Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

User information for TheEmissary

Real Name TheEmissary   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname TheEmissary
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 25, 2010, 02:54
Total Comments 504 (Apprentice)
User ID 55552

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Interviews
16. Re: Evening Interviews Mar 23, 2019, 10:33 TheEmissary

Mordhaus wrote on Mar 23, 2019, 03:10:
jamiedj99 wrote on Mar 23, 2019, 02:19:
Parallax Abstraction wrote on Mar 22, 2019, 21:49:
jamiedj99 wrote on Mar 22, 2019, 20:46:
no need for links just exit the program and run your game from the short cut not sure how I can dummy it down for you. I don't have Epic Store Run in the background while I play games sold in the Epic Store. Second Be self-informed you have heard of a google search before asking a stupid question. So in the end that my final answer Bob!

Just tested this with two of the free games I got from Epic. You are wrong. Maybe do your own test before telling people to do a Google search and looking stupid.

did you do a google search to be informed on how to do it properly or did you just bumble-"F" your way through it?

How about you do some research and find out that even if you close the service, it pulls a epic (snerk) fuckton of info each time it is force started to launch a game?

https://www.reddit.com/r/PhoenixPoint/comments/b0rxdq/epic_game_store_spyware_tracking_and_you/

That is the same shit the Origin client did before people called them on it. Maybe instead of shilling or fanboi-ing for epic, you can help them by calling them out on their bullshit?

The simple fact is that right now they are more concerned about gaining market share than doing the right thing. If you are all into that, good for you, but don't get your panties in a wad if some of us don't like it. Especially since epic and sweeney have some shady ties to totalitarian governments to be concerned with too.

Its also 2019 and most people are now sensitive to what applications are doing behind their backs. Just because Origin might have done it nearly a decade ago doesn't make it right.

The fact they went around a valid api method and scrapped data directly from a private file from another application says lot about what kind of company they are. The way they went about this disrespects the consumer.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > More Epic Games Store Exclusives Include PC Heavy Rain, Beyond: Two Souls, and Detroit: Become Human
39. Re: More Epic Games Store Exclusives Include PC Heavy Rain, Beyond: Two Souls, and Detroit: Bec Mar 20, 2019, 23:37 TheEmissary

I would rather buy games from any other launcher but EPIC at the moment. I just don't like how they are approaching competition.

I have zero issues with buying games from B.net,origin,GOG, or even the Windows Store. I don't object first party exclusives. Its bait the switch or pulled exclusives that are annoying me.

I'll buy Outer Worlds on the Windows store. I don't really feel like funding Epic with this attitude.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
8. Re: Evening Tech Bits Feb 27, 2019, 08:17 TheEmissary

I still can't believe the group that governs USB spec allowed all this confusion in the first place.The technology behind the new USB version is sound but the branding of it horrible. I think at this point with manufacturers not following the spec or crappy cabling they should just start fresh.

BTW, I agree USB should be treated like how SATA is marketed by the speed.

News Comments > The Division 2 Blows Off Steam; Specs Revealed
16. Re: The Division 2 Blows Off Steam; Specs Revealed Jan 9, 2019, 21:17 TheEmissary

Slick wrote on Jan 9, 2019, 21:01:
Anyone else think it's weird that Anthem and the Div2 are coming out so close together? Whyyy!? They attract the same gamers, the ones that are tired of Destiny 2 already. Why are they competing for half of this pie, when one of them could wait 6 months and get the whole pie?

I'm sure there's some beancounter reasons as to why, but it doesn't pass the smell test. Just seems stupid. One of these games will probably fail miserably, as once popular opinion is in, all these genre gamers will just on one ship or the other.

If it was offline, then who cares, launch now and people can still buy in a year and its the same shit. But these are both online co-op games. Once the server populations decline, the game snowballs into death. The best time to play online games IMO is the first 3 months after launch. Sure they're at their most buggy, but the player count is at it's highest, matchmaking works at its best, and you're not going up against people who are much more experienced.

There might be some overlap but I think the settings are different enough to appeal to different people. Just as an example I have next to no interest in Division 2 considering I didn't like much about the first game. I might be willing to give Anthem a try considering I didn't hate the last couple Bioware games.

News Comments > The Division 2 Blows Off Steam; Specs Revealed
2. Re: The Division 2 Blows Off Steam; Specs Revealed Jan 9, 2019, 18:43 TheEmissary

I hope this motivates Valve to make games again instead of service platforms. I think in the end Steam will probably match the percentages.  

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
3. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Dec 31, 2018, 00:03 TheEmissary

eRe4s3r wrote on Dec 30, 2018, 20:55:
RedEye9 wrote on Dec 30, 2018, 19:25:
1070ti performance and only 6gb of ram for $350. nGreedia is insane
pass

Nvidia shot themselves in the foot by going for RT without making it platform agnostic. If AMD and NVIDIA competed in the RT realm then games would support it far more. As it is, Nvidia just brings another technology to the graveyard with a card nobody needs, since even a 1070 OC exceeds or reaches equal performance AND has more VRAM

The RayTracing API is sort of agnostic, but Nvidia doesn't really point that out in the marketing. What they are using is an extension to the DirectX API (DXR).

DirectX Raytracing and the Windows 10 October 2018 Update

AMD could support DXR games if they release hardware to support the api.

News Comments > Battlefield V: TTK TTK Changes
14. Re: Battlefield V: TTK TTK Changes Dec 18, 2018, 10:20 TheEmissary

Beamer wrote on Dec 18, 2018, 10:05:
TheEmissary wrote on Dec 18, 2018, 09:13:
Instead of normalizing things back to one hit kill.

It would be nice to see future games factor in localized damage. If your taking damage in your arm it should affect your aiming. If you get damaged in the legs it should affect your movement speed. Or they can reintroduce bleed-out mechanics. Suddenly the Medic class would have a purposed if it was the only class that can fix critically injured limbs or stop a bleed-out.

Games, or mods, have tried this. It isn't fun. Being unable to run or aim is miserable. You won't get any kills that way, so what's the purpose? Everyone would rather respawn and be a viable opponent than flop around wounded and hindered.

What is the reason people play "Hardcore" some of the arguments thrown out there is realism. In reality we aren't cyborg/robots.

I am sure with playtesting a happy medium can be found. Its silly regardless to think that tweaking TTK is the only solution.

News Comments > Battlefield V: TTK TTK Changes
11. Re: Battlefield V: TTK TTK Changes Dec 18, 2018, 09:13 TheEmissary

Instead of normalizing things back to one hit kill.

It would be nice to see future games factor in localized damage. If your taking damage in your arm it should affect your aiming. If you get damaged in the legs it should affect your movement speed. Or they can reintroduce bleed-out mechanics. Suddenly the Medic class would have a purposed if it was the only class that can fix critically injured limbs or stop a bleed-out.

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
3. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Nov 4, 2018, 15:02 TheEmissary

necrosis wrote on Nov 4, 2018, 11:24:
Video Games Are a Waste of Time? Not for Those With E-sports Scholarships.

E-Sport scholarships? Are you fucking kidding me? This shit is real?

You have to wonder of degrees or life-skills these people will have after their e-Sports career ends.

Of all the things Universities should be spend their money on and this is what they choose.

News Comments > Sunday Interviews
1. Re: Sunday Interviews Nov 4, 2018, 14:56 TheEmissary

Do the advertising/publisher people ever learn? Did they not learn from the mistakes that EA made with Command and Conquer: Rivals, which is another Mobile game spun from a PC franchise.

Blizzard has no one to blame but themselves for this one. The signs were all there. You have a game with a large following desperate for any news about a main line title. Not to mention this company likes to toy with the fanbase, so yeah it was a powder keg waiting to happen.

News Comments > Warcraft III: Reforged Announced
24. Re: Warcraft III: Reforged Announced Nov 4, 2018, 12:08 TheEmissary

I am not a fan of the retcon they are doing to the reforged edition so they can fix story problems with World of Warcraft. I don't really like the idea of tampering with the plot or modifying the story like Lucas did with the StarWars Films.

An example of what I am talking about is the "Culling of Strathholm" mission. They talked about changing the layout and character of that mission to fit with MMO's depiction of the events.

News Comments > More Red Dead Redemption 2 PC Hints
13. Re: More Red Dead Redemption 2 PC Hints Oct 28, 2018, 17:05 TheEmissary

Rilcon wrote on Oct 28, 2018, 14:58:
Game takes an age to leave the tutorial section (not just the area), and a fair number of mechanics are still being dripfed for hours afterward. Once you start exploring on your own, even before the "real" game starts, it really shines; being able to just wander about and hunt things or mess with NPCs is great.

Anyone that was into RDR will love it. Anyone expecting GTA in the west will be sorely disappointed; it's far slower and grounded.

Also you can pet dogs.

As for this post, gotta remember that that most game engines these days are made to be platform agnostic. It's perfectly possible R* has plans for a PC game that uses the same engine and mobile companion app. Or it could just be meant for connecting to test machines, because the game was tested (and obviously developed) on PC. I'd love a PC version, just wouldn't hold my breath for it.

GTA5 had a lengthy Tutorial segment too. The intro Heist that was pretty linear to getting to know the characters.

If its even remotely like the first game I will like it.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
6. Re: Morning Tech Bits Sep 20, 2018, 15:15 TheEmissary

This is an important advance in terms of Real-Time Ray Tracing. Prior to this it was done almost exclusively on on the CPU.

Its true that you can simulate or fake a number of effects but only to a point. It might sound counter-intuitive but its possible at a certain complexity its not as computationally efficient to rasterize the effects. Its possible to get good performance with Ray Tracing with various acceleration structures or search/culling techniques.

I think where we are tech wise with RTRT is no different than when the first accelerated GPUs first started doing (T&L) transform and lighting. Then a bit later people made similar claims against per-pixel shading compared with per-vertex or fixed pipeline shading.

News Comments > A Typo Broke Aliens Colonial Marines AI?
3. Re: A Typo Broke Aliens Colonial Marines AI? Jul 14, 2018, 12:45 TheEmissary

Its totally believable something like this could have gone undetected. Its easy to write code albeit wrong that compiles and throws no errors.

If the development was rushed they may have cut out the unit tests or quality assurance testing. The other thought is maybe the code being called was a stub/placeholder and they forgot to update the configuration file.

News Comments > Battlefield V in October
45. Re: Battlefield V in October May 24, 2018, 19:11 TheEmissary

Osc8r wrote on May 24, 2018, 18:32:
theglaze wrote on May 24, 2018, 15:00:
TBH, if any FPS franchise could actually present a solid Battle Royale mode... it's this one!

Massive Maps and player count = A cornerstone of the franchise
Vehicles = Have your pick
Gun-play depth = Miles ahead of the other popular titles
Parachutes = Just pull the cord

Add in artillery barrages or gas attacks to simulate the safe zone, and they'd have the best Battle Royale mode on the market...

I guess we'll just have to settle for the normal BF experience: random public lobbies with ridiculously skilled team hogging the best vehicle (which no one can kill) and the endless cycle of spawn kiling.

Can't wait Blank

Exactly. Once they get disappointing sales and see all the continued success in the BR market hopefully they will wake up and do something different to the same old tired formula they've used for the past 15 years or so.

Battlefield does need innovation for its gameplay modes but it doesn't need to follow the BR trend. There are so many ways they could go such as dynamically changing objectives and scenarios. In my mind its hard to rationalize the existence of a mode that eliminates the teamplay for RNG free for all.

News Comments > Battlefield V Reveal Hype
27. Re: Battlefield V Reveal Hype May 21, 2018, 08:38 TheEmissary

rawbelly wrote on May 20, 2018, 14:51:
This may not make sense to many people, but I haven't even felt like playing a BF game since they took out runways. The idea of spawning in a plane is just ridiculous to me. Fighting over planes and strafing runways WAS Battlefield. Back in my day you had to earn your plane! You whippersnappers and your instant gratification

I kind of feel the same way as you do. You have to manage your ammo as a foot soldier so why don't you have to manage your vehicle armaments. I do miss the immersion of being able to jump in a vehicle sitting on the map. Its not likely to ever come back.

13. Re: Battlefield V Reveal Hype May 20, 2018, 19:54 TheEmissary

DangerDog wrote on May 20, 2018, 16:22:
New Setting?

The only setting they haven't really conquered is a modern war in the U.S., there was an expansion pack for BF2 and the ending of Bad Company 2 teased at Russia attacking the US with a few US based maps but nothing on a grand scale of fighting on the streets of San Francisco or New York.

They sort of did this with the BF2 expansion Armored Fury. Granted it was more Midwestern or suburban settings. The concept was done more or less.

I am more interested in fictional settings or alternative realities. I would love to have a proper campaign centered on the conflict in BF2142.

12. Re: Battlefield V Reveal Hype May 20, 2018, 19:49 TheEmissary

Undih wrote on May 20, 2018, 18:25:
No Battle Royal bandwagon mode?

I have no problem with PUBG and Fortnite doing the Battle Royale thing. Those games do the concept well. I have a problem with developers trying to ride the wave and cram it in to games or places it makes very little sense.

Why force a lone wolf game play mode in a game built around teamwork. I would be hugely disappointed if resources are taken away from the main modes for it. I would rather DICE try something original if possible that makes the series unique.

Don't pull a Fortnite and ignore your original game concept.

News Comments > Steam Spy Ending Due to Steam Privacy Changes
39. Re: Steam Spy Ending Due to Steam Privacy Changes Apr 12, 2018, 07:42 TheEmissary

Bub wrote on Apr 12, 2018, 07:14:
So Steam noticed that many online multiplayer games in its catalog are not selling anymore since potential buyers can easily see that a game only has a handful of daily players. Also Steam is getting into that old greedy, share cropping landlord huff over outside sites monetizing its public player game data without giving Steam a cut.

Plenty of people have told steam just how clunky their wish list and personal catalog are, and they recently just made them even more primitive, while sites like Is There Any Deal, offer a superior wish list and personal catalog management suite.

Won't surprise me if Steam's next move is to neuter the whole player reviews scheme. About half the games now in my Steam Queue have mostly negative reviews which helps me avoid those turkeys.

This is about privacy. They haven't taken down their Anonymous stats concerning hardware profiles, traffic/bandwidth, top played games. http://store.steampowered.com/stats/ The games not selling anymore would drop off that page.

Valve is well within their rights to lock off an API that is used to scrap information from user profiles.

News Comments > Sea of Thieves System Requirements
15. Re: Sea of Thieves System Requirements Feb 13, 2018, 13:38 TheEmissary

HorrorScope wrote on Feb 13, 2018, 11:22:
That's a nice grid to lay it all out.

540P though? That's a number born from, who the hell knows.

Laptops especially on the low to med end of the spectrum still use resolutions like 1366 vs 768. That resolution might be closer to 720p than 540p but we are forgetting about the sad state the integrated graphics are in. Factor in Interlacing also who knows.

Take a look at the benchmarks for the iGPU they recommend for 540p.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Intel-Iris-Graphics-540.149939.0.html

This comment was edited on Feb 13, 2018, 15:14.

504 Comments. 26 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo