Limit Results:

874 Comments. 44 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16    44  ] Older

Re: Get Watch Dogs 2 Free for Watching Ubisoft Forward
Jul 8, 2020, 23:30
Re: Get Watch Dogs 2 Free for Watching Ubisoft Forward Jul 8, 2020, 23:30
Jul 8, 2020, 23:30

RedEye9 wrote on Jul 8, 2020, 23:19:
I'd tell you it was Poe's law but last time that got brought up you claimed you didn't understand how that worked even though there's a wiki on it.

I claimed no such thing. As usual putting words in people's mouths.

And a snarky "joke" can still be a complaint, they aren't mutually exclusive.

Re: Morning Interviews
Jul 8, 2020, 23:02
Re: Morning Interviews Jul 8, 2020, 23:02
Jul 8, 2020, 23:02

Tipsy McStagger wrote on Jul 7, 2020, 14:18:
I'm sure destiny 2 is much better than it was at release but my god did Destiny 2 disappoint.

I don't even want to touch it again...

Considering they're going to gut a lot of existing content from D2 and put it in the "vault" for (maybe) future comebacks, I don't want to touch it again either.

Jul 8, 2020, 22:55
Re: Get Watch Dogs 2 Free for Watching Ubisoft Forward Jul 8, 2020, 22:55
Jul 8, 2020, 22:55

Kxmode wrote on Jul 7, 2020, 00:47:
Razumen wrote on Jul 6, 2020, 23:46:
RedEye9 wrote on Jul 6, 2020, 19:25:
It's getting harder and harder to get free stuff.

Haha, knew it. First post was someone complaining, about getting something for free no less.

Good ol' BluesNews

Redeye isn't complaining. He's making a joke, Rowan Atkinson style.

Last I checked, jokes are supposed to be funny.

Jul 6, 2020, 23:46
Re: Get Watch Dogs 2 Free for Watching Ubisoft Forward Jul 6, 2020, 23:46
Jul 6, 2020, 23:46

RedEye9 wrote on Jul 6, 2020, 19:25:
It's getting harder and harder to get free stuff.

Haha, knew it. First post was someone complaining, about getting something for free no less.

Good ol' BluesNews

Re: Steam Top 10
Jul 5, 2020, 22:03
Re: Steam Top 10 Jul 5, 2020, 22:03
Jul 5, 2020, 22:03

eRe4s3r wrote on Jul 5, 2020, 20:11:
I got finally around to playing Titanfall 2.. and what an amazing campaign that was. Pure action, super detail level... got all the helmets and finished it on master.. in 8 hours. Man. Glad I paid only 5€ for that

8 hours is decent for a really well done SP campaign, especially for a sequel to a game that didn't even have SP to begin with.

Re: Sunday Interviews
Jun 22, 2020, 02:55
Re: Sunday Interviews Jun 22, 2020, 02:55
Jun 22, 2020, 02:55

jdreyer wrote on Jun 21, 2020, 19:43:
WaltC wrote on Jun 21, 2020, 17:19:
"Toxic masculinity"...what rubbish...;) I guess there's also a "toxic femininity", as well?...;)

Wherein WaltC displays complete ignorance of the meaning of "toxic masculinity" while at the same time providing a textbook example of it. Congratulations.

Nah he's right, if there's toxic masculinity, there's toxic femininity as well. And anyone that's seen how vicious some girls can be to each other, and even to men, know this.

Re: Saturday Consolidation
Jun 21, 2020, 09:36
Re: Saturday Consolidation Jun 21, 2020, 09:36
Jun 21, 2020, 09:36

RedEye9 wrote on Jun 21, 2020, 08:14:
This is very clearly 0/10 bombing by thousands of players who have only played a few hours of the game or have not played it at all, basing their entire scores on a few leaked cutscenes or plot points.
Along with the worshippers of a few angry YouTubers and those upset because of "the game’s prominent use of LGBT characters."

Nice strawman. Most of the complaints I've seen have nothing to do with LGBT issues at all, and are more concerned with the shitty trope the story went towards as well as blatant disrespect for the series' main characters.

Re: Star Citizen Crowdfunding Passes $300M
Jun 17, 2020, 02:56
Re: Star Citizen Crowdfunding Passes $300M Jun 17, 2020, 02:56
Jun 17, 2020, 02:56

Dacron wrote on Jun 17, 2020, 01:55:
Razumen wrote on Jun 17, 2020, 00:31:
Dacron wrote on Jun 16, 2020, 11:36:
eRe4s3r wrote on Jun 16, 2020, 00:45:
Razumen wrote on Jun 15, 2020, 20:14:
Dacron wrote on Jun 15, 2020, 20:01:
Jivaro wrote on Jun 15, 2020, 14:41:
Razumen wrote on Jun 15, 2020, 12:05:
Dacron wrote on Jun 14, 2020, 22:34:
Razumen wrote on Jun 14, 2020, 22:18:
Jivaro wrote on Jun 14, 2020, 19:50:
I have gotten my 35 dollars worth of entertainment of this game without ever being able to play it.

If you've pledged that amount in the KS you can actually download and play it.

"Play it"

There's enough gameplay and easily found footage of it online that it's clear anyone that uses an argument like yours is just a edgelord troll. Yawn.

And yet Dacron kinda nailed how I feel about it. They haven't released a playable game. I get what you are saying, I do. But it's been a long time now and what we can "play" isn't anywhere close to a release ready game. Every time you load it up something works completely different, feels completely different...whats the point in trying it if it won't be the same when the game does release? It's a moot point anyway. I only dropped 35 dollars for a reason and that reason is that a KS is not a guarantee of anything. I am not mad, like I said, this title provides endless entertainment everytime it hits the feed.

I guess to people like Razuman, glorified tech demos are games. Enough to get emotional and insultive about it. Meh, some people are easily triggered.

The rest of can see the empty shell for what it is (like he said, enough video online.) and most remember the kickstarter was for Squadron 42. They added the persistent universe BS halfway through, so no, he can't even "play it" if his intentions were like most from the kickstarter to play Squadron 42, the successor to Wing Commander. Which was suppose to come out 6 years ago.

But he think's I'm the troll. Muh.

Not as triggered as everyone that makes blatantly false claims.
The game as it is currently is far from a techdemo, buggy and incomplete, but that's any game in development. It's a tired old argument that's easily disproven from even the smallest bit of research, but they know doing so would quickly invalidate their smug stance.

Excuse my smug stance as original backer of a SINGLE PLAYER GAME expecting it to be a thing after.. my god, 7 FUCKING years since funding.

I had to google my own gmail account to find out whether I even owned the game, apparently I do. At this rate I gotta write this in my testament for whoever comes after me.

Ya, but some people think "persistent universe" was the plan as opposed to added when CR figured out he might be able to fund it. It's now taken over so much of development time/resources the originally planned game is 6 years late from its planned already.... And the "pu" and feature creep are the studios answer for the delays.

It's okay. He's angry and emotional about the state the game is in vs what it should be. There is no game. It's a loosely combined bunch of tech demos. But if he wants to "play" that let him have at it and call everyone else who disagrees a troll.

It WAS the plan, go look at the Kickstarter, it's been there this whole time.

And if you think I'M being angry and emotional about this when I'm NOT the one dropping F-bombs and simply stating facts, you must have a weird definition of those words in your head. LOL

And there certainly IS a game you can play, I have it on my PC as I speak. Any game in development could be called a "loosely combined bunch of tech demos" by anyone trying hard enough to twist the meaning of words hard enough to complain about a popular game no one is forcing them to play.

Yes, the "PU" was added at the $3 million mark. Squadron 42 was the original goal, after which was raised the pu was added, it was NEVER the plan from the start but added after the success of the KS. The KS was for the successor the Wing Commander ,not a MMORPG/FPS, altered due to its success. The studio even uses it as a reason to delay "the fans wanted X feature due to fund raising, so we delay to add more"

But if you enjoy those tech demos, good on you.

And F bombs? You realize that was another user, right ?? Or are you referring to me transcribing a comedy bit from another reply ?? You literally quoted them in your reply, it's not me. Unless you mean the bill burr skit I wrote in text, in response to SOMEONE ELSE.

Yes, you're emotional.

The PU was added DURING the Kickstarter, not after.

The F bomb was dropped in a different reply to me, but it doesn't matter who dropped it, because my point is it wasn't me.

No, I'm not emotional about it lol, and even if I was, it doesn't invalidate any of the true statements I made, it's just another deflection tactic. And just like your claims about the game, repeating something over and over doesn't make it true.

Jun 17, 2020, 00:31
Re: Star Citizen Crowdfunding Passes $300M Jun 17, 2020, 00:31
Jun 17, 2020, 00:31

Dacron wrote on Jun 16, 2020, 11:36:
I have gotten my 35 dollars worth of entertainment of this game without ever being able to play it.

"Play it"

There's enough gameplay and easily found footage of it online that it's clear anyone that uses an argument like yours is just a edgelord troll. Yawn.

And yet Dacron kinda nailed how I feel about it. They haven't released a playable game. I get what you are saying, I do. But it's been a long time now and what we can "play" isn't anywhere close to a release ready game. Every time you load it up something works completely different, feels completely different...whats the point in trying it if it won't be the same when the game does release? It's a moot point anyway. I only dropped 35 dollars for a reason and that reason is that a KS is not a guarantee of anything. I am not mad, like I said, this title provides endless entertainment everytime it hits the feed.

I guess to people like Razuman, glorified tech demos are games. Enough to get emotional and insultive about it. Meh, some people are easily triggered.

The rest of can see the empty shell for what it is (like he said, enough video online.) and most remember the kickstarter was for Squadron 42. They added the persistent universe BS halfway through, so no, he can't even "play it" if his intentions were like most from the kickstarter to play Squadron 42, the successor to Wing Commander. Which was suppose to come out 6 years ago.

The game as it is currently is far from a techdemo, buggy and incomplete, but that's any game in development. It's a tired old argument that's easily disproven from even the smallest bit of research, but they know doing so would quickly invalidate their smug stance.

Excuse my smug stance as original backer of a SINGLE PLAYER GAME expecting it to be a thing after.. my god, 7 FUCKING years since funding.

I had to google my own gmail account to find out whether I even owned the game, apparently I do. At this rate I gotta write this in my testament for whoever comes after me.

Ya, but some people think "persistent universe" was the plan as opposed to added when CR figured out he might be able to fund it. It's now taken over so much of development time/resources the originally planned game is 6 years late from its planned already.... And the "pu" and feature creep are the studios answer for the delays.

It's okay. He's angry and emotional about the state the game is in vs what it should be. There is no game. It's a loosely combined bunch of tech demos. But if he wants to "play" that let him have at it and call everyone else who disagrees a troll.

It WAS the plan, go look at the Kickstarter, it's been there this whole time.

And if you think I'M being angry and emotional about this when I'm NOT the one dropping F-bombs and simply stating facts, you must have a weird definition of those words in your head. LOL

And there certainly IS a game you can play, I have it on my PC as I speak. Any game in development could be called a "loosely combined bunch of tech demos" by anyone trying hard enough to twist the meaning of words hard enough to complain about a popular game no one is forcing them to play.

Jun 16, 2020, 09:04
Re: Star Citizen Crowdfunding Passes $300M Jun 16, 2020, 09:04
Jun 16, 2020, 09:04

"Play it"

The game was designed to have multiplayer with a persistent universe as well, that was clearly defined in the kickstarter goals at the time. Their goals are definitely lofty, and kickstarter is a gamble, though I think there was plenty of time to refund your pledge in that period.

Frankly I'd rather them be trucking on and trying to accomplish most of their original vision than have some gutted, husk of a game delivered as a "final" product just to hit a deadline earlier. Saves me time and energy from being salty and there's lots of other games to play in the meantime.

Jun 15, 2020, 20:14
Re: Star Citizen Crowdfunding Passes $300M Jun 15, 2020, 20:14
Jun 15, 2020, 20:14

"Play it"

Jun 15, 2020, 12:05
Re: Star Citizen Crowdfunding Passes $300M Jun 15, 2020, 12:05
Jun 15, 2020, 12:05

"Play it"

Jun 14, 2020, 22:18
Re: Star Citizen Crowdfunding Passes $300M Jun 14, 2020, 22:18
Jun 14, 2020, 22:18

Re: Op Ed
Jun 3, 2020, 20:30
Re: Op Ed Jun 3, 2020, 20:30
Jun 3, 2020, 20:30

The only type of cloud gaming I can honestly support is a system like Geforce Now, where we can stream games we already own on storefronts like Steam, but we still have access to the game files to run on our own systems locally (and don't lose access if that cloud service shuts down).

Re: Minecraft Dungeons Released
May 26, 2020, 21:22
Re: Minecraft Dungeons Released May 26, 2020, 21:22
May 26, 2020, 21:22

Tipsy McStagger wrote on May 26, 2020, 11:52:
Well that wasn't what I was expecting...

Ok, 11 years ago I purchased minecraft off his website for 10$ because I saw it on 4chan. Played a little thought it was cool but it was really missing was NPCs and such to really be cool. I thought, "If they just had Daggerfall like NPCs and towns, this could be a lot cooler" or even if they had Dwarf Fortress Adventure mode but in Minecraft style.

So I see this, think.. "Oh did they finally do that in a small way?" and then realize it's just a Diablo/Path of Exile/Grim Dawn type game except with minecraft block design.

Now, anyone up on this in the last 11 years. Does anything like above exist?

I remember reading Notch talk about wanting to add some DF like features waaaay back when. But then again, he said a lot of things while not necessarily delivering.

Re: New Grand Theft Auto in 2023?
May 26, 2020, 21:18
Re: New Grand Theft Auto in 2023? May 26, 2020, 21:18
May 26, 2020, 21:18

Cutter wrote on May 26, 2020, 21:01:
Way too far out. After all this bullshit they'll want money sooner than later. Besides, it's been 7 years since V. It'll be out next year.

And it'll be filled with MTs with the SP as an afterthought.
GTA5 SP content after launch was a joke.

Re: Steam Cloud Plans Spotted?
May 25, 2020, 22:32
Re: Steam Cloud Plans Spotted? May 25, 2020, 22:32
May 25, 2020, 22:32

theglaze wrote on May 25, 2020, 19:50:
Steam in-home streaming is decent, like using a gaming desktop to stream the game to a laptop. Why can't that be done outside the home network? (assuming there's no connection or network obstacles with speed/access) Steam is already offering Remote Play which lets others play co-op from a game running on my desktop. It seems to me the ability is already there, why do I need to use an external NVIDIA cloud infrastructure?

Probably because there's a lot more problems that can arise with streaming outside of your home network, so there's no way they can ensure quality as much as they can with in-home streaming. Someone above can't even get it right, what does that bode for the rest of consumers.

Still, streaming is such an obvious move for a platform with the size of Steam's library, I'm surprised they've taken this long. Probably licensing issues I guess.

Re: Tencent Confirmed as New System Shock 3 Developer
May 21, 2020, 08:53
Re: Tencent Confirmed as New System Shock 3 Developer May 21, 2020, 08:53
May 21, 2020, 08:53

Darks wrote on May 20, 2020, 23:19:
Confirmed, Dark will not be a supported of this publisher!

Newsflash, no one cares.

Tencent has invested loads of money into different companies. If their support helps SS3 get made, I'm all for it.

Do you know what game company Tencent owns 80% of, yet still left it alone largely? Grinding Gear Games. You may recognize them from a slightly popular game called Path of Exile.

Not everything they touch becomes terrible.

Re: Evening Consolidation
May 14, 2020, 21:13
Re: Evening Consolidation May 14, 2020, 21:13
May 14, 2020, 21:13

Tipsy McStagger wrote on May 14, 2020, 16:08:
Beamer wrote on May 13, 2020, 18:31:
Tipsy McStagger wrote on May 13, 2020, 18:16:
I'm calling bullshit on PS5 SSD being faster than a PC's top NVMe M.2 SSD. The PCIE4 followed by Samsung 970 Pro are probably just as fast.

As well, why the hell would an M.2 SSD be the big thing he's focused on? Sounds like someone paid him. Actual RAM is faster and more critical for his unreal 5 engine.

It's custom built for one purpose. And it's faster than NVME M.2. From what I've seen, that's 3,500 throughput. This is 5,000.

Ok, I can see how a custom built controller to hit your faster than NVME m.2 drives pushes it faster without backwards compatibility.

But why is this going to really matter on performance of anything other than load times?

Let's look at ram speeds (which affect performance)
DDR3 data transfer rates:
DDR3 1066 8.5 GB/s
DDR3 1333 10.6 GB/s
DDR3 1600 12.8 G MB/s
DDR3 1866 14.9 G MB/s

DDR4 data transfer rates:
DDR4 2133 17 GB/s
DDR4 2400 19.2 GB/s
DDR4 2666 21.3 GB/s
DDR4 3200 25.6 GB/s

The PS5 has:
Memory: 16GB GDDR6/256-bit RAM, 448GB/s

Which IS better than my PC because my PC is 32 gigs of DDR4 @ 3200 with transfer 25.6 Gb/sec through my 32 gigs of ram. This SSD does does 9 Gb/sec at maximum.

The original article talks about the SSD being faster.. Ok sure. It actually looks like the PS5 on release will be faster in a lot of ways than our HEDTs.. but it won't be that way for long and it'll take what.. 6 years for them to catch up again?

The PS5's SSD is being designed to integrate much closer to the system than your typical desktop SSD, to the point where developers will be able to stream assets directly from it, completely bypassing even the console's RAM. This isn't just about load times, but completely removing them all together.

I think it'll be awhile before PCs can implement something similar in a wide enough scale that developers will be able to reliably target.

Re: Evening Consolidation
May 14, 2020, 09:52
Re: Evening Consolidation May 14, 2020, 09:52
May 14, 2020, 09:52

Mr. Tact wrote on May 13, 2020, 19:02:
Beamer wrote on May 13, 2020, 18:31:
It's custom built for one purpose. And it's faster than NVME M.2. From what I've seen, that's 3,500 throughput. This is 5,000.
If accurate that would make the claim reasonable. If Sony is custom making SSDs which are faster than anything else on the market and only using them in PlayStations... it would an interesting marketing plan.

I don't think Sony themselves are manufacturing them solely, pretty sure they're working with existing manufacturers to custom build them their own solution-just like how AMD and Nvidia make custom GPUs for consoles. Eventually we'll see consumer level products with similar specs from a variety of manufacturers, but right now there's no PC SSD with the speeds that the PS5 requires.
874 Comments. 44 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16    44  ] Older