Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter
User information for lthecakeisalie

Real Name lthecakeisalie   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname thecakeisalie
Email Concealed by request
Description Gaming since the 70s
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 12, 2010, 13:37
Total Comments 277 (Amateur)
User ID 55592

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ] Older >

News Comments > Age of Empires Online Beta Key Giveaway

81. Re: Age of Empires Online Beta Key Giveaway Apr 26, 2011, 20:05 thecakeisalie

I'd like a key if you have enough. Thanks!  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Fallen Earth Patched

1. Re: Fallen Earth Patched Jul 29, 2010, 09:16 thecakeisalie

Hmmm...might be worth it to check out the updates if they offer a free week for former subscribers. It's not a bad game, and the crafting is amazing. It just needed more polish before release and it would have been more successful.

I don't think some developers get it that a polished release on an MMO means life or death. A more polished release means longer subscriptions and better word of mouth which means more sales.

News Comments > Blizzard on Real ID

85. Re: Blizzard on Real ID Jul 8, 2010, 11:33 thecakeisalie

Makes me glad I quit WOW.

I absolutely abhor Facebook due to their laughable policies on "privacy" and will never use it. Blizzard can go eff themselves for trying to force me to use real world identification on the Internet to play a goddamn GAME due to their greed to milk more cash from Facebook integration.

Cancelled SC 2 and Diablo 3 pre-orders too. Never buying another CoD game again due to them giving the franchise consolitis and the Guitar Hero treatment, and screwing over IW.

Good job CEO Bobby Kotick all around. I sure hope you win a lot of people over like you did me, then maybe they can get someone at the helm that isn't a greedy beancounter that actually wants Activision to make games first and foremost again and not be a sorry joke.

News Comments > Activision on Developer Relations

3. Re: Activision on Developer Relations Jun 2, 2010, 12:27 thecakeisalie

nin wrote on Jun 2, 2010, 10:58:

Activision on Developer Relations: "We try to fuck them all in the ass equally!"

As always, lube is optional

News Comments > Sledgehammer's CoD FPS?

3. Re: Sledgehammer's CoD FPS? May 27, 2010, 13:02 thecakeisalie

Activision won't be happy until they have 3-4 Call of Duty "games" (e.g. code reworks of MW2 by 2nd rate studios) with 1-2 hour SP campaigns and the same old cookie-cutter MP released a year and 20 dollar map packs every other week for each of them.

News Comments > BlizzCon Ticket Sales Next Month

3. Re: BlizzCon Ticket Sales Next Month May 18, 2010, 15:39 thecakeisalie

The convention last year was overcrowded with terrible line-ups to do anything (e.g spend hours in line to get a few minutes at a computer to play one of their betas). Seating for the mini-conferences was inadequate and we had to skip some of them because we couldn't hear or even see the stage because it was so packed and the stages weren't raised enough.

Question and answer periods were highly disorganized and very amateurish with 4 people asking the same (dumb) question and no orderly way to get in line to ask the questions in the first place.

Some of the vendor booths had lame contests which created such huge line ups around said booths you couldn't actually buy their merchandise.

My girlfriend and I both gave them feedback at the comment booth and even the employees there acknowledged that it was seriously overcrowded.

If it wasn't for the other things to do in Anaheim and Los Angeles it would have been a wasted trip. We spent most of the conference sightseeing after giving up trying to do anything fun there.

TLDR version - BlizzCon 2009 was a complete and utter disappointment unless you are a die-hard nutjob hardcore Blizzard fanboy.

So what do they do this year? They jack the price another 25 bucks and probably are going to up the capacity another 5000 heads to try to bruise the teats on the cash cow even more. Sigh.

News Comments > BlizzCon 2010 Announced

10. Re: BlizzCon 2010 Announced Mar 25, 2010, 15:36 thecakeisalie

They oversold the venue last year which made it suck if you wanted to actually do anything there (too many people = no seats for a lot of panels and really long waits for anything).

Maybe they'll learn from it and actually sell a realistic number of tickets or make provisions for the size of the crowd this time around.

News Comments > Steam BFBC2 SecuROM Removal Nears

13. Re: Steam BFBC2 SecuROM Removal Nears Mar 17, 2010, 15:12 thecakeisalie

Verno wrote on Mar 17, 2010, 14:25:

They don't want people to get fed up and go back to MW2

They are doing it because they said they would do it pre-release, the community requested this several times. It has nothing to do with MW2, BC2 is ridiculously popular right now anyways, probably well beyond what they were expecting on all platforms - the PC especially.

True. But if they didn't do it promptly, some of the players that have been lured from MW2 might just give up and go back to the dark side. Some of my RL friends fit in this demographic. Personally, I can't stand MW2. MW1 was a better game, IMHO.

11. Re: Steam BFBC2 SecuROM Removal Nears Mar 17, 2010, 13:56 thecakeisalie

Dev wrote on Mar 17, 2010, 13:31:
I wonder why EA would do this. I mean its great when a company does this and to see it done quickly is even better.

But I have a feeling EA is doing it for other reasons.

They don't want people to get fed up and go back to MW2. It'll hurt the online experience if the population takes a nose-dive from being annoyed too much with the busted browser, bugs and wanked DRM.

5. Re: Steam BFBC2 SecuROM Removal Nears Mar 17, 2010, 13:07 thecakeisalie

Elessar wrote on Mar 17, 2010, 12:44:
Principally I like the change, but I'm curious how will this affect me in reality though? The game runs fine for me. Will this alleviate issues others may be having?

Less frustration for other gamers that are having issues with the game will increase the positive experience they have. It'll translate into more game time from them, and they'll pass good word-of-mouth to their friends to get them online. More happy players means a strong community, which will be good for you if you like the game.

News Comments > More Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Capacity Coming

38. Re: More Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Capacity Coming Mar 12, 2010, 16:17 thecakeisalie

Verno wrote on Mar 12, 2010, 13:56:
You continue to act like no one else has posted valid points that you refuse to comment on, I don't know why. It's all literally 5 posts down for anyone to see. Respond to them or admit you have no argument to make and are breaking wind.

I did comment on them, but they chose to make assumptions, decide for me what I was talking about and deliberately misinterpret my points. Kind of like what you've been doing.

Verno wrote on Mar 12, 2010, 13:56:
Or you can continue pretending you're being persecuted and misunderstood.

I was being trolled, which is basically people deliberately misunderstanding me and persecuting me for their own amusement. No need to pretend.

Right?

36. Re: More Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Capacity Coming Mar 12, 2010, 13:42 thecakeisalie

Verno wrote on Mar 12, 2010, 13:39:
Yes because saying you won something is the same as having won it Rolleyes

Sorry guys, time to wrap it up, CatchPhraseName says we're all trolls.

Getting in the "LAST WERD!!!" are we?

34. Re: More Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Capacity Coming Mar 12, 2010, 13:31 thecakeisalie

Verno wrote on Mar 12, 2010, 13:19:
Nope. I'm not. Actually you're right. It's all my fault. I should realize after all this time that bothering to post any kind of opinion on any topic on the Internet is just a complete waste of time, period. There are always people who pretend they are more clever than you are, and always have something they think is clever to say about it.

Which itself is a rather unintelligent way of saying that you have no response but want the last word. Next time just post last word, it's more honest at least. I can respect someone who just says "LAST WERD!!!" and gives up. They're trying in their own little way and I think everyone deserves credit for effort.

^^^ Point proven. You just trolled yourself.

32. Re: More Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Capacity Coming Mar 12, 2010, 13:13 thecakeisalie

MTechnik wrote on Mar 12, 2010, 12:35:

When you have three posts, and two of them are calling people trolls, you're not off to a good start.

Nope. I'm not. Actually you're right. It's all my fault. I should realize after all this time that bothering to post any kind of opinion on any topic on the Internet is just a complete waste of time, period. There are always people who pretend they are more clever than you are, and always have something they think is clever to say about it.

25. Re: More Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Capacity Coming Mar 12, 2010, 11:58 thecakeisalie

MTechnik wrote on Mar 12, 2010, 11:23:
thecakeisalie wrote on Mar 12, 2010, 10:50:
My point is, it's become like Rocket Arena. They nerfed Bunnyhopping in BF2, or are you just so eager to troll that you left your brain at the login prompt?

When you're posting about a lack of realism in a game that never had it, then start calling people trolls for pointing it out, you start to lose credibility.

Well, sir, people claim that the BF series is so much more realistic and superior to the CoD series and others of their ilk.

I merely pointed out that allowing people to bunny-hop all over with heavy weapons as big as they are is pretty darn silly. It was so silly in BF2 that it was finally nerfed. Even Counter-Strike Source pretty much took care of bunny-hopping.

However, complete lack of any semblance of realism is something people slam other games for when they compare them to the BF series. I then get trolled for pointing that out the issue and the hypocrisy.

Amazing.

You'll probably troll me for posting this too.

22. Re: More Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Capacity Coming Mar 12, 2010, 10:50 thecakeisalie

justice7 wrote on Mar 12, 2010, 10:12:

Yeah i'm not exactly sure I understand the "Battlefield is SO UNREALISTIC" argument.

This is a game (since its inception in BF1942) been about arcade vehicular/infantry mixed combat. Jump in a plane, fly upside down, jump out , pull a parachute, drop directly into a tank..

Anyone arguing realism with Battlefild obviously has no clue what they're talking about.

My point is, it's become like Rocket Arena. They nerfed Bunnyhopping in BF2, or are you just so eager to troll that you left your brain at the login prompt?

18. Re: More Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Capacity Coming Mar 12, 2010, 08:45 thecakeisalie

How about they fix the gameplay while they're at it? People bunnyhopping like Thumper on crack with ~30lb AT weapons in their hands while carrying another 20+lbs of kit is sooooo realistic. Sorry EA. Rocket Arena has been done already, and it was better than this POS.  

277 Comments. 14 pages. Viewing page 14.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ] Older >