Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter
User information for lthecakeisalie

Real Name lthecakeisalie   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname thecakeisalie
Email Concealed by request
Description Gaming since the 70s
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 12, 2010, 13:37
Total Comments 277 (Amateur)
User ID 55592

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ] Older >

News Comments > Overwatch Open Beta Opens

11. Re: Overwatch Open Beta Opens May 5, 2016, 12:50 thecakeisalie

Balance is still whacked. Too twitchy. Too low time-to-kill. Too many one-hit-kill moves. If you're over 30, you will struggle. This is like TF2 on 'roids. It rewards twitch vs teamplay because an ADHD twitch monkey using a McCree or Soldier:76 or similar high DPS character can carry a bad team (seen this many times since Closed Beta). The pacing and time-to-kill need to be tweaked down and teamplay made more important.

The game also likes to put premades up against PUG teams and the PUG teams get destroyed. Surprise. You'd think they'd have a better matchmaker after messing up so badly with Heroes of the Storm. Nope.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront Free Trial

20. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Free Trial May 4, 2016, 21:13 thecakeisalie

Pretty graphics, cool sound. Terrible gameplay, lots of hacks/aimbots available if you have it on the PC. Terrible decision by EA to put the most OP gun in the game into the "Digital Deluxe" edition. It's been nerfed now but that's not the point. People who paid extra at launch had an "I win" gun to start with that everyone else had to grind for. Almost no one plays anymore either. I saw a stat that compared the number of active players vs the number of copies EA claims to have sold and less than half a percent of people who bought a copy were playing.  

News Comments > Overwatch Open Beta Early Access

19. Re: Overwatch Open Beta Early Access May 4, 2016, 05:57 thecakeisalie

SpectralMeat wrote on May 4, 2016, 05:26:
Sepharo wrote on May 4, 2016, 04:24:
But one player can fuck your team pretty effectively.
That's kind of what I was afraid of.
Unless you play with friends/people you know, good luck being effective or having fun in this game.

You will get absolutely demolished by pre-mades or the stupidity of your PUG teammates.

13. Re: Overwatch Open Beta Early Access May 4, 2016, 02:41 thecakeisalie

nimski wrote on May 3, 2016, 13:01:
thecakeisalie wrote on May 3, 2016, 11:31:
I was hoping they'd tone the pacing down just a little but they seem determined to aim for the twitch/e-sport crowd and screw anyone too old for that stuff (i.e. 30+). As for the character balance, it's not there yet. I'm hoping they still tweak things a bit more before launch.

I'm 40+ and don't find it that bad. I just need to manage my engagement better, play the corners, etc.. There is also Winston and others with streaming weapons that don't require aiming well if you're having an issue with that.

True but you will get absolutely wrecked by kids playing Genji, Reaper or the like or snipers. I've hate Genji with a passion. Seeing the replays of my deaths to him, it's amazing the ease they dispatched me yet I can't keep up with him most of the time. Their biggest problem though seems to be completely unbalanced matchmaking. Putting all the best players on one team and it turning into a roflstomp. It happens a little too much. Hopefully, they can take skill more into account when it comes to matchmaking.

This comment was edited on May 4, 2016, 03:05.

2. Re: Overwatch Open Beta Early Access May 3, 2016, 11:31 thecakeisalie

There are still some balance issues. Tracer is not as OP as she used to be, but still very annoying to play against. Bastion is still broken and incredibly OP in the hands of someone who knows how to (ab)use him. I am getting really, really tired of watching "Play of the Game" clips at the end of matches that nearly always involve a Bastion if there was someone playing him in the game.

I was hoping they'd tone the pacing down just a little but they seem determined to aim for the twitch/e-sport crowd and screw anyone too old for that stuff (i.e. 30+). As for the character balance, it's not there yet. I'm hoping they still tweak things a bit more before launch.

News Comments > Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare Announced; CoD4 Remaster Confirmed

41. Re: Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare Announced; CoD4 Remaster Confirmed May 2, 2016, 18:37 thecakeisalie

Agent.X7 wrote on May 2, 2016, 13:54:
Bets on them nerfing the best stuff in Modern Warfare? (Dedicated servers, server browser, 32 people in a map)

It is Infinity Ward, the guys who made the steaming pile that is MW2, which was basically a copy-paste job from the Xbox360 and has P2P matchmaking. Nothing would surprise me.

News Comments > Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare Announced; CoD4 Remaster Confirmed

40. Re: Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare Announced; CoD4 Remaster Confirmed May 2, 2016, 18:30 thecakeisalie

I wonder how many kids have already grabbed their parent's credit cards, or how many basement dwellers have already used up part of their rent money to pre-order Space Marine: Call of Doody, Steaming Pile Edition.

Anything Bobby Kotick touches is poison. The guy HATES gamers and sees us all as fools (and he's right about way too many of us).

News Comments > Ubisoft vs The Division Cheaters

17. Re: Ubisoft vs The Division Cheaters Apr 30, 2016, 07:51 thecakeisalie

Creston wrote on Apr 29, 2016, 21:03:
We have great plans for the future of The Division, and for these to succeed we must make sure to provide a smooth high-quality experience.

And the way you made sure of that was to program a game where the client data was trusted? Yeah, that seems legit.

I'm going to say that you had great plans for your wallets, and for those plans to succeed, you programmed the Division as cheaply as you possibly could.

Suits lining their pockets with fat bonus checks at the expense of quality and telling their programmers to STFU or find another job when they probably told them that a trusted-client model on the PC was insane. Sounds exactly right to me.

News Comments > EVE Online Citadel Launch

7. Re: EVE Online Citadel Launch Apr 28, 2016, 16:01 thecakeisalie

Umbral wrote on Apr 28, 2016, 12:57:
This game is best suited to sociopaths with lots of free time. If you like fucking with other players and taking/destroying their stuff, this game may be for you! Conversely, if you like a game that is every bit as tedious as a real-life job; with the constant possibility of losing a big chunk of everything you've accomplished, again, you may have found a new home (albeit a horribly dysfunctional one). Unfortunately, the way skill progression works, you will be at a sizable disadvantage for months or even years.

Unless you fork over tons of cash for Skill Boosters and even then, you'll still be unable to ever escape the scammers, sociopaths, sadists or people with narcissistic personality disorder who CCP cater to. The developer seriously despises their player base who don't grief or engage in sociopathic behavior and don't bother to hide it.

I know some people who play this game and seriously take pleasure in destroying people's in-game stuff and griefing to the max. They really get off on it. And these are adults, some of them with kids and professional jobs. Kinda scary.

This comment was edited on Apr 28, 2016, 16:08.

News Comments > Five Million Stronghold Kingdoms Players

3. Re: Five Million Stronghold Kingdoms Players Apr 15, 2016, 07:18 thecakeisalie

Jagacademy wrote on Apr 14, 2016, 14:28:
"Registered" doesn't mean "players" in any way, shape, or form, whatsoever.

Considering many Russians will multi-account (against the rules but that's never stopped Russians before) to gain an advantage, I'm not surprised the number of registered players in inflated.

The game is stagnant, boring, and very much pay-to-win. Of that 5 million figure, maybe a few thousand play.

News Comments > Total War: WARHAMMER Trailers

6. Re: Total War: WARHAMMER Trailers Apr 6, 2016, 12:41 thecakeisalie

Are they still extorting people to pre-order by withholding an entire core faction if they don't?  

News Comments > ARK: Survival Evolved Updates

7. Re: ARK: Survival Evolved Updates Mar 28, 2016, 16:55 thecakeisalie

RedEye9 wrote on Mar 28, 2016, 13:27:
Gonna have to agree with TheCakeIsaLie on this one.
When 1/3 or your player base does not recommend the game, something is wrong.

People are getting fed up with the delays and lies. Instead of getting stuff that was advertised, we get handcuffs which make it possible to imprison someone forever on a PVP server (i.e. put them in an air-conditioned area in a cage, load them up with rocks, knock them out and force feed them berries and that person can never play on the server again), which no one asked for. ARK: Deliverance Evolved.

Even EVE Online, which proudly caters to the griefing crowd, has never thought up anything as sick and fucked up as that.

6. Re: ARK: Survival Evolved Updates Mar 28, 2016, 16:49 thecakeisalie

Cutter wrote on Mar 28, 2016, 13:56:
Agreed. I really regret purchasing it now. These clowns just keep dicking around with all this bullshit and don't even make attempts at optimization passes. They lack focus and discipline. Just finish the fucking base game already then do whatever the hell you want afterward. It's not rocket surgery.

Yeah. That's my issue with it all. If they want to blow the cash that we gave them on Early Access to make the original game on developing an esport-focused bastard child AFTER they finish the original game, or at least MOSTLY finish the original game, I'd be a lot less upset. I hate bait-and-switch bullshit.

This comment was edited on Mar 28, 2016, 16:57.

2. Re: ARK: Survival Evolved Updates Mar 28, 2016, 12:32 thecakeisalie

HorrorScope wrote on Mar 28, 2016, 11:07:
Love how they run events in Early Access to.

So when it is released there will be a million expert players to compete against your green ass or a ghost town for those jumping into the game at final release as the majority have left eons ago after several hundred hours of game play. There's a way to do these things and a way not to.

Nah, this game will never get finished. There is stuff they've been promising since release as being core elements of gameplay that still aren't in the game. Given the snail's pace that development has crawled to, they'll never meet their initial release date.

Once they spun off the FTP esports-oriented bastard child of the original game, I could see the writing on the wall. Just like King of the Kill was Daybreak's "Plan B" because H1Z1 sucks and they can't fix it, the esports spinoff of ARK is Studio Wildcard's "Plan B" for when it all hits the fan. They are putting a lot of their resources into it because development of ARK slowed almost to a halt for the month prior and pretty much since except for the pretty new caves.

There are game busting bugs in the original game they can't seem to fix that are probably a result of them using the Unreal Engine 4. The game runs like a dog even on many high-end machines and doesn't support multi-GPU setups. The list of missing and promised features doesn't seem to be shrinking and they keep throwing other shinies at us to distract us from that fact.

Official servers aren't policed and are ruled by griefers and trolls. They can't even be consistent with enforcing their own policies. One moderator will tell you someone being a racist troll isn't against the TOS while another will. People have begged them for weeks and put in multiple tickets for obvious TOS violations and been ignored. Official servers are a cesspit.

This game is H1Z1 all over again.

This comment was edited on Mar 28, 2016, 12:38.

News Comments > Steam Top 10

11. Re: Steam Top 10 Mar 27, 2016, 16:57 thecakeisalie

Tachikoma wrote on Mar 27, 2016, 15:00:
thecakeisalie wrote on Mar 27, 2016, 13:10:
Sad to see a mediocre game (The Division) that is NOTHING like what was demo'd at E3 smashing sales records. It is all flash and no substance.

Generally agree, but was that demo any different really, apart form the gfx downgrade? It always looked to me like an average cover based MMOTPS.

The gameplay demo'd in E3 was a lot better than anything in the game right now and not just the graphics. They also prevented reviews of the game from coming out before the game was released. Apologists during the beta said that "don't worry all the cool stuff we were promised will be here for release". It wasn't. It felt to me, having pre-ordered it, like a bait-and-switch. Angry Joe's review of the game on Youtube was spot on for me and I don't always agree with him.

News Comments > Steam Top 10

5. Re: Steam Top 10 Mar 27, 2016, 13:10 thecakeisalie

Sad to see a mediocre game (The Division) that is NOTHING like what was demo'd at E3 smashing sales records. It is all flash and no substance. It just shows for much like sheep gamers have become. We reward false promises and soulless creations from big studios and fail to support honest developers.  

News Comments > Total War Battles: KINGDOM Launches

4. Re: Total War Battles: KINGDOM Launches Mar 25, 2016, 12:39 thecakeisalie

Another pay-to-win "kingdom" game birthed on mobile and ported to PC. These aren't really games, they are cleverly disguised wallet-vacuums.  

News Comments > Evening Patches

6. Re: Evening Patches Mar 24, 2016, 10:24 thecakeisalie

Matchmaker sucks, as it does in all Wargaming products, balance is arbitrary, the high-tier economy is FUBARed and they refuse to properly unify their accounts like they did with World of Tanks and World of Warplanes. Also, the anime tie-ins for the weeaboo crowd. Ugh.

Anyways, I expect that the Russian existed-almost-entirely-on-paper cruiser line will feature Stalinwood decks, tactical nuke shells and Leninsteel armor.

News Comments > Battleborn Open Beta Next Month; Online Only Requirement Revealed

16. Re: Battleborn Open Beta Next Month; Online Only Requirement Revealed Mar 23, 2016, 17:49 thecakeisalie

Yet another game that slurps bandwidth when it doesn't need to as a form of DRM. At least man up and admit the online only component is DRM instead of feeding us a line of bullshit.  

News Comments > Nova Covert Ops Details

1. Re: Nova Covert Ops Details Mar 17, 2016, 04:54 thecakeisalie

Too expensive for just a few missions. Actiblizz thinks that anything with their name slapped onto it can be released at a premium double what most other companies would charge.  

277 Comments. 14 pages. Viewing page 10.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ] Older >