Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter
User information for lthecakeisalie

Real Name lthecakeisalie   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname thecakeisalie
Email Concealed by request
Description Gaming since the 70s
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 12, 2010, 13:37
Total Comments 277 (Amateur)
User ID 55592

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ] Older >

News Comments > Total War: WARHAMMER Blood for the Blood God DLC Released

9. Re: Total War: WARHAMMER Blood for the Blood God DLC Released Jul 1, 2016, 03:17 thecakeisalie

I like the game, it's one of their best Total War games, but I'm giving this DLC a miss until it's on sale, at least. It should have been included with the game and just been toggled as unavailable in regions where it couldn't be sold as a feature. Everyone else should have been given the option to enable/disable the gore.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > The Division Patch & Expansion Tomorrow

8. Re: The Division Patch & Expansion Tomorrow Jun 28, 2016, 01:37 thecakeisalie

RedEye9 wrote on Jun 27, 2016, 23:02:
murmur
https://www.vg247.com/2016/06/27/the-division-positive-steam-reviews-plummet-to-new-low/

The game deserves the rating. It was an overhyped turd, rushed out the door without enough QA and doomed by the stupid decision to make the client trusted which blew open the doors to cheaters. Their complete lack of QA made all those game-breaking exploits possible. They let the exploiting and hacking get so out of control that almost all of their playerbase abandoned the game already.

Nothing they can do at this point will make the game worth playing again for me and probably for most other people. I'll never reinstall it, or UPlay. I've written off the loss and I'm never buying a Ubisoft game again. They are just incompetent, money-grubbing idiots.

News Comments > Overwatch Roadmap

1. Re: Overwatch Roadmap Jun 15, 2016, 21:28 thecakeisalie

Most of the people I know, including myself, have already given up on Overhype. Game shipped before it was finished and the netcode/server prediction and matchmaking are horrible. It'll turn into another Heroes of the Storm shortly with a small die-hard fan base and that's it.  

News Comments > The Division Underground Details

8. Re: The Division Underground Details Jun 15, 2016, 13:49 thecakeisalie

If I could get a refund I would. It pisses me off that a friend talked me into getting this game and then quit the first time he got gang-banged in the Dark Zone. I really had little interest in the game to be honest and Ubisoft just keeps digging the hole deeper. 93% of their playerbase on PC is gone, probably forever. I really, really hope that no one is dumb enough to trust Massive/Ubisoft to ever make a MMO-type shooter again (fuck them and their trusted-client noob shit that is so hackable it's not funny and the total lack of QA that led to all those exploits).  

News Comments > The Division Perma-Bans

1. Re: The Division Perma-Bans Jun 9, 2016, 19:01 thecakeisalie

Too little too late. The game is effectively dead. 80-85% of the peak player concurrency is gone, probably forever. They sat on their hands way too long over this and didn't get serious about bans until the damage was done.  

News Comments > 7 Million Play Overwatch, Minus a Bunch of Cheaters

19. Re: 7 Million Play Overwatch, Minus a Bunch of Cheaters Jun 3, 2016, 06:46 thecakeisalie

VaranDragon wrote on Jun 3, 2016, 03:11:
thecakeisalie wrote on Jun 2, 2016, 20:57:

As an FYI, the bought RNG boxes seem to have a lot better chance of getting decent stuff than the ones you get from leveling up playing the game.

Yeah I also heard that there was no moon landing and Obama is a reptile alien descended from the Queen of England.

Yeah be an ass when you don't know what the hell you're talking about. One of my friends who bought 50 loot crates then compared what he got from the 40+ ones he got for free while leveling would beg to differ. He got way better stuff in the bought ones. A bunch of the 1000 gold "legendary" skins, and a ton of purple stuff and lots of gold (which can be spent on directly buying stuff).

I've gotten ONE legendary skin in almost 40 levels (for a hero I'll never play), a small handful of purples but lots of duplicates of common items (they only give you 20% of the value of duplicates in gold, so 5 gold for each duplicate common). I don't even have enough gold to buy a purple item (250 gold).

This comment was edited on Jun 3, 2016, 06:51.

News Comments > 7 Million Play Overwatch, Minus a Bunch of Cheaters

6. Re: 7 Million Play Overwatch, Minus a Bunch of Cheaters Jun 2, 2016, 20:57 thecakeisalie

9 million people played the open beta, but only 7 million bought it. I had it pre-ordered and didn't cancel because open beta was fun. Once they reset the MMRs and started feeding everyone to the suddenly MMR-less "pro" streamer/gamer crowd the honeymoon from open beta died off fast after launch for anyone new to the game. It was stomp, stomp, stompity, stomp time for those poor sods.

Many people on my friends list stopped playing much, if at all and it's barely been a week and a half since launch citing the busted matchmaker, imbalances, lag and getting crap for cosmetics unless they shelled out for RNG boxes from the microtransaction shop.

As an FYI, the bought RNG boxes seem to have a lot better chance of getting decent stuff than the ones you get from leveling up playing the game. The game you paid either $40-60 USD for and is online only and promised launch features are still missing over a week after launch. Go figure.

News Comments > Heroes of the Storm Turning One

1. Re: Heroes of the Storm Turning One May 27, 2016, 20:48 thecakeisalie

And how many people play this compared to LoL, DOTA2 and SMITE? Most people were chased away by their horribad MMR system and matchmaking algorithms. No doubt it's still making them money, but it's damaged goods. I doubt they'll be able to repair the brand enough to steal enough players away from the big 3 to be a serious contender.  

News Comments > Total War: WARHAMMER Sales Record

1. Re: Total War: WARHAMMER Sales Record May 27, 2016, 20:23 thecakeisalie

About time. Their last good game out of the gate was Shogun II. Rome II and Attila both had game-crushing bugs at launch or incomplete features (like really crappy AI). I see they finally learned their lesson and tested the crap out of this game before they released it.  

News Comments > Tom Clancy's The Division Conflict Update

3. Re: Tom Clancy's The Division Conflict Update May 24, 2016, 23:23 thecakeisalie

Game is still full of hackers and exploiters. UBISoft doesn't have the stones to permanban people. Waste of time/money.  

News Comments > Overwatch Launch Announcement

18. Re: Overwatch Launch Announcement May 24, 2016, 16:15 thecakeisalie

nimski wrote on May 24, 2016, 16:06:
Slick wrote on May 24, 2016, 15:35:

So in that breath, I give OW some slack that they just launched today, but come on, 20 tic for a "pro e-sports hyper-competitive" 6v6 FPS game is a slap in the face.

It's been discussed, no idea if it's valid, that custom games use 60 tic. The thing is.. it does not feel like 20 to me. They may be doing something else with prediction to make it play better. <shrug>

You've obviously never experienced the power of their crappy server prediction and "Favor the Shooter" mindset. Have you played and been shot around a corner by a sniper like Hanzo or Widowmaker or by Bastion in turret mode? Watched the KillCam after? On YOUR client, you got out of the way. On THEIR client, you were standing out in the open and boom.

This stuff happens less on games that update the server and clients more often about where people are and what they are doing. 20 tick is Blizzard cheaping out on network traffic to save money at the expense of gameplay experience for their customers.

News Comments > Overwatch Launches

9. Re: Overwatch Launches May 24, 2016, 05:03 thecakeisalie

Sepharo wrote on May 24, 2016, 03:26:
I agree with most of your criticisms, especially the tick rate that causes lag shots from snipers when you've already made it to cover. The day 1 matchmaking is going to be obnoxious but the only way around that was not resetting beta progress, and even then you'll still run into issues simply because most people have yet to be sorted. If it's any consolation I found the matchmaking to be really good towards the ends of each beta run.

What I don't agree with is the idea of "broken combos", everything has a counter. I'd be interested to hear what you consider to be a broken combo. And as a Zenyatta main, I vehemently disagree with the notion that the developers don't want you to play support. Since you didn't give any details there I'm not sure what you even mean. Healing is very important, Lucio's speed is important, Zenyatta's 50% DMG curse is important, Mercy's revive, Zenyatta's super strong heal bubble ult. Awards are given for healing dealt out at the end of the round. You get elimination assists on guys you're healing. I think they've gone out of their way to make sure healing is rewarded and intuitive for the win.

"Broken combos" like Bastion + Mercy + Reinhardt sitting on a moving objective. Very hard to deal with under the best circumstances if the Bastion is any good and the other 3 players prevent flanking and run interference. A lot of people who bought the game because it's Blizzard and who never played the beta would have no idea how to counter it. Or the team who boxed us in with Mei in a narrow area with ice wall, and a Reaper teleported behind the wall and instantly fired off his ultimate, killing everyone. They did this repeatedly. I tried to counter these setups having played the betas but the other people in the group just died. A lot.

News Comments > Overwatch Launches

7. Re: Overwatch Launches May 24, 2016, 02:46 thecakeisalie

The most fun you can have getting wrecked by twitch kiddies on Red Bull for 40-60 bucks. And there's a cash shop. Yeah, yeah I know, it's COSMETIC, but that's not really the point. Some of the game content that was supposed to be ready at launch (e.g. Competitive Mode) isn't working, but the cash shop sure as hell is.

At the moment, matchmaking is completely FUBARed because it's putting normal people and older gamers up against pro-gamers and pro-streamers. The result is you get facerolled. Lost 9/10 games before I gave up tonight to people who were either Korean teens, aimbotters or they were hopped up on crack cocaine, based on their kill counts, sniping ability, etc as judged via all the replays of my deaths and the way we got stomped. And the smack talking. I must've added a half dozen or more people to my block list in Battle.net tonight. People were THAT obnoxious.

This imbalanced matchmaking is because everyone's ratings got reset so until their matchmaking sorts out people's ratings it's going to be seal clubbing time, especially when you come up against a pre-made group. It doesn't help that the average PUGer doesn't know all the broken "combos" you can do if you combine certain heroes. They also don't want to play support or healing. In a team-based game, that pretty much screws you over.

If you don't want to throw your mouse through your monitor, you might want to let things simmer for a few days before trying to play. Then you might get matched against people closer to your skill level and with people who have figured out this "team work" concept.

PS - 20 tick server rate still blows, just like it did in beta. It was great falling over dead over and over, and on the KillCam, I was not doing what I was doing when I died. Serious issues there with the clients not being properly synced. In a fast paced game like this where the Time to Kill (TTK) is so low and there are many insta-kill moves, I hope they realize that 20 tick sucks and bump it up to 60 or more, like Counter Strike and other modern FPS games.

This comment was edited on May 24, 2016, 02:53.

News Comments > DOOM Released

92. Re: DOOM Released May 14, 2016, 00:29 thecakeisalie

loomy wrote on May 13, 2016, 15:47:
when totalbiscuit announced he has terminal cancer, that means he is not going to get better. sorry

However, Wikipedia says that the cancer, which spread to his liver, is actually responding to treatment and the tumor is shrinking as of early this year. The cancer he has is normally terminal (2-3 years tops) but wouldn't he be the kind of cheeky bastard to survive with it for much longer than normal. He also has youth in his favour.

News Comments > Microsoft Improving UWP Gaming

22. Re: Microsoft Improving UWP Gaming May 11, 2016, 09:02 thecakeisalie

Microsoft can pry Windows 7 Professional 64-bit out of my cold, dead fingers. Fuck Windows 10 and UWP.  

News Comments > Battlefield 1 Announced

27. Re: Battlefield 1 Announced May 7, 2016, 12:45 thecakeisalie

Kosh401 wrote on May 7, 2016, 12:14:
Always so many negative comments in every thread around here lol :/

We're looking forward to checking it out. No more easy mode lock on weapons, no IRNV, UCAV, etc., could be a really nice change of pace.

The comments are negative because EA/DICE have been releasing garbage for the last few years and have milked their customers by selling DLCs, Season Passes and pre-order exclusives that aren't worth the money or even cross into pay-to-win territory (see Han's Blaster that was sold in the Digital Deluxe version of Star Wars: Battlefront). This is in addition to adding in-game cash shops with microtransactions to games that shouldn't have any.

Their games are also riddled with hacks and they just don't seem to care. There are so many cheat programs for games running on the engine used by DICE that it's depressing.

They have only themselves to blame for the hate.

23. Re: Battlefield 1 Announced May 7, 2016, 08:15 thecakeisalie

christheshitter wrote on May 7, 2016, 07:54:
Another wet dream for the big mega money hungry corporate company. The game itself is going to be more bland than translucency itself.

Brain dead people will still buy this though.

Yep. No shortage of those these days. Seriously, I think collective human IQ has dropped sharply this last decade, or else companies have conditioned us into accepting that getting subpar products for inflated prices is a good deal.

3. Re: Battlefield 1 Announced May 6, 2016, 21:26 thecakeisalie

EA/DICE have released a bunch of crappy games in a row now and are addicted to DLCs, pre-order exclusives, Season Passes (with dubious value because barely anyone plays their games anymore) and in-game cash shops. Any way possible to rape your wallet while giving you as little in return as possible.

If people are cool with this kind of practice, fill your boots and pre-order. EA LOVES YOUR MONEY. You as a gamer? Not so much.

News Comments > Battlefield Teaser Trailer; Announcement Tomorrow

34. Re: Battlefield Teaser Trailer; Announcement Tomorrow May 6, 2016, 06:48 thecakeisalie

After the Star Wars: Battlefront fiasco, EA/DICE can blow me. All fluff, no substance. Pure garbage not worthy of the Battlefront name. Console matchmaking on the PC that sucks, hard. Battlefield 4 has a cash shop FFS. Every EA/DICE game for the last couple years has been a half-assed, shameful cash grab. I am never pre-ordering or buying another of their games again.  

News Comments > EVE Online Turns 13; Free Weekend

5. Re: EVE Online Turns 13; Free Weekend May 6, 2016, 04:32 thecakeisalie

If you have an existing account, you can only play for free for the weekend if you have purchased the game through Steam and linked it to your account AFTER May 31, 2013. You have to actually log into your account on the EVE website to redeem the free 3 day voucher.

If you have purchased the game via Steam before that date or have a native EVE account where the subscription has expired, you are SOL.

Also, the discounts aren't very good, except if you are a potential new player and want to get the game with some extras (75% off isn't bad there I guess). The PLEX discount is only 10%, which is nothing special. No substantial discount on subs and no discount on AURUM.

It's really kinda meh to be honest.

277 Comments. 14 pages. Viewing page 9.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ] Older >