Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

User information for Razumen

Real Name Razumen   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 13, 2010, 15:29
Total Comments 734 (Apprentice)
User ID 55599

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Steam Top 10
6. Re: Steam Top 10 Jul 21, 2019, 22:05 Razumen

RedEye9 wrote on Jul 21, 2019, 20:17:
Razumen wrote on Jul 21, 2019, 19:59:
RedEye9 wrote on Jul 21, 2019, 13:43:
theglaze wrote on Jul 21, 2019, 13:23:
Whoa, Index is No.1 ??? That's a lot of kits! Must be those HL3VR rumors
It's based on revenue. 1 kit is the equivalent of 33 copies of PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS.

nvrmnd, you we're being snarky w/the hl3 remark

So? Are you surprised that hardware costs more than a game does? lol
Nope, that's not what I was saying at all.
The Steam top 10 does not show quantities of how many widgets were sold, and to say that a lot of some thing was sold, when the metric used to measure that lot is based on revenue does not mean very much unless you're comparing equally priced widgets.

First off, where does it say it's based on profits?
Secondly, even if it is, it still DOES mean quite a lot. The rest of the games are huge sellers. So the fact that there are not only one but TWO Index SKU'S is quite good news for it, especially when we're talking about stats from the biggest PC marketplace.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > etc.
15. Re: etc. Jul 21, 2019, 20:10 Razumen

Beamer wrote on Jul 21, 2019, 08:22:
Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Jul 21, 2019, 00:27:
Kxmode wrote on Jul 20, 2019, 23:10:
Cutter wrote on Jul 20, 2019, 20:13:
That trailer was awful. Looks like Witcher: The Snowflake Chronicles. Knew they were going to trash it.

Clueless comment is clueless.
Brokilon dryads using spears, instead of bows. And Triss not looking young, chestnut haired, and looking like she got beat with an ugly stick, and Yenn looking like she either a 25 year old trying to be 35, or 35 looking to be 25 is obviously clueless. Did I mention the black ones armor yet? No? Sit back and enjoy the shit show.

They're really not even trying to stick to the books. Some parts of it look good, I agree. Other parts are like they decided to break out the stupid because Sapkowski is still pissed off that the witcher games were far more popular than the books, and he only took a lumpsum payment - despite CDPR offering him more when the W3 became an overwhelming success.

You're just furious about one tweet from the show runner, so much that you're unwilling to enjoy something. Life is tough for you.

Except he's actually brought up valid criticisms? Hate it when people like you try to deflect sound complaints into something else.

4. Re: Steam Top 10 Jul 21, 2019, 19:59 Razumen

RedEye9 wrote on Jul 21, 2019, 13:43:
theglaze wrote on Jul 21, 2019, 13:23:
Whoa, Index is No.1 ??? That's a lot of kits! Must be those HL3VR rumors
It's based on revenue. 1 kit is the equivalent of 33 copies of PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS.

So? Are you surprised that hardware costs more than a game does? lol

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
9. Re: Morning Safety Dance Jul 18, 2019, 10:09 Razumen

RedEye9 wrote on Jul 18, 2019, 09:56:
Razumen wrote on Jul 18, 2019, 09:18:
Beamer wrote on Jul 18, 2019, 07:11:
Razumen wrote on Jul 17, 2019, 22:28:
How exactly does one man sitting in an embassy "meddle" in elections?

By also being the head of a famous entity that very selectively releases damaging information despite claiming transparency.

Erm, transparency requires the release of information, not the other way around.

If there's information that's damaging to an election party, it SHOULD be released to the public.
Did you miss the word "selectively"?
No, because it's complete conjecture. If you know he's been selectively releasing information, then you must surely know what other information he has as well.

7. Re: Morning Safety Dance Jul 18, 2019, 09:18 Razumen

Beamer wrote on Jul 18, 2019, 07:11:
Razumen wrote on Jul 17, 2019, 22:28:

By also being the head of a famous entity that very selectively releases damaging information despite claiming transparency.

Erm, transparency requires the release of information, not the other way around.

If there's information that's damaging to an election party, it SHOULD be released to the public.

4. Re: Morning Safety Dance Jul 17, 2019, 22:28 Razumen

9. Re: Steam Top 10 Jul 15, 2019, 23:00 Razumen

Ozmodan wrote on Jul 15, 2019, 08:25:
Wow too many people have money to throw away on games, $1000 for a VR setup is ridiculous.

It's $1000 for the whole setup, About $500 if you only get the headset or controllers. It's not that much actually.

News Comments > Borderlands 2 VR for PC?
8. Re: Borderlands 2 VR for PC? Jul 3, 2019, 05:02 Razumen

Beamer wrote on Jul 1, 2019, 08:33:
Razumen wrote on Jul 1, 2019, 02:28:
jdreyer wrote on Jun 30, 2019, 02:00:
HoSpanky wrote on Jun 29, 2019, 23:28:
Myeeeeahh, Iíd be more interested if it wasnít single player. In my experience, games ported to VR just arenít as compelling as games made specifically for it, especially something I already played to death.
Do you have three other friends who also have kick ass computers and VR headsets?

There's a wonderful invention called the internet. I hear it's all the rage these days. You can play with anyone across the globe!!!

And you still need 3 friends with kickass computers and VR headsets, from anywhere all over the globe. Otherwise, you're playing with randos, and hoping they're half decent, which is usually far too much to ask for.

Can't always have it your way, plus there's a lot of good players you haven't met yet.

News Comments > Borderlands 2 VR for PC?
6. Re: Borderlands 2 VR for PC? Jul 1, 2019, 02:28 Razumen

jdreyer wrote on Jun 30, 2019, 02:00:
HoSpanky wrote on Jun 29, 2019, 23:28:
Myeeeeahh, Iíd be more interested if it wasnít single player. In my experience, games ported to VR just arenít as compelling as games made specifically for it, especially something I already played to death.
Do you have three other friends who also have kick ass computers and VR headsets?

There's a wonderful invention called the internet. I hear it's all the rage these days. You can play with anyone across the globe!!!

News Comments > Sunday Interviews
8. Re: Sunday Interviews Jul 1, 2019, 02:27 Razumen

Beamer wrote on Jun 30, 2019, 22:56:
Do people complain that most Diablo 2 weapons were garbage?

No, but Diablo 2 didn't tout that it had a million billion unique possible weapons that could drop.

It was also a much better game.

News Comments > Gabe Newell Almost Says Three
26. Re: Gabe Newell Almost Says Three Jun 30, 2019, 10:25 Razumen

Halsy wrote on Jun 29, 2019, 00:37:
No idea what most of that means as VR won't be on my radar until there's sufficient good content to justify the cost.

There's already LOADS of content on PC, both paid and free.

Seriously, we're already there.

Luke wrote on Jun 29, 2019, 11:02:
Yep nothing better than floating guns in tha air

Actually, yeah, you're right. There isn't. Not when you can actually physically aim those guns, look down the sights, pull out the mag, cock it, etc.

But I guess you think moving a mouse on a pad is more fun.

News Comments > Steam Redesign Shown
25. Re: Steam Redesign Shown Jun 14, 2019, 00:11 Razumen

Primalchrome wrote on Jun 13, 2019, 10:45:
Again, I blame it on their silly managerial model. You gotta have *someone* who makes other employees take out the trash.

Steam kinda proves you don't. XD

19. Re: Steam Redesign Shown Jun 13, 2019, 09:30 Razumen

Verno wrote on Jun 13, 2019, 09:25:
We're talking about the ones in this specific news piece.

Not everyone here is, no. Those are the people I addressed with my remarks.

17. Re: Steam Redesign Shown Jun 13, 2019, 09:22 Razumen

Verno wrote on Jun 13, 2019, 09:02:
Razumen wrote on Jun 13, 2019, 05:39:
There is more to the redesign than this (https://www.pcgamer.com/new-steam-design-2019/). It exlicitly says this is more about store assets, people should read more before they comment, but that's Bluesnews for you.

We had a whole long discussion about the rest of it in a previous thread which you obviously missed. I'm also shocked anyone still reads PC Gamer by the way, those guys are real survivors.

Okay, good for you? It's still more than what people here are saying, and it IS an improvement.

13. Re: Steam Redesign Shown Jun 13, 2019, 05:39 Razumen

Verno wrote on Jun 12, 2019, 22:21:
This is really just a minor redesign, a lot of this theme is already present in the software, right click on the title headers in library view and fart around. They added some box art and a header, woo?

Also still looks better than the colossal shit heap that is the Epic Games Store. But hey they bought a "face to face social network" today guys, we might get some higher quality CHAT soon mwuahaha! Competition doing great things for us!

Actually I think my favorite client library view is the GOG Galaxy beta, shit is DOPE.

There is more to the redesign than this (https://www.pcgamer.com/new-steam-design-2019/). It exlicitly says this is more about store assets, people should read more before they comment, but that's Bluesnews for you.

News Comments > CONTRA: ROGUE CORPS Announced
4. Re: CONTRA: ROGUE CORPS Announced Jun 12, 2019, 08:22 Razumen

ItBurn wrote on Jun 11, 2019, 22:31:
I'm not a hardcore Contra fan, but I find these visuals and perspectives to be pretty offensive (in Rogue Corps). Contra was about tight shooting and controls, but here it's real hard to tell where your shots go and movement seems really ... imprecise. There's been good 2.5D Contras before, why not do that?

It looks fine gramps.

News Comments > Quake II RTX Released
29. Re: Quake II RTX Released Jun 7, 2019, 09:10 Razumen

WaltC wrote on Jun 6, 2019, 19:45:
Verno wrote on Jun 6, 2019, 13:19:
Meh, its new tech. I remember the early days of 3d accelerator addin cards. Raytracing is going to be A Thing, both next gen consoles are going to be doing DXR with AMD APUs. The performance will get there over time.

D3d DXR does not equal ray tracing, much less in real time--it doesn't matter whose GPU it is. If you want to see how real ray tracing works, fire up the Cinebench 20 Benchmark for ray tracing a small, low res single frame in "real time" on the fastest AMD or Intel CPUs today. If you really want to see how ray tracing works, load up Lightwave or any other ray-tracer and render a few ray-traced frames. (It will take minutes to hours to days to render a single frame depending how complex the frame is.) nVidia even states in the fine print that RTX is called "hybrid rendering" (internally by nVidia)--because, as nVidia states in the fine print, their GPUs do not have the horsepower--far, far from it--to actually ray trace a frame in "real time"--at 30 fps and up, etc. It's just another form of rasterization. Still, nVidia marketing doesn't give that impression but rather puts the facts into fine print...;) Lots of marketing is the same--it's a caveat emptor world we live in.

Not even the original demo nVidia circulated with its RTX products was rendered on an RTX product--but was a 2d compilation of frames compiled into a 2d videoclip, rendered on much more expensive nVidia hardware than RTX and certainly not in "real time". None of the shiny Star Wars chrome reflection nVidia circulated in the "demo" was even rendered on an RTX product! nVidia, to its credit, never tried to hide it--they came right out and told you what hardware they used to render each frame, and they even identified the companies nVidia paid to compile the frames in the 2d animation that you saw. It baffles me why this is difficult for anyone to understand...? What nVidia is doing is pre-programmed rasterization, programmed to mimic what you might see in a real ray-traced frame or scene--at least in terms of global illumination--which is the only part of a frame that RTX tries to counterfeit. It's not "real-time ray tracing" simply because nVidia says it is. Often consumers are asked to choose between marketing hyperbole and facts, and I can see how some folks might mistake the marketing talk for facts, at least initially. It's bound to be confusing for people who have no experience with ray tracing programs, but that is only as nVidia marketing intends.

Yeah no, just because they're only using it for select effects, doesn't make it not ray tracing. If you actually even read the article you'd realize that they are in fact doing ray tracing, and that's why it needs a denoiser and also runs like crap on anything without RTX cores.

News Comments > Free SIGIL Released for DOOM
20. Re: Free SIGIL Released for DOOM Jun 2, 2019, 08:33 Razumen

Nimh wrote on May 31, 2019, 13:06:
Making annoyingly hard levels (dark, lava covered, doorway chokes) does not a fun game make.

It's not that hard at all, pretty fun actually. Hurt Me Plenty is the recommended difficulty to play on, Ultra-violence is actually designed to be a real challenge.

News Comments > Starbase Revealed
11. Re: Starbase Revealed May 30, 2019, 00:29 Razumen

Taulin wrote on May 29, 2019, 08:19:
Agreed. Lot's of potential, or are those finished features?
Building bases and ships. Battle. Economy/shops.
I think if all you have is just the space base, the scenery will get boring. Minecraft has blocks, but it emulates a bunch of biomes and scenarios (houses, caves, etc). This looks all metal. Perhaps planetside landing eventually?

Reminds me of Starmade, which is almost the same thing, if Starmade was a lot more ambitious and had a team that could actually accomplish everything they wanted to do.

News Comments > Free QUAKE II RTX Next Week
8. Re: Free QUAKE II RTX Next Week May 27, 2019, 20:14 Razumen

heroin wrote on May 27, 2019, 13:58:
It'd be awesome if we can get some CTF w/ grapple going.

Most likely we can, this is just a mod for the original game. I'd be very surprised if it wasn't compatible with old mods.

734 Comments. 37 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo