Preorders; Warhammer: End Times - Vermintide Free Weekend Oct 18, 2017, 09:11 Wash Washburne

It has Mongolian throat singing...I'm game.... at least for the F2P Leer  

News Comments > Call of Duty: WWII Live-Action Trailer
11. Re: Call of Duty: WWII Live-Action Trailer Oct 17, 2017, 10:40 Wash Washburne

Do yourself a favor and buy "Day of Infamy" next time it goes on sale. Forget about CoD and its 5-12yr old player base, I guarantee you will have far more fun and for far less dough.  

News Comments > The Witcher Turning 10
3. Re: The Witcher Turning 10 Oct 16, 2017, 11:31 Wash Washburne

Number1

Awesome sauce!

News Comments > Free Weekend for Day of Infamy and INVERSUS Deluxe
8. Re: Free Weekend for Day of Infamy and INVERSUS Deluxe Oct 15, 2017, 16:15 Wash Washburne

Aye, I remember seeing Insurgency while browsing mods to play but for some reason, didn't catch my interest, however their "Molotov" update from 2014 looks like it still could be fun.

SpectralMeat wrote on Oct 15, 2017, 12:13:
I ended up buying it. It's bargain and have had too much fun to skip it at this price.

Sacrificed 2 fancy coffees at Starbucks and pulled the trigger on it myself, been a while since I had soo much fun playing FPS

5. Re: Free Weekend for Day of Infamy and INVERSUS Deluxe Oct 15, 2017, 12:04 Wash Washburne

Flamethrower is absolutely ruthless, the screams of your victims do make you cringe a little, well placed shots are very satisfying, even when the game doesn't give you any kill confirmation, the fact that there is no armor and everything hurts is pretty cool on it's own, and lastly voice acting is superb which sets the immersion to another lvl.  

2. Re: Free Weekend for Day of Infamy and INVERSUS Deluxe Oct 13, 2017, 12:34 Wash Washburne

Didn't have high expectations but surprisingly I had a blast playing this as well, animations seem rather clunky and the gfx aren't really top notch, however, you seem to forget that really quick once you get into combat, good times all around.

Played on Foy and Dunkirk, really well designed maps, good choke points with many routs to go around, not a clusterfuck like you get in CoD.

Worth checking out.

198 Comments. 10 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo