Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Razumen

Real Name Razumen   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 13, 2010, 15:29
Total Comments 664 (Apprentice)
User ID 55599

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Star Citizen Gameplay Video
31. Re: Star Citizen Gameplay Video Oct 14, 2018, 02:20 Razumen

DangerDog wrote on Oct 13, 2018, 15:37:
Razumen wrote on Oct 13, 2018, 08:04:
DangerDog wrote on Oct 13, 2018, 05:24:
The demo was live but it was 100% pre-scripted.

All demos are pre-scripted, that doesn't mean anything. And the guy fudges a jump and dies, I'm pretty sure they didn't plan that.

Watched someone playing the Alpha 3.3 PTU on youtube, Didn't look anything like what they showed off in the demo. It's like they added just enough content to make that presentation but nothing more.

So the devs have a more complete version of the game? COLOR ME SCHOCKED!

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Star Citizen Gameplay Video
10. Re: Star Citizen Gameplay Video Oct 13, 2018, 08:04 Razumen

DangerDog wrote on Oct 13, 2018, 05:24:
The demo was live but it was 100% pre-scripted.

All demos are pre-scripted, that doesn't mean anything. And the guy fudges a jump and dies, I'm pretty sure they didn't plan that.

News Comments > Amnesia: Dark Descent Adding Hard Mode
16. Re: Amnesia: Dark Descent Adding Hard Mode Sep 25, 2018, 01:30 Razumen

ItBurn wrote on Sep 22, 2018, 12:46:
MeanJim wrote on Sep 22, 2018, 12:02:
I'm going to attempt to play all three STALKER games in October (and probably a bit of November).

Skip Clear Skies man. It's bad. Shadow of Chernobyl is pretty good, but I think you should go with mods because it was pretty broken. Call of Prypiat vanilla is great though.

It's not bad, it's just not as good as the other two, while still fun in it's own right. He'll have a perfectly fine time playing them in chronological order.

News Comments > Amnesia: Dark Descent Adding Hard Mode
8. Re: Amnesia: Dark Descent Adding Hard Mode Sep 22, 2018, 00:55 Razumen

Zoom wrote on Sep 21, 2018, 21:21:
ItBurn wrote on Sep 21, 2018, 21:16:
What's even more terrifying is that all that might happen one day. Go to the doctor one morning and wake up to something you can't even imagine.
Well.. one of "you" does.. the other doesnt.. that's the horror. That part in the game where your character fully realizes that and has to kill his sleeping clone (after getting into another "diving suit"), and YOU have to pull the trigger.. still gives me chills. (spoiler alert)

Well.....Actually, you don't have to, I believe you can let the cloned you live, he only thinks he has to kill his old self in the mistaken belief in transferred consciousness (spoiler alert)

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
4. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Sep 17, 2018, 23:15 Razumen

RedEye9 wrote on Sep 17, 2018, 19:38:
Call a man a boy and get sued, what is the world coming to?

Er, he called him a pedophile? And slander is definitely a sue-worthy offense, especially depending on the scope.

News Comments > Evening Interviews
11. Re: Evening Interviews Aug 19, 2018, 21:28 Razumen

jdreyer wrote on Aug 8, 2018, 01:33:
Suppa7 wrote on Aug 7, 2018, 23:50:
jdreyer wrote on Aug 7, 2018, 19:53:
I don't doubt that streaming will happen. It solves a lot of problems for game publishers like cheating and piracy. Question is, when will we have a critical mass of gamers with synchronous 100mbps connections who would be willing to support such a model? Will EA and ActiBlizz be willing to make all their games available for $15 per month?

Man gamers are such corporate ball lickers the last 20 years has seen publishers basically steal videogame software and everyone can't wait to bend over even further to get fucked.

Don't get me wrong. It's not a model I support at all. Just looking at the technical side of things, eventually it will be feasible. And when it is, it will happen for better and for worse.

There will always be standalone games though.

It's already possible, it's just not practical. Unless you have huge servers everywhere across the world, you're going to have terrible latency, and that's a problem that is basically un-fixable.

News Comments > Into the Black
1. Re: Into the Black Aug 14, 2018, 23:01 Razumen

I'd rather wait for "Everything Wrong with Everything Wrong with Player One"

The original videos are so bad they fail as both satire or critique.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
9. Re: Evening Tech Bits May 29, 2018, 10:59 Razumen

eRe4s3r wrote on May 26, 2018, 00:05:
Hopefully this means Megatextures are dead, one of the dumbest engine dead ends Carmack has ever driven through a village.

The stupidity in this comment is unbelievable, but par for the course here. Pretty much every modern engine uses something similar to megatextures today, and if you actually knew anything about it, you'd know that is indeed, not a dumb dead end.

News Comments > PAYDAY 2 VR Released
6. Re: PAYDAY 2 VR Released Mar 18, 2018, 21:09 Razumen

This is actually pretty cool, keeping it cross platform is definitely the way to go, otherwise the VR pool of players would be just way too low for a game like this.

I'm hoping more games are designed like this.

News Comments > Hunt Down The Freeman Released
9. Re: Hunt Down The Freeman Released Feb 26, 2018, 20:52 Razumen

eRe4s3r wrote on Feb 26, 2018, 13:53:
Again proving that Source engine is nearly damn near unworkable for unskilled indy developers. The engine and workflow are such a mess that it's easier to bring it already done stuff from other games than make your own (levels, in particular) BSP map building should NOT be a thing in 2018

Pretty much any engine is unworkable for unskilled developers-that's why they're unskilled...

This just proves that having an idea is not enough to make a good game happen.

Also, there's nothing really wrong with BSP map building, in fact it's can be quite powerful and fast in the right hands. The thing is that BSP tools in later engines like Unreal3-4 are so deprecated to be almost useless. Back in the Unreal 1-2 and Unreal Tournament days you could actually make decent base and detail geometry with it. Source is afaik still pretty good with its BSP tools.

Not to mention that you can add in models into the Source engine just like any other, so you can't blame this turd on the engine.

News Comments > Morning Interviews
19. Re: Morning Interviews Feb 24, 2018, 04:17 Razumen

Beamer wrote on Feb 23, 2018, 07:50:
Razumen wrote on Feb 23, 2018, 01:32:
Beamer wrote on Feb 22, 2018, 16:45:
What he's saying makes sense. The change in aspect ratio means you can't simply slap new graphics into it. You need to completely, fundamentally rebuild how most of the systems operate, to the point that you're essentially building an entirely different game from the ground up.

It'd be a Diablo 2 clone as much as a Diablo 2 remaster.

Er, no, you can just see more of the world, I don't see how that requires them to fundamentally rebuild any game system. It's just a lame excuse overall.

Did you read the article? Pretty much all the calculations around the random generation and the enemies are done just off the screen, and around where the screen is showing. It's not about what you see, it's about what you don't see.

And this isn't an excuse. Brevik isn't at Blizzard, so he has absolutely no say over whether this gets remade or not. It would be done without his participation, or even knowledge. This is just like Spielberg saying that he feels it would be hard to remake Jaws, because more goes into it than what you see on the screen. It's one guy, who was there, giving his opinion on some technical limitations that they used as advantages, but now that they're no longer in place more thought needs to be given than would be to most remasters.

Yes, I read it, and I think that him calling it a huge technical hurdle is just a huge hyperbole. Sure, they'll have to tweak things, but again, they're not going to have to redesign whole gameplay systems in order to do so.

News Comments > Morning Interviews
16. Re: Morning Interviews Feb 23, 2018, 01:32 Razumen

Beamer wrote on Feb 22, 2018, 16:45:
What he's saying makes sense. The change in aspect ratio means you can't simply slap new graphics into it. You need to completely, fundamentally rebuild how most of the systems operate, to the point that you're essentially building an entirely different game from the ground up.

It'd be a Diablo 2 clone as much as a Diablo 2 remaster.

Er, no, you can just see more of the world, I don't see how that requires them to fundamentally rebuild any game system. It's just a lame excuse overall.

News Comments > Your Royal Gayness Comes Out
26. Re: Your Royal Gayness Comes Out Feb 1, 2018, 22:10 Razumen

Beamer wrote on Feb 1, 2018, 17:56:
Razumen wrote on Jan 31, 2018, 23:20:

There's nothing wrong with people ASKING nicely for changes like this, and there's nothing wrong with developers choosing not to. However, such a civil outcome is not usually the case. What usually happens is that the requester blows up in indignation that they're not being catered to and then begin a campaign to try to force the addition through shaming and other methods.

And that's how it starts, with people nicely asking for changes. 100 people request it, 99 nicely, but somehow Brianna Wu gets involved. Nearly everyone ignores the requests, except for the dev saying "hmm, I never thought about that, it's good to know people want this." Everyone seems ok, except for 500 people, who send tweets to all the people requesting it telling them they're stupid. 1000 people see those tweets and respond. Someone sees a response and posts it on KotakuInAction. 50,000 people post in the thread making racist jokes and calling those people snowflakes and saying race doesn't matter and there's too much diversity being shoved down throats and it's ok if every single video game is a white guy because white people are awesome. 20,000 other people call those people racist.

You come in at that last point and ignore all the good discussion and focus on the escalation and say that devs ignore the good and focus on the bad and blah blah blah.

Except that's not usually the case at all, and

You're the one ignoring the many cases of developers choosing not to do something and then the other side escalating it to absurdity-name calling everyone that disagrees with then regardless of their reasons for doing so and gong on childish tantrums. THAT is usually how it happens, they are much more rabid in pushing their agenda than the people who are simply defending their hobby and the decisions of the creators to stay true to their original visions.

23. Re: Your Royal Gayness Comes Out Jan 31, 2018, 23:20 Razumen

Beamer wrote on Jan 31, 2018, 12:13:
Razumen wrote on Jan 31, 2018, 09:32:
Beamer wrote on Jan 31, 2018, 08:05:
Razumen wrote on Jan 31, 2018, 00:15:
Beamer wrote on Jan 30, 2018, 14:42:
FloorPie wrote on Jan 30, 2018, 14:27:
Beamer wrote on Jan 30, 2018, 14:03:
Icewind wrote on Jan 30, 2018, 13:59:
Every indie game nowadays has to be about sexual identity.

I miss when indie games were just about shooting monsters and walking through dungeons.

If you play games to learn about the world around you, then you need to get out more. You can learn about LGBTQ issues anywhere in the real world, you don't need a game. I think these folks are all shut-ins that need a game to tell them about life.

Me? I play games to get away from all the life i'm over-exposed to on a daily basis.

Or maybe the games you want are still out there, only now there's choice for more people, and more people see themselves represented in their game options than before.

I don't get why some people expect every single game to be tailored to their desires.

Yet, some groups are forcing everyone else to tailor their entertainment to satisfy that group's personal desires. If you don't then you're a horrible horrible person. See the Kingdom Come: Delieverance dramas for example. "You need Moors in your 1400s Bohemian game you bigot!"

This game looks gay in all the meanings of that word. I'd not really care if we didn't have people demanding transgender were-dragonkin romances in every silly bioware type (nerd love simulator) game. Heh, I almost yearn for the day when the big scandal was romancing Jahiera in Baldurs Gate just after her husband dies.

Is this true and reality, or do you ignore reasonable requests and pay attention to reactions to reactions to reactions?

Case in point: a game has no black people. Someone says "I'd like this more if there were black people." Sounds reasonable, no? Someone else says that, historically, there were few. Someone else responds that it shouldn't matter, as the game ignores other aspects of history and ultimately inclusiveness can be more worthwhile than arbitrary historical accuracy. Someone else says that person is dumb. Someone else says white people rule. It devolves to both sides accusing the other of bigotry.

Should you focus on that devolution, or the job initial feature request? For Kingdom Come, the game wasn't called racist, but the lengthy screeds the dev wrote were. See how that works? The reaction matters. The reasoning they offer.

Like, your endless buzzwords of what pisses you off makes me wonder about your actual feelings are towards lgbtqs.

It's not a reasonable request, they're demanding that their views are more important than the developers, and features just can't be added in willy nilly-they take time and money. In the end, a "reasonable request" just isn't worth it solely for the buzzword of "diversity".

Ok. Next time you complain about any design decision, be it loot crates or invisible walls, I'll say you aren't being reasonable and that you're demanding your views on what makes a game appealing are more important than the devs.

Also, be sure to call out Icewind for opening this line of reasoning by saying his views were more important than Your Royal Gayness dev's, for him complaining about shoehorning or whatever.

False equivalency bro. Those are things that actually affect how objectively good a game is. The sexual orientation or race of a character in a game usually has no bearing whatsoever on the gameplay.

Loot crates are objectively bad?
You can find people who like them.

And I'm sorry that you don't understand how representation works and why it makes a difference. I'm sorry if having a few games that feature a few characters not exactly like you is so offensive to you that it makes you dislike the games.

Loot crates objectively DO change how the game is played. A characters race or sexuality DOESN'T. Whether some idiot likes them is irrelevant, as we all know popularity is not an indicator of quality.

I understand exactly how representation works, and that it doesn't make a difference in the way you think it does. Link could be a gay transsexual quadriplegic Mexican Muslim and it wouldn't make Zelda into a better game.

Marvel has already done this experiment and it is failing spectacularly. No one wants to read about one dimensional characters whose sole defining struggled characteristic is that they're bisexual or trans.

Also, I never said I dislike these games, nice putting words in my mouth and trying to skew the argument.

There's nothing wrong with people ASKING nicely for changes like this, and there's nothing wrong with developers choosing not to. However, such a civil outcome is not usually the case. What usually happens is that the requester blows up in indignation that they're not being catered to and then begin a campaign to try to force the addition through shaming and other methods.

Designers have no obligation at all to change their games to represent everyone in reality. Specially when those game's DON'T EVEN REPRESENT REALITY. Not only is that in itself an unreasonable demand, it's a direct affront to their creative freedom.

21. Re: Your Royal Gayness Comes Out Jan 31, 2018, 09:32 Razumen

Beamer wrote on Jan 31, 2018, 08:05:

I miss when indie games were just about shooting monsters and walking through dungeons.

If you play games to learn about the world around you, then you need to get out more. You can learn about LGBTQ issues anywhere in the real world, you don't need a game. I think these folks are all shut-ins that need a game to tell them about life.

Me? I play games to get away from all the life i'm over-exposed to on a daily basis.

Or maybe the games you want are still out there, only now there's choice for more people, and more people see themselves represented in their game options than before.

I don't get why some people expect every single game to be tailored to their desires.

Yet, some groups are forcing everyone else to tailor their entertainment to satisfy that group's personal desires. If you don't then you're a horrible horrible person. See the Kingdom Come: Delieverance dramas for example. "You need Moors in your 1400s Bohemian game you bigot!"

This game looks gay in all the meanings of that word. I'd not really care if we didn't have people demanding transgender were-dragonkin romances in every silly bioware type (nerd love simulator) game. Heh, I almost yearn for the day when the big scandal was romancing Jahiera in Baldurs Gate just after her husband dies.

Is this true and reality, or do you ignore reasonable requests and pay attention to reactions to reactions to reactions?

Case in point: a game has no black people. Someone says "I'd like this more if there were black people." Sounds reasonable, no? Someone else says that, historically, there were few. Someone else responds that it shouldn't matter, as the game ignores other aspects of history and ultimately inclusiveness can be more worthwhile than arbitrary historical accuracy. Someone else says that person is dumb. Someone else says white people rule. It devolves to both sides accusing the other of bigotry.

Should you focus on that devolution, or the job initial feature request? For Kingdom Come, the game wasn't called racist, but the lengthy screeds the dev wrote were. See how that works? The reaction matters. The reasoning they offer.

Like, your endless buzzwords of what pisses you off makes me wonder about your actual feelings are towards lgbtqs.

It's not a reasonable request, they're demanding that their views are more important than the developers, and features just can't be added in willy nilly-they take time and money. In the end, a "reasonable request" just isn't worth it solely for the buzzword of "diversity".

Ok. Next time you complain about any design decision, be it loot crates or invisible walls, I'll say you aren't being reasonable and that you're demanding your views on what makes a game appealing are more important than the devs.

Also, be sure to call out Icewind for opening this line of reasoning by saying his views were more important than Your Royal Gayness dev's, for him complaining about shoehorning or whatever.

False equivalency bro. Those are things that actually affect how objectively good a game is. The sexual orientation or race of a character in a game usually has no bearing whatsoever on the gameplay.

20. Re: Your Royal Gayness Comes Out Jan 31, 2018, 09:29 Razumen

jdreyer wrote on Jan 31, 2018, 05:16:

If not "diversity" then what about "sales?" More diversity means a wider potential audience.

Marvel comics have already proven that to be false.

13. Re: Your Royal Gayness Comes Out Jan 31, 2018, 00:15 Razumen

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
20. Re: Evening Metaverse Dec 3, 2017, 08:48 Razumen

Orogogus wrote on Dec 2, 2017, 04:15:
Quboid wrote on Dec 1, 2017, 21:42:
Do you think it's impossible for propaganda to reference actual events, even if they had been represented accurately?

More to the point, they're not represented accurately. The three videos contain lies and mischaracterizations, and ignore context.
Snopes

But the hate speech part of it is this -- even the most pro-gun control liberals don't suggest that every gun owner is a violent murderer. They don't respond to mass shootings in the news with, "Oh, sure, there are good gun owners out there." Using a video of an extremist to say the entire religion is evil is as stupid as if you broadened the generalization to say that all religion is evil, or if aliens from Alpha Centauri used it to conclude that all humans were evil, or carbon-based life.

If the religion were as vile as all that, people wouldn't be cherry-picking videos from political riots and straight up making things up, there'd be actual videos taken at home of the Muslim next door running amok, of preachers in the US advocating violence and oppression.

It's true that he shouldn't have claimed that it was indicative of actual events in Britain, but people are not upset about that, they're upset about the videos, of which only one didn't actually show what it claimed to. Regardless of that, these videos themselves do not contain "lies or mischaracterizations" - they are just that, videos of actual events that happened.

"even the most pro-gun control liberals don't suggest that every gun owner is a violent murderer."
And yet, not even Trump did that, so I think this statement is irrelevant.

I do think facts are important, and it's a shame that he didn't check his facts before posting those videos (not surprised he didn't though.

Also, the myth of the radical Muslim minority is just that, a myth: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7TAAw3oQvg
A majority of muslims throughout the world support forms of radical acts, pretending like it's not a problem isn't going to make it go away.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
4. Re: Evening Metaverse Dec 1, 2017, 20:48 Razumen

So posting videos of events that actually happened is "propaganda" and "hate speech" now? LOL

What about all the users that tweet for violence against men and white people? Why doesn't Twitter have to make excuses for that?

Of course we all know the answer already.

News Comments > PUBG vs Fortnite
40. Re: New AMD Drivers Support Dual Vega GPUs Sep 25, 2017, 19:11 Razumen

Muscular Beaver wrote on Sep 25, 2017, 11:11:
Razumen wrote on Sep 24, 2017, 21:06:
Muscular Beaver wrote on Sep 22, 2017, 21:11:
Alamar wrote on Sep 22, 2017, 11:35:
Did PUBG do anything original? Serious question... No interest in it, and didn't even know Fortnite had a Battle Royale mode, which as a game concept has been around since what, the first generation of shooters?
?
Battle Royale is pretty new. And the guy who created PUBG was pretty much the father of it. So no, theres not much new in it, except some details. But why should it be a concern, if that guy invented that game type anyway? He knew what the other games/mods lacked and he made it better. He succeeded like a boss.

Lol, Battle Royale is not new, as a gameplay mode it's existed in countless games, mods, and other things way before PUBG. There's even a Japanese movie made in 2000 that is the inspiration for most of these games. It's only recently become so popular because the a popular developer finally came up with a combination of mechanics (scavenging, open world) that appeals to a large amount of people. Nothing in PUBG is really new, and the developer certainly didn't create the genre, though I do give him credit for HOW he's made the game.
Nope sorry. Its pretty new. The first one was a DayZ/Arma 2 mod. That is pretty new as a genre.
And yes he created the genre. The others werent called battle royale and they lacked important parts of what defines battle royale. Its that simple

No he didn't, the genre has been around for ages, like I said, its based on the 2000 movie, just like Hunger Games. There was also many game modes and mods doing the same thing in other games before, for instance Minecraft had battle royale servers with scavenging and crafting WAY before PUBG.

You need to get off PU's knob, he didn't create anything new, he just implemented ideas that were already around in a way that sold products.

664 Comments. 34 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo