Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Zoom

Real Name Zoom   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 9, 2010, 09:02
Total Comments 296 (Amateur)
User ID 55511

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ] Older >

News Comments > BATTLETECH in April
8. Re: BATTLETECH in April Feb 28, 2018, 06:48 Zoom

Harebrained track record is excellent so far, and they seem to have a policy similar to CDPR. We'll see upon release, there's nothing CJ says that is based on any kind of fact (i'm a backer of BT and had access to beta...).
Everything about BT is very promising so far... Looking forward to Pillars of Eternity Deadfire too, loved the first one (even though difficulty was hit n miss, not a biggie since it could be adjusted in game).

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Trump Calls Out Video Games
169. Re: Trump Calls Out Video Games Feb 24, 2018, 16:26 Zoom

Quboid wrote on Feb 24, 2018, 15:39:
They're also armed with knives. Checkmate, hypocrite.
Yeah right. Let's see FBI crime figures quickly here.
Deaths in 2016 by guns (firearms, handguns, rifles, etc.): 11004
Deaths in 2016 by knives or cutting instruments: 1604
Who's the hypocrite ?

Let's put it otherwise.
Gun deaths per mil. in the US: 31.2
in Germany: 2.1
in France: 2.0
in Japan (strong gun ban): 0.1

The USA is on par with 3rd world countries that are experiencing civil war, or Mexico where there are drug wars raging. At the moment the rest of civilized world is looking at you like the retarded bullies that you are..

News Comments > etc.
2. Re: etc. Feb 24, 2018, 14:45 Zoom

What's even sadder is they have to dedicate research funds and time to state what's obvious to everyone else...  

159. Re: Trump Calls Out Video Games Feb 24, 2018, 04:39 Zoom

Luke wrote on Feb 24, 2018, 04:38:
They also have knives
For killing people, that's a last resort solution. They are mostly utilitarian...

157. Re: Trump Calls Out Video Games Feb 24, 2018, 04:37 Zoom

jdreyer wrote on Feb 24, 2018, 04:30:
Japan has had guns (and swords!) banned for 150 years with a few narrow restrictions. Result: single digit gun deaths per year. Murder rate is one of the lowest in Western world. No genocide.
Yeah Japan is an interesting example.
Also I have been in Hong Kong, where guns are so heavily banned that even the mobsters have to resort to knives and such, and what's interesting in a city so densely populated and with such extreme diversity in origins and fortune vs poverty, is it has the lowest crime rate in the world.
So yeah i know it's going down now that Beijing are bringing back the oppressive regime (or trying to).. And know what, i heavily doubt that the population having guns would change anything to that.
Figures are low in Europe too, they are just brought up by terrorism which is a really different issue altogether.

155. Re: Trump Calls Out Video Games Feb 24, 2018, 04:33 Zoom

NicklePop wrote on Feb 23, 2018, 20:08:
The point wasn't "terrorism" vs. "school shooter" (both terrorism no?)
You have not the slightest idea what terrorism is about. Just shut up.

The purpose of an AR-15 (I own one) is to shoot targets at a range, hunt, compete in shooting events. Are you making the argument that the MILLIONS of AR-15s were purchased for murder?
Yes. We do have sports rifles here too, definitely, and they are NOT automatic weapons (actually most of them are even manually loaded), they are NOT loaded with ammo meant for killing people, and they are even NOT free to buy for anyone since you have to get a proper licence to own one, which is not available to just everyone (you have to be part of a sports club at least). You are comparing a warfare weapon, with what amounts to pop guns (i know, biathlon rifles and such are quite better than pop guns, but still..).

AR-15 = normal semi-automatic rifle, though it does look a bit scary, eh?
Yep. Who needs that but the military, SWAT, and murderers ? What's wrong with a bolt action, low caliber sports rifle, meant for shooting targets in a sports club ? Oh btw here if you do own such a rifle: quite often the ammo stays at the sports club...

The solution is for parents to stop getting divorced or having children out of wedlock, stop using emotion suppressing drugs, and teach positive moral philosophy rather than leave children to violent unsupervised entertainment.
Yeah also you should forbid poverty, which leads to these difficult conditions. Oh dont forget a ban/tax on violent videogames.

152. Re: Trump Calls Out Video Games Feb 24, 2018, 04:22 Zoom

jdreyer wrote on Feb 24, 2018, 04:14:
That's why truck killings and poisonings are so much rarer than mass killings with rifles.
That's also why i'm pushing him to give actual figures, and why he'll steer away from that every time, because actual terrorism figures (which is what that truck driver was about btw, not a random psychopath like in the US school shootings) are incredibly low if we compare them to gun deaths in the US.

jdreyer wrote on Feb 24, 2018, 02:52:
Yeah, so funny when a goddamn high school senior tries to pin Rubio down on not taking anymore NRA money and he waffles, equivocates, and obfuscates. The truth laid bare. By a high school student no less.
LOL that was almost painful to watch, how badly he tried to manoeuver his way out of a simple "yes or no" question. Did he fool anyone out there ? Because from here it's hilarious...

120. Re: Trump Calls Out Video Games Feb 23, 2018, 19:53 Zoom

NicklePop wrote on Feb 23, 2018, 19:32:
Why are you identifying a gun with mass murder?
Watch the news in the last 19 years ? Do you receive news other than Fox News in your current basement / park trailer / bridge ?

Millions of guns and only a handful of mass murder events.
Define "a handful". If we count mass murder events in the USA for the last 20 years, that's quite a bit more than "a handful" unless you're a mutant with hundreds of fingers.

Isn't the formula male w/ single parents on opiates?
oh and he's playing video games. Dont forget video games. Seems very important too. Dont look at the assault rifle.

Without "inanimate object X" t7hat same individual will use "inanimate object Y" (car-weapon mass murders in France, UK, Germany, 30 killed in mass-stabbing attack in China last week, bombings, poisonings, etc)
HERE you dropped the gauntlet. At last. I've been asking you for figures. Still missing. Also you're mixing up terrorism in there, i know you're not familiar with that. Still, let's count all violent deaths in Europe for the 20 years, and compare them (let's do a per capita ratio shall we) with the USA. Please, go on, continue your argument.
(edit) side note: a car is meant for transportation. Please tell me o Wise One, what an AR15 is meant for ?

118. Re: Trump Calls Out Video Games Feb 23, 2018, 19:31 Zoom

NicklePop wrote on Feb 23, 2018, 19:27:
To debunk my argument you'll need to show how the sub-groups defenseless position would not have been helped by having access to guns.

confiscation -> defenseless -> empowered state and the identified sub-group enemy is the pattern.
Because it's well known that armed people were good at resisting the Nazi army. Ask the SA for instance. Oops ? Or french and british armies at Dunkirk. Or about anyone in Europe actually in the 1930's. Oopsie ? Oh and the confiscation you mention is about the Jews. I'm not sure i want to make a connection here with the present events of a gun nut buying *legally* an AR15 and just going to shoot his (former) school mates for the fun of it. Is there ?

116. Re: Trump Calls Out Video Games Feb 23, 2018, 19:24 Zoom

NicklePop wrote on Feb 23, 2018, 19:17:
And numbers wise, drugs, drunk driving, McDonalds are far more destructive; start with the big ticket items and maybe eventually get to removing my right to own a gun. (someone who will never harm another person)
Ook we get it you want your metal penis, right.
But know that drunk driving, and drugs are heavily punished by law.
Even in the shithole USA carrying cocaine around or recklessly driving while drunk is a one way ticket for jail.
In civilized countries, walking around with an AR15 (without being part of the military...) would land you directly in jail, BEFORE they'd even start asking questions why you were carrying an assault weapon meant for killing a lot of people. (and given the recent terrorist attacks chances are you'd make the news too)
(edit) oh and McDonalds is more like slow motion suicide. No one forces you to eat that shit.

Again o wise one explain to us the need to carry *legally* mass murder implements ?

113. Re: Trump Calls Out Video Games Feb 23, 2018, 19:14 Zoom

NicklePop wrote on Feb 23, 2018, 18:26:
Are 300 people dying in 20 years enough to change the Constitution?
Lol. What.
Deaths by firearms in the USA in just ONE year (2015): 13,286
That's one year. Not a big one actually.
Explain why you still want to keep firearms, meant for killing people ?

NicklePop wrote on Feb 23, 2018, 19:13:
The genocides of 20C were preceded by registration.

Fairly obvious as to why
Huhhhh i think i remember clearly facts on the raise of power of Nazis in Germany, the "registration" you speak about is of Jews... As a matter of fact the Nazis were not really about gun regulation... Or were they, tell us o wise one.

97. Re: Trump Calls Out Video Games Feb 23, 2018, 17:41 Zoom

NicklePop wrote on Feb 23, 2018, 16:41:
Outlaw:
- video games
- movies
- guns
- drugs
- driving
- knives
- parenting
(...)
Soo your bucket list here means you equate say, parenting or movies, to tools which use is meant for killing people. Dont you see a little discrepancy, even remote ?
Says a lot on the mental health state of the population of your country (no offense to those who still can reason...).

HoSpanky wrote on Feb 23, 2018, 15:40:
Again, pro-gun people hate the idea of ANY restrictions being put on their hobby/interest/obsession. They immediately act like ANY restriction means “no guns for anyone”.
Obviously army and trained police forces still need weapons, no one said otherwise. Civilized countries work like that, and they are fine, with but a ridiculously small fraction of the gun deaths (per capita) compared to the land of eagles.
Otherwise, i wonder about the actual mental health of these gun nuts. What is so precious for them to have something meant for killing others ? Some kind of unfulfilled power fantasy ? I bet psychologists have a good run with that.

92. Re: Trump Calls Out Video Games Feb 23, 2018, 15:30 Zoom

Muscular Beaver wrote on Feb 23, 2018, 12:31:
you guys already made obvious that you dont care about a real discussion. You guys are jumping my throat for even considering it, even calling it whataboutism (the literal term that was invented by hypocrites to have the last rhetorical word) *points at Zoom and laughs* and ignoring it completely because youre so fanatically anti-gun.
LOL you do understand i'm not even from the USA and i do not give a flying shit about your politicians, right ? You do understand that i couldnt care less if you crazies kill each other in a red mist frenzy fuelled by ignorance and dogma ? I'm just pointing the obvious.
Oh and i'm not specifically "anti-gun": i'm anti-killing-innocent-people and anti-giving-killing-tools-to-absolutely-everyone. At the moment you're doing the apology for arming complete idiots, psychopaths, and extreme right wing neo nazis (for example, just to cite some "good people" your president seems to love) with assault weapons, and then said idiots etc. mass killing people for the fun of it. Cant you see this has happened so fucking many times already ? Cant you see having no gun law makes your country a retarded 3rd world shit hole ? Because that's how we, the rest of the world, see you...

Muscular Beaver wrote on Feb 23, 2018, 12:31:
So facts wont help.
Yeah right. Care to give the figures ? Just for a laugh, even if that doesnt help. Let's compare. Gun deaths (per 1000 pop.) USA vs rest of the world. I know the figures, i just want YOU to write them with your own words so i can see what kind of koolaid you're drinking here...

84. Re: Trump Calls Out Video Games Feb 23, 2018, 12:23 Zoom

Beamer wrote on Feb 23, 2018, 12:15:
Belittling the thoughts and prayersers isn't that they haven't provided a solution immediately, it's that it's 19 years since Columbine and politicians keep thinking the sole solution is "thoughts and prayers."
Well thoughts and prayers are OK with the NRA so these politicians can cash in the lobby money and show up on camera to blame videogames / big pharma / or just like they do now, just push for having even more weapons around so bullets wont fly just in one direction (the current cynicism is over the top...). All the while the rest of the world will continue to point and laugh at the US.

82. Re: Trump Calls Out Video Games Feb 23, 2018, 12:14 Zoom

Muscular Beaver wrote on Feb 23, 2018, 10:14:
Why care about guns, if its something else?
Compare the medical situations in the USA and Europe for example. I know that in Germany mentally ill people are a) not as common as in the USA, b) if they are detected, and are dangerous to others or themselves, they are locked away until they feel better, no matter the cost, c) psychotropic drugs arent handed out nearly as liberally as in the USA. Here actual psychological therapies are higher on the list than drugs.
So right now youre blaming the gun lobby and gaming lobby, but totally ignore the pharma lobby.
Ok let's put aside the laughably blatant whataboutism for a second here. You are saying that people in the USA are inherently more dangerous and mentally unstable, and under psychotropic influence. Hence, the answer seems to be MORE GUNS ! YEAHHHh that will definitely solve both mental problems and overpopulation. GO FOR IT USA. Dont forget to capture all of that on video for our entertainment.
Also for whataboutists: remind us, what exactly killed the 17 young people in that florida school ? Extreme lead poisoning ? how many shootings did you have in the USA during the last 12 months ? Compare to the amount of school shootings we had in Europe in the last 12 months (or Australia lol hi guys down under !). Please give a number, not a "but you have shootings too !", give us the actual numbers so we can point and laugh at you.

56. Re: Trump Calls Out Video Games Feb 23, 2018, 07:46 Zoom

On another perspective, i'm curious about arming all teachers, and why not students, in order to transform the USA into a giant real life Battle Royale playground. I also propose laying anti personel mines around schools and having mounted miniguns on roof corners for added fun and dakka. If you think i'm joking: just watch the GOP representatives these days, and what they proposed while on Fox News...  

53. Re: Trump Calls Out Video Games Feb 23, 2018, 07:16 Zoom

Shlork wrote on Feb 23, 2018, 07:13:
Zoom, Europe has had its own share of mass shootings in relatively recent past.
Lol no. Unless you are referring to the fictional shootings mentioned by Trump ?
We do have terrorism which is another problem entirely. School shootings are not a thing here.

Also please have a comparison between gun deaths in Europe and US. Just a rough ratio is enough...

50. Re: Trump Calls Out Video Games Feb 23, 2018, 06:46 Zoom

Dear gun advocates: how come that here in Europe (and other parts of the world) we play the very same video games, watch the very same movies, and yet no one goes for mass shootings in schools and such. Ever wondered why ?

Two word hint: gun laws.

News Comments > Assetto Corsa Competizione Announced
3. Re: Assetto Corsa Competizione Announced Feb 22, 2018, 06:46 Zoom

Tire model in Assetto was always quite good. Problem is the car weight distribution vs moment of inertia, mid engine cars will not rotate properly and just understeer at limits, all that with realistic settings for suspension etc. rFactor 2 (for example) has a much better handling model. Too bad because other aspects in Assetto Corsa were top notch, the laser scanned tracks, suspension model were really up there.  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
3. Re: Steam Top 10 Feb 19, 2018, 02:22 Zoom

I didnt expect a comparison to Gothic, is it that good ? Is the story exciting ?  

296 Comments. 15 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo