Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Bend, OR 04/29

Regularly scheduled events

User information for TheEmissary

Real Name TheEmissary   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname TheEmissary
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 25, 2010, 02:54
Total Comments 466 (Amateur)
User ID 55552

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ] Older >

News Comments > Black Desert Online Expands Tomorrow
2. Re: Black Desert Online Expands Tomorrow Mar 30, 2016, 10:14 TheEmissary

Ozmodan wrote on Mar 30, 2016, 09:07:
A game where you can't trade with fellow gamers and that does not have an auction house is NOT a MMO.

Pretty game, but a gankers paradise.

Not having an auction house or player trading doesn't invalidate it as an MMO. The term MMO is so loose it can mean literally anything with beyond a certain size of players. It is a persistent online world with "massive" number of players. What else would you call it.

Auction houses and player trading are just a features that people expect because of popular MMOs. To be honest its probably better that the game doesn't have it because of all the abuse and gold spam/exploiters it tends to bring.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Sunday Consolidation
4. Re: Sunday Consolidation Mar 20, 2016, 15:29 TheEmissary

Would it have been nicer to have been 1080p instead 720p? Yes but I don't see this as a big deal considering you have options such as the PC version. If the console resolution bothers you just play the Windows 10 version of the game at 1080p/4K.  

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
2. Re: Microsoft opens doors to Xbox-PlayStation cross-platform multiplayer Mar 15, 2016, 10:13 TheEmissary

CJ_Parker wrote on Mar 14, 2016, 21:50:
Good thinking there. Let the peasants mingle among themselves and keep them away from the PC master race. Me likes.

Not to burst your bubble there but Rocket League is going to support crossplay between PC, Xbox One, PS4. The Xbox spokesman made it seem like more games are going to support crossplay between the PC at the very least.

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse
7. Re: Sunday Metaverse Mar 13, 2016, 20:57 TheEmissary

Eirikrautha wrote on Mar 13, 2016, 12:44:
Lesson #1: Always pre-nup your Twitch stream!

God, our society has become to sick to live...

They didn't sign a pre-nup but they signed a 5-year non-compete. Its a bit messy to tell you the truth. I am kind of surprised the judged didn't just force them to dissolve the LLC considering they both were founders. The value of the "Company" is in the personality and not the channel name.

This comment was edited on Mar 13, 2016, 21:38.

News Comments > Diablo II Patch Adds OS X Support
11. Re: Diablo II Patch Adds OS X Support Mar 11, 2016, 22:12 TheEmissary

IT would be nice if you could provide an official/non-greymarket way of buying Warcraft: Orcs vs Human that works on modern Operating systems as well. The Windows versions of Warcraft II and III need some attention as well considering the cinematics barely work or have washed out colors.  

News Comments > Op Ed
14. Re: Op Ed Mar 7, 2016, 23:27 TheEmissary

What ultimately drove the adoption of the PC as a platform was the fact that it was open and modular. If you start limiting the types of allowed software and hardware what is the point. I really don't want to see the desktop or laptop side of PC gaming turn in to what Apple ecosystem is like right now.

I have no problem with Microsoft making a walled garden for their specialty devices like the consoles and tablets. The Desktop and Laptop form factors need to be preserved to allow for content creation.

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Mar 6, 2016, 16:53 TheEmissary

Man Youtube bitrate or quality settings have really nose dived. That video was pretty much a blurry mess. All the same It looked very impressive for a mod/indie team. Its going to be a shame when the inveitable cease and desist order comes from Disney.

They really should take what they have made and create something original but in the style of KOTOR.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
10. Re: Evening Metaverse Mar 5, 2016, 23:46 TheEmissary

Network TV did themselves in with how poor the content has become. Did we really need 3/4 of all the new shows to be cheap reality shows about fake survivial shows, celebrity dance offs, talent shows, or reality shows about people that don't deserve the attention and so on. I was pretty selective or outright avoiding some networks prior to netflix gaining traction. Adding insult to injury you have the ever rising cable bill soaring in to $100's for very little actual content among the junk channels that are forced because of bundling.

I am glad that that most of the premium networks like HBO, Showtime and the like are stand alone or addons for Hulu or amazon video.

News Comments > Mass Effect Andromeda Delayed
37. Re: Mass Effect Andromeda Delayed Mar 3, 2016, 08:12 TheEmissary

Comet wrote on Mar 2, 2016, 17:58:
This is vaporware.
Game is going to fail.

Come on. The game has been in development since end of 2012.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mass_Effect:_Andromeda

In 2014 they only had some concept footage to show. And now the game is being delayed to 2017. (5-6 years in development)

Come on people. It is obvious that they were too ambitious. Mass Effect Andromeda is rumored to allow planet exploration and traveling across the galaxy.

The game should be out by now

I really doubt Mass Effect Andromeda is going to allow for seamless exploration along the the lines of No Man's Sky. It will probably be the same type of exploration we had in Mass Effect 1 and StarWars Knights of the Old Republic. Remember the Mako?

The real reason they are going with a new galaxy is because not enough time has passed to tell anything other than a reaper or post-reapers story. They also wrote themselves in a corner as well. The new galaxy lets them start fresh with new aliens and the like.

News Comments > Mass Effect Andromeda Delayed
31. Re: Mass Effect Andromeda Delayed Mar 2, 2016, 18:14 TheEmissary

Cabezone wrote on Mar 2, 2016, 11:59:
The shit ending of 3 doesn't change the fact that for 99.9% of the trilogy it was telling great stories. It did suck all the wind out of me wanting to play again but I'm not much on replaying games anyway. The entire 3rd game was wrapping up the stories and it did them all incredibly well. I do get why it's what people remember most tho.

If the last bite of pie has poo in it, you ain't gonna remember how awesome the rest was.

The game series was great until the ending. I was expecting something more involved than a "War resources" progress bar and three re-skinned ending cutscenes. I was expecting some story branching to ultimately show the outcome of three games of choices. Anything really.

BTW, I thought Deus ex Human revolution was just as bad with the ending as well. Push one of three buttons to see ending.

This comment was edited on Mar 2, 2016, 19:58.

News Comments > Gears of War: Ultimate Edition Released for Windows 10
24. Re: Gears of War: Ultimate Edition Released for Windows 10 Mar 2, 2016, 17:38 TheEmissary

HorrorScope wrote on Mar 2, 2016, 16:15:
Do you think there are competing forces in MS, one that states it wants the PC to be a focus again and then the Xbone division that perhaps rather not. So they go out an do a crappy version for the PC (against what their superiors really want) so when it flops they turn around and go "SEE?".

I don't think you can really make any judgement based on a 10 year old game. The real test is going to be if Quantum Break and the Killer Instinct Season 3 DLC sells on PC.

News Comments > Gears of War: Ultimate Edition Released for Windows 10
23. Re: Gears of War: Ultimate Edition Released for Windows 10 Mar 2, 2016, 17:36 TheEmissary

Icewind wrote on Mar 2, 2016, 14:18:
They want a 6 core processor running at 3.5ghz? No f'ing way. That's pure insanity. Those graphics are 2006 quality at best, and even if they somehow were modernized, why would it have requirements higher than that of Witcher 3 or Crysis 3?

It's getting downvoted/rated into oblivion anyway.

The thing you have to consider with the Windows Store is the recommended requirements are for 4K. I bet you won't need anything remotely close to that. They revised the Quantum Break requirements to include a recommended for 1080p which were more modest.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
4. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Mar 2, 2016, 16:52 TheEmissary

Wow Those .99 cent songs really break the bank for some Millionaires. I really don't get this or when some actors shoplift. They can easily afford it and then some.  

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
4. Re: Evening Consolidation Mar 2, 2016, 00:15 TheEmissary

CJ_Parker wrote on Mar 1, 2016, 22:39:
"PC gaming is as important as its ever been in the company,” he said. “Windows is a critical franchise. Over 40% of the people running Windows 10 are playing games. We want to work hand in hand with our partners to make sure we have the best platform we can have.”

^ Phil Spencer

The ESL should really run a contest on who is the biggest lying shitbag of the gaming universe some time. Contestants: Christ Roberts and Phil Spencer. Award: A lifetime supply of grade A bullshit.

They never said what kind of games. I can see the number being that high if you include games like solitaire/minesweeper or candy crush. IF that number was for AAA games then I agree that it is likely false.

News Comments > etc., etc.
1. Re: etc., etc. Mar 2, 2016, 00:09 TheEmissary

As much as I appreciate the effort to save storage space and eliminating the disc switching this creates another headache. That headache being that this game will likely be unplayable on day one because of the servers being overloaded. Not to mention this eliminates the possibility of playing/watching this game offline.  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
7. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Feb 29, 2016, 16:50 TheEmissary

Cutter wrote on Feb 29, 2016, 12:29:
Pigeon wrote on Feb 29, 2016, 11:15:
Ah good ole over reaction; helping people deal with tragic events by severely punishing people involved in unrelated events for the last 10,000+ years.

In every sane country that's an overreaction. Given the US sees mass-shootings on a daily basis it's not. If something had gone down and it came out they knew about it and failed to react they'd be up shit creek. They really don't have a lot of choice in the matter for scenarios like this. Besides, even as a joke that's the sort of thing that warrants a parents attention.

I could understand if they interviewed the person that made the post and then decided the severity of the punishment. The fact they are charging her with a crime means she will likely have a hard time getting in to college or even a job. This will follow her around. I can see a suspension or some type of counseling to explain why it was wrong.

I still have to wonder why a 12 year-old even has a smart phone and an account for instagram. I thought the bare minimum was 13.

This comment was edited on Feb 29, 2016, 16:56.

News Comments > WW1 Battlefield 5 in October? [Updated]
8. Re: WW1 Battlefield 5 in October? Feb 26, 2016, 11:19 TheEmissary

World War 1 has never really been done all that well in a video game. It sounds cool until you realize it was mostly trench warfare and aircraft and tanks played vastly different roles. All the same I am ready for a theme change be it alt history, other war theaters (WWI or Korea), or future (sequel for 2142).

News Comments > etc., etc.
2. Re: etc., etc. Feb 23, 2016, 23:54 TheEmissary

Cutter wrote on Feb 23, 2016, 20:52:
Steam Dev says why he thinks his game is worth $20 and others disagree.

Film at 11.

Not only that but its an early access product which also has some pretty polarizing opinions as well. I have no problem with a developer charging what ever they want if the game is complete and out of beta. The market will ultimately decide what its worth.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
9. Re: Morning Metaverse Feb 23, 2016, 13:59 TheEmissary

descender wrote on Feb 23, 2016, 13:08:
I have a hard time believing that anyone couldn't make the $100 worth of 2-day shipping pay off in a year.

If you shift your bulk purchasing of house supplies to Amazon, there is almost no way you wouldn't make back your money and also save money in the long run. Detergent, TP/PaperTowels, oils (olive, canola, motor), soaps/cleaners... it adds up way faster than you expect. If you have a pet it's even easier to recoup the up-front cost. Just between cats and house supplies we get 2-3 huge boxes delivered per month... and then we also buy stuff we want.

If I used Amazon like a Walmart replacement then yes Prime makes plenty of sense. IF you only use it to buy maybe 3-5 physical goods then it doesn't really make a whole lot of sense.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
7. Re: Morning Metaverse Feb 23, 2016, 11:58 TheEmissary

Armengar wrote on Feb 23, 2016, 11:36:
since amazon upped the free shipping the first time I end up buying the same stuff off ebay these days. No way in hell i'll be bothering after the next hike.

The next hike will probably be 59.99 or the cost of a video game. Pretty much at that point there might as well not even be free shipping. Concerning how close the local brick/mortar stores are pricing things now its not always a given that Amazon will be the cheapest. Not to mention if you live in a state where Amazon collects the sales tax even less so. The Free Shipping was pretty much one of the few things that even make using the site worth while.

Amazon really has become inconsistent with the free or even low paid shipping options. I preordered a few things from them in the last year and received things late by a few days but they upgraded the shipping to overnight or 2-day shipping. I use amazon as a whole too sporadically for the cost of prime to ever make sense.

466 Comments. 24 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo