Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter
User information for lthecakeisalie

Real Name lthecakeisalie   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname thecakeisalie
Email Concealed by request
Description Gaming since the 70s
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 12, 2010, 13:37
Total Comments 277 (Amateur)
User ID 55592

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ] Older >

News Comments > For Honor P2P Complaints and Dedicated Server Petition

8. Re: For Honor P2P Complaints and Dedicated Server Petition Dec 19, 2016, 14:49 thecakeisalie

Cutter wrote on Dec 19, 2016, 12:54:
Well, stop buying MP games that don't permit player run servers. Problem solved.

I was part of the last beta test and I decided to not pre-order due to their choice of P2P for matchmaking. The game is too twitchy and fast-paced to work with P2P. If they slowed it down some and stopped trying to make it so only twitch kiddies hopped up on G Fuel and Adderall can actually pull off some of the moves, it would be less of a problem.

Edit - Why are these game companies trying to push games as e-sports? I don't get it. It boggles my mind why these suits think that designing games around the age demographic who can play e-sports level games is going to be a good idea. There are too many e-sports level games out there and the attention spans of this demographic are small. They quickly get bored of games and move on. The largest and most lucrative demographic of gamer are people who are past their "e-sports" prime. Like my age bracket, who love video games, have played them most of our lives and actually have money. Something a lot of the e-sports age kids don't.

This comment was edited on Dec 19, 2016, 14:55.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Star Citizen Gameplay Trailer

56. Re: Star Citizen Gameplay Trailer Dec 18, 2016, 22:02 thecakeisalie

I'm surprised Derek Smart hasn't poked his head around. There's been a few Star Citizen stories posted here recently. Odd of him to not make an appearance.  

News Comments > etc.

16. Re: etc. Dec 18, 2016, 21:58 thecakeisalie

RedEye9 wrote on Dec 18, 2016, 21:02:
Saw this and could not resist.
https://i.imgur.com/wl14RDy.jpg

Hahahaha. Awesome. And probably a little bit prophetic.

News Comments > etc.

5. Re: Polish Government grants... Dec 18, 2016, 14:22 thecakeisalie

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Dec 18, 2016, 14:16:
Wow, very interesting, Poland. CD Projekt RED will no doubt make something awesome eventually, and I find it really nice that the government supports their homegrown tech companies, even for video games.

I am in the internal testing group for another game company based out of Poland and they have awesome support from their government. Poland is definitely one of the friendlier countries to develop games in after CD Projekt RED put them on the map.

News Comments > On Sale

3. Re: On Sale Dec 18, 2016, 14:20 thecakeisalie

RedEye9 wrote on Dec 18, 2016, 12:44:
Oh, a ship sale. The Armada Discount Pack looks like a steal, only $2500 USD.

Per pixel, those JPGs that people are being suckered into buying are probably some of the most expensive in the history of digital rendering.

News Comments > etc.

3. Re: etc. Dec 18, 2016, 14:05 thecakeisalie

The Half Elf wrote on Dec 18, 2016, 13:53:
Sadly money was spent on the green screen, t-shirts, face paint, stupid hats, furniture, the camera's to shoot the fucking thing and everything else shown that has NOTHING TO DO WITH THE FUCKING GAME PEOPLE SPENT MONEY ON DURING THE KICKSTARTER.

Holy fuck, next time let's give it to Charlie Sheen for Hookers and Blow, and record what happens. At least that would be entertaining!

Agreed. At least I wouldn't feel like my money was as wasted as it does right now. Hookers and Blow >>> investment than Star Citizen.

Edit - the money that people spent on the Kickstarter was exhausted long, long ago dude. Without the constant influx of cash from their "ship sales" and true believers, CIG would have gone bankrupt ages ago. Once that dries up, the wheels are going to come off and the shitstorm is going to be epic.

This comment was edited on Dec 18, 2016, 14:26.

49. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda - Andromeda Initiative Trailer Dec 18, 2016, 11:22 thecakeisalie

loomy wrote on Dec 18, 2016, 11:07:
Kelpie wrote on Dec 18, 2016, 06:24:
Did anyone see their holiday livestream? JFC what a cringefest.

yes, and I saw all the ones before it too, and they all sucked. good thing it doesn't matter, because nobody bought a livestream ticket

Kosumo wrote on Dec 18, 2016, 02:05:
Chris Roberts knows nothing of modern game development and is wasting other peoples money.

fly to the asteroid belt around yela and search for grim hex, then come back here and tell me you still believe that. star citizen has glimmers of excellence and even 10% done it feels like nothing I've ever played before

Good for you mate. About 5 years from now you can have fun playing what's left of it after the assets are sold to another company who "finish it" and rush it out the door to salvage the trainwreck when CIG goes broke (like the Duke Nukem Forever and 3DRealms fiasco).

35. Re: Star Citizen Gameplay Trailer Dec 17, 2016, 21:24 thecakeisalie

Worst money I ever spent on backing a video game, alongside Shroud of the Avatar. Unlike Chris Roberts, at least Garriott made a (shitty) game even if he really screwed his original backers by spending more time developing creative ways to funnel more cash into his pockets via the cash shop using the "game" as merely an engine to accomplish this goal.

I wish Chris Roberts would just announce this was all a scam already so I know that my money was pissed away instead of drawing this out as long and painfully as possible.

News Comments > New NVIDIA GeForce Drivers

3. Re: New NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Dec 15, 2016, 15:23 thecakeisalie

Nullity wrote on Dec 15, 2016, 12:03:
"This version adds several security improvements."
This just means that to use the Geforce Experience app, you now have to log into an Nvidia account, Gmail account, Facebook, Twitter, and your online bank account. In addition, you need to enable two-factor authentication using their new smartphone app (which itself requires a new and separate Nvidia account to activate), and confirm your identity by uploading a head-shot pic taken by a web cam, and a voice print by singing a round of "Row Row Row Your Boat" into your mic.

And you have to mail them a sample of your DNA. Don't forget that part. AMD is starting to look better and better if their next line of Radeon cards can match nVidia in performance I'm tempted to give them another shot. At least they aren't in league with the NSA or Illuminati.

This comment was edited on Dec 15, 2016, 15:30.

News Comments > No Full Clip Edition Upgrades for Bulletstorm Owners

16. Re: No Full Clip Edition Upgrades for Bulletstorm Owners Dec 6, 2016, 08:23 thecakeisalie

I can't even play the original because of Games for Windows Live. It just won't work. I'm not the only one having that issue with the game.  

News Comments > Hello Games Breaks No Man's Sky Silence

37. Re: Hello Games Breaks No Man's Sky Silence Nov 27, 2016, 22:13 thecakeisalie

My biggest question is why is this game still being sold, period, when it was clearly falsely advertised from the get-go? Any ethical game distribution platform or retailer should have pulled this POS from the shelves or removed it for sale from their storefronts.

And why the hell is it still being sold for the same price as a AAA title given that it is a cheaply made over-hyped, falsely-advertised indie game?

News Comments > The Division Survival Expansion Tomorrow

8. Re: The Division Survival Expansion Tomorrow Nov 22, 2016, 01:56 thecakeisalie

People still play this? I'm surprised. Massive/Ubisoft's incompetence and the hackers/exploiters drove almost the entire player base away over 6 months ago. I quit in April and I've loaded up the game only a couple times since then. It was a ghost town.

This comment was edited on Nov 22, 2016, 02:30.

News Comments > Star Citizen Schedule, Videos, Sale

41. Re: Star Citizen Schedule, Videos, Sale Nov 19, 2016, 19:02 thecakeisalie

HorrorScope wrote on Nov 19, 2016, 16:19:
This is gonna happen isn't it? If and when it is ready... it's going to be sold as EA for a few years isn't it?

That's assuming they actually make enough of a game to even have it get to an EA state. Even that is looking dicey right now.

Also, like most EA games on Steam (looking at you, ARK), it will likely never leave EA but will continuously be "in development" with lots of DLCs and ships and stuff to keep the money rolling in. Once the money stops, it'll get abandoned.

News Comments > Star Citizen Schedule, Videos, Sale

20. Re: Star Citizen Schedule, Videos, Sale Nov 19, 2016, 14:25 thecakeisalie

I didn't agree to the ToS change where they said no more refunds for early backers. I should get my money back if this is all they have after years of waiting.

PS - Derek Smart called it. I know people love hating on the guy but it is looking more and more like he is right about this train wreck.

News Comments > Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare Double XP Weekend

1. Re: Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare Double XP Weekend Nov 19, 2016, 04:24 thecakeisalie

I'm sure the tiny handful of people who play this instead of Modern Warfare Remastered or any other decent shooter out there will be happy. Make sure you drop lots of money on COD points so you can get a small chance at getting those pay-to-win guns kiddies.  

News Comments > EVE Online F2P Launches

13. Re: EVE Online F2P Launches Nov 15, 2016, 17:44 thecakeisalie

Ozmodan wrote on Nov 15, 2016, 17:34:
jdreyer wrote on Nov 15, 2016, 12:19:
Tipsy McStagger wrote on Nov 15, 2016, 11:49:
It doesn't take 1 year, 2 years or even 5 years to be useful in eve.

A 1 week old player can be extremely useful to players of 10 years by being tackles/scouts/salvagers/dps target practice.

Fixed.

So you are clueless about Eve. Very few people are going to bother the free players as they won't have anything worth blowing up. They are limited to small ships, a cruiser being the biggest and basic weapons, even missiles are not available to free players. You can take your time learning the game, but you will eventually have to subscribe if you like it as the free part of the game is very limited.

You have got to be kidding me. When I played I reported people trying to grief all the time in the newbie hubs. Newbie baiting was something that a bunch of players got kicks out of. They didn't do it for loot. They did it to be assholes. Pure and simple. EVE has a subsection of players who are sociopathic arsehats. They don't do it for gain. They do it because they CAN.

PS - RIP Aura. They actually removed Aura from the game and replaced her voice with someone who sounds pretty awful in comparison. Why CCP? WHY?

News Comments > EVE Online F2P Launches

10. Re: EVE Online F2P Launches Nov 15, 2016, 15:59 thecakeisalie

I strongly doubt this will lure too many people to the game. The problem with new player retention is the too-steep learning curve, griefing asshats who deliberately target newbies to drive them out of the game and the whole time-gated skill system itself which is boring as hell.

This initiative doesn't address any of those issues. It is more useful for asshats to just make tons of alts to multibox and grief with (like CODE and Goonswarm).

This comment was edited on Nov 15, 2016, 16:19.

News Comments > MechWarrior Online Free Mech

9. Re: MechWarrior Online Free Mech Nov 11, 2016, 16:51 thecakeisalie

Flatline wrote on Nov 11, 2016, 11:33:
I was an early adopter and enjoyed it enough to drop a little money on it. I left pissed off after some of their pay2win decisions and one long period where I couldn't even launch the goddamn game any more.

Eff these guys.

Same. I dropped some coin on their big founder pack because I was excited to see someone trying to revive Mechwarrior/Battletech and they made a lot of promises that have since turned out to be complete bullshit. They made World of Tanks with Mechs and that's about it. Then they made the Mechs I got in the pre-order kinda garbage as they kept releasing more and more powerful Mechs for more and more cash. If you didn't buy the newer, better Mechs you got wrecked.

Got disillusioned and bailed. I don't play the game anymore. I'm waiting for the turn-based Battletech reboot that is being developed.

This comment was edited on Nov 11, 2016, 16:59.

News Comments > Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered Minimum Requirements

8. Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered Minimum Requirements Oct 30, 2016, 23:24 thecakeisalie

nin wrote on Oct 30, 2016, 22:51:
thecakeisalie wrote on Oct 30, 2016, 22:29:
COD 4: Modern Warfare was the last COD worth buying for me. The nostalgia isn't enough to toss money down on the steaming turd that is Infinite Warfare. I'll spend my money on Battlefield 1, thanks. Many people are comparing it favorably to Bad Company 2 (which is a REALLY good thing).

We get it, you don't like COD, which you've mentioned several times now.

Wrong, I liked all of the COD games up until COD 4 and I liked World at War. Anything since hasn't measured up. PS - Supply Drops can die in a fire.

News Comments > Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered Minimum Requirements

6. Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered Minimum Requirements Oct 30, 2016, 22:29 thecakeisalie

COD 4: Modern Warfare was the last COD worth buying for me. The nostalgia isn't enough to toss money down on the steaming turd that is Infinite Warfare. I'll spend my money on Battlefield 1, thanks. Many people are comparing it favorably to Bad Company 2 (which is a REALLY good thing).  

277 Comments. 14 pages. Viewing page 6.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ] Older >