User information for Mikey D

Real Name
Mikey D
Nickname
Closed Betas
Email
Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
I enjoy testing and developing video games.
Other than that, No comment
Signed On
April 20, 2010
Supporter
-
Total Posts
278 (Amateur)
User ID
Search For:
Sort Results:
Ascending
Descending
Limit Results:

278 Comments. 14 pages. Viewing page 12.
Newer [  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  ] Older

Re: Medal of Honor: Warfighter to Grant Battlefield 4 Beta Access?
Jul 15, 2012, 00:16
Re: Medal of Honor: Warfighter to Grant Battlefield 4 Beta Access? Jul 15, 2012, 00:16
Jul 15, 2012, 00:16

Anyone who falls for this is a true sucker..

No one remembers how EA ripped off its customers selling BF3 beta access for the flop game Medal of Honor? If this was April 1st, I'd be laughing my ass off.. But if this is true, my dream of suing EA for fraud may come to life.

They sold Medal of Honor, and gave BETA access to BF3, not even 2 weeks before release, and 24 hours later they released OPEN BETA, basically slapping any clueless kid who bought into their BS marketing scams..

They are doing it again? OMG, they serious think their customers are blithering idiots... And its starting to look like they are...

Re: Max Payne 3 DLC Next Month
Jun 28, 2012, 20:13
Re: Max Payne 3 DLC Next Month Jun 28, 2012, 20:13
Jun 28, 2012, 20:13

Beamer wrote on Jun 28, 2012, 17:37:
Closed Betas wrote on Jun 27, 2012, 23:34:
It there a real developer left on this planet? If not, please ship out to mars.

Wait, so if no "real" developers are left on this planet, who should ship out to Mars?
- The developers, because they're fake?
- Techie714, because he's the one you were addressing but somehow has no control over whether all the developers currently in existence on earth are real or not?
- You, because hopefully it has real developers, unlike this planet?

No, you assume wrong again on a typo. Its ship ME, please!

When was the last time you ever seen a game programmer job for hire?

There are no more game programmers. The industry has become a game production system. The term developer is weak.I don't think when you take a game, and have no other task then production of models, story, animation, and slap it together on some engine with a pathetic scripting system can earn you right to be called a developmer.

Lets take a look at google for game programmer.
Here is what becomes of it.. Nope, no one looking for a programmer, but wait here's a job.. Oh its for a Senior Game Integration Engineer.. LOFL. Lets read what its about...

"We're looking for a Senior Game Integration Engineer who loves to explore cutting edge technologies and take on technical challenges involving scaling and performance optimization. The Senior Game Integration Engineer will work with back end web developers to define appropriate client interfaces for online services, build client libraries for those services and work with our company's internal game development studios to incorporate online functionality. A background shipping games on multiple platforms is required. This person will collaborate with the game studios to learn and contribute to new codebases quickly and efficiently."

Great job, so basically if you want to be a game programmer, you come here, sit on your ass all day, building a framework for some 3rd party company who resells that aspect of the game engine to a publisher funding a bunch of IP owners... Sorry your not even making a game, your making a pathetic system some other can tap into.

Ever wonder why your dam game comes out broken as shit? And why it takes 6 months to fix it? Yeah, you're waiting for a bunch of suits to compile a list of broken shit to pass down to 3rd party hired morons to hack up their trash and make it work any way possible.

How the hell can you have a game company with no programmers?!?
Then come to me and tell me i'm talking shit? Back in our day sonny, We wrote all the code, 1 person, wrote the client and the server, and the game, and the engine, and the tools, the logic, the puzzles, the drivers, etc etc, and guess what.. The games worked, and we made mistakes on hardware and guess what.. we sat there and we fixed it.

Take a look at classic games like 7th Guest. and look what a real developer was... Sorry, back then when games were GAMES. Not a bunch of stupid suits with cash, trying to pump out more cash, hiring a bunch of fruits with stories and special effects thrown together in a trash consolized engine that barely navigate a join game lobby.
Yeah when you see those sad menus whent rying to join a game.. Guess what, thats a scripter they hired in 3 days to make that... 3 whole days they spent on you and your join... 5 years to model animations, 3 days to a scripter (not a programmer) to make a menu.. and call themselves devs lol.. No the real programmers left long ago.. Kudos to all you coders out there, dont go back!

Jun 28, 2012, 19:55
Re: Max Payne 3 DLC Next Month Jun 28, 2012, 19:55
Jun 28, 2012, 19:55

spindoctor wrote on Jun 28, 2012, 17:33:
Closed Betas wrote on Jun 28, 2012, 08:43:
We can actually... use our intelligence

Then why do you show absolutely no sign of intelligence in your posts?

Not sure why you call yourself the spin doctor.. You obviously can't even comprehend text, so why you need to spin it? See, your mind is at fault from start, it's weak. You can't comprehend negativity because your weak. So therefore the second you sense it, you've gone into attack mode. You are not interested in spinning anything, your interested in attacking it (any negativity you read, to insult it) .. Which is ironic, because your attacking negativity with negativity. Which is why you will now have to go to insults... Unfortunately, I know your weak type, and thus I'll troll you. Because you will leave from being tired in short time, and I will strengthen. I already even know your next pathetic steps, you are what is known as a antiwhiner. We know your entire traits and patterns by now.. You will attempt belittle me, make assumptions in masses, correct my graymer ) and investigate who I am to try to come up with some sling... or post a lolcat picture to derail or create a set of clones to try to strengthen your stance on me while you try to buff up and play this MMO game in chat, for something that you didn't take the time to comprehend in the first place which, is your fault.

Lighten up man, you may soon realize someone you don't respect can teach you something you don't understand. I've been down this road time and time again... Awareness can't be taught, only comprehended

Jun 28, 2012, 08:43
Re: Max Payne 3 DLC Next Month Jun 28, 2012, 08:43
Jun 28, 2012, 08:43

Techie714 © wrote on Jun 28, 2012, 00:47:
DDI wrote on Jun 27, 2012, 23:40:
Closed Betas,

Please go fuck yourself. You don't speak for all PC gamers.

Oh Snap! Shocked LOL

Funny he lashes out, most of the weak do...

Here's the truth... Us real PC enthusiasts don't call ourselves gamers anymore.. There is a clear difference, Since you twats want to call yourself gamers... We now call ourselves PC "Players". Unlike you, we can actually use the keyboard, we actually have dexterity, we actually can learn, and get better, we don't need comic books and story telling to aid us thru our pathetic lives. We can actually compete in a real action and use our intelligence , we don't need to be submerged in a story of what its like to be an actually functioning human. We have no shame, for we are not the weak, we are the player.

In a nutshell, We PLAY our games... we don't let them play us..
Have fun gamer.

Jun 27, 2012, 23:34
Re: Max Payne 3 DLC Next Month Jun 27, 2012, 23:34
Jun 27, 2012, 23:34

Techie714 © wrote on Jun 27, 2012, 22:34:
Just finished Max Payne 3 a few days ago! What an excellent game with a great storyline, game play mechanics, & graphics. On the narrative side it reminded me of an old Miami Vice episode with a heavy does of Michael Mann thrown in. One part in a night club was JUST like the movie "Collateral". If you're in the mood for an awesome game filled with great shooting mechanics, action & a great story get this game! If you want to just shoot shit get another game this one is all about the story! So far one of the best games I've played this year.
*I've not played Mass Effect 3 yet*

I'd really like to see some more single player DLC I can careless about the MP part of the game...

Why do you interactive movie clowns come to the PC and destroy it?
The PC is for playability and modding. Telling us straight up this game is about the story? No this interactive story sells you by faking itself as a game.. GO back to your console and take this trash with you.. It there a real developer left on this planet? If not, please ship out to mars.

Re: Spider-Man Swings onto PCs
Jun 27, 2012, 23:31
Re: Spider-Man Swings onto PCs Jun 27, 2012, 23:31
Jun 27, 2012, 23:31

PC fans? This is pure fabrication... This writer has no clue and no future in this biz with this comical crap marketing trash.

Re: Ghost Recon: Future Soldier Patches
Jun 27, 2012, 22:58
Re: Ghost Recon: Future Soldier Patches Jun 27, 2012, 22:58
Jun 27, 2012, 22:58

Why does Ubisoft still makes games? No one wants them.

Re: Digital Diablo III Now Spends 72 Hours as Starter Edition
Jun 26, 2012, 18:57
Re: Digital Diablo III Now Spends 72 Hours as Starter Edition Jun 26, 2012, 18:57
Jun 26, 2012, 18:57

since we are ragin,g i think the biggest dissappointment with the game that makes it kinda boring is the fact, rare drops are pretty worthless.. I think when a yellow should drop. it should be worth wearing/weilding at that level. So many blue items I have are better than the yellows, and there is just so much of it that has junk stats, that you get so drowned out you think the AH is your answer and becomes that cheap fix.. So far, i have not bought anything on the AH, as I feel thats cheap... but i do see how others complain its needed.... The loot is just too much junk, make it less drop yellow but when it does make it useful.. not sure why rare items are salvaged just as much as blue in nightmare etc..

Re: PlanetSide 2 External Beta Details
Jun 26, 2012, 18:49
Re: PlanetSide 2 External Beta Details Jun 26, 2012, 18:49
Jun 26, 2012, 18:49

nothing but a cheap ploy to boost ps1 subscriptions.. they been banking off this beta exploit for a while now... Big fan now, no longer caring.. gonna be hard to hook me back.

Re: Diablo III Bans
Jun 12, 2012, 19:44
Re: Diablo III Bans Jun 12, 2012, 19:44
Jun 12, 2012, 19:44

CJ_Parker wrote on Jun 12, 2012, 19:37:
They need to start shooting people who cheat. You know... random drive-by shootings of Battle.net cheaters in a few major cities. Then call anonymous when the whole thing airs on America's Most Wanted and tip them off about the Battle.net link. Psychological warfare at its finest. Instill fear. Make the cheaters piss and shit their pants when they set a foot outside their homes. Make them crumble, break down and run home to mommy with their soiled panties and tears running down their stupid little retard faces...

Ah, yes. One can at least dream about a free world where free people execute acts of freedom, right?

Ahem... RIGHT?!?

would be a cool game to make.

Re: Diablo III Bans
Jun 12, 2012, 18:22
Re: Diablo III Bans Jun 12, 2012, 18:22
Jun 12, 2012, 18:22

If Kripparian, a known exploiter that exploits on Youtube and Twitch.tv live ain't banned, (just recently making a video on how he
exploits the auction house by setting his machine time back to remove items, I call the Bullshit card out.

Re: Carmageddon: Reincarnation Kickstarter
May 9, 2012, 18:44
Re: Carmageddon: Reincarnation Kickstarter May 9, 2012, 18:44
May 9, 2012, 18:44

Dev wrote on May 9, 2012, 12:29:
SM0k3 wrote on May 9, 2012, 03:40:
Bumpy wrote on May 8, 2012, 22:57:

Now, where is the Interstate '76 kickstarter?

F**k yes! I'd happily pledge to that! Thumbsup
Me too, that was a fun game

Please don't support these scams, you are just paying for rent on a game they are already going to make.. Would these guys give you money for your dream and future job?

Re: Questionable Kickstart Cancelled
May 7, 2012, 20:14
Re: Questionable Kickstart Cancelled May 7, 2012, 20:14
May 7, 2012, 20:14

kickstarts are a fad, already those looking to exploit, they all are here TOO exploit, and it will get worse... Keep your money in your pockets, quit paying for other peoples dreams, they have investment firms for a reason... If they can't get funding thru them, then they should not have jobs...

Re: Morning Mobilization
May 7, 2012, 20:09
Re: Morning Mobilization May 7, 2012, 20:09
May 7, 2012, 20:09

PropheT wrote on May 7, 2012, 15:17:
eunichron wrote on May 7, 2012, 13:11:
I've been with Verizon since 2003, in two different states, and honestly I couldn't be happier with them. I've never had a billing issue, service is excellent, every time I've upgraded my phone it's gone without a hitch, and they grandfathered in my unlimited 3G plan when I upgraded to a 4G phone.

Of course I haven't tried any other carrier so I can't compare, but in 9 years I haven't had a reason to change.

Same for me.

When I did get my latest phone they steered my wife away from buying an iPhone, but the reasons they gave make a lot more sense than just if they're steering people toward 4G devices; Verizon doesn't provide warranty service, Apple does, and a number of other issues that prevent Verizon from doing much other than just selling the phone to people and letting everyone else handle supporting it afterward.

Apple charges 5 times the price for everything, they can give you 4 warranties for no loss. Ever wonder why a 250 gig MAC hard drive was
$400 and a 1tb pc drive was $99? Bottom line its the same drive.. MACS are mostly all pc's now lol

Re: Morning Mobilization
May 7, 2012, 20:04
Re: Morning Mobilization May 7, 2012, 20:04
May 7, 2012, 20:04

Dev wrote on May 7, 2012, 16:55:
Every additional megabyte you use in this network, I have to invest capital."

Ohhh pooor CEO baby.

So frigging invest the capital and expand already! You've got the money, use it already. As I recall, you've gotten lots of government money and tax breaks to do just that. And you are making more than enough on text messages which take almost no bandwidth, to put it into expanding.

Does this mean AT&T always owned Tmobile? Im really confused.
I just cancelled my Tmobile 5 months ago because they throttled me on a unlimited bandwidth account. They told me they NEVER had a unlimited plan (yada yada yada) and told me I was nuts.. What a scam, i should take this article and them to court.. Obvious scammers and they just gave me the proof...
Do yourself a favor, and dtay far away from AT&T... This company is pure evil.

Re: Diablo III Interview
May 7, 2012, 19:58
Re: Diablo III Interview May 7, 2012, 19:58
May 7, 2012, 19:58

jdreyer wrote on May 7, 2012, 19:06:
eRe4s3r wrote on May 7, 2012, 12:10:
It's also what every reply to such a post explains.. what do people not get when we talk about offline mode? Offline mode, as in a mode only played OFFLINE?

Are there people not understanding the concept of offline? We don't want open b.net or bullshit, we want a SP offline mode. Without AH, without anyone seeing it, or being able to join it. With mod support!

THIS. Would it really be so hard to simply have an offline mode where the chars were completely separate and banned from playing in the online mode? I have a stable internet connection, but I travel a bit, and the hotels I stay in often don't have free internet.

Glad there's TL & TL2 for this fix.

To do that, they'd require a client side item database, and they are not supporting that.

Re: Diablo III Interview
May 7, 2012, 19:55
Re: Diablo III Interview May 7, 2012, 19:55
May 7, 2012, 19:55

Identifying stuff was a money sink, and a economy trick, as many items came out to be worthless when identified. Repairing gear is obvious penalty for death and another money sink. For other games in the old days it was a economy thing and people did the work... The 9 year old cry babies ruined all the real games.. Diablo 3 is all we have left in real games... lets take it and enjoy it please.

Re: Quoteworthy: Notch Knocks
May 3, 2012, 19:44
Re: Quoteworthy: Notch Knocks May 3, 2012, 19:44
May 3, 2012, 19:44

No you can't dude, Independent is Independent.. There is not a
"personal" choice to this terminology. Do you even comprehend what independent means.. Thats the whole exact point of the term, to be INDEPENDENT of the PUBLISHER. ANY PUBLISHER, to be your OWN publisher... DUH

May 3, 2012, 19:20
Re: Quoteworthy: Notch Knocks May 3, 2012, 19:20
May 3, 2012, 19:20

for those that think going to a bigger publisher is okay as long as it was developed independently.. That's just wrong.

The whole thing about Indie companies is to stop the bleeding from what publishers are doing to the industry. Thats why they choose this route.. No one makes a game then says, hi please sell this for us.. We funded it ourselfs and failed to sell it.. And guess what, then its no longer an Indie.. Its OBVKOUSLY no longer independent of a publisher lol.. <insert rude awakening wakeup bitch slap here> sorry not trying to be rude, but seriously.. if you can't see this obvious situation, something is wrong in your brain.

May 3, 2012, 19:16
Re: Quoteworthy: Notch Knocks May 3, 2012, 19:16
May 3, 2012, 19:16

Ugh, you are wrong in your thought process.

Just bring it down to its core level, you are branded now in the term Indie... What is indie?

Its independent publisher, that means, you are the independent publisher... So yes, if EA is publishing games and then marketing "Indie" its obvious exploitation as usual from what we know is pure evil.

EA was realized years ago, they would strip fun out of the game, so they can sell the same game again a year later. We see them buy out rights, we see them buy out companies.. It's over... they bled the turnip, now we get to sit back and watch them crumble in their own stupidity.. I will enjoy these next couple years

278 Comments. 14 pages. Viewing page 12.
Newer [  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  ] Older