Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter
User information for lthecakeisalie

Real Name lthecakeisalie   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname thecakeisalie
Email Concealed by request
Description Gaming since the 70s
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 12, 2010, 13:37
Total Comments 277 (Amateur)
User ID 55592

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ] Older >

News Comments > Destiny 2 Open Beta

33. Re: Destiny 2 Open Beta Aug 29, 2017, 20:51 thecakeisalie

I've played Destiny, Destiny 1.5..errr 2 and Warframe and Warframe is superior to both version of Destiny. Plus it's free*.

* - It's recommended that you buy a little platinum to open up slots and stuff for more weapons and Warframes but the cash investment to get rolling in Warframe is a lot less than getting into Destiny 2 (considering extremely pricey DLCs and expansions that will gimp you if you don't get them are a certainty as per the original Destiny).

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Star Citizen Gamescom Presentation

44. Re: Star Citizen Gamescom Presentation Aug 27, 2017, 16:58 thecakeisalie

I asked for a refund. I've finally had enough. To you people still holding out hope that this project will ever resemble anything remotely promised by Chris Roberts, good luck.  

News Comments > Destiny 2 Beta Preloads Today

10. Re: Destiny 2 Beta Preloads Today Aug 25, 2017, 16:45 thecakeisalie

Warframe does it better and it's free. You could buy enough in-game currency to get pretty much anything you want for the same price of Destiny 2 and all the inevitably overpriced DLCs (if they follow the same pattern as Destiny).  

News Comments > For Honor Season 3 Today

4. Re: For Honor Season 3 Today Aug 15, 2017, 16:38 thecakeisalie

The pure irony of the "pros" in the For Honor tournament using completely dishonorable exploits to win and Ubi$oft giving them the prizes anyways. They should have been disqualified. Ubi$oft are their own worst enemy.  

News Comments > Call of Duty: WWII Trailer

12. Re: Call of Duty: WWII Trailer Aug 15, 2017, 16:35 thecakeisalie

Beamer wrote on Aug 15, 2017, 15:05:
thecakeisalie wrote on Aug 14, 2017, 22:55:
I hope you're ready for the immersion-breaking loot crates, pay-to-win guns and "whacky" costumes (this is a direct quote from the developer when asked about cosmetics). Anyone who buys this franchise deserves whatever bullshit Activision throws at them in the form of gambling boxes. People forget that Infinite Warfare was released unfinished and they were cranking out loot boxes and gun variants and cosmetics en masse before getting the game actually finished.

If immersion is important to you in CoD multiplayer, I mean... for godssake, you take a dozen bullets, you get reincarnated every few seconds, you can call in air support because you killed someone 5 times in a row, etc.

I'm convinced "immersion" is a term used solely for "I DON'T LIKE CHANGE!" Seeing a female soldier or a "whacky" [sic] costume won't make you less likely to notice you're either sitting on a couch or an office chair in your climate controlled home and not running around the mud of the western front.

Wow. Ok. For one, I never buy COD anymore. It's been garbage for years. However, when I play games that are based on history I expect them to be at least reasonably based on history. For example, if I play a WW2-based game, I expect to see period uniforms, vehicles, weapons, etc.

If you're cool with seeing people running around as black Nazi females with leather halter tops using hot pink guns, fill your boots. You're exactly the kind of sucker that Activision is banking on.

News Comments > Call of Duty: WWII Trailer

5. Re: Call of Duty: WWII Trailer Aug 14, 2017, 22:55 thecakeisalie

I hope you're ready for the immersion-breaking loot crates, pay-to-win guns and "whacky" costumes (this is a direct quote from the developer when asked about cosmetics). Anyone who buys this franchise deserves whatever bullshit Activision throws at them in the form of gambling boxes. People forget that Infinite Warfare was released unfinished and they were cranking out loot boxes and gun variants and cosmetics en masse before getting the game actually finished.  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits

5. Re: Morning Tech Bits Aug 14, 2017, 19:23 thecakeisalie

Nothing is "free". Windows 10 spies on you and collects information, whether you try to disable it or not, and reports it back to Microsoft. The next Windows probably won't even come with a license and it'll be rented to you as a "service" and some of it will run on the cloud and even more information will be logged and sent to Microsoft (and undoubtedly government spy agencies).

I'll stick to Windows 7 for as long as I'm able to on my gaming rig. I value what little privacy I have left for as long as I'm able to keep it.

News Comments > Middle-earth: Shadow of War Video

2. Re: Middle-earth: Shadow of War Video Aug 12, 2017, 21:38 thecakeisalie

Pay-to-win microtransactions have no place in a full-price game which will also undoubtedly have DLC and a season pass. It's an absolute no-buy for me.  

News Comments > For Honor For Free For the Weekend

5. Re: For Honor For Free For the Weekend Aug 8, 2017, 06:55 thecakeisalie

Does this game still require you to grind for 1.5 years or pay almost 1000 USD in microtransactions to get all the unlocks? LOL.

Anyways, I played the beta and wasn't impressed. It's unbalanced, matchmaking was shit and the peer-to-peer made it even worse. Seeing as they've lost almost their entire active player base since launch, I doubt that much has changed for the better since.

News Comments > Conan Exiles The Frozen North Expansion Details

9. Re: Conan Exiles The Frozen North Expansion Details Aug 3, 2017, 17:00 thecakeisalie

Until they fix the problems of exploits and figure out some way to block the Chinese from official servers the game isn't worth bothering with unless you manage to find a decent private server but that's getting harder to do as people are just losing all interest in this game. The population is down to ~2.8% of peak player numbers and it just keeps dropping.

Even if they add a new map, there really isn't a lot to do except grind materials to build stuff. Balance isn't there. NPC AI is garbage. PVP isn't that good and the game is poorly optimized. The only thing it has going for it is the Conan schtick but that gets old all too quickly.

News Comments > For Honor Revamp Includes Dedicated Servers

1. Re: For Honor Revamp Includes Dedicated Servers Jul 27, 2017, 17:39 thecakeisalie

This stuff should have been in the game at launch. Ubisoft was soooo confident that this game was going to be bigly huge and be the next big eSport sensation. I guess after losing almost their entire playerbase, Ubisoft finally realizes they were dead wrong and they just got too greedy and were too cheap (e.g. no dedicated servers). The ONLY reason they are trying to do CPR on this game is to try to sucker people back in to push microtransactions.  

News Comments > JackHammer Announced

6. Re: JackHammer Announced Jul 18, 2017, 16:58 thecakeisalie

After Of Kings and Men and The Black Death, I'm not in any mood to risk my cash on another game backed by Green Man Gaming.

I know EA titles are a risk but what pisses me off is that Of Kings and Men still has deceptive advertising on their Steam page which GMG has refused to remove despite knowing it's false for at least 7-8 months now. They are selling this game to people on promises that have since turned out to be as much BS as the promises Sean Murray made with No Man's Sky.

In fact, this game is such a dumpster fire that it has lost 98% of peak player base (it now peaks at most 50 players a day only whenever there is a community event, 25-30 other days) and the original dev team have all since been canned.

News Comments > WARFRAME Boasts 30M Users; Adding Content and Graphics Update

3. Re: WARFRAME Boasts 30M Users; Adding Content and Graphics Update Jun 28, 2017, 10:42 thecakeisalie

This game is like what Destiny could have been. It also has a really fair free-to-play model compared to most freemium games out there. I rarely run across anyone who has anything really negative to say about Warframe and that speaks volumes.  

News Comments > Star Citizen Bank Loan Follow-up

81. Re: Star Citizen Bank Loan Follow-up Jun 27, 2017, 12:34 thecakeisalie

I've accepted the fact that I got scammed of my Kickstarter money I inadvertently pledged for this epic real life game about raising money to build the bestest space sim of all time for as long as possible until the money dries up or until lawsuits are filed and the gig is up.  

News Comments > Conan Exiles Free Expansion in August

10. Re: Conan Exiles Free Expansion in August Jun 15, 2017, 07:12 thecakeisalie

If you decide to try this game, you might want to play on an unofficial server. Official PVP servers are overrun by mostly Chinese exploiters. Population is down to ~2500 players from over 50k at launch mostly due to lack of content, bugs and the exploiting/cheating.  

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront II May Feature Microtransactions

12. Re: Star Wars Battlefront II May Feature Microtransactions Jun 12, 2017, 00:22 thecakeisalie

Slick wrote on Jun 12, 2017, 00:03:
WTF are you guys talking about, Pay-to-Win? They said specifically it's cosmetic items.

And Greed? Did you miss the part of the announcement where they said that all maps, guns, heroes etc. released post-launch are FREE FOR EVERYONE? They're giving the season pass away for free, and that indicates greed. K.

I swear to god, some of you guys just see what you want to see and have no place commenting on objective reality.

You are the one with no grounding in reality if you actually believe what they say at face value. EA/Actiblizz/Ubisoft don't exactly have the best track records when it comes to microtransactions and being honest with their customers.

News Comments > Anthem Revealed

6. Re: Anthem Revealed Jun 11, 2017, 21:14 thecakeisalie

jacobvandy wrote on Jun 11, 2017, 16:23:
It could be an Evolve clone, for all we know so far.

Nevermind, it's Destiny, lol.

That's exactly what I thought. A slightly nicer looking version of Destiny. No doubt loaded with shitloads of microtransactions and DLC.

Bleh.

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront II May Feature Microtransactions

7. Re: Star Wars Battlefront II May Feature Microtransactions Jun 11, 2017, 20:39 thecakeisalie

Anyone pre-ordering this game deserves whatever pay-to-win bullshit EA cooks up. Seriously people, stop supporting microtransactions in full price games already.  

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront II Trailer Leak

37. Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Trailer Leak Jun 11, 2017, 11:17 thecakeisalie

jdreyer wrote on Jun 11, 2017, 00:36:
thecakeisalie wrote on Jun 11, 2017, 00:16:

And to throw salt in the wound, it even sold with a pay-to-win gun (Han's blaster - which was totally OP at launch) if you bought the "Deluxe" version. Yeah, you could unlock it without money but only if you hit max level. In the meantime you'd get easily gunned down by the people who had one from the get go.

Lando Cakeisalie: Pay to win wasn't part of the deal! You said those buying the standard edition wouldn't be disadvantaged!

Dice Vader: I am altering the deal. Pray I don't alter it any further.

Ok, I chuckled over this one. Heh.

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront II Trailer Leak

27. Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Trailer Leak Jun 11, 2017, 00:16 thecakeisalie

Prez wrote on Jun 10, 2017, 23:33:
Maybe I'm a kid at heart but at 47 I still love Star Wars. But there is ZERO chance of me buying Battlefront 2 early or at launch and frankly not much chance of me ever buying it given the bullshit EA and DICE pulled with the 2015 Battlefront. An empty, soulless game lacking content with the added insult of season pass crap that almost doubled the price of the game, adding the stuff that actually made it worth the $60 it was originally sold at. Fuck EA for destroying everything it touches.

And to throw salt in the wound, it even sold with a pay-to-win gun (Han's blaster - which was totally OP at launch) if you bought the "Deluxe" version. Yeah, you could unlock it without money but only if you hit max level. In the meantime you'd get easily gunned down by the people who had one from the get go.

277 Comments. 14 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ] Older >