Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

User information for Razumen

Real Name Razumen   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 13, 2010, 15:29
Total Comments 784 (Graduate)
User ID 55599

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Steam Top 10
7. Re: Steam Top 10 Oct 15, 2019, 01:47 Razumen

Riahderymnmaddog wrote on Oct 14, 2019, 13:31:
Steam exclusives sicken me.

Weird way to say you're feeling fine.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Activision Blizzard Faces Hong Kong Backlash
41. Re: Activision Blizzard Faces Hong Kong Backlash Oct 10, 2019, 22:06 Razumen

Burrito of Peace wrote on Oct 10, 2019, 12:28:
Razumen wrote on Oct 10, 2019, 00:36:
Burrito of Peace wrote on Oct 9, 2019, 13:43:
It could just be me, cause today is an insomnia day, but I don't give a shit about Hong Kong. China is a boorish dick. China has always been a boorish dick. Why is anyone surprised when they act like boorish dicks?

I'm going to assume you haven't been paying attention to the news and what's been happening in Hong Kong.

You assume incorrectly.

Obviously not because then you'd know that they're acting more boorish and dickish than usual, and wouldn't have made your initial comment.

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Oct 10, 2019, 00:38 Razumen

Gawd, just STFU Epic. Why don't you put up a public platform advocating for the HK protests then?  

37. Re: Activision Blizzard Faces Hong Kong Backlash Oct 10, 2019, 00:36 Razumen

Burrito of Peace wrote on Oct 9, 2019, 13:43:
It could just be me, cause today is an insomnia day, but I don't give a shit about Hong Kong. China is a boorish dick. China has always been a boorish dick. Why is anyone surprised when they act like boorish dicks?

I'm going to assume you haven't been paying attention to the news and what's been happening in Hong Kong.

36. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Oct 10, 2019, 00:34 Razumen

eRe4s3r wrote on Oct 9, 2019, 11:19:
But you can not fault Activision for doing what companies do here, they are legally required to prevent any harm that comes to their investors.

This sounds like the myth that companies are legally required to maximize profits no matter what.

News Comments > No EGS Exclusivity for EVERSPACE 2
39. Re: No EGS Exclusivity for EVERSPACE 2 Oct 8, 2019, 19:46 Razumen

eRe4s3r wrote on Oct 8, 2019, 11:43:
Razumen wrote on Oct 8, 2019, 08:11:
eRe4s3r wrote on Oct 8, 2019, 02:33:
Razumen wrote on Oct 8, 2019, 00:40:
eRe4s3r wrote on Oct 7, 2019, 14:17:
Creston wrote on Oct 7, 2019, 14:12:
jdreyer wrote on Oct 7, 2019, 13:36:
NKD wrote on Oct 7, 2019, 13:08:
jdreyer wrote on Oct 7, 2019, 11:07:
But what if I wanted to buy it on EGS...

EGS says you're not allowed. Indies can only participate if they sign an exclusivity agreement.
I blame the publisher.

The exclusivity for indies is 100% an EGS requirement. Ask Beamer, he can explain the 'reasoning' behind it.

It's well known at this point anyway ever since 1 indie leaked the emails.
What emails are these?

Because you didn't google it yourself I link you to kotaku

Um, I did search for it, but all I got was results about leaked email addresses and passwords.

I know.... because I had to trudge through 10 pages of garbage to find that link to remember the name of the dev and game. "DarQ dev egs email" is what you need to search

Ahh, much appreciated sir.

32. Re: No EGS Exclusivity for EVERSPACE 2 Oct 8, 2019, 10:18 Razumen

CJ_Parker wrote on Oct 8, 2019, 10:07:
BIGtrouble77 wrote on Oct 7, 2019, 16:02:
El Pit wrote on Oct 7, 2019, 11:57:
But please try to buy from GOG first, if a game is available on this store, too.
Only reason I sometimes don't buy on GoG is that GoG users tend to get screwed on updates... Factorio being a good example. GoG users also get screwed when mods for the game in question primarily go through steam workshop.

At least the former is definitely publisher sloppiness if they do not submit the patches to GOG. I doubt that someone at GOG deliberately refuses to upload patches. If so that would be a reason to boycott GOG.

The latter is a community issue but that's just the way that Steam elitists tick. There shall be no God beside Steam. That's why Steam elitist modders only upload to and support their stuff on Steam. They want everyone to join the one and only exclusive Steam cult. GOGers are inferior, unworthy lepers.

Or maybe they just find Workshop easier to use and don't want to bother supporting every version of the game that exists? There's no need to assume the worst of everyone all the time.

30. Re: No EGS Exclusivity for EVERSPACE 2 Oct 8, 2019, 08:11 Razumen

eRe4s3r wrote on Oct 8, 2019, 02:33:
Razumen wrote on Oct 8, 2019, 00:40:

EGS says you're not allowed. Indies can only participate if they sign an exclusivity agreement.
I blame the publisher.

The exclusivity for indies is 100% an EGS requirement. Ask Beamer, he can explain the 'reasoning' behind it.

What emails are these?

Because you didn't google it yourself I link you to kotaku

Um, I did search for it, but all I got was results about leaked email addresses and passwords.

28. Re: No EGS Exclusivity for EVERSPACE 2 Oct 8, 2019, 00:40 Razumen

I blame the publisher.

What emails are these?

News Comments > Destiny 2: Shadowkeep Released; Knocks Servers Offline
24. Re: Destiny 2: Shadowkeep Released; Knocks Servers Offline Oct 7, 2019, 02:18 Razumen

Riahderymnmaddog wrote on Oct 3, 2019, 12:02:
Ok, so to play a game I already fucking OWN I am required sign up for yet ANOTHER service and forced to allow bunghole access to my BATTLENET account and my STEAM account, and accept a entirely new EULA and type in the words "I agree to the terms" or choose to never play the game again or get my money back.

And if I do this, I cant even play the game when I want because I have to wait in a queue for god knows how long.

HOW THE FUCK IS THIS OK?

Signing up for Steam costs literally zero dollars, you're not going to find anything but the smallest violin here for your quibbling.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
16. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 3, 2019, 05:19 Razumen

Cutter wrote on Oct 2, 2019, 18:18:
BIGtrouble77 wrote on Oct 2, 2019, 14:48:
That Joaquin Phoenix outtake was really unfortunate. The dude was in one of the better moods I've seen him in on late night, and that clip just killed his spirit. The guys that are method actors get so deep in their roles that tense stuff can happen on set. It felt uncomfortable because we really shouldn't have seen it... we don't know the context and we don't know the pressure he was under to get that scene right.

That doesn't matter in the least. That's how a spoiled child behaves. Anyone who ever behaved like that in my restos got 86'd immediately. Sometimes forcibly. The guy makes a fortune for pretending, it's not hard work. The least he could do is show some grace and professionalism.

He has a small tiff with the cinematographer, it happens to everyone, and it's really not a big deal-hardly spoiled behaviour. I'm really wondering what the point of showing that on TV really was.

16. Re: Destiny 2: Shadowkeep Released; Knocks Servers Offline Oct 2, 2019, 01:04 Razumen

pacbowl wrote on Oct 2, 2019, 00:35:
80GB? Really?

50+GB installs are normal for AAA content quality in releases these days.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
17. Re: Evening Tech Bits Oct 1, 2019, 22:35 Razumen

The Flying Penguin wrote on Oct 1, 2019, 21:44:
The new start menu? An immense waste of real estate and lack of support for old functionality is my problem.

Look, I TRIED using the new menu for 2 months figuring, yeah, might as well learn something new, and I finally gave up in frustration. The classic menu design works better for me. The new Start menu is basically advertising space for Microsoft. I don't need dancing animated large tiles showing me the weather or the latest news. That's not the way I use an operating system. I open a program or browse a website to learn what I need to learn. The new Start menu is an attempt to make it more like a phone, and I don't need a phone OS on my PC.

https://i.imgur.com/JXlyBYw.png
This is my start menu, where's the advertising? The dancing animated tiles showing the weather or news?

14. Re: Evening Tech Bits Oct 1, 2019, 21:36 Razumen

RedEye9 wrote on Oct 1, 2019, 20:44:
Razumen wrote on Oct 1, 2019, 20:35:
The Flying Penguin wrote on Oct 1, 2019, 11:59:
I despise the new Start menu so I use Open Shell to get the classic start menu back.

Things like this don't really make sense to me, what is wrong with Win10's start menu? I'm really at a loss trying to find a reason where Win7's is better in any meaningful way.
1. Open She'll is more configurable
2. It stays the same because change for the sake of change is not needed, especially since they were trying to meld a touchscreen/tablet interface onto a desktop os.
3. It's faster and easier to get to stuff.

1. OpenShell is not the Win7 start menu, doesn't matter if it's more configurable, because I'm not talking about it.

2. There is actual good change in the Win10 start menu, for example pinned items are handled much better.

3. I find the Win10 start menu much faster actually, especially when typing to find a program, which is what I do 99% of the time, rendering most of the rest of the menu irrelevant for the most part. Who actually scrolls through the list of programs?

9. Re: Destiny 2: Shadowkeep Released; Knocks Servers Offline Oct 1, 2019, 20:42 Razumen

jdreyer wrote on Oct 1, 2019, 20:31:
Razumen wrote on Oct 1, 2019, 20:06:
jdreyer wrote on Oct 1, 2019, 19:25:
I bet Bungie is missing the deep pockets and expertise of ActiBlizz now.

Yeah, no. Destiny is insanely popular. I'm sure they can handle it.

They're obviously not handling it. One thing ActiBlizz had experience with was massive launches: CoD, WoW, Overwatch, etc.

Implying that Acti/Blizz NEVER had problems like this, ever. lol, people will find ways to complain about anything.

11. Re: Evening Tech Bits Oct 1, 2019, 20:35 Razumen

The Flying Penguin wrote on Oct 1, 2019, 11:59:
I despise the new Start menu so I use Open Shell to get the classic start menu back.

Things like this don't really make sense to me, what is wrong with Win10's start menu? I'm really at a loss trying to find a reason where Win7's is better in any meaningful way.

News Comments > Gearbox Responds to Union Beef
17. Re: Gearbox Responds to Union Beef Oct 1, 2019, 20:13 Razumen

NKD wrote on Oct 1, 2019, 11:38:
Yeah that's bullshit. Troy Baker has been in like, everything, for the last 12 years, and it has nothing to do with some bit part in a game no one played. Also, Texas law doesn't say you can't sign a union worker under a collective bargaining agreement. There are all kinds of unions in Texas. You just can't make membership mandatory for employment, and any collective bargaining agreement in Texas is going to reflect that.

The snippet of: 'Gearbox is a Texas company and is bound by Texas law which means that a person cannot be denied employment because of membership or non-membership in a labor union or other labor organization.' is just Gearbox going; "We didn't break the law because in Texas it's illegal to do that thing we're being accused of."

Corporate non-speak.

6. Re: Destiny 2: Shadowkeep Released; Knocks Servers Offline Oct 1, 2019, 20:06 Razumen

jdreyer wrote on Oct 1, 2019, 19:25:
I bet Bungie is missing the deep pockets and expertise of ActiBlizz now.

Yeah, no. Destiny is insanely popular. I'm sure they can handle it.

5. Re: Evening Tech Bits Sep 30, 2019, 22:01 Razumen

Marvin T. Martian wrote on Sep 30, 2019, 18:27:
Every day reinforces why I kept win 7. Now I will have to accept that 10 is still a POS ( because of MS )and upgrade in Jan. Damn it.

I once thought like you, and this is pretty scummy, but I've had zero issues switching over to Win10 on all of my PCs

News Comments > Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Game Modes Leak?
13. Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Game Modes Leak? Sep 30, 2019, 00:11 Razumen

GinRummy wrote on Sep 29, 2019, 12:24:
To me, this list looks like:
Gun Fight
Gun Battle
Gun Shooting
Team Gun Shooting Fight Battle
Shooting Stuff
Shooting Other Stuff
Team Shooting Guns at More Stuff
Last Man With a Gun Standing

An FPS with guns has game modes with guns...whodathunk.

784 Comments. 40 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo