Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Andrew Baerga

Real Name Andrew Baerga   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname edaciousx
Email Concealed by request
ICQ 49393033
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 4, 2010, 07:47
Total Comments 206 (Novice)
User ID 55679

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ] Older >

News Comments > CS:GO Dust II Revamp
5. Re: CS:GO Dust II Revamp Oct 11, 2017, 20:10 edaciousx

can't expect valve to get it right all the time. or forever... valve is pretty much dead as a developer. They are just maintaining and not innovating. well, the controller was kind of cool.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
7. Re: Morning Tech Bits Oct 6, 2017, 12:47 edaciousx

Rhett wrote on Oct 6, 2017, 12:22:
Nevermind the press that clean energy would get.

But no, Trump, you give those reporters some free paper towels.

sounds like you're a little sad you didnt' get any free paper towels.

13. Re: Morning Tech Bits Aug 16, 2017, 02:29 edaciousx

i like how half the people here still can't believe trump is their president. lol. sore losers.  

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
1. Re: Evening Mobilization Jul 18, 2017, 09:18 edaciousx

this was super annoying. i removed touchpal updates to get rid of the ads.  

News Comments > Mass Effect: Andromeda DLC and Sequel in Doubt?
3. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda DLC and Sequel in Doubt? Jun 30, 2017, 19:39 edaciousx

i still haven't started the single player yet and i bought it at release. I played multiplayer and it was ok. heard a lot of issues w/ single player so chose to wait. Played deux ex instead, DX:HR is pretty damn good imo.  

News Comments > Writer Jay Pinkerton Leaves Valve
13. Re: Writer Jay Pinkerton Leaves Valve Jun 7, 2017, 13:28 edaciousx

I kind of gave up on half life. It's a bit insulting to the customers to promise more content half life content and then not release anything, not even an explanation or some kind of a thank you for our patience. Valve wouldn't be what they are today without their original half life customers.  

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
3. Re: Evening Tech Bits May 18, 2017, 03:32 edaciousx

Google for jobs... too late google. you missed that opportunity  

News Comments > On Sale
2. Re: On Sale May 5, 2017, 20:39 edaciousx

a flash sale, really?  

5. Re: Morning Tech Bits May 5, 2017, 14:44 edaciousx

NewMaxx wrote on May 5, 2017, 14:25:
The truth is people don't overclock properly. They push the voltages and clocks way beyond where you should be for their cooling, they use ridiculous air coolers when the thermal bottleneck is at the die, and they don't stress test properly.

I'm sitting with a 6700K at 4.4 GHz and 1.32V. That's proper. Yet you will see everybody and their dog claiming 4.6 at 1.275 with regular air cooling. First, I'm using a H212, which isn't high-end air cooling, and people at that spot shouldn't be dreaming of 4.6. Second, your system could be stable at way lower voltages if you don't test AVX/AVX2/FMA3 with real stress (Prime95). Case in point: Anandtech's table for the 7700K shows that AVX needs an offset of 200-300 MHz when overclocking to meet the same stability and temps. The recent video of the AMD guy overclocking has him plainly stating to use Prime95, too. Prime95 can add 10C over other tests on top of that - compensating for these temperature "spikes" Intel has on their 7700Ks. Lastly, you will degrade your chips past about 1.35V on air and 1.40V on water, although most of these guys upgrade every time something new comes along and pawn off the old stuff. This is even more true as cores go up, sources for this include guys at [H] having degradation on many of their chips at home plus the fact Intel even gives a maximum safe voltage table. The temperature bottleneck, additionally, is why so many people "delid" their CPUs to get far better temperatures. Tossing a giant air cooler on a non-delidded chip is pointless. Want to test? Run Prime95 for an hour and touch your giant heatsink...it won't even be warm.

Okay, rant over, sorry guys.

(for the record, this applies to Ryzen, too, so the guys advocating 1.40V to get that extra 100 MHz are not doing you a service - don't go over 1.35V on air with 14nm; also, if my personal voltage seems high to you, consider I need a chip stable in normal conditions for all tests - I've seen as much as a .05V differential between x264 stable and Blend stable; also, as an example of good overclocking, my 2500K at 4.5 GHz - albeit stable at 4.6 but I wanted overhead for long-term use - and <1.35V still passes Prime with the original cooler/paste at same temps six years later)

Good points... I am by far not an overclocking guru, I just used the basic multiplier settings in bios to get a few extra mhz.

I just recently upgraded to a i7 7700k and I noticed the temperature issues as well, they jump from 60 to 90 for a flash second and then drop down to 70s.... I have one of those giant heat sinks on and im not even over clocking.

Do you recommend I toss the giant heat sink and go water cooled for the i7 7700k?Even though I'm not OCing?

News Comments > Out of the Blue
14. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 14, 2017, 19:50 edaciousx

Quake key??? ME MEME MEM EMME!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for the generosity Mordecai btw! even if i dont' get it. still cool that you are giving it away.

News Comments > Quake Champions Clutch Trailer
2. Re: Quake Champions Clutch Trailer Apr 12, 2017, 23:40 edaciousx

has anyone heard anything about quake champions first hand? personal reviews? I was never a huge q3 fan but i was a huge q2 fan.  

News Comments > Gearbox: More Duke? No. More Bulletstorm? Maybe
9. Re: Gearbox: More Duke? No. More Bulletstorm? Maybe Apr 4, 2017, 14:45 edaciousx

jdreyer wrote on Apr 4, 2017, 13:28:
The Half Elf wrote on Apr 4, 2017, 12:38:
At first no I didn't realize but my statement still stands.

They have 4 titles.
Duke 3d World Tour
Bulletstorm Full Clip Edition
Homeworld Remastered
and Homeworld Deserts of Bleh.

Of those 3 are HD versions. Of those 3 games only 1 got a metacritic score over 80.

Bulletstorm was fun. I'd play another.
Deserts of Kharak was one of the best RTSs in years.

I agree, kharak was pretty good.

News Comments > Quake Champions Closed Beta Next Week
13. Re: Quake Champions Closed Beta Next Week Mar 31, 2017, 14:09 edaciousx

NetHead wrote on Mar 31, 2017, 08:45:
ForgedReality wrote on Mar 31, 2017, 00:46:
And the first two Quake games were essentially nothing more than tech demos that happened to have kind of fun gameplay.

The first two Quake games were pretty good, considering them nothing more than tech demos is pretty insulting to the effort put into design. They were good despite internal problems and mountains of pressure. If anything I'd say Quake 4 was the disappointment, excluding Quake 3 for those who wanted a single player experience.

I've always felt Quake's biggest problem was not knowing what it was, jumping between genres and even spillage leaking in from Doom. Though who knows how things would have gone had it been more unique and consistent. Quake 4 seemed to keep it consistent, to the previous Quake 2, though certainly wasn't the best.

Quake 2 was still my favorite. I loved the gameplay and environments and mods. It was probably the highlight of FPS pc gaming for me. CS was good for HL but I still preferred the mods of quake over half life. Action Quake 2 was so damn fun.

News Comments > StarCraft Remastered Announced; Original Game Going Free
31. Re: StarCraft Remastered Announced; Original Game Going Free Mar 27, 2017, 14:34 edaciousx

Hearthstone and overwatch are by far huge wins for blizzard. Don't forget about that other one, the battle arena one. forgot what it's called.  

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
12. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Feb 10, 2017, 17:59 edaciousx

Cutter wrote on Feb 10, 2017, 14:47:
Yeah, hold it in a muslim country and see how that works out for you. This liberal stupidity over this issue never ceases to amaze me. Yeah, fuck security, let's just open the borders entirely and let anyone do whatever they want. I'm sure that'll work out well.

This is probably the first time I 110% agree with you.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
3. Re: Morning Safety Dance Feb 7, 2017, 12:47 edaciousx

VaranDragon wrote on Feb 7, 2017, 11:34:
So did he repeal Obamacare yet? He said he was going to do that like....last week. Now I watched the superbowl interview and it's coming in a year or so. Maybe. Ha.

He already signed the order to start the process. where were you his first week in office?

News Comments > etc.
13. Re: etc. Jan 16, 2017, 15:27 edaciousx

cnn is allowed to report on half life 3 lol  

News Comments > DOOM Adds Vulkan Support
4. Re: DOOM Adds Vulkan Support Jul 11, 2016, 19:42 edaciousx

i wonder how this will perform with a 1070 + 670  

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
1. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Apr 22, 2016, 01:03 edaciousx

haha newegg...  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
5. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 7, 2016, 18:19 edaciousx

What a pleasant thing to say...

Cutter wrote on Mar 7, 2016, 13:09:
Ding dong the witch is dead!

206 Comments. 11 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo