Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter
User information for lthecakeisalie

Real Name lthecakeisalie   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname thecakeisalie
Email Concealed by request
Description Gaming since the 70s
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 12, 2010, 13:37
Total Comments 277 (Amateur)
User ID 55592

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ] Older >

News Comments > Star Citizen Social Module Released

40. Re: Star Citizen Social Module Released Aug 30, 2015, 23:56 thecakeisalie

Derek Smart is going to have a field day with this.... Flamethrower

Popcorn

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Call of Duty: Black Ops III Open Beta

10. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops III Open Beta Aug 30, 2015, 07:45 thecakeisalie

The actually do betas of these games? I thought they were so cookie-cutter and assembly-line-friendly (they were even busted reusing the same art assets from game to game) that they just churned them out without even needing to test them.  

News Comments > Heroes of the Storm Patched

3. Re: Heroes of the Storm Patched Aug 18, 2015, 17:28 thecakeisalie

Does anyone really play this? I don't know anyone who does.  

News Comments > Lord of the Rings Online Servers Closing

5. Re: Lord of the Rings Online Servers Closing Jul 28, 2015, 14:03 thecakeisalie

I see this as a positive because some of the servers were dying off as the population dwindled making group play difficult. Many people were rerolling on the higher population worlds. This consolidation will help people find groups/guilds easier. For the game itself, it's a cost-savings measure as well. I know that Turbine has been struggling of late so if this helps keep them from shutting down one of the better MMOs out there, I wish them the best with this move.  

News Comments > Trove Launches

1. Re: Trove Launches Jul 10, 2015, 11:37 thecakeisalie

TRION killed their reputation with the ArcheAge fiasco. The company will do ANYTHING to make a buck, even ripping off their own fanboys. That should tell you something.

http://bit.ly/1CuMI4R

This game is buyer-beware from a company that has a dubious record when it comes to integrity.

News Comments > Star Citizen Executive Producer Departs [Updated]

22. Re: Star Citizen Executive Producer Departs? Jul 6, 2015, 11:30 thecakeisalie

I'm sure the sales of $100-500 dollar pixel ships for a game increasingly looking like it will be stillborn will continue unabated as the die-hard fanbois keep the dream alive.

Edit: I am one of those former fanbois, unfortunately.

News Comments > Steamship Ahoy - Legends of Eisenwald

2. Re: Steamship Ahoy - Legends of Eisenwald Jul 3, 2015, 05:06 thecakeisalie

Cutter wrote on Jul 2, 2015, 18:09:
Any good? Seeing as half the reviews are negative I'm not holding my breath.

That's usually not a good sign. The game is likely "meh" at best.

News Comments > World of Warships Shipstorm

8. Re: World of Warships Shipstorm Jun 26, 2015, 12:41 thecakeisalie

Simon Says wrote on Jun 26, 2015, 12:28:
Meh big deal, Navyfield2 is way better on so many levels anyway.

It's always a big deal when a gaming company commits fraud. It just emboldens others to screw over their customers as well if they see another company getting away with it. It's bad for the industry and it's worse for us, the consumer.

5. Re: World of Warships Shipstorm Jun 26, 2015, 10:55 thecakeisalie

SpectralMeat wrote on Jun 26, 2015, 10:44:
Oh I really hope they will get into a lot of shit because of this. Just fucking incredible.

Many sites have picked up the story and are running with it. Wargaming is getting incredibly bad press over this mess. You'd think they'd want to just give people what they paid for, apologize and give a little extra, and then do damage control. Nope. They're giving people part of what they paid for acting like they are being generous and a half-assed apology. Un-fucking-believeable.

1. Re: World of Warships Shipstorm Jun 26, 2015, 10:20 thecakeisalie

They're still only offering people the ship which is only 1/2 of the value of the whole package people paid for, and acting like we should be grateful. And the only reason we're getting the ship at all is due to the unholy shipstorm (heh, good one Blue) people raised about the scam.

Basically, they altered a sales agreement after the fact and they are legally bound to give us what we paid for. This is the law in many countries. They don't get to negotiate.

It's unbelieveable the arrogance of this company, and the contempt they show for their own customers. They're doing a great job killing their new game before it even launches.

News Comments > Total War Free Weekend & Sale

5. Re: Total War Free Weekend & Sale Jun 26, 2015, 03:55 thecakeisalie

Wallshadows wrote on Jun 25, 2015, 21:29:
I heard Medieval has the best modded scene out of all the TW titles. I played it before but christ knows where my install discs are so might have to pick it up and try some of those Star Wars and Warhammer campaigns.

Try the Europa Barbarorum mod (http://www.europabarbarorum.com/) if you get the time. Great mod. I loved the original one for Rome: Total War.

News Comments > Battlefleet Gothic: Armada Trailer

5. Re: Battlefleet Gothic: Armada Trailer May 7, 2015, 20:15 thecakeisalie

It's a very fun turn-based miniature game in real life. I've got the boxed set and an Imperial Navy fleet for the odd time I can actually find someone to play.

However, I'm not sure how well this is going to translate into a RTS. The rule set is designed from the ground-up to be a very complicated and tactical TURN-BASED system. Giving Battlefleet: Gothic the Homeworld treatment could backfire spectacularly. I don't think making it into an RTS is going to satisfy the purists and if it's not done well enough, it will turn off casual gamers from ever gaining an interest in the real life game (which is probably Games Workshop's hope).

I agree the trailer is pretty underwhelming. It would have been nice if they'd shown a close up the Chaos fleet or maybe a Nova Cannon firing or something or some fighter and bomber wings launching from one of the ships.

News Comments > Kerbal Space Program Version 1.0 Launches

2. Re: Kerbal Space Program Version 1.0 Launches Apr 27, 2015, 19:43 thecakeisalie

My wife still thinks I'm lying when I said I managed to survive my first launch. I did. Don't ask me how, but my kerbals all walked away from it.  

News Comments > Call of Duty: Black Ops III Announcement

14. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops III Announcement Apr 27, 2015, 19:21 thecakeisalie

It's now listed for pre-order on Steam for $114.99 CDN. That's just for the digital deluxe version and does NOT include the "Season Pass" which is ANOTHER $49.99 CDN...

So, basically, $165 CDN for a COD that's looks like a ripoff of Deux Ex and Crysis because Activision is finally running out of ideas on how to keep the kiddies charging up their parent's credit cards. And, of course, it'll sell millions of copies because of paid off reviewers and stupid consumers. Bobby Kotick, despite being a soulless automaton, is a master at milking the foolish of their money for substandard products.

News Comments > World of Tanks Patched

1. Re: World of Tanks Patched Jun 20, 2012, 21:22 thecakeisalie

The issues that piss the community off the most:

-Zero damage penetrating hits
-Ghost shells (e.g. shooting and the shell disappears without hitting anything)
-Broken matchmaking (e.g. wildly unbalancing the teams and throwing low level tanks into battles where they are just cannon fodder)
-Badly unbalanced tanks (thanks to power creep)
-Wanked RNG (e.g. artillery shells landing outside of their marked target zone, etc)

All are still alive and well after this update. I do like the new battle modes and new tanks are always welcome, but the inability/unwillingness of Wargaming to fix the biggest problems with their game after promising to for many months now is getting a bit tiring.

News Comments > Quoteworthy - id's Tim Willits on Always-on Gaming

31. Re: Quoteworthy - id's Tim Willits on Always-on Gaming Aug 10, 2011, 12:09 thecakeisalie

Creston wrote on Aug 10, 2011, 11:51:
thecakeisalie wrote on Aug 10, 2011, 11:48:
Neither Activision via Diablo III nor you are forcing me to do shit, Tim, and if that attitude reflects the attitude of id towards your customers, then count me out of supporting your company.

*unticks RAGE from the to-buy list*

Note that he doesn't say that Rage will require you to be always online. He's saying that after Diablo 3, people will be more willing to accept future SP-always online games. I'm pretty sure he's really, really wrong about it, but okay.

I don't think Rage will need to be always on.

Creston

"If we could force people to always be connected when you play the game, and then have that be acceptable, awesome." - Tim Willits

THIS is why I'm not buying RAGE. He, and extremely likely his company whom he is a spokesperson for, thinks it's GOOD to have always-on FORCED on customers. No choice. Forced. This is what has people furious about the Diablo III fiasco, isn't it? And this guy is basically saying he'd love to force that on everyone if he could get away with it too.

So, always-online might not actually be in RAGE, but if there is no backlash against a corporation stating their complete support for Bobby Kotick's most asinine business moves, they'll all jump on the bandwagon and always-online (and other Activision crap that screws over their customers) will be in every game from anyone but indie publishers.

News Comments > Quoteworthy - id's Tim Willits on Always-on Gaming

23. Re: Quoteworthy - id's Tim Willits on Always-on Gaming Aug 10, 2011, 11:48 thecakeisalie

Neither Activision via Diablo III nor you are forcing me to do shit, Tim, and if that attitude reflects the attitude of id towards your customers, then count me out of supporting your company.

*unticks RAGE from the to-buy list*

News Comments > Call of Duty: Black Ops Free Weekend

9. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops Free Weekend Jun 2, 2011, 08:25 thecakeisalie

Even if this steaming pile is free, I'm not going to waste any of my life playing it. I got burned with MW2 and I'm done with this series.

Modern Warfare was the last Call of Duty worth playing.

News Comments > New Total War Game in The Works

6. Re: New Total War Game in The Works May 18, 2011, 14:12 thecakeisalie

I hope they remake Rome: Total War, personally. That is still an awesome game although I love the Europa Barbarorum (http://www.europabarbarorum.com/) mod more than the original.  

News Comments > RIFT Free Trial

16. Re: RIFT Free Trial May 11, 2011, 10:26 thecakeisalie

@Ant

Even with the lowest settings with the high video options, didn't work. I got corruptions all over. Lame. I will get a new video card when my 4870 goes bust. It's only 2.25 years old.

I had a 4870 and overheating playing certain games, like Empire: Total War, was a big problem for me depending on how much load it seemed to put on the card. ATI set the fan settings on automatic mode too low, and certain games, even with manual fan cranked to maximum, seemed to try to cook the card on me.

What kind of temps are you getting in RIFT when you try to run it? Curious.

PS - Have you ever used compressed air and dusted out the card? I had to do mine every few months or the dust buildup would start giving me temp problems.

277 Comments. 14 pages. Viewing page 13.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ] Older >