Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter
User information for Razumen

Real Name Razumen   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 13, 2010, 15:29
Total Comments 799 (Graduate)
User ID 55599

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue

23. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 10, 2019, 00:23 Razumen

VaranDragon wrote on Dec 9, 2019, 15:15:
El Pit wrote on Dec 9, 2019, 12:18:
This "seizure risk warning" would have been necessary especially, but not only before the movies The Phantom Menace and The Last Jedi! But I have no doubt that Darth Mouse's great finale, the movie to finish the 3 Skywalker trilogies, will be so incredibly and ridiculously bad (storywise, mostly) that many old school fans will have seizures while watching this movie.

Im not going to see it. After watching that piece of shit abortion of a movie (Ep. 8) I've not gone to see anything Star Wars related. (Not that Ep 7. was any good either) I do watch the Mandalorian though. It's pretty good so far.

I can't believe they have the gall to call it the "Rise of Skywalker" and the "Skywalker trilogy" given how they treated Luke. He wasn't in the first movie at all, barely in the second (while trashing his character) and then unceremoniously kill him off. Of course they never get called out for this be the media.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Black Mesa Complete Beta

12. Re: Black Mesa Complete Beta Dec 9, 2019, 08:33 Razumen

BicycleRepairMan wrote on Dec 9, 2019, 05:20:
They have been working for YEARS on the reimagining of XEN , so no its not just a remake.

Of course it's a remake, doesn't matter how long it takes.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs

22. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Dec 8, 2019, 21:25 Razumen

BIGtrouble77 wrote on Dec 6, 2019, 23:15:
Cutter wrote on Dec 6, 2019, 22:32:
BIGtrouble77 wrote on Dec 6, 2019, 22:02:
RedEye9 wrote on Dec 6, 2019, 19:59:
The best -lawyers- liars money can buy.
Disgusting Applies to both links

Are you serious? The only person defamed by the comments was Musk himself so there's no damages to collect. Being an idiot and saying something dumb doesn't mean the "victim" is entitled to $200m.

So you're a pedophile and okay with people acknowledging that fact, right?
I always find it funny how Canadians think they understand how freedom of speech works in the US. Here's a tip, it's nothing like Canada.I'm a dual citizen and have lived in both countries.

Apparently you don't either, because false statements of fact that harm the reputation of an individual or business, aren't protected under Constitutional Free Speech provisions.

News Comments > Steam Top 10

14. Re: Steam Top 10 Dec 8, 2019, 21:17 Razumen

The Half Elf wrote on Dec 8, 2019, 20:16:
HoSpanky wrote on Dec 8, 2019, 16:30:
afka Rossini wrote on Dec 8, 2019, 15:27:
RedEye9 wrote on Dec 8, 2019, 14:35:
Red Dead in VR
giddy up

Is that official?

No way. It barely runs at 60fps on high end machines.

Was never designed to run at 60fps on ANY machine.

It runs fine, higher settings are future proofed for future hardware, just lower the preset down one notch.

News Comments > R.I.P.: Steam Controller

29. Re: R.I.P.: Steam Controller Nov 29, 2019, 01:59 Razumen

007Bistromath wrote on Nov 28, 2019, 02:32:
Steele Johnson wrote on Nov 27, 2019, 14:04:
Do you remember the Steam Machine? Everyone but them knew it was a bad idea to sink money into a new console.
Making a PC build that games on the 800-lb. gorilla distribution platform can standardize around is a great idea.

The problem with Steam Machines is they didn't do that. They tried to sort of become a certification body for other companies to do it, with varying specs and price points. So there go the advantages of consoles for both seller and user; no economy of scale, and a much more complex value proposition.

In other words, great idea; execution sucked.

Yeah I agree, Steam is already big, and Valve could've leveraged that by standardizing the SKU's, and making it clear on Steam what games would run well on which model.

People aren't confused when they walk in a store and see an Xbox or Playstation, but they sure as hell would be with all the different Steambox variatons.

News Comments > R.I.P.: Steam Controller

14. Re: Re: R.I.P.: Steam Controller Nov 27, 2019, 06:12 Razumen

Luke wrote on Nov 27, 2019, 05:16:
Next : VR

OK Boomer

18. Re: Steam Top 10 Nov 26, 2019, 05:26 Razumen

MattyB wrote on Nov 25, 2019, 07:49:
HoSpanky wrote on Nov 24, 2019, 17:09:
I wil admit that getting Alyx free with any Index hardware IS probably going to push me over the edge on buying the controllers. I have a Vive, but it's part of the early batches and the controllers have issues with the thumbpads. I don't think I want the Index headset, though. A buddy has it, it's niceR, but not worth the upgrade cost, especially since the higher resolution on it will cause my 1080 to struggle more often.

Interesting. I was planning on buying the headset and keeping the controllers and basestations....

That's probably the best option. I'm definitely going to get just the HMD, since I have a Vive system. The pretty much gone screen door effect and higher FOV is enough reason for me. I'm sure the knuckles are great, but I'm sure HL:A will work with Vive wands fine.

News Comments > Google Stadia Launches

21. Re: Google Stadia Launches Nov 20, 2019, 22:06 Razumen

Beamer wrote on Nov 19, 2019, 16:53:
What data do you think they could harvest from this?

I wouldn't be surprised if there was a clause that stipulated that Google can do whatever they want with your gameplay footage. Imagine them using player's footage in advertising campaigns, or letting others watch it like on Twitch. Then there's the value in letting developers have basically unlimited video of people playing their games, which would be invaluable for feedback in how to design their games in certain ways.

I'm sure there's more, if you get even more creative.

News Comments > Google Stadia Launches

17. Re: Google Stadia Launches Nov 19, 2019, 18:53 Razumen

Beamer wrote on Nov 19, 2019, 16:53:
Because there is untold user data to be siphoned off from it. Think of all the data points they could use to help marketers target ads to you. Soon enough Google will be offering an free+ad-supported service option and you'll just have to sit through 5 minute of ads once an hour to play for free (or something similar). And if Google is first-mover -- they're not, nvidia/Sony/Xbox exist -- they stand to reap the largest rewards (again, in user data).

Stadia is already almost free basically, unless you want 4K you only pay for the games.

News Comments > Evening Interviews

17. Re: Evening Interviews Nov 13, 2019, 06:02 Razumen

ForgedReality wrote on Nov 12, 2019, 08:32:
Razumen wrote on Nov 12, 2019, 06:19:
What HMD's do need to do is become even lighter and smaller, with external cameras that allow you to quickly see the outside world when you pause the game or something.

But why would they do that? You just said there's nothing to fix.

There isn't, not when you're actually in a game. You don't want to be bothered by the outside world when your in a VR game. The addition isn't a fix to anything, it's added convenience.

News Comments > Evening Interviews

9. Re: Evening Interviews Nov 12, 2019, 06:19 Razumen

Steele Johnson wrote on Nov 11, 2019, 23:56:
saltedicecream wrote on Nov 11, 2019, 23:21:
I mean I've been really digging VR since the 2016 launch but I'm the odd one out of my friends, you've gotta build yourself up to tolerating a ton of shit to get the most out of it and even then it's pretty fatiguing. Reminds me of old school computer games and everyone thinking I'm crazy to even bother. With the exception of a couple of people, everyone else I know has either boxed up their HMD or sold it. It's always amazing at first but after a few months most just don't want to tolerate it. It's early days and the tech still has a ton of problems, not sure if this push for VR will fizzle out or if we're just in the enthusiast phase

I think most people like to have a sense of their surroundings while gaming. The simple fact that both your eyes and ears are covered is kind of a turnoff (i.e. people feel uneasy about losing all that control). I’m not sure how tech can fix that. I suppose if it really becomes mind-blowing, the tolerance will increase as well.

There's nothing to fix, because that's the point of VR, and it already does a great job of that. What HMD's do need to do is become even lighter and smaller, with external cameras that allow you to quickly see the outside world when you pause the game or something.

News Comments > Op Ed

12. Re: Op Ed Oct 30, 2019, 23:01 Razumen

RedEye9 wrote on Oct 30, 2019, 22:47:
Razumen wrote on Oct 30, 2019, 22:21:
AND they didn't allow user reviews right away either,
Due to idiots review bombing, Rotten Tomatoes changed when users are allowed to post.

The show was out on Netflix, not theatre. How are people supposed to prove they watched it? Send them their Netflix account details? There's no reason for them to have locked users out from reviews for that long.

News Comments > Op Ed

10. Re: Op Ed Oct 30, 2019, 22:21 Razumen

Beamer wrote on Oct 30, 2019, 21:57:
Razumen wrote on Oct 30, 2019, 20:09:
Beamer wrote on Oct 30, 2019, 13:45:
Parallax Abstraction wrote on Oct 30, 2019, 12:35:
The lack of self-awareness in this article is hysterical. If a dev or publisher deviates from the press' group-think even a little bit, they are publicly eviscerated for it. And they actually wonder why they're scared of being political.

In before the usual suspects call me alt-right for recognizing that shades of grey exist in the world.

It's always entertaining that some claim you get eviscerated for thinking differently, rather than, y'know, just being an asshole about how you go about it.

Like the idiot from Joker whining that you can't do edgy comedy anymore, while things like Big Mouth exist, are critically praised, and are far edgier than anything he'd ever done.

That "idiot" is right. You just have to look at Chappelle's latest show for proof of that.

And Big Mouth isn't any edgier than SP, and less funny to boot.

Chapelles was really eviscerated with, y'know, millions of dollars. And yes, South Park is edgy, and critically acclaimed, and massively profitable. It's rights just sold for half a billion. Clearly being edgy isn't successful!

He's talking about critical reception. Yes Chappelle was successful, but he's frickin' Dave Chappelle, he already has millions of fans. But Critics lambasted it on RT, it was at 0% critic score, yet over 60% user rating, AND they didn't allow user reviews right away either, artificially keeping his rating lower for longer. For big movies, this sort of influence can have a big impact on people's decisions to see it or not.

It's slightly better now, but the critic score is still only 35%, yet the audience score it at a whopping 99%. It's clearly obvious there is a disconnect here between the "critics" and the average person.

South Park is pretty much the same, though I'd say that it's not really edgy in the same way, certainly not in the ways that push people's buttons like Chappelle did.

News Comments > Op Ed

8. Re: Op Ed Oct 30, 2019, 20:09 Razumen

Beamer wrote on Oct 30, 2019, 13:45:
Parallax Abstraction wrote on Oct 30, 2019, 12:35:
The lack of self-awareness in this article is hysterical. If a dev or publisher deviates from the press' group-think even a little bit, they are publicly eviscerated for it. And they actually wonder why they're scared of being political.

In before the usual suspects call me alt-right for recognizing that shades of grey exist in the world.

It's always entertaining that some claim you get eviscerated for thinking differently, rather than, y'know, just being an asshole about how you go about it.

Like the idiot from Joker whining that you can't do edgy comedy anymore, while things like Big Mouth exist, are critically praised, and are far edgier than anything he'd ever done.

That "idiot" is right. You just have to look at Chappelle's latest show for proof of that.

And Big Mouth isn't any edgier than SP, and less funny to boot.

News Comments > Get Alan Wake’s American Nightmare and >observer_ for Free

6. Re: Get Alan Wake’s American Nightmare and >observer_ for Free Oct 17, 2019, 21:58 Razumen

Cutter wrote on Oct 17, 2019, 20:46:
Yeah, I gave a run for the past hour or two and just quit and uninstalled. It wasn't scary, just irritating. I hate all that symbolic mind crap. It's like Officer Albrect said in The Crow
Oh great! Great! Guy shows up looking like a mime from hell and you lose him, right out in the open. Well, at least he didn't do that 'walking against the wind' shit. I hate that.

It's not really a horror game, more cyber-punk than anything. It was a few horror-ish moments, but for the most part you play it for the story, and it's a pretty good one.

7. Re: Steam Top 10 Oct 15, 2019, 01:47 Razumen

Riahderymnmaddog wrote on Oct 14, 2019, 13:31:
Steam exclusives sicken me.

Weird way to say you're feeling fine.

News Comments > Activision Blizzard Faces Hong Kong Backlash

41. Re: Activision Blizzard Faces Hong Kong Backlash Oct 10, 2019, 22:06 Razumen

Burrito of Peace wrote on Oct 10, 2019, 12:28:
Razumen wrote on Oct 10, 2019, 00:36:
Burrito of Peace wrote on Oct 9, 2019, 13:43:
It could just be me, cause today is an insomnia day, but I don't give a shit about Hong Kong. China is a boorish dick. China has always been a boorish dick. Why is anyone surprised when they act like boorish dicks?

I'm going to assume you haven't been paying attention to the news and what's been happening in Hong Kong.

You assume incorrectly.

Obviously not because then you'd know that they're acting more boorish and dickish than usual, and wouldn't have made your initial comment.

News Comments > etc.

1. Re: etc. Oct 10, 2019, 00:38 Razumen

Gawd, just STFU Epic. Why don't you put up a public platform advocating for the HK protests then?  

37. Re: Activision Blizzard Faces Hong Kong Backlash Oct 10, 2019, 00:36 Razumen

Burrito of Peace wrote on Oct 9, 2019, 13:43:
It could just be me, cause today is an insomnia day, but I don't give a shit about Hong Kong. China is a boorish dick. China has always been a boorish dick. Why is anyone surprised when they act like boorish dicks?

I'm going to assume you haven't been paying attention to the news and what's been happening in Hong Kong.

36. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Oct 10, 2019, 00:34 Razumen

eRe4s3r wrote on Oct 9, 2019, 11:19:
But you can not fault Activision for doing what companies do here, they are legally required to prevent any harm that comes to their investors.

This sounds like the myth that companies are legally required to maximize profits no matter what.

799 Comments. 40 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >