Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter
User information for lthecakeisalie

Real Name lthecakeisalie   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname thecakeisalie
Email Concealed by request
Description Gaming since the 70s
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 12, 2010, 13:37
Total Comments 277 (Amateur)
User ID 55592

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ] Older >

News Comments > Half-Life Writer Marc Laidlaw Leaves Valve [Updated]

14. Re: Half-Life Writer Marc Laidlaw Leaves Valve? Jan 8, 2016, 12:30 thecakeisalie

I was watching a video on Youtube that talked about HL3 and Valve and because Gabe Newell is rolling in dough from skimming off the top selling other people's content, why take the risk on trying to make HL3 and risking it flopping? They will just string us along counting their money from Steam until everyone that actually wanted HL3 dies off.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Heroes of the Storm Matchmaking Update

2. Re: Heroes of the Storm Matchmaking Update Jan 7, 2016, 20:48 thecakeisalie

People forming specialized groups to faceroll newbie pugs for easy wins in a MOBA? Who'd have thunk it? Apparently, not Blizzard.  

News Comments > New Star Citizen Alpha

17. Re: New Star Citizen Alpha Dec 26, 2015, 09:27 thecakeisalie

By the time this game sees release, I'll be so old that I'll likely have forgotten how to turn on my computer much less remember that I actually was dumb enough to back the Kickstarter.

This comment was edited on Dec 26, 2015, 11:01.

News Comments > Force Awakens DLC for Battlefront in Doubt

11. Re: Force Awakens DLC for Battlefront in Doubt Dec 25, 2015, 16:15 thecakeisalie

DangerDog wrote on Dec 25, 2015, 14:54:
As for the DLC for this game, DICE always has their main brain trust create the core game technology and then they move on to other projects (new Battlefield in the works) and hand off the DLC creation to a sub-group to churn out new maps using the existing modes in the game. Sometimes they get bold and add new modes but nothing too drastic and usually just carbon copies of modes from other games (kill confirmed, gun mode etc).

They'll tease people with screenshots of spaceships over the Death Star but it'll end up just being an alternate backdrop for the air squadron mode in the game.

Yeah, pretty much. The DLC "content" will be a few more blasters, maps and add nothing of substance. Then they'll probably add in a cash shop or something to try to milk a few more bucks. This game is easily the worst game that DICE has ever made. It's destroyed their reputation at least as far as I'm concerned. I've also told everyone I know to avoid this game and what a turd it is. None of them bought it after I described it and after they saw the horribad reviews.

No more pre-orders from EA ever again. I also won't be buying any game with DICE involved unless I see positive user reviews and them releasing a complete game from the start. Then again, with EA pulling their strings, I might see pigs fly first.

10. Re: Force Awakens DLC for Battlefront in Doubt Dec 25, 2015, 16:07 thecakeisalie

Dentorro wrote on Dec 25, 2015, 13:28:
More game out of the box, less in season passes, that way people might keep playing after a week orso. Also helps if the game is actually good.

Haven't played it yet, not sure I ever will, guess I should be happy I received COD BO3 for x-mass

Any Call of Duty is better than this game. Trust me. I got my pre-order through Greenmangaming so I couldn't return it or I would have.

2. Re: Force Awakens DLC for Battlefront in Doubt Dec 25, 2015, 12:20 thecakeisalie

The game is a turd. They know it. Even the reviewers they paid off know it and the user scores on most sites and even on Youtube are abysmal and many people said they refunded the game. The aimbots that worked in Battlefield 4 work in this game. I've seen them in action.

I can't see this game surviving. The player population seems to be dropping like a stone as they realize the game sucks. They'll probably complete their DLC package which will be a few maps and a couple things to grind for then wash their hands of it.

News Comments > Triad Wars Beta Closing

6. Re: Triad Wars Beta Closing Dec 24, 2015, 04:47 thecakeisalie

El Pit wrote on Dec 24, 2015, 04:09:
But... but... multiplayer games are the future, offline singleplayer is DEAD!!!!

Next try: Sleeping Dogs MOBA

Then: Sleeping Dogs - The Zombie Survival Game

Everyone tried to catch lightning in a bottle by emulating World of Warcraft. A bunch of MMOs have had some success but many more have failed utterly and shut down. Now the fad is multiplayer survival or arena games or MOBAs and everyone is jumping on that, trying to be the next DOTA2, LoL or ARK: Survival Evolved.

Steam is starting to fill up with games that are effectively abandoned games that were trying to cash in on these fads (War of the Roses and Starforge for example) but failed due to being developed by shady studios looking for a cash grab, poor execution or being just ill-conceived ideas.

Then there's the value proposition: a multiplayer-only game with no players has no value for the consumer. Look at Evolve or Titanfall. Very few players and the number is steadily falling. Soon, they will be dead and anyone who bought them will be stuck with a useless piece of software. If those games had a single-player component, at least those people would have something playable even if the multiplayer dies off completely.

News Comments > Triad Wars Beta Closing

3. Re: Triad Wars Beta Closing Dec 23, 2015, 23:24 thecakeisalie

Eirikrautha wrote on Dec 23, 2015, 22:45:
I'm confused. Is the beta ending, or are they canning the whole game?

The beta is a flop and failed to meet expectations so it sounds like they're just shutting it down and canning all future development on the title.

News Comments > Call of Duty: Black Ops III Free MP Weekend

6. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops III Free MP Weekend Dec 19, 2015, 03:46 thecakeisalie

MattyC wrote on Dec 19, 2015, 02:14:
thecakeisalie wrote on Dec 19, 2015, 01:39:
Once you've played one Call of Duty, you have played them all.

There is a more than reasonable difference between some CoDs. That said, from everything I have seen this isn't worth the trial. I think CoD: WaW was the last one I really enjoyed, and even it wasn't amazing.

That said, a free trial wouldn't hurt if you are interested.

Considering how desperate Activision is to flog this one and the abysmal user reviews maybe Bobby Kotick has finally ruined yet another franchise.

News Comments > Call of Duty: Black Ops III Free MP Weekend

4. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops III Free MP Weekend Dec 19, 2015, 01:39 thecakeisalie

Not worth the time to download, even for free. Once you've played one Call of Duty, you have played them all. Of course, the free trial will come complete with foul-mouthed tweens, spawn campers, glitchers and shitty matchmaking.  

News Comments > New Conan Game Planned

30. Re: New Conan Game Planned Dec 18, 2015, 17:20 thecakeisalie

Funcom is in a bit of financial trouble. Hopefully this game will be good and help them out. They are a decent company and a good studio. They deserve a nice shot in the arm and a successful title will do the trick.  

News Comments > Wargaming Hires

1. Re: Wargaming Hires Dec 18, 2015, 02:55 thecakeisalie

I'm sorry, I lost it laughing my ass off at "Wargaming’s commitment to community relations". At least as far as Wargaming North America is concerned, they can't even be bothered to post patch notes half the time. We have to have someone translate them from the Russian forums and post them for us. This company only truly cares about it's Russian player base. They treat their North American customers with borderline contempt, at best.  

News Comments > Star Citizen Procedurally Generated Planets

51. Re: Star Citizen Procedurally Generated Planets Dec 17, 2015, 16:59 thecakeisalie

Razumen wrote on Dec 17, 2015, 16:57:
thecakeisalie wrote on Dec 17, 2015, 16:35:
I'm pretty much resigned to the fact that I'll either die of old age or this project will run out of cash before we see anything resembling a finished product as pitched by Christ Roberts. While pretty, this video was another tech demo in a nearly endless stream of tech demos from CIG.

The Alpha 2.0 "Persistent Universe" is a buggy mess that I gave up trying to play (crashes constantly). I get chuckles when people try to stream it on Twitch because if they can keep it stable for longer than 15 minutes it's a miracle.

No shit, it's an alpha, do you even have a basic grasp of how game development world?

Maybe you should lay off on the Hateorade bro.

News Comments > Star Citizen Procedurally Generated Planets

47. Re: Star Citizen Procedurally Generated Planets Dec 17, 2015, 16:35 thecakeisalie

I'm pretty much resigned to the fact that I'll either die of old age or this project will run out of cash before we see anything resembling a finished product as pitched by Christ Roberts. While pretty, this video was another tech demo in a nearly endless stream of tech demos from CIG.

The Alpha 2.0 "Persistent Universe" is a buggy mess that I gave up trying to play (crashes constantly). I get chuckles when people try to stream it on Twitch because if they can keep it stable for longer than 15 minutes it's a miracle.

News Comments > Star Citizen Nears $100M

20. Re: Star Citizen Nears $100M Dec 12, 2015, 18:29 thecakeisalie

harlock wrote on Dec 12, 2015, 16:08:
ForgedReality wrote on Dec 12, 2015, 15:52:
thecakeisalie wrote on Dec 12, 2015, 15:47:
DangerDog wrote on Dec 12, 2015, 15:16:
We should all thank Derek Smart for providing the motivational force behind getting Cloud Imperium Games to get off their lazy asses and release this update to the CryEngine tech demo known as Star Citizen.

I'm sure that the backlash created by the dirt that was leaking from CIG and which was highlighted by Derek Smart had some part to play in them rushing this out. 5 years. 100m in funding and we still only have a pre-alpha, buggy mess and still not even a beta of Squadron 42.

Notice how after all that shit and the childish blustering and legal threats from Roberts, he finally wisened up and shut his fucking mouth, and now suddenly there's all these updates and progress reports and shit? They're still bleeding out, of course, but it's at least entertaining to watch...

everybody notices this except the fanboys, who use it as an opportunity to bleat "WE TOLD YOU SO! HAHA! ITS SO AWESOME!" like the blind little sheep they are

No kidding. I complained about CIG's marketing rigging a community poll for best development studio of year on another gaming news site (seriously, Square Enix was ahead by a mile then CIG's marketing announced the poll on reddit and suddenly CIG had almost 700 more votes) and got attacked by the cultists. To call them immature and rude would be a gross understatement. I don't envy Derek for having to put up with the constant barrage of hate these rabid idiots have hurled at him since he started pointing out that CIG might not be on the up and up.

News Comments > Star Citizen Nears $100M

13. Re: Star Citizen Nears $100M Dec 12, 2015, 15:47 thecakeisalie

DangerDog wrote on Dec 12, 2015, 15:16:
We should all thank Derek Smart for providing the motivational force behind getting Cloud Imperium Games to get off their lazy asses and release this update to the CryEngine tech demo known as Star Citizen.

I'm sure that the backlash created by the dirt that was leaking from CIG and which was highlighted by Derek Smart had some part to play in them rushing this out. 5 years. 100m in funding and we still only have a pre-alpha, buggy mess and still not even a beta of Squadron 42.

News Comments > EA's Competitive Gaming Division

16. Re: EA's Competitive Gaming Division Dec 11, 2015, 06:52 thecakeisalie

born2expire wrote on Dec 10, 2015, 20:10:
EA and esports, lol thats a good one.

Still waiting for the BF Hardline premium "super" feature of ladders and competitive play

Considering that BF Hardline barely has 2000 active players, I doubt you'll see any real development on it anymore. They tried to cash in on the Grand Theft Auto meal ticket and failed spectacularly.

Remember what they did to Medal of Honor (the reboot), once it tanked? History repeats itself.

News Comments > Tribes: Ascend Patches Out P2W

7. Re: Tribes: Ascend Patches Out P2W Dec 11, 2015, 06:36 thecakeisalie

Quinn wrote on Dec 11, 2015, 06:04:
Had some great time with Tribes: Ascend. It was hardcore. If you have skill, you annihilate. Unlike CoD and its clones. I'm somehow an avarage COD player, yet rocked the charts in Tribes: Ascend. So much more opportunities to excell in, I guess.

Same here. Then again, I'm an old school Tribes/Tribes II veteran and most of the Call of Doody kiddies can't think in 3 dimensions or get the hang of the jet packs and skiing. Also Tribes: Ascend has a lot of weapons that aren't hitscan and require real skill to use, like the Spinfusor.

News Comments > Devilian Released

5. Re: Devilian Released Dec 11, 2015, 06:22 thecakeisalie

Ozmodan wrote on Dec 11, 2015, 06:07:
A very shallow game. It tanked in Korea, so they thought it might make some money over here. Personally, I think Trion wasted their time. Certainly is NOT worth spending a dime on.

The publisher of the game dumped it. The game was so pay-to-win that even Koreans couldn't stomach it, and they are well accustomed to pay-to-win games. Ergo, it failed. TRION Worlds picked up the publishing rights in NA dirt cheap and are using it as another cash grab using cartoony boobs and skimpily clad female characters to lure in teenagers.

News Comments > Devilian Released

3. Re: Devilian Released Dec 11, 2015, 06:05 thecakeisalie

This game is nothing more than a pay-to-win Diablo-clone that lost it's publisher in it's native county, brought here as another cheap Korean import and cash grab by TRION Worlds. The very same sleaze bags who brought you ArcheAge, another cheap Korean pay-to-win import which had literally every possible hack you can think of already made to the client by Russian hackers. This is because the developer didn't build security checks into the client and relied on the Korean laws that discourage people from cheating in online games instead of real security. TRION Worlds knew the game was completely compromised and that there were duping bugs, bots, etc and published it anyways despite all warnings and pleas from beta testers.

To make things even better, they also literally ripped off everyone who bought the original pre-order top end Archeum Founder's Pack for ArcheAge. Rather than give people what they paid for, they tried to string people along until the chargeback windows on most credit cards expired before finally just giving the middle finger to their customers. They then proceeded to run ArcheAge into the ground while milking the whales so hard that their teats were bleeding. The game recently went through server merges and a lot of people lost everything they worked for (land ownership is huge in that game). The game has not and will likely never recover. TRION Worlds continues to try their hardest to milk it but it's probably not going to be around much longer. Then again, I don't think TRION Worlds planned on ArcheAge being around long anyways.

So I'll just say no thanks. I learned my lesson. I will NEVER touch another game from TRION Worlds again. Getting ripped off once is enough.

This comment was edited on Dec 11, 2015, 06:16.

277 Comments. 14 pages. Viewing page 11.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ] Older >