Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter
User information for lthecakeisalie

Real Name lthecakeisalie   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname thecakeisalie
Email Concealed by request
Description Gaming since the 70s
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 12, 2010, 13:37
Total Comments 277 (Amateur)
User ID 55592

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ] Older >

News Comments > For Honor Cheaters Banned

6. Re: For Honor Cheaters Banned Feb 24, 2017, 14:54 thecakeisalie

"These bans are applied on an account level, not at the hardware level"

So Ubisoft is allowing the cheaters to just make another account so they can buy the game again and keep playing. They pay lip service to the community by "banning" cheaters yet allow the cheaters to pony up the cash for the game again and play if they want to. Never one to pass up a quick buck, eh Ubisoft? LOL.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare Free Weekend

10. Re: On Sale Feb 24, 2017, 12:24 thecakeisalie

Kxmode wrote on Feb 24, 2017, 08:05:
thecakeisalie wrote on Feb 23, 2017, 23:20:
only doing this as an act of desperation to give the few whales still playing the game and shelling out hundreds to thousands on microtransactions people to kill with their shiny pay-to-win weapons.

Are we still talking about COD or Star Citizen? Jester

Depends. How many of the pay-to-win ships can you actually fly in Star Citizen or are they still just JPGs?

News Comments > Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare Free Weekend

3. Re: Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare Free Weekend Feb 23, 2017, 23:20 thecakeisalie

Not worth the download. Activision is only doing this as an act of desperation to give the few whales still playing the game and shelling out hundreds to thousands on microtransactions people to kill with their shiny pay-to-win weapons.  

News Comments > For Honor Workarounds

10. Re: For Honor Workarounds Feb 15, 2017, 15:47 thecakeisalie

The netcode for this game is utter crap. See this analysis made by Battle(non)sense: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tAU5bIalbnc

~100-120ms delay on top of ping difference between the clients. Wow, is all I'll say. This is 2017, eh Ubi$oft?

News Comments > Origin Access Free Trial

10. Re: Origin Access Free Trial Feb 15, 2017, 14:46 thecakeisalie

SpectralMeat wrote on Feb 15, 2017, 14:17:
thecakeisalie wrote on Feb 15, 2017, 14:02:
I don't like paying a subscription fee for games that I probably won't play that much. Also, as EA has offices in Canada, I have to pay a pretty hefty sales tax on everything in the Origin store and even on subscriptions to EA MMO games (like SWTOR). Steam, GOG, GreenManGaming, etc I don't have to pay taxes if I buy games from them.
I don't buy any games from Origin, I buy all my games from GMG or cdkeys etc. and activate them on Origin or Steam.
In terms of the subscription, they are giving out free games like Garden warfare 2 and Battlefield games and for that I think it is well worth it.
I try to avoid buying any sort of EA game because I know it will be available for free on EA Access.
To me personally it's worth the $30 a year. Not to mention the 10hrs game trial for new EA games and exclusive beta access etc.
To each their own, if you don't think it's worth it than don't get it.
The amount of hours the kids put into Battlefield, Battlefront, sports games, and Garden Warfare EA Access already paid for itself multiple times over.

If you have kids who play the games and you share the account with them it makes sense. I'm not dissing people who subscribe to the service if they get their money worth from it. It's just not something that I feel is worth it for me.

News Comments > Origin Access Free Trial

5. Re: Origin Access Free Trial Feb 15, 2017, 14:02 thecakeisalie

I don't like paying a subscription fee for games that I probably won't play that much. Also, as EA has offices in Canada, I have to pay a pretty hefty sales tax on everything in the Origin store and even on subscriptions to EA MMO games (like SWTOR). Steam, GOG, GreenManGaming, etc I don't have to pay taxes if I buy games from them.  

News Comments > For Honor Launched

11. Re: For Honor Launched Feb 15, 2017, 13:10 thecakeisalie

Cutter wrote on Feb 14, 2017, 22:03:
So $80/$90/$120 for an arena game where all you do is stand around hacking and slashing? Oh yeah, and $40 season pass and microtransactions out the ass to boot. Are you fucking kidding me?

You left out that it's Peer-to-Peer because Ubi$oft is too cheap to use dedicated servers. If you want to scratch the same itch that For Honor scratches without supporting Ubi$oft's despicable business practices Chivalry can be gotten for a few bucks on sale, and Tiger Knight: Empire War is Free-to-Play with a surprisingly decent and fair pricing model.

News Comments > Warhammer 40,000 Inquisitor Early Access

16. Re: Warhammer 40,000 Inquisitor Early Access Feb 13, 2017, 16:27 thecakeisalie

I can think of a LOT better things to spend money on than their $999 package. Also, $40 USD as the minimum buy-in isn't cheap either. I'll pass and wait for more information even though I'm a die-hard WH40K nut. Games Workshop isn't exactly particular about who it licenses to nowadays some some pretty crappy games have come out recently using their IPs.

This comment was edited on Feb 13, 2017, 18:54.

News Comments > For Honor Beta Concludes Today

17. Re: For Honor Beta Concludes Today Feb 12, 2017, 21:40 thecakeisalie

{PH}88fingers wrote on Feb 12, 2017, 18:31:
thecakeisalie wrote on Feb 12, 2017, 16:55:
Trevellian wrote on Feb 12, 2017, 16:29:
thecakeisalie wrote on Feb 12, 2017, 12:20:
If you're a PC user, don't pre-order and wait for the reviews. Don't fall for the hype.

Once you buy into the main game, which is designed primarily for consoles (so much so that trying to play without a console controller on PC is awkward at best), you'll be pretty much forced to buy the Season Pass/DLC if you want to keep playing online so you're looking at a huge chunk of money. This being Ubisoft, there are even microtransactions on top of this.

Caveat emptor. Cheers.

Incorrect, it uses the same business model they did with R6 Siege where every map released each season is free and every new operator is buyable with in game currency, the Season Pass is simply a shortcut to not have to spend in game currency on said opeators. Please understand a games microtransaction system if you're going to dig on it. R6/For Honor have one of the fairest Season Content systems out there and other games should take notice of it because it doesn't split the community with Map Packs like BF and COD do.

Also two of the guys I played the Beta with preferred keyboard completely over controller. I feel like a lot of people here on Blues are just looking for shit to complain about to the point they'll make anything up to dig on Ubisoft anymore.

Ok, this is like the argument people made for Infinite Warfare before they put in Supply-Drop-only crap in; that you could simply grind for whatever you wanted. Yeah, you can grind but good luck with that. If you want to grind for hundreds of hours to avoid shelling out for a Season Pass, go for it. Most people won't do that and will buy the Season Pass/DLC. Also, trying to say that the game doesn't play better on a console controller on the PC literally made me LOL. Seriously mate. That was funny.

Pre-ordering is silly after all the shenanigans that have happened in the last year with many games, not just ones by Ubisoft. No one should pre-order over-hyped games like this. It's not worth getting burned. I played 3 of the beta tests and was unimpressed. Peer-to-Peer matchmaking on a 69.99 CAD PC game in 2017 that requires me to buy a console controller is cringe-worthy. I would say this if it were EA, Activision or any other publisher, not just Ubisoft, sorry.

I have no issue with your comments about the shortcuts buying dlc etc, but don't go spouting as if you knew the end all answer that controller is better because you clearly have no idea. currently the top players in the beta use m/kb. If you want an example, arteezy a pro gamer with over a million dollars in tournament winnings streams it often and he teams up w/ / plays against some of the best players currently in the game and he specifically said he was gonna buy the gamepad to be better and was told not to do that.
So maybe lay off the literally made me LOL bs a bit when you clearly don't know what you are talking about

I guess you didn't read the beta forums where there were tons of posts complaining about how clunky mouse/keyboard were on PC and how people were recommending console controllers. Maybe some people can make it work but many people find it extremely clunky. Don't lump all people into the same category as some e-sports dude. I'm an older gamer and I found mouse/keyboard painful. I did better when I used my XBone controller.

12. Re: For Honor Beta Concludes Today Feb 12, 2017, 16:55 thecakeisalie

Trevellian wrote on Feb 12, 2017, 16:29:
thecakeisalie wrote on Feb 12, 2017, 12:20:
If you're a PC user, don't pre-order and wait for the reviews. Don't fall for the hype.

Once you buy into the main game, which is designed primarily for consoles (so much so that trying to play without a console controller on PC is awkward at best), you'll be pretty much forced to buy the Season Pass/DLC if you want to keep playing online so you're looking at a huge chunk of money. This being Ubisoft, there are even microtransactions on top of this.

Caveat emptor. Cheers.

Incorrect, it uses the same business model they did with R6 Siege where every map released each season is free and every new operator is buyable with in game currency, the Season Pass is simply a shortcut to not have to spend in game currency on said opeators. Please understand a games microtransaction system if you're going to dig on it. R6/For Honor have one of the fairest Season Content systems out there and other games should take notice of it because it doesn't split the community with Map Packs like BF and COD do.

Also two of the guys I played the Beta with preferred keyboard completely over controller. I feel like a lot of people here on Blues are just looking for shit to complain about to the point they'll make anything up to dig on Ubisoft anymore.

Ok, this is like the argument people made for Infinite Warfare before they put Supply-Drop-only crap in; that you could simply grind for whatever you wanted. Yeah, you can grind but good luck with that. If you want to grind for hundreds of hours to avoid shelling out for a Season Pass, go for it. Most people won't do that and will buy the Season Pass/DLC. Also, trying to say that the game doesn't play better on a console controller on the PC literally made me LOL. Seriously mate. That was funny.

Pre-ordering is silly after all the shenanigans that have happened in the last year with many games, not just ones by Ubisoft. No one should pre-order over-hyped games like this. It's not worth getting burned. I played 3 of the beta tests and was unimpressed. Peer-to-Peer matchmaking on a 69.99 CAD PC game in 2017 that requires me to buy a console controller is cringe-worthy. I would say this if it were EA, Activision or any other publisher, not just Ubisoft, sorry.

This comment was edited on Feb 12, 2017, 18:29.

2. Re: For Honor Beta Concludes Today Feb 12, 2017, 12:20 thecakeisalie

Caveat emptor. Cheers.

News Comments > Activision Blizzard Record Results, Layoffs

7. Re: Activision Blizzard Record Results, Layoffs Feb 10, 2017, 20:46 thecakeisalie

This company is a cancer in the gaming industry. A large chunk of those profits were from microtransactions (e.g. gambling boxes).  

News Comments > For Honor Trailer

7. Re: For Honor Trailer Feb 7, 2017, 11:36 thecakeisalie

Peer-to-Peer multiplayer. For a fast-paced fighting game that is aimed squarely at the twitch crowd and probably e-sports, it's a deal breaker for anyone who cares about having an enjoyable gaming experience without having to deal with someone's crappy DSL connection lagging them out and constantly waiting for the connection to switch hosts if said laggy SOB drops from the game.

Also, there's Ubisoft's track record to consider. It hasn't been great recently. The Season Pass/DLC will be almost mandatory and there are going to be microtransactions.

It is also difficult to play on the PC without using a console-style controller. It is extremely clunky with mouse and keyboard. I think it'll probably do ok on console, but anyone who has a PC should really wait for the reviews and user feedback before buying.

News Comments > 25M Overwatch Players

19. Re: 25M Overwatch Players Jan 27, 2017, 22:34 thecakeisalie

25M people may have bought the game but the PC player base seems small. People may log in during their events to get the "free" microtransaction gambling box but not necessarily play. I no longer play Overwatch, but I logged in to get the free gambling box for the events. Does Blizzard count that as me playing the game? Probably.

Also the game has been sold at 50% off many times now since it was released as their main money-maker is not the initial sale, but the gambling boxes in game.

I have a lot of people on my friend's list due to WOW on the Blizzard launcher but almost no one plays Overwatch anymore. If they do it's rare and they only seem to play a few games before they go offline/idle or play WOW or Diablo III or something. I know this isn't a scientific measurement in any way, but it's indicative that at least some people are bored with the game. Personally, I burned out fast due to the repetitiveness, shoddy matchmaking, crappy netcode (since improved but it was a major source of rage when I used to play) and unbalanced heroes/meta.

News Comments > Days of War Early Access

2. Re: Days of War Early Access Jan 26, 2017, 21:40 thecakeisalie

They want too much money for it and the reviews are mixed. If you believe the negative reviews, the game is basically a buggy rip-off of Day of Defeat with fewer maps and only the increased maximum player count as its main selling point. I'm going to pass.  

News Comments > Conan Exiles Barbarian Edition

18. Re: Conan Exiles Barbarian Edition Jan 25, 2017, 19:12 thecakeisalie

Creston wrote on Jan 25, 2017, 15:06:
So now we're getting special editions of Early Access games?

Well we have Early Access games releasing pay-to-win DLCs and getting away with it. Why not? Gotta love capitalism (and suckers who never learn).

News Comments > Overwatch Celebrates the Year of the Rooster

2. Re: Overwatch Celebrates the Year of the Rooster Jan 24, 2017, 22:10 thecakeisalie

This game is a goldmine for Blizzard. Just "celebrate" 20+ "holidays" per year and watch the suckers fork over craploads of cash for their microtransaction RNG loot boxes to try to get the cool stuff. I hate gambling boxes with a passion. Just sell people the stuff they want already. Stop trying to get kids hooked on gambling and being greedy fucks, Activision.  

News Comments > Saturday Mobilization

4. Re: Saturday Mobilization Jan 21, 2017, 13:29 thecakeisalie

A "smartphone" being used by a raving idiot. The irony. Sorry, politics aside, I could never stand Trump.

At least it wasn't a "gift" from his good friend Vladimir.

News Comments > For Honor System Specs

2. Re: For Honor System Specs Jan 21, 2017, 01:31 thecakeisalie

The PC version is just a console port with a clunky control scheme unless you use a controller, Peer-to-Peer matchmaking (because Ubisoft is just cheap and lazy) and it has microtransactions. Also, they aimed this game squarely at the tweeny e-sports crowd and, as such, if you don't have twitch reflexes (e.g. you're 30+), forget trying to PVP.

I'm normally a sucker for medieval-type combat games (Mount & Blade, Gloria Victis, Chivalry, War of the Roses, etc) but I'm giving this one a miss. I've actually played it and I couldn't stand it.

News Comments > Atlas Reactor Season 2; Game Now Free-to-Play

4. Re: Atlas Reactor Season 2; Game Now Free-to-Play Jan 18, 2017, 13:08 thecakeisalie

Jivaro wrote on Jan 18, 2017, 12:09:
Until AA came out, Champions Online was the most disappointing MMO I had ever played. Obviously it wasn't the worst MMO I had ever played, the genre is ripe with terrible games, but it was hugely disappointing when I looked at it from an expectations vs reality standpoint. That wasn't the worst part though. Trion's customer service and development team's performance during the first 6 weeks alone were bad enough to make me not willing to even look at another Trion game. I may have had a particularly bad experience, to say the least, but it was far from a unique one.

Even if this game was fun, having Trion's name attached to it is enough for me to not even give it a look. I would rather pay for and watch a Uwe Boll movie.

Trion has a cancerous reputation for being a greedy and shifty company. They've changed the Terms of Sale after people bought stuff from them (ArcheAge Founder Packs pre-launch), then refused to provide refunds and even went so far as to scrub their site clean of any references to the original Terms of Sale. They then tried to string people along until the chargeback grace period for credit cards expired before telling people they shafted to basically go fuck themselves. This is, of course, completely illegal and anti-consumer.

277 Comments. 14 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ] Older >