User information for Mikey D

Real Name
Mikey D
Nickname
Closed Betas
Email
Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
I enjoy testing and developing video games.
Other than that, No comment
Signed On
April 20, 2010
Supporter
-
Total Posts
278 (Amateur)
User ID
Search For:
Sort Results:
Ascending
Descending
Limit Results:

278 Comments. 14 pages. Viewing page 14.
Newer [  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  ] Older

Re: Guild Wars 2 Pre-Purchases Get Beta and Early Access
Mar 14, 2012, 18:53
Re: Guild Wars 2 Pre-Purchases Get Beta and Early Access Mar 14, 2012, 18:53
Mar 14, 2012, 18:53

Don't fall victim to this beta crap any longer.. Have we not been abused enough? How many of these phoney betas must you fall for?!?! Playing a partial demo a week before release IS NOT BETA access..

Quit being fooled so they can impress stores with phoney numbers just cuz you want a tease of this game.

F2P games now have 5 closed beta's 2 open betas and a release, EA Sells beta games and gives us 1 day before everyone else.. After a 1 year pre-order...

Enough is enough!

Re: Red Orchestra 2 Beta Adds Maps and Deluxe Upgrade for Access
Sep 3, 2011, 11:27
Re: Red Orchestra 2 Beta Adds Maps and Deluxe Upgrade for Access Sep 3, 2011, 11:27
Sep 3, 2011, 11:27

Charging for beta, what a concept.. Offering the upgrade to prove they are charging for beta... What imbeciles

I played the game for 12 hours, I hated 11.5 of them and it got worse as I went along. I am a realism tactical shooter fan, but this game is far from exciting. This is beta, and problems and not all content is present, but that's not my fault.. I am not releasing a beta err I mean paid demo 2 weeks before release in crappy state. They are.. and they are charging for it.. so they get a real review.

The game is counter strike set in old times... The play areas on the map are small and have few choices of attack, they want you do fight instantly to encourage mayhem and blitzkrieg effects I guess...

You literally have to follow only a couple of ways to each point on the map, which in some maps mean you are crawling on your belly, or walking in a crouch down a corridor.. This game's problem is your kit... You are limited to what kit you choose to how you play your game.. Unfortunately, your kit means your doomed if you don't have your team playing together.. you get to a choke point, and you have no ability to chuck grenades around corners or provide the suppressive fire you might need to get that camper who is looking down the only hallway you HAVE to get thru.. So what you say, its a team game.. True, but none the less this removes 60% of the fun this game could offer. The rest is the point, lets say you had a squad working together, the maps are just way to small. Other teamates in another squad can get in the way of your squads actions and royally screw everything up. There's nothing you can do about that. Only choice is to play as a full clan of organized play. But that's not gonna happen, as who can have 16 players on all the time when you want to play. Not too mention the maps are so small and linear... By the end of my 10 hour session, I never wanted to experience that same fight over and over (AGAIN).. I literally was bashing my head in hoping for these 3 new maps..

Finally, speed hacks are already apparent and in this game, speed hacks dominate, as being in position first wins the game.. as well as perhaps some wall hacks as some of the famous servers out there, was getting to the point you never even seen the enemies in maps were you only get one life... same names up top time after time.

Finally, the game is just plagued full of problems, from interface buttons not working, in my friends case, he couldn't even see the
control screen to be able to play with me... alt - tab kills your mini-map, serious clipping issues, prone issues, I was seeing models in game in corners of walls and they would flip back and forth on the ground wall. To me this game ain't close to launch ready.

Game Score, 2 out of 5

Re: THQ Closes Studios, Drops MX vs. ATV For Now
Aug 9, 2011, 23:18
Re: THQ Closes Studios, Drops MX vs. ATV For Now Aug 9, 2011, 23:18
Aug 9, 2011, 23:18

Everyone missed the HUGE and IMPORTANT tidbit of info in that announcement

Volition, Inc.

Ugh hello gamers, DESCENT, FREESPACE, NEW UNANOUNCED IP IN DEVELOPMENT... WAKE UP

I THINK WE JUST LEARNED WHAT WE MIGHT BE GETTING

OR UGH.. RED FACTION

Re: WoW Drops More Subs
Aug 9, 2011, 22:47
Re: WoW Drops More Subs Aug 9, 2011, 22:47
Aug 9, 2011, 22:47

I think you are unsure why you quit, but it wasn't from the lack of fear of what's over the mountain, but more-so that there is no more adventure. The game has been completely cheesed down to a click n queue pugfest of complete and utter boredom. It's amazing how many millions of scenarios can be run by the same kids who can't do nothing but attack the first red dot in front of them, leaving strategy and skill a moot point. Next up, just knowing as soon as you get all the gear, a new expansion will come leaving you to more of a worthless endless mega month grind. And the biggest mistake was obvious. Changing the world was Blizzards most stupidest move ever. NEVER change what people are used too, build on it.. What you use to think of a home away from home became a forgotten memory. No interest to re-develop and re-explore... No interest to spend the $15. Eye candy does NOT replace solid foundation / shelter

Re: Bethesda Sues Mojang Over Scrolls TM
Aug 9, 2011, 22:35
Re: Bethesda Sues Mojang Over Scrolls TM Aug 9, 2011, 22:35
Aug 9, 2011, 22:35

Bethesda is going to bite off their own foot here..
The problem with Bethesda thinking is going to backfire.. See the key here is that Bethesda game name is "The Elder Scrolls". This puts mass emphasis on a certain type of scroll (Elder), and therefore anything not related to this Elder period has absolutely no meaning or confliction.. It was Bethesda's main problem from the start, and now others will learn about it.

It's like Red Sox and White Sox, they're both sox, and go ahead be the Blue Sox... nothing the other Sox can do about it..

This will lead to other companies now massively abusing the scrolls term.. (the backfire) and the beginning of the death of Bethesda, which already is doing a great job self destructing themselves.

Re: Bethesda Sues Mojang Over Scrolls TM
Aug 9, 2011, 22:29
Re: Bethesda Sues Mojang Over Scrolls TM Aug 9, 2011, 22:29
Aug 9, 2011, 22:29

No that's wrong, An independent, means your a developer without a publisher.. Valve now owns him, so Valve is a publisher for him, thus NO LONGER INDY.. Of course they'll play this underdog story out as long as they can get away with it

Re: etc.
Jun 9, 2010, 16:30
Re: etc. Jun 9, 2010, 16:30
Jun 9, 2010, 16:30

This Clan Spam is too watch, going to be a great site!

Re: Indie Pay What You Want Bundle
May 5, 2010, 09:19
Re: Indie Pay What You Want Bundle May 5, 2010, 09:19
May 5, 2010, 09:19

I don't think penny charges are processed, It could just give the item and refund the penny and then pay no fee, but its mostly paypal transactions. And I think paypal used to keep the penny, but probably (just a hunch) got so slandered and humiliated they now just give you the penny.

I wonder how many people only pay a penny too? Probably a ton more than the site indicates. :/

Anyhow, support your Indie's guys... Screw charity, screw the games themselves.. click that SEND ALL TO DEVELOPER link and pay up...

You can always get a gift code for a friend!

Re: Split/Second Trailer
May 4, 2010, 20:03
Re: Split/Second Trailer May 4, 2010, 20:03
May 4, 2010, 20:03

Sounds great, but is it one of those dull racing games where the whole fun (developer side) is creating the track via blind curves, and always on higher ground) Or can we actually have fun for a change and see where we are going and just race thru having fun pushing the upper limits?

Re: More Infinity Ward Departures
Apr 23, 2010, 23:45
Re: More Infinity Ward Departures Apr 23, 2010, 23:45
Apr 23, 2010, 23:45

Someone made a youtube video trailer of the credits of the last game with ------ thru the people who left... Looks like they need to re-edit that one with 5 more

Re: Ubisoft DRM Cracked?
Apr 22, 2010, 14:26
Re: Ubisoft DRM Cracked? Apr 22, 2010, 14:26
Apr 22, 2010, 14:26

Yup, nailed it on the head, the aftermarket kills them, because it reflects the true price of the product... PC games today hold the attention span of the gamer for about 15 minutes. They soon realize the game is not fun because it has zero playability and are more annoyed than entertained...

Problem is definitely in the product and not the pirates.

The consoles are younger generation and more geek than gamer, so they RUN (not play) the game through the story, usually with cheats on to get past the battles and whatnot to get to the end story, then send flowers and emotes to the devs on what a great GAME (heh) it was. But in truth it was nothing more than a interactive story.

Re: Warner Bros Acquires Turbine, Remaining LOTR Rights
Apr 21, 2010, 02:32
Re: Warner Bros Acquires Turbine, Remaining LOTR Rights Apr 21, 2010, 02:32
Apr 21, 2010, 02:32

well we all knew a new AC would never come, i mean they are going backwards in mmo technology, It's been over 10 years and still no system matches the design aspects AC brought to the table, you sit back and wonder how they made this game back then. These one on one battle cookie cutter MMO's will never shine because they never understood what made the game fun.. The loot rewards that meant something, and you were able to show it off in game, which created the community.. not some basic cookie cutter one suit fits all game.. and then the massive combat of not 1 on 1 combat that made every aspect of Dereth shine forever..

Oh well, we have the memories

Re: Warner Bros Acquires Turbine, Remaining LOTR Rights
Apr 20, 2010, 20:44
Re: Warner Bros Acquires Turbine, Remaining LOTR Rights Apr 20, 2010, 20:44
Apr 20, 2010, 20:44

Couple years ago I might have cared, but Turbine don't mean much to me any more. Even the AC classic is kinda like whoop dee doo, Can see thru them making The Shadows a playable class, the devs played as Shadows back in 1999 as a community event.

Basically there is nothing of importance left developer wise at Turbine, so its a move for them, means nothing to the industry, good or bad.

Re: Moved
Apr 20, 2010, 05:32
Re: Moved Apr 20, 2010, 05:32
Apr 20, 2010, 05:32

Danazer wrote on Apr 8, 2010, 08:27:
Bucky wrote on Mar 26, 2010, 20:56:
While the 470 has a performance edge of 2%-10%, it efficiency is much worse (thermals, power draw and fan noise). A slightly faster, less efficient card isn't worth $70 to me.

Great point... the whole idea of buying new cards when they hit the street is kind of ridiculous. Just wait 6 months and buy them. If everyone did that, soon the introductory price points would drop to a reasonible level.

I compared benchmarks from the 470 series to the 295 which I own.
I didnt see a valuable reason to even consider this card.
Seems like its an updated 200 series to address the heat problems, seems like it has better cooling design and removed some power consumption which i assume would help in heat issues as well.. Just a guess on common sense theory

But other than it having GDDR5 if i recall correctly.. it seems like it didnt even perform as good on the 295 for the critical aspects.. such as core clock, not that big a deal, but its triangle draw was millions off in the negative direction, and only non bottlenecked issues were increased... also seemed to have less ram, and less texture functionality.

I dont see the card selling at $350, which is $150 lower than the 295's, no way the 295's are going to drop to such a price..

Re: Ubisoft's
Apr 20, 2010, 05:27
Re: Ubisoft's Apr 20, 2010, 05:27
Apr 20, 2010, 05:27

Rhett wrote on Apr 20, 2010, 00:47:
They better not be PDFs... I hate PDFs.

Oh, and maybe manuals make good reading material outside of playing the game.

Meh its just them saying they dont want to pay anyone to make this crap anymore and to spin it off like they are some environment friendly saviors and get some free press.

Re: WoW, That's an Expensive Horse
Apr 20, 2010, 05:18
Re: WoW, That's an Expensive Horse Apr 20, 2010, 05:18
Apr 20, 2010, 05:18

Sepharo wrote on Apr 17, 2010, 11:54:
Krovven wrote on Apr 16, 2010, 17:05:
There are no mounts in the game that have the perks the Celestial Steed has. For the dollar amount of what works out to roughly an 45min to 2 hrs of RL pay, depending on your job, versus the time spent in game...it's easily justifiable.
Unless I'm mistaken don't you need to have a mount already and riding skill before making use of this DLC mount? It is essentially a "paint job" for whatever you already have.

Now if this mount was already in the game, could be used alone, and had it's own high "speed", but it took a significant amount of time and effort to attain, then and only then would I say this is worth $25.

The "perks" you allude to here must only be the fact that you don't have to pay $25 more than once. Quite the deal!

Is this my horse once I buy it? Can I sell it for profit? If its only obtainable by "Real Life" merchanting, can it be taken now for trade in any common merchant habitat or street corner? and if you say no? Why not? they get to create virtual things, inflict obnoxious real world value into it, but then control it as if were nothing outside te norm of a subscription based item?

Think Blizzard just opened a can of worms against this whole virtual copyright protection system of who can do what with what... Maybe they planned this.. I see it as awesomeness if virtual products are to be considered just as any tangible item and merchanting virtual items becomes 100% legal.. Why should it not? My super great great great grand pappy traded some beads for your great daddies animal skins. why not some virtual coin? Its all the same

Re: Ubisoft: DRM
Apr 20, 2010, 05:07
Re: Ubisoft: DRM Apr 20, 2010, 05:07
Apr 20, 2010, 05:07

Could it be they are using the PC Game industry for future testing? It's no secret everyone is bailing from PC...

Can they be using the self inflicted dieing PC industry and lackluster sales to incorporate this technology into console monitoring....

The only reason piracy is not an issue here because it is not tracked, once it becomes the easy way.. It'll will be their problem, then what do they do?

I don't buy the fact they are leaving this industry because of piracy, they just don't want to support and deal with the headaches of the non tech savvy customer and the gajillion different pc's and performance levels, multiple OS's and bits.. let alone all the 3rd party problems in between, networking, etc.

Consoles are easy, cheap, pretty non supportive, and sell for more...

If they can develop an anti piracy issue to take online console games.. that could be the bank they are truly looking at.. using piracy as the hoopla smoke and mirrors

Re: Ubisoft: DRM
Apr 20, 2010, 04:40
Re: Ubisoft: DRM Apr 20, 2010, 04:40
Apr 20, 2010, 04:40

I'll never support this type of DRM ever.
Nothing wrong with that decision, no excuses needed to feel this way.

Ubisoft thinks end users will cave. Not going to happen. This type of system encourages and promotes piracy.

If I want to play my game while my wife drives out to our cottage for a weekend, and cant because dont have internet access. That is pure ridiculousness. I dont care if I have internet access. If i dont want to log my computer into the port, then so be it... I won't miss any Ubisoft title, and no matter what great game they make.. I'll pass.
They won't make us cave, and in the end they seperate themselves from their fan base, the worst choice any company can ever make.. Right now they still see 900 million per quarter.. just wait 2 years of this.. See where it goes and itll be too late for them.. Too bad, we look forward to the losses.. not the games.

278 Comments. 14 pages. Viewing page 14.
Newer [  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  ] Older