Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter
User information for lthecakeisalie

Real Name lthecakeisalie   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname thecakeisalie
Email Concealed by request
Description Gaming since the 70s
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 12, 2010, 13:37
Total Comments 277 (Amateur)
User ID 55592

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ] Older >

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront II Trailer Leak

25. Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Trailer Leak Jun 10, 2017, 22:04 thecakeisalie

I am over 40 now and twitch shooters have little draw for me anymore. However, I do like Star Wars and I gave Battlefront a shot anyways and got burned. I won't be buying the sequel but if people are willing to trust EA after the shenanigans with the first game, fill yer boots.

People will just never learn and keep pre-ordering crap games no matter how much garbage EA/Actiblizz/Ubisoft churn out. I've just come to accept that sad fact. I look to indie developers or studios like CDPR to produce quality games these days.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Saturday Crowdfunding Roundup

16. Re: Saturday Crowdfunding Roundup Jun 4, 2017, 14:50 thecakeisalie

eRe4s3r wrote on Jun 4, 2017, 08:02:
Jerykk wrote on Jun 3, 2017, 17:50:
I'm not sure why anyone would crowdfund an MMO. MMOs are very expensive to make. No amount of crowdfunding will be enough to completely fund an MMO's development or upkeep. $11 million is nothing. The average AAA game costs at least $40 million and that's just for a 10 hour single-player campaign.

Yeah, but the KS wasn't about an MMO. This "downgrade" has been gifted to backers out of nowhere.

And indeed, for $11m -fees you aren't gonna make a MMO which is why the original KS was for a SP game!

This gives you some idea why people are REALLY sour on this one.

When I backed this game on KS it was going to be a single-player RPG. Then it morphed into a pseudo-MMO with a huge, bloated cash shop and virtual goods rivaling Star Citizen in price. As the game "developed" the virtual goods just got more and more outrageous in price. They've spent so much time on milking people via the cash shop that could have been spent on developing the core game. Right now, the game is nowhere near ready for launch in its current state.

This comment was edited on Jun 4, 2017, 15:03.

News Comments > Saturday Crowdfunding Roundup

7. Re: Saturday Crowdfunding Roundup Jun 3, 2017, 19:31 thecakeisalie

Creston wrote on Jun 3, 2017, 17:55:
Jerykk wrote on Jun 3, 2017, 17:50:
I'm not sure why anyone would crowdfund an MMO. MMOs are very expensive to make. No amount of crowdfunding will be enough to completely fund an MMO's development or upkeep. $11 million is nothing. The average AAA game costs at least $40 million and that's just for a 10 hour single-player campaign.

Well, when he first announced it, it wasn't going to be a fucking MMO. It was going to be a single player "ultima-style" RPG.

But then the mp aspect started growing, and then he realized imbeciles will just pay $500 for houses in a fucking game, and there, now, is Shroud of the Avatar. :\

He saw how much Chris Roberts was bilking people for Star Citizen and got greedy. I wonder how much of the almost $11 million went into developing SotA's store? It rivals Star Citizen's with all of the extra virtual goods you can "buy". Also, remember the cross-promotion they had going with Star Citizen? Garriott and Roberts know how to play people for suckers, that's for sure.

News Comments > Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare Free Weekend

9. Re: Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare Free Weekend May 20, 2017, 13:55 thecakeisalie

The only reason they have these weekends is NOT to sell more copies, but to allow the whales who shelled out hundreds to thousands on pay-to-win Supply Drop guns to WTFPWN people dumb enough to play during the "free weekends".

Otherwise, the PC population is so low that I imagine Activision is simply unable to move much in the way of microtransactions anymore.

News Comments > TERA Turns Five

3. Re: TERA Turns Five May 6, 2017, 12:16 thecakeisalie

A large chunk of the items in my inventory were no longer usable due to mechanics changes in the game. At least I was able to sell them off for a good chunk of gold to vendors. To be honest, after almost 20 years of them, I'm kinda burned out on MMOs. So many over-promise and under-deliver and their playerbases are just dying off as people just don't seem to have the patience for MMOs anymore. They want the instant gratification of MOBAs or want to play survival/murder simulator games where they can just be total arsehats without the restrictiveness of an MMO.  

News Comments > DayZ Beta Nears

10. Re: DayZ Beta Nears May 6, 2017, 11:35 thecakeisalie

3 years in Alpha, how long in Beta? We might see a "release" in 2020 at this rate, at which time this game will look like an SNES game compared to what will probably be cutting edge by then.  

News Comments > Dawn of War III Released

22. Re: Dawn of War III Released Apr 27, 2017, 19:32 thecakeisalie

This is the first DoW game I won't be buying. Sad that Relic is so creatively bankrupt that they can't give us a refined vision of what made DoW great in the first place and instead give us yet another MOBA-clone. Sad.  

News Comments > More Star Wars Battlefront II Details

10. Re: More Star Wars Battlefront II Details Apr 16, 2017, 19:31 thecakeisalie

CJ_Parker wrote on Apr 16, 2017, 14:47:
Yosemite Sam wrote on Apr 16, 2017, 14:16:
If they actually release a full game this time I'll be all over it. If they churn out another less then half a game again, well, FU EA... why oh why did such a shitty company get such a great IP.

Because 95% of people, including many around here, will preorder games based on flashy, fancy trailers alone. That's why. Everyone who keeps preordering this trite AAA garbage from EA (or Ubi or Actiblizz or Squeenix etc.) like SWBF or MEA only have themselves to blame for the results. Action, reaction. Gamers demand dumbed down shitty games, gamers get dumbed down shitty games. Simple as that.

This is why I no longer pre-order games for any reason. I don't care what pre-order incentives they offer. If the game is shit, the pre-order incentives don't mean anything anyways.

News Comments > More on the Star Citizen Roadmap

24. Re: More on the Star Citizen Roadmap Apr 16, 2017, 19:15 thecakeisalie

Cutter wrote on Apr 16, 2017, 18:01:
The Half Elf wrote on Apr 16, 2017, 13:32:
And stop with the fucking feature creep and just finish the fucking game.

And end the gravy train? Not gonna' happen. If this was a cow they would literally be milking it to death. Besides SQ42 - if and when it's ever done - is now "episodic" so all anyone paid for - now after they've changed the terms - is EP1. And like I said several years ago when this all started you can bet they'll be announcing this evolving universe will be a separate purchase with a monthly fee.

Pretty much. There isn't even any bit of SQ42 that's playable. Not one mission. I really hope they get sued for changing the TOS and baiting and switching if what you said is what they wind up really doing.

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront II Trailer

14. Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Trailer Apr 16, 2017, 17:49 thecakeisalie

Luke wrote on Apr 16, 2017, 03:49:
thecakeisalie wrote on Apr 15, 2017, 21:00:
After getting burned by their first game (which has almost no playerbase on PC now), I'm not getting this one. The first one was Call of Duty: Star Wars not a real successor to the first 2 Battlefront games.

It even sold with a pay-to-win weapon packaged in the "Deluxe" edition just like Activision does with Call of Duty and Supply Drops (yeah, I know you could unlock it after getting max level and they eventually nerfed it but if you got the game on release, it was absolutely a pay-to-win weapon that simply wrecked people without it).

So...you are one of those sad ones who pays to win , who does not have the time to play ANY game so might aswell just pay your way through it .........sigh

What the hell are you talking about? I didn't buy the Deluxe edition or the Season Pass (thankfully). I didn't get the pay-to-win gun, but I got rekt plenty of times by people who did buy the Deluxe edition simply for Han's Blaster so they'd have an unfair advantage. I never made it to max level so I never got the gun unlocked. I hated the gameplay too much and the fact that matchmaking was garbage. A lot of times it wasn't possible to even get into a game. There were long periods where their PC matchmaking wasn't working at all in the early new year after release. EA simply denied there was a problem despite lots of people complaining non-stop in the support forums.

PS - Thanks for being a dick and assuming that I am a pay-to-win douchebag and for not even really reading my post.

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront II Trailer

7. Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Trailer Apr 15, 2017, 21:00 thecakeisalie

After getting burned by their first game (which has almost no playerbase on PC now), I'm not getting this one. The first one was Call of Duty: Star Wars not a real successor to the first 2 Battlefront games.

It even sold with a pay-to-win weapon packaged in the "Deluxe" edition just like Activision does with Call of Duty and Supply Drops (yeah, I know you could unlock it after getting max level and they eventually nerfed it but if you got the game on release, it was absolutely a pay-to-win weapon that simply wrecked people without it).

News Comments > Battle Brothers Released

6. Re: Battle Brothers Released Mar 25, 2017, 18:32 thecakeisalie

VaranDragon wrote on Mar 25, 2017, 11:04:
thecakeisalie wrote on Mar 25, 2017, 09:40:
The game is actually pretty damn good for an indie game. The artwork is excellent. The soundtrack is top notch. The amount of replay value I've gotten from it made it worth the price tag (I bought into the game when it was in EA). I think it's a title worth supporting if you like tactical turn-based games.

They should run a kickstarter so they can animate the missing bottom half of the PC and NPC bodies.

The game looks cool, and right up my alley. But there is just no excuse not to animate what ammounts to HALF of your fucking characters.

That's the art style they chose. The guys look like figures from a chess game. However, they are incredibly detailed, especially when you get injuries.

News Comments > Battle Brothers Released

4. Re: Battle Brothers Released Mar 25, 2017, 09:40 thecakeisalie

The game is actually pretty damn good for an indie game. The artwork is excellent. The soundtrack is top notch. The amount of replay value I've gotten from it made it worth the price tag (I bought into the game when it was in EA). I think it's a title worth supporting if you like tactical turn-based games.  

News Comments > Star Citizen Year Five

48. Re: Star Citizen Year Five Mar 25, 2017, 02:30 thecakeisalie

I want them to actually release their financials so we can see just how much cash they actually have or if they're only being kept afloat by milking their true believers until they are dried up husks.  

News Comments > Star Citizen Year Five

35. Re: Star Citizen Year Five Mar 24, 2017, 23:03 thecakeisalie

Pr()ZaC wrote on Mar 24, 2017, 21:36:
DEREK SMART...

You know, a lot of people hate Derek Smart because he's an arrogant tit sometimes but he's been calling this dumpster fire for what it is for a while now, even enduring death threats, etc to do it. And he's been right so much it's almost scary. You have to give the guy some credit for that.

News Comments > Star Citizen Swapping DX12 for Vulkan

34. Re: Star Citizen Swapping DX12 for Vulkan Mar 19, 2017, 20:29 thecakeisalie

It's hard not to be utterly cynical anymore and just jump on this as yet another delay tactic. They've already changed their engine this past year, now their graphics API. Sigh.  

News Comments > Space Hulk: Deathwing Adds Content

15. Re: Space Hulk: Deathwing Adds Content Mar 15, 2017, 16:34 thecakeisalie

jacobvandy wrote on Mar 15, 2017, 11:49:
It's a feature on Steam, lots of games allow opting in to beta versions of updates... Skyrim and Fallout 4 did that, too.

Yep. Exactly this. Battle Brothers, a game that's in EA and being released on the 24th, has a beta branch where they are testing out all of the features going into release. The caveat is that, compared to their "stable" beta build, it can have bugs that can mess up your campaigns and sometimes saves can become incompatible with past versions as they add more mechanics/fix bugs. It works really well.

News Comments > Rend Announced

2. Re: Rend Announced Mar 14, 2017, 13:37 thecakeisalie

Cutter wrote on Mar 14, 2017, 12:12:
Wow Survival, lol.

Yeah, this genre is already severely overpopulated and most of them are garbage. It seems that everyone is trying to do a "survival"-themed murder simulator or a MOBA these days.

News Comments > Quake Champions Beta Signups

19. Re: Quake Champions Beta Signups Mar 8, 2017, 09:19 thecakeisalie

coldcut wrote on Mar 8, 2017, 04:07:
I'll just leave this here

If Quake was done today

That video was made over 5 years ago. It's even worse now. Expect a Season Pass, DLC and pay-to-win microtransactions. And, to be cheap like Ubisoft, Peer-to-Peer matchmaking instead of dedicated server tech.

News Comments > Hello Games New Project Plans

9. Re: Hello Games New Project Plans Mar 3, 2017, 11:19 thecakeisalie

Sean Murray is a lying cunt who is lucky his company wasn't hit with a class action suit for false advertising. Anyone who trusts this guy probably also falls for those Nigerian Prince scams.  

277 Comments. 14 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ] Older >