Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Bend, OR 04/29

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Ferri gianni

Real Name Ferri gianni   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Xirgu
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 26, 2010, 11:50
Total Comments 79 (Suspect)
User ID 55625

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

News Comments > KOTOR Reboot & New BioWare IP Rumors
24. Re: KOTOR Reboot & New BioWare IP Rumors Apr 12, 2017, 09:43 Xirgu

fxk kotor.. reboot the jedi academy series..  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
7. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 15, 2017, 12:23 Xirgu

avatar 2.. 3?? 4 !!! and.. 5 ??? really? I d love a 2, as I like the tech demo, but 3 and further parts of dances w. wolves in space ? I wish cameron would pick another movie for his lifeŽs work..  

6. Re: Maxtrix reboot Mar 15, 2017, 12:15 Xirgu

prometheus.. that brings memories
https://photos.smugmug.com/photos/i-LZg3Rz5/0/L/i-LZg3Rz5-XL.jpg
matrix.. weŽll see. whats with the reboot things? those arent even sequels.. move on to new things people.

News Comments > Starbreeze Investing in System Shock 3
19. Re: Starbreeze Investing in System Shock 3 Mar 15, 2017, 11:56 Xirgu

long wait till its here .. we ll see. hope for the best, but ... even if they botch it it will keep the franchise alive.  

News Comments > Steam VR Drops Course Requirement
2. Re: Steam VR Drops Course Requirement Feb 22, 2017, 10:08 Xirgu

they finally realised putting entry barriers to future devs is a bad business decision, or they milked the early adopters already. 3K is a significant hurdle for small devs thinking of maybe trying this out. Hell, they should give the courses for free & give free doritos if they want this to succeed.  

62. Re: On Sale Feb 14, 2017, 06:43 Xirgu

wow, nice discussion, shame i missed it
just like to add two little things on the faith vs belief.. the VAST majority of people do not understand science, and have a rather intense "belief" structure in science, its kind of a religion for most people, and feel personally attacked if anything in there is questioned, when that is supposed to be the basis of science. scientists are often guilty of this as well, even automatically disregarding fellow scientists when their views differ from " the established"

A little imho on this comment " this chart looks like C# code to me. It is incredibly organized into "namespaces" and "classes" that can be mixed and matched to get different results. How is that not made? I would never think a programming language like C# just came about by chance. "
.. I would say remember you are not looking at reality, you are looking at our (mathematical) interpretation of it, devised to make sense to us, of course it is going to be organised, because otherwise the model would be useless to us.
to make my point here is an example: everyone knows the planets orbit around the sun right? and this is so elegant and nice.

now think about two balls , one orbiting the other, look at it from the point of view of the other and you will see who orbits who depends on which point you choose to observe from. same applies when there are more balls present.
therefore you can say the center of the solar system is the earth of even the moon if you like, for "reality" it is irrelevant if the centre of the solar system is a dot somewhere inside the sun or inside the earth or wherever and it is just as true. however the guy calculating planetary positions is left with weird intersecting ellipses instead of almost circles and has a lot more work so why not think of it as a circle with the sun at its centre?
so we CHOOSE to see it as a circle ( ellipsoid) because then we can use easier math this way.
does it mean in reality the orbits are designed thus? the question is meaningless.

we choose the formulas we use, because we can easily use them to build things/test theorems etc that is one of the cornerstones of science. it deals with the "how" of things, not the " why".
seeing patterns in the rules and models we choose to apply can be indicative of hidden patterns in reality but this does not have to be the case.

a purely personal point of view is that evidence of planning/system in creation is often seen in living beings.. with critters like bombardeer beetles the evolutive advantage of having half the system seems null and the chances of this defense evolving in one purely random mutation stretches belief imho.

News Comments > Sunday Legal Briefs
10. Re: Sunday Legal Briefs Feb 13, 2017, 06:30 Xirgu

generally not illegal.. but you need to buy it. laws against "copied" content seem to be rather strict.

News Comments > Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns Living World Season 3 Episode 4
1. Re: Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns Living World Season 3 Episode 4 Feb 10, 2017, 07:47 Xirgu

loved gw2, played it to death, but unsure if this is worth going back.. has anyone played heart of thorns and if so do u recommend it? as in, is it something worth going back to gw2 for if you have already done everything up to and including building legendary?  

39. Re: On Sale Feb 9, 2017, 05:05 Xirgu

I couldnt stop from reading it... trying VERY hard to forget...there is a video but couldnt watch it.
.. end remark for the second case (first in india second in washington) "consider sleeping with your hat on"

48. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 6, 2017, 07:22 Xirgu

not sure if this will be of help since I live in Europe, but I had a similar problem. satellite internet is crap, and has awful pings as well ( that pesky light speed barrier..), and noone is putting cable to an isolated house. In my case I found a rural wireless provider... , these are smallish companies that set repeater stations in the countryside and then an antenna on your roof pointing towards their antenna, it doesnt compare to fibre but you can get pretty decent internet that way IF it is available in your area. I googled " rural internet florida" & rural internet lake city and found a few promising hits... hope you find something decent there.  

News Comments > ZeniMax Wins $500M in Oculus Lawsuit
30. Re: On Sale Feb 2, 2017, 10:55 Xirgu

not sure where all this doom and gloom comes from. lots of companies throwing money at vr.. for board room/meeting systems, medical training, engineering has been using VR forever, some companies selling houses have vr tours, etc etc.. all niche areas but lots of them, I even saw a working demo of a system to treat people having anxiety disorders. gaming is slowly picking up too, with consoles having VR..its just new.
It is expensive though so you wont have one in every home for a while, but like tv`s it will get there..just give it a year or 2 to reach large numbers. it wont die out as its not just gaming driving its development.

News Comments > EU Probing Steam and Others for Region Blocking Games
2. Re: EU Probing Steam and Others for Region Blocking Games Feb 2, 2017, 10:39 Xirgu

? I buy lots of games from steam and never had an activation key tell me the location was banned.. or does this only affect poland/czech republic? in any case yay for removing all forms of geo-location blocking..  

News Comments > For Honor Open Beta Next Month
3. Re: For Honor Open Beta Next Month Feb 1, 2017, 09:01 Xirgu

has a lot of potential .. if they can tweak it just right  

4. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 31, 2017, 11:29 Xirgu

great vid on the construction failures, especially the last one  

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online Announcement Tomorrow
10. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Announcement Tomorrow Jan 31, 2017, 10:08 Xirgu

I played eso in final stages of beta.. I remember nice videos, and cutscenes, but I also remember heroes vastly outnumbering critters, poor goblins spawning and being gang-raped within 0.0001 seconds of their spawning, too many " heroes" kinda killed the game for me. I felt like part of an army of red ants destroying what little landscape and wildlife there was.
I hear it was become a lot better since then, and that it also became kinda free to play, any chance you could say what makes it great for you? kinda looking for a decent mmo and have lost interest in black desert online..

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse
2. Re: Sunday Metaverse Jan 30, 2017, 06:41 Xirgu

its only been a week.. 4 years of this guy isnt funny..  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
1. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jan 23, 2017, 11:58 Xirgu

cant believe it is illegal to fix your own stuff..

News Comments > Werewolf: The Apocalypse Game Plans
6. Re: Werewolf: The Apocalypse Game Plans Jan 20, 2017, 11:57 Xirgu

if it is about the old world, this could be special, white wolf had some great developed fantasy worlds back then. (& in tscimisce the last genuinally scary rpg vampires).. the lore of the old werewolf clans/vampire houses was great with some truly memorable characters. white-wolf seems to be in the process of being reborn (check their website) only time will tell , but the potential for greatness is there!  

News Comments > MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries Announced
41. Re: MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries Announced Dec 5, 2016, 10:23 Xirgu

ooohhhhhhh... MW 2 was one of my all time favourites.. now just do the same but with an Oculus and I ll buy one!  

News Comments > Steam Autumn Sale & Steam Awards
45. Re: Steam Autumn Sale & Steam Awards Nov 25, 2016, 09:17 Xirgu

curious why people say shadow warrior 2 is a much better game than doom.. I found doom great, though only in high difficulty ( in default it was empty and thus meh), whats so great about shadow warrior 2 ?  

79 Comments. 4 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo