Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for lthecakeisalie

Real Name lthecakeisalie   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname thecakeisalie
Email Concealed by request
Description Gaming since the 70s
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 12, 2010, 13:37
Total Comments 277 (Amateur)
User ID 55592

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ] Older >

News Comments > etc., etc.
21. Re: etc., etc. May 26, 2018, 20:00 thecakeisalie

Beamer wrote on May 26, 2018, 18:18:
thecakeisalie wrote on May 26, 2018, 16:22:
Hey if you people want to play female bionic commandos wearing Celtic woad warpaint in a game set in WW2, fill your boots. I'm not buying it and I said why. Instead of just letting my comment sit, you felt a need to ridicule me for it. Stay classy.

You said it "panders to sjws," a ridiculous comment as we don't know what the plot is. You also said it was another game that did so, also ridiculous because so few do.

People like you are just overly sensitive and looking to be offended. Does a game have a female? Clearly it's pandering. why, in your day, women knew well enough to leave the vidja game to us men folk. Today, they don't know their place!

I have no problem with female protagonists in video games. I own a bunch of them and enjoy them. I have female characters in some MMOs. Those are fantasy games or alternative history. I'm just tired of games that claim to be an "authentic WW-whatever experience", first COD WW2 and now this game, that feel an absolute need to rewrite history to be politically correct based on today's standards and not the standards of the period they are set in.

Personally, I don't understand what drives this agenda on almost every level in this industry now. But hey, you know, string me up for having a viewpoint that differs from yours. Whatever. This comment board is full of people who love to play holier-than-thou and crucify others who have differing opinions even resorting to pretty immature personal attacks. So be it. I'm done wasting my time.

This comment was edited on May 27, 2018, 03:27.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

20. Re: etc., etc. May 26, 2018, 19:40 thecakeisalie

Bludd wrote on May 26, 2018, 17:28:
jdreyer wrote on May 26, 2018, 17:13:
Bludd wrote on May 26, 2018, 16:56:
thecakeisalie wrote on May 26, 2018, 16:22:
Hey if you people want to play female bionic commandos wearing Celtic woad warpaint in a game set in WW2, fill your boots. I'm not buying it and I said why. Instead of just letting my comment sit, you felt a need to ridicule me for it. Stay classy.
Hyperbole is a two-way street, dude.

@Bludd, good points, you should post more often.

@Cake, a shame you'll miss out. What will you play instead? Something like Rising Storm 2: Vietnam?
No, I told ya. He'll be playing Chess, probably game 6 of Bobby Fisher vs. Boris Spassky world championship match in 1972. I hope he'll play white because he'll lose otherwise.

@jdreyer, thank you for the compliment

Because personal attacks make you look smart, am I right? But you know, I don't need to stoop to your level mate and I won't because I'm a better person than that. I think instead of playing "chess" and spending money on EA's latest spew I'll play classics like Bad Company 2, one of the last good games EA made, or indie titles from studios that actually try to make a quality product.

14. Re: etc., etc. May 26, 2018, 16:22 thecakeisalie

5. Re: etc., etc. May 26, 2018, 01:31 thecakeisalie

I had to talk to my nephews and my sister about Fortnite since they were starting to spend all their allowances on VBucks. She put a stop to it. Good on Epic for making a hit but it's turning really young kids (under 10) into microtransaction junkies.

As for BF5, nope, nope and nope. Not interested in another WW2 shooter that panders to SJWs. I'm a liberal but I like my games to be historically accurate.

News Comments > Middle-earth: Shadow of War Free Weekend
10. Re: Middle-earth: Shadow of War Free Weekend May 18, 2018, 14:47 thecakeisalie

I am not willing to forgive them putting the game out as pay-to-win with gambling boxes then only walking it back once the money started to dry up. It's a no sale for me at any price.  

News Comments > Wild West Online Begins
3. Re: Wild West Online Begins May 11, 2018, 08:03 thecakeisalie

Barebones or unfinished features, a sticker price and over-the-top microtransaction bollocks according to some of the reviews. Smells like a cash grab to me. I expect it to be dead in a few months.  

News Comments > Activision Devoting "Significant Resources" to PC Black Ops 4
14. Re: Activision Devoting May 5, 2018, 22:49 thecakeisalie

Are they still using the same copy-pasta assets and engine? I haven't bought a CoD rehash in years.

News Comments > For Honor PC Starter Edition Released
7. Re: For Honor PC Starter Edition Released Mar 15, 2018, 09:15 thecakeisalie

xXStellarDadXx wrote on Mar 14, 2018, 20:03:
thecakeisalie wrote on Mar 14, 2018, 19:09:
I didn't think any people still played this game.

It sux...

That was my impression and by the awful user reviews and by the fact that the player counts cratered hard shortly after launch. And didn't the dude that won their big tournament last year win by exploiting? LOL.

News Comments > For Honor PC Starter Edition Released
2. Re: For Honor PC Starter Edition Released Mar 14, 2018, 19:09 thecakeisalie

I didn't think any people still played this game.  

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront II Loot Crates Returning
18. Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Loot Crates Returning Jan 31, 2018, 17:30 thecakeisalie

They said microtransactions and loot crates would be back and here they are.

The people who bought this game without caring about the predatory pay-to-win before the backlash yanked it out or who just didn't GAF because it's "Star Wars" are fuckwits who are helping to turn gaming into a gold mine for Wall Street at our expense.

The people who bought it thinking that EA "learned their lesson" from the initial backlash from some consumers are idiots and are even bigger idiots if they keep playing and spend even a penny on "recurring revenue" items. You, too, are contributing to the delinquency of the video game industry since you helped make the game profitable when it really needed to fail. Badly.

I tip my virtual hat to the people who stood by their convictions and didn't buy this steaming pile. As much as I like Star Wars, I couldn't condone the fuckery that EA tried to pull initially with this game and is going to pull in some form or another soon.

News Comments > Ghost Recon Wildlands Loot Crate Plans
15. Re: Ghost Recon Wildlands Loot Crate Plans Jan 24, 2018, 17:44 thecakeisalie

Makes me glad I never bought this game. The usual excuse for "loot crates" has been "it's expensive to develop a game!". They are pretty revolting in games that don't charge for extra content, like Overwatch, but this game charges you for everything AND now they're throwing in gambling boxes just to make some extra change. It's just the usual greedy fuckery we should pretty much come to expect from all "AAA" publishers now.  

News Comments > PUBG Testing New Crates
20. Re: PUBG Testing New Crates Jan 9, 2018, 19:09 thecakeisalie

Overon wrote on Jan 9, 2018, 18:41:
Fuck loot crates. Fuck PUBG. Games are becoming vectors for pseudo gambling and software as a service and their makers are taking advantage of behavioral economics based psychological manipulation of their audience.

Yup. Worst part is that Valve/Steam facilitates the "trading" of this stuff, gets a cut and turns a blind eye while kids gamble on 3rd party sites sometimes losing skins that some nutters will pay hundreds for. We desperately need regulation on ALL gambling boxes.

PS - Valve is becoming almost as bad as EA/Activision these days. The flood of mobile pay-to-win PC ports onto Steam is insane. These "games" and asset flips are invading the PC marketplace drowning out all of the actually legitimate games that try to make a go on Steam. Valve is all to happy to take their money and peddle this shite to PC gamers. Gabe Newell needs to be called out for his greed. He's been given a pass by PC gamers for too long.

News Comments > Star Citizen Alpha 3.1 in March
5. Re: Star Citizen Alpha 3.1 in March Jan 6, 2018, 13:40 thecakeisalie

I don't regret refunding my pledge for one second. There's a reason why video games are no longer really successful on Kickstarter anymore and this is one of the big ones. IF Crytek don't sue them into oblivion, this game will still never be a fraction of what was promised due to mismanagement of time, resources and money.  

News Comments > Squadron 42 Specs and Trailer; Star Citizen Selling Tanks
17. Re: Squadron 42 Specs and Trailer; Star Citizen Selling Tanks Dec 20, 2017, 20:41 thecakeisalie

Kosumo wrote on Dec 20, 2017, 19:32:
$725 DLC - but guys, guys, this is not pay to win.

If there is never going to be a game for you to use it in, is it actually pay to win?

News Comments > Ghost Recon Wildlands Free Weekend
7. Re: Ghost Recon Wildlands Free Weekend Oct 10, 2017, 17:24 thecakeisalie

My friends have been poking me to get this but after getting burned by Ubisoft on a few of their recent games (e.g. The Division) I was reluctant. I might check it out.  

News Comments > Star Wars: Battlefront II Beta Extended
15. Re: Star Wars: Battlefront II Beta Extended Oct 10, 2017, 17:22 thecakeisalie

Gameplay more like like Call of Duty than Battlefront (original). Lots of pew pew pew pew pew. Little depth. Horrific pay-to-win microtransaction gambling boxes as bad as you see in the more shifty Free-to-Play games. No thanks. It'll be as dead as the first one within a few months.  

News Comments > Middle-earth: Shadow of War Released
23. Re: Middle-earth: Shadow of War Released Oct 10, 2017, 17:15 thecakeisalie

Loot boxes and locking the true ending behind a grindwall that you can ease with real cash money make this a "no buy" for me. To those of you who can plug their nose and endorse this shameless cash grab, it's a free market. Do what you want. However, don't complain when these companies just keep getting greedier and greedier at your expense. Because that's what companies do when you let them get away with it.  

News Comments > Star Wars: Battlefront II Multiplayer Beta Opens
24. Re: Star Wars: Battlefront II Multiplayer Beta Opens Oct 6, 2017, 18:04 thecakeisalie

The microtransactions and getting fucked over in the first game make this a "no buy GI" game for me.  

News Comments > Middle-earth: Shadow of War Warmonger Trailer
4. Re: Middle-earth: Shadow of War Warmonger Trailer Oct 2, 2017, 17:31 thecakeisalie

CJ_Parker wrote on Oct 2, 2017, 17:02:
If y'all want to support this lootbox microtransaction scam then please do it all-out and preorder the gold version for $99.99 on Steam directly. I mean why hold back? Just do it! You know you want to.

This is pretty much why I'm not buying it. The regular game will no doubt be designed as such a grindfest as to "encourage" you to buy the microtransaction pay-to-win loot boxes (like Dead Space 3 was or maybe even worse). If you want to do their online ranked mode, you'll need to buy them to have any chance, just like people spend thousands on mobile games to "win" at any cost.

News Comments > Star Citizen Refund Story Disputed
24. Re: Star Citizen Refund Story Disputed Sep 15, 2017, 18:00 thecakeisalie

NKD wrote on Sep 15, 2017, 00:20:
Star Citizen is the Trump University of gaming.

Zing!

277 Comments. 14 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo