Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
San Diego, CA 08/21

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Zoom

Real Name Zoom   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 9, 2010, 09:02
Total Comments 224 (Novice)
User ID 55511

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ] Older >

News Comments > Syndicate-Inspired Cartel Revealed
20. Re: Syndicate-Inspired Cartel Revealed Sep 21, 2011, 19:54 Zoom

Please make it cyberpunk themed, and it's an instant pre-order once it's available for me.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Dead Space 3 Sighting?
10. Re: Dead Space 3 Sighting? Sep 21, 2011, 09:48 Zoom

Surf wrote on Sep 21, 2011, 02:42:
All that work for an inferior "new" IP when the exact same company owns System Shock.
Well i'm glad they didnt name it System Shock actually. Even if the first one is almost a carbon copy of SS2, it's vastly simplified on many aspects. Makes it a different game, more of a tunnel shooter and less of a "high tension FPRPG". Enjoyed it for what it is (enjoyable shooter), if it was named System Shock it would have been really disappointing.

News Comments > Op Ed
18. Re: Op Ed Sep 19, 2011, 05:31 Zoom

Dev wrote on Sep 19, 2011, 05:27:
But its a far far cry from x-com. Just because they are both turn based doesn't mean they are anything alike
True, true.
But i recall seeing the new producers say the turned based genre was dead & obsolete (it was an article here on bluesnews), which is clearly not, and the IGN article points it out too.
Given the cult status of the first turned based xcom games, a return to the roots would sell like hotcakes. Instead of that they'll release another consolized fps, probably with a cover system and tunnel maps. Sigh.

News Comments > Op Ed
16. Re: Op Ed Sep 19, 2011, 05:16 Zoom

The squad based x-com would be the 2nd best idea after keeping it just turned based.
(edit) and about turned based games, there is the excellent King's Bounty series, and the upcoming installment of Heroes of M&M. I think those sold pretty well...

News Comments > Steam Top 10
13. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 19, 2011, 05:11 Zoom

Having a blast on RO2 too. The fact is the game is quite unfinished, has random bugs and glitches, crashes, the stats are totally messed up. But it's still much enjoyable and it says a lot. If we refer to the previous installment it will take some time for it to get polished, but it's a sure thing, the support is very good.
Some glitches like close combat hit detection are a bit unnerving and should be squashed in high priority imho. Several times i emptied a whole clip of bullets into an enemy soldier at point blank, just to see him reload calmly, turn around, and headshot me. Same goes with trying to stab prone people (it doesnt work, i can confirm).
Other than that, some map glitches, lag spikes and such, nothing very serious there. The game mechanics are excellent, the way it manages cover is very good too, maps are big, detailed and memorable, the suppression and morale effects are quite good...
It will need some tuning too (removal of the experimental assault rifle from most of german side will be a good start) but i can say it is already a great game, and will be perfect in a few months when the issues are sorted out.

News Comments > Game Reviews
8. Re: Game Reviews Sep 13, 2011, 09:14 Zoom

I enjoyed SPAZ, decent game, i agree on the slightly grindy part though.
I expected a like of Star Rangers II which was great, but it's different indeed. The customization of space ships is the most fun part, the AI is maybe a bit overly aggressive (and suicidal if going against the odds) but does well in a fight, and poorly in stealth missions (better solo them !).
I logged about 40 hours on it so far, playing in a big size galaxy.

News Comments > Why the Syndicate Remake is a First-Person Shooter
56. Re: Why the Syndicate Remake is a First-Person Shooter Sep 13, 2011, 08:57 Zoom

I would LOVE a Powermonger remake. Great game. With the same sounds as original please (which were awesome on Amiga).

As for the bullcrap exposed in the article, it's the usual apologetic way of saying "we bought a license, we will milk it with our corridor / 3rd person / cover shooter engine and cheap waypoint based action".
Of course, any slightest idea of, gasp, "original gameplay" is crunched into oblivion.
Soon on your XBOX, PS3, and maybe PC if you accept to press start to play.

News Comments > Red Orchestra 2 Preloads
18. Re: Red Orchestra 2 Preloads Sep 13, 2011, 08:40 Zoom

eRe4s3r wrote on Sep 13, 2011, 04:48:
If you mean its going to be the best MP game this year then i strongly disagree, BC2 / MW3 and BF3 are all vastly more competitive targeted at MP and SP, Red Orchestra 2 barely manages to do a half-way complete MP experience.
Reminds me of a friends kid (whose father i tried to convert to RO), who tried RO1 and found it "way too hardcore" then returned to his console shooters. That's usually a good sign the game is great.
I am preloading too, i had great times on RO, i only expect the best for RO2.

News Comments > Deus Ex: Human Revolution Ships 2M
58. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution Ships 2M Sep 11, 2011, 08:29 Zoom

yuastnav wrote on Sep 10, 2011, 05:14:
M for Mega, however, is a prefix and just stands for 10^3 which is perfectly fine.
Someone skipped classes on metric...

News Comments > Deus Ex: Human Revolution Ships 2M
57. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution Ships 2M Sep 11, 2011, 08:27 Zoom

Jerykk wrote on Sep 9, 2011, 23:56:
For what it's worth, I think of 2 million when I see 2M..
and FWIW all the job offers i see here use annual salaries with.. K, not M. Yeah i'd like to earn millions too, but it wont happen.

News Comments > What's Next for Frictional?
24. Re: What's Next for Frictional? Sep 11, 2011, 08:18 Zoom

heroin wrote on Sep 10, 2011, 13:07:
I have a good feeling about Frictional though, to be me they are the next Looking Glass.
Let's see if that holds with them doing console-ready games... So far i dont think anyone can touch Looking Glass or even close, but i would really like to be wrong.

News Comments > Carmageddon Countdown
48. Re: Carmageddon Countdown May 23, 2011, 10:02 Zoom

xXBatmanXx wrote on May 23, 2011, 07:57:
Other fun game that are similar:
Rollcage
Rollcage 2
TreadMarks
Interstate '76
Interstate '82
In this list only Interstate 76 has some merit, and it was mostly because it was similar to classical mech combat, mixed with some kind of racing. Both rollcage games are bland racing games and i'82 wasnt really worth compared to the first iteration.
And none come close to the ultra violence of Carmageddon, where you HAD to be aggressively massacring pedestrians in order to avoid the "game over" message.

News Comments > Carmageddon Countdown
44. Re: Carmageddon Countdown May 23, 2011, 04:11 Zoom

I hope it's at least as good as the first game. That means, having the same features, blood, mindless violence, the splatter bonus, the idiotic transformations, vehicle deformations, wonky but coherent physics that give a feeling to each vehicle...
We'll have the answer soon, if the game is banned in several countries we know it's a success.

News Comments > Gay Character Plans: ME3 Yes, DNF No
65. Re: Gay Character Plans: ME3 Yes, DNF No May 17, 2011, 04:17 Zoom

There was an omnisexual character in DA:Origins, and you could "explore" every option with him. That didnt make any scandal or deter anyone from playing it...  

News Comments > Capsized and Demo Friday
2. Re: Capsized and Demo Friday Apr 26, 2011, 20:43 Zoom

This looks really good. Looking forward to play the demo, and probably buy it. 2D games ftw  

News Comments > etc., etc.
1. Re: etc., etc. Apr 26, 2011, 20:36 Zoom

The sales numbers of Magicka are stunning.. Very well done for a small indie game.  

News Comments > Get Your Name in BioShock Infinite
8. Re: Get Your Name in BioShock Infinite Apr 11, 2011, 10:45 Zoom

Yeah, i think the second was just milking the name and artwork portfolio. Nothing creative there. Could have been a DLC or even an expansion..  

News Comments > Portal 2 Concept Art
3. Re: Portal 2 Concept Art Apr 11, 2011, 10:41 Zoom

This whole campaign of cryptographic buzz is very amazing. It's even more amazing that they expect their potential customers to actually use their brains, which is against the usual marketing strategies today...

News Comments > Piranha Bytes Getting Gothic Back?
2. Re: Piranha Bytes Getting Gothic Back? Apr 11, 2011, 10:39 Zoom

It will be a lot of work for them to get the series name back to its past shiny status, as they established a promising new series (Risen).  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
10. Re: Steam Top 10 Apr 11, 2011, 08:47 Zoom

Had some good times on Dungeon Siege in LAN. People screaming for loot and such.. fun and rather intense. Removing multi from it is removing its main appeal.  

224 Comments. 12 pages. Viewing page 7.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo