Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter
User information for lthecakeisalie

Real Name lthecakeisalie   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname thecakeisalie
Email Concealed by request
Description Gaming since the 70s
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 12, 2010, 13:37
Total Comments 277 (Amateur)
User ID 55592

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ] Older >

News Comments > Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare Specs

12. Re: Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare Specs Oct 28, 2016, 00:02 thecakeisalie

SpectralMeat wrote on Oct 27, 2016, 14:53:
Bundy wrote on Oct 27, 2016, 14:49:
there will be a mission near the end where you have to kill the bad guy and you have him dead to rights in your scope. But then you magically miss! Or something distracts you. Or you get BETRAYED!!! Which will end Act 2.
Ahh fuck
You've just spoiled the whole single player campaign for me.

Me too. Although if I'm really curious, I'll just watch some playthrough on Youtube. I haven't bought a CoD since MW2 and never will.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare Specs

3. Re: Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare Specs Oct 26, 2016, 22:40 thecakeisalie

Most of that space will be for cinematics from the short single-player campaign and for the hundreds of Supply Drop skins and pay-to-win weapons and variants. There is no way that the antique engine they use and the shitty graphics take up that much space, unless they can't compress it due to just how out of date it is.  

News Comments > Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare Trailer

5. Re: Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare Trailer Oct 26, 2016, 19:35 thecakeisalie

What makes me sad is the number of Youtubers who HATE this game with a passion and vow it's the worst COD ever and say they refuse to play it, but they're buying it just to get the remaster of COD 4: Modern Warfare.

Three words for those people: Utter. Fucking. Lemmings.

Do they not think that Activision hasn't got a plan to put Supply Drops into the COD 4: Modern Warfare remaster and make it pay-to-win just like Infinite Warfare is going to be pay-to-win? Bobby Kotick loves his bonus check and he's addicted to the money he raked in with Supply Drops in Black Ops III even though most people despised them for what they were: gambling boxes aimed at kids. Rest assured, Activision will have their pound of flesh, no matter what, and people giving them cash now for the COD 4: Modern Warfare remaster are in for a rude shock.

This comment was edited on Oct 26, 2016, 19:40.

News Comments > Overwatch Competitive Changes Planned

4. Re: Overwatch Competitive Changes Planned Oct 26, 2016, 05:46 thecakeisalie

Blizzard can't balance anything properly. Playing ranked is not worth the bile you get from spoiled brat kids who drank too much Red Bull and forgot to take their Ritalin and getting steam-rolled by a semi-pro team nearly every match. No one I know plays ranked anymore. It's not worth it.  

News Comments > Star Citizen Trailer

24. Re: Into the Black Oct 14, 2016, 01:42 thecakeisalie

CJ_Parker wrote on Oct 14, 2016, 00:17:
Wow. Massive almost 90 minute damage control CitizenCon post mortem video here.

Background: Many of the spoiled brat fangirls of SC were enormously disappointed with the low amount of flashy trailers and demos that were shown this year. Everyone was expecting the promised Squadron 42 footage or some more viddies from the epic long delayed Star Marine.
The forums were on fire after CitCon with rivers of fangirl tears over CIG's inability to deliver more jawdrop™.
Because, God knows, Star Citizen fangirls are entitled to their bi-monthly jawdrop™ and have every right to pout if it don't happen!

So, all four studio leads (Erin - Manchester, Brian - Frankfurt, Tony - Austin, Chris & John - Santa Monica) took time out of their busy schedules and got together for this latest damage control video to put out the fires and reassure the fangirls that everything is fine in CIG land.

When the shit hits the fan on this game, I hope these same rabid fanbois go after Chris Roberts. He will probably need to flee the country.

News Comments > Star Citizen Squadron 42 Delayed

58. Re: Star Citizen Squadron 42 Delayed Oct 10, 2016, 18:56 thecakeisalie

The Half Elf wrote on Oct 10, 2016, 10:35:
Angrius Maximis wrote on Oct 10, 2016, 10:15:
This game is going to be on a Derek Smart level of FAILURE

At least Smart has shipped a game

This is what all of the Derek Smart haters forget. Derek Smart might be an arrogant tool when he wants to be, but he's actually shipped games and has a better track record of delivering on what he's promised. For that much, he deserves some degree of respect.

News Comments > Star Citizen Squadron 42 Delayed

57. Re: Star Citizen Squadron 42 Delayed Oct 10, 2016, 18:55 thecakeisalie

Hahahahahahaha. I wonder when Chris will cut and run with the money that's left and we'll get the 'minimum viable product' that Chris was mumbling about earlier this year.  

News Comments > Blizzard Dropping Battle.net Name

17. Re: Blizzard Dropping Battle.net Name Sep 22, 2016, 00:03 thecakeisalie

How much do you want to bet that Bobby Kotick, the money-grubbing CEO of Activision, is pushing this? Kind of funny that 3 bigwigs at Blizzard all left just prior to this announcement. I suspect a lot of people at Blizzard might not be happy with changes like this either.

PS - If they force Facebook integration to play their games, I'm done with Blizzard.

News Comments > Battlefield 1 Maps and Modes Detailed

4. Re: Battlefield 1 Maps and Modes Detailed Sep 20, 2016, 22:24 thecakeisalie

RaZ0r! wrote on Sep 20, 2016, 20:34:
Nothing has matched Rush in Bad Company 2 to date for me. BF3 and BF4 both had it but it just wasn't the same and I'm not really sure why.

Bad Company 2 was, by far, my favorite Battlefield. You earned everything. There was no "I'm too lazy to just play the game" cash shop and no obnoxious "Season Pass" bullshit. I couldn't get into BF3 and I gave BF4 a miss completely.

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront Death Star for Season Pass Holders Next Week

12. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Death Star for Season Pass Holders Next Week Sep 17, 2016, 13:36 thecakeisalie

Slick wrote on Sep 17, 2016, 03:04:
thecakeisalie wrote on Sep 16, 2016, 20:52:
Even with the discount, the season pass for Battlefront is $35 CAD + taxes (because EA has an office in Canada so we get nailed with sales taxes if we buy ANYTHING from them here webstore, subscriptions, etc). Considering what a steaming turd the game was when it launched and its anemic player base (currently), it's absolutely not worth it. It you were one of those poor sods who bought the Season Pass, I hope you at least get some of your money's worth from this pack.

You know, if they'd actually made a REAL Battlefront game in the first place and not tried to make Call of Duty: Star Wars with the added insult of selling a (literally) pay-to-win gun with the deluxe edition, the game might have gone somewhere. Ah well. EA and DICE have burned up any prior goodwill from Battlefield 2, Battlefield 2142 and Bad Company 2 with me. I don't trust them any more after getting burned on this game. I have only a few hours of playtime, not enough to even warrant the purchase and no desire to try to play again.

PS - Anyone who pre-orders the sequel to this POS is a masochist...

Oh I pre-ordered the fuck out of this

Also:

1) This isn't CoD Star Wars. CoD is 6v6 running on an engine iterated from the Quake 3 engine back in 1999, Battlefront is 40 player large-scale battles with vehicles. It uses arguably the best looking (Division prolly has it beat) engine out there (actually developed by DICE), but definitely runs better than any other engine for the visuals you get from it. If you're going to troll, try harder.

2) The "pay to win" gun in the deluxe edition was just the gun you unlock at lvl 25. It took me 2 days. Come on dude, you need to up your troll game.

Sure the game is pretty but so was one of my ex's who was a complete psycho. All looks but beneath the surface it's terrible; easily the worst game DICE has ever made. It was also marketed as a Battlefront game except that most of the features that made the Battlefront games awesome weren't there. It IS Call of Duty: Star Wars mate. User scores agree with that assessment as do most non-mainstream gaming reviews I've seen. Player base is almost non-existent at least on the PC so I hope you have fun playing the fuck out of the game with the few hundred people left. Argue and moan all you want to justify that cash you flushed down the toilet but it's the truth.

Also, Han's blaster was totally an "I win" gun and if you unlocked it in 2 days, I would have hated to have been within smelling distance of you.

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront Death Star for Season Pass Holders Next Week

6. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Death Star for Season Pass Holders Next Week Sep 16, 2016, 20:52 thecakeisalie

Even with the discount, the season pass for Battlefront is $35 CAD + taxes (because EA has an office in Canada so we get nailed with sales taxes if we buy ANYTHING from them here webstore, subscriptions, etc). Considering what a steaming turd the game was when it launched and its anemic player base (currently), it's absolutely not worth it. It you were one of those poor sods who bought the Season Pass, I hope you at least get some of your money's worth from this pack.

You know, if they'd actually made a REAL Battlefront game in the first place and not tried to make Call of Duty: Star Wars with the added insult of selling a (literally) pay-to-win gun with the deluxe edition, the game might have gone somewhere. Ah well. EA and DICE have burned up any prior goodwill from Battlefield 2, Battlefield 2142 and Bad Company 2 with me. I don't trust them any more after getting burned on this game. I have only a few hours of playtime, not enough to even warrant the purchase and no desire to try to play again.

PS - Anyone who pre-orders the sequel to this POS is a masochist...

This comment was edited on Sep 16, 2016, 20:58.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits

17. Re: Evening Tech Bits Sep 15, 2016, 05:59 thecakeisalie

LittleMe wrote on Sep 15, 2016, 00:29:
Suppa7 wrote on Sep 15, 2016, 00:16:
LOL videogamers and the masses taught apple and the likes of valve that you guys will pay for locked down shit that has spyware installed. Do you not see the corporate world being jealous of google, steam and apple with their walled gardens and being able to 100% spy on everything you do?

There's a clear distinction here. I allowed Steam that privilege. I didn't allow nVidia that. They retroactively changed their product offering without my consent and disabled advertised features if I didn't submit. They require a software audit for something that in no way should require one (gameplay recording). That's unethical.

Corporations, especially large ones, don't care about ethics, just profit. As long as it's (even questionably) legal and sometimes even if it isn't as long as they think the risk of being sued/fined is worth it, they'll lube you up and bend you over to get that extra pound of flesh.

News Comments > Steam Review Changes to Fight Fraud

25. Re: Steam Review Changes to Fight Fraud Sep 13, 2016, 13:46 thecakeisalie

This move has less to do with fraud and more to do with pushing sales of games that are garbage. This is a shallow attempt to try to coerce people to buy directly from Steam if they want their opinion to count. That does actually matter to some people, believe it or not. I buy a lot of Steam keys from GmG and I've gotten some from games that were not Steam originally but went Steam for EA afterwards. Now my reviews don't count, so why bother writing one?

One of the games I play saw its review score plummet drastically, and it's actually a good game, just a lot of people bought from the developer directly prior to Greenlight/EA and got Steam keys when the game went into EA. Those people understood what EA and Alpha actually mean so they did give the developers the benefit of the doubt, unlike a lot of the spoiled brats on Steam who don't bother to read what EA and Alpha mean before plopping money on a title, review bombing it because it's not a polished game, and then refunding. This change will actually hurt sales for this game and the developers as the aggregate score dropped from 65% to 55%. GG Valve for fucking this developer in the bunghole.

Lately, Valve and Gabe Newell are really starting to annoy me. They are abusing their near monopoly on the Windows gaming platform and I feel like a frog in a pot while they turn up the heat.

This comment was edited on Sep 13, 2016, 13:53.

News Comments > ARK Expansion

5. Re: ARK Expansion Sep 1, 2016, 21:58 thecakeisalie

Cutter wrote on Sep 1, 2016, 20:32:
Oh seriously, fuck these guys. Optimize and finish your goddamned game already! These guys are yet another perfect example of why to avoid EA games. I so regret I ever gave these assholes dime one.

I feel I've gotten my money's worth from the original release. That being said, it smells rotten when you release a paid expansion for your game which is still in Early Access which you won't even commit to it being "beta" quality yet. People are also reporting serious problems with the paid expansion to boot, which no doubt just compounded the issues that continue to plague the original title.

I'm not giving them another dime and I think there are some serious questions people need to be asking themselves about the honesty of the developer here.

News Comments > Free Play Coming to EVE Online

8. Re: Free Play Coming to EVE Online Aug 31, 2016, 15:49 thecakeisalie

Cutter wrote on Aug 31, 2016, 15:33:
No one cares. It's a game for griefers by griefers which is why it always has been and always will be a niche game F2P or not.

Truer words were never spoken. CCP could make the game more accessible and newbie friendly, but they won't. They love their sociopathic griefer demographic too much. I resub from time to time and I get tired of seeing the anti-griefing channels alive with reports of people multiboxing and using keystroke replicating software, which CCP claims is now bannable, to gank people at will in high-sec space. CCP won't ban them because they're using the money they get from ganking to buy PLEX to fuel all those extra accounts.

Guess which alliance these people are a member of for bonus points.

News Comments > The Division's Swedish Patch Mission

14. Re: The Division's Swedish Patch Mission Aug 29, 2016, 00:38 thecakeisalie

Slick wrote on Aug 28, 2016, 12:34:
thecakeisalie wrote on Aug 28, 2016, 05:51:
Dagnamit wrote on Aug 27, 2016, 20:36:
This game is not even in the top 100 of steam games currently being played, can't even hit 1500 concurrent players. Deader than dead.

Considering the sales figures they boasted, that's bloody awful. If they dare to make a sequel and people buy it, they need their fucking heads examined.

You realise that The Division is made by Ubisoft, and released on Uplay right?

You're only counting the figures of people dumb enough to buy it on Steam because they enjoy having to launch 2x DRM platforms every time they play the game instead of 1... Not to mention giving Valve %30 of the gross (+50% of profit) for literally doing nothing more than functioning as a shortcut launcher for Uplay.

I doubt very many people are playing it through UPlay. The player count figures I saw quoted back in the spring were that it lost over 90% of peak player concurrency on the PC platform. Not sure about consoles. I can't see that number having improved.

11. Re: The Division's Swedish Patch Mission Aug 28, 2016, 05:51 thecakeisalie

Dagnamit wrote on Aug 27, 2016, 20:36:
This game is not even in the top 100 of steam games currently being played, can't even hit 1500 concurrent players. Deader than dead.

Considering the sales figures they boasted, that's bloody awful. If they dare to make a sequel and people buy it, they need their fucking heads examined.

10. Re: The Division's Swedish Patch Mission Aug 28, 2016, 05:49 thecakeisalie

Maybe they should just stop pretending the game wasn't a massive flop due to their gross incompetence and quietly pretend it doesn't exist, instead of continuously reminding all of us who bought this steaming turd of how bad we got screwed.

This comment was edited on Aug 28, 2016, 06:13.

News Comments > No Man's Sky Patch Details and Plans

14. Re: No Man's Sky Patch Details and Plans Aug 21, 2016, 22:15 thecakeisalie

I knew that Sean Murray was shifty after watching his interviews and his body language and just at how evasive he was. That set off alarm bells. Knowing it was going to be a console port set off even more. I am SO glad I didn't waste 66.99 CAD on this steaming pile of turd.

People need to learn their lesson and stop pre-ordering games that are overhyped and make promises that sound too good to be true.

News Comments > Star Citizen Gamescom Presentation

18. Re: Star Citizen Gamescom Presentation Aug 20, 2016, 15:51 thecakeisalie

{PH}88fingers wrote on Aug 20, 2016, 15:35:
El Pit wrote on Aug 20, 2016, 14:34:
vvenaya wrote on Aug 20, 2016, 14:23:
Odd. Where are the usual nay-sayers / Black knights ? finally realizing that SC may actually happen ?

Waiting for a finished game to be able to judge the final product fairly?

You actually believe they are quiet because they are waiting to judge a final product fairly? cereal? Have you not read past SC threads over the years? those guys patient and fair?

Considering that the last time I criticized the slow development of Star Citizen online (I'm still a backer BTW), I was told to go kill myself and that people hoped I died so I'd never see how "wrong" I am about the game, I'm a little leery to comment on Star Citizen stuff.

"Shitizens" lose all sense of morality and rip anyone who voices even fair concerns about "their" game to pieces with stuff like I described above or even death threats. And people think the EVE Online community is toxic. LOL.

277 Comments. 14 pages. Viewing page 7.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ] Older >