Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL, USA, IL 01/27
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Zoom

Real Name Zoom   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 9, 2010, 09:02
Total Comments 243 (Novice)
User ID 55511

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
9. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 8, 2017, 23:08 Zoom

RedEye9 wrote on Dec 8, 2017, 19:41:
Trumpís Slurred Speech Tied to Low Battery in Putinís Remote
That was hilarious.

RedEye9 wrote on Dec 8, 2017, 20:15:
It snowed and that means global warming is fake.
That was sad

Also that ISS Lunar Transit comments make me lose faith in humanity. Are there so many complete retards ? Flat moon, really ? WTF ?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > SpellForce 3 Free Weekend Underway
6. Re: SpellForce 3 Free Weekend Underway Nov 26, 2017, 11:33 Zoom

Is it getting closer to the first game ? I remember looking for a game close to Rage of Mages (an oldie classic i liked a lot) and didnt find much, according to my searches Spellforce was the most approaching.  

News Comments > Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice Selling Well
9. Re: Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice Selling Well Nov 22, 2017, 19:01 Zoom

Bought it on first day, didnt regret. It's a very strong contender for Game Of The Year.  

News Comments > ELEX Released
23. Re: ELEX Released Oct 18, 2017, 21:09 Zoom

Gothic 2 was the better one IMHO (with full extensions indeed). That magic user path... that was really awesome. Lots of details in the world and NPC's showed they put a lot of effort in that game. Not so much with Risen 2 & 3
I really liked Risen but that game had a real slow start, though it accelerates after a while and start showing its strengths. The hand crafted island had a lot of interesting locations and stories.
I'll definitely wait on this one, this looks like another poor effort at first sight ?

News Comments > PUBG Sets New CCU Record, Bans More Players
11. Re: PUBG Sets New CCU Record, Bans More Players Oct 16, 2017, 10:49 Zoom

Do they still ban people killing streamers ? Since about half of the PUBG population is streaming it makes for a lot of bans. I personally cannot give a fuck about streamers and do not know any of them, and it seems even if you snipe some obscure twitcher he can post a complaint and get you banned for stream-sniping. Really turns me off from the game (well the bunny hopping and spray strafing did not help make a good case either..)  

News Comments > Grim Dawn: Ashes of Malmouth Released
11. Re: Grim Dawn: Ashes of Malmouth Released Oct 13, 2017, 04:12 Zoom

Quinn wrote on Oct 13, 2017, 02:27:
I was a Soldier/Nightblade with lots of talents in regeneration-by-attacks. I was a proc-king at first: basic attacks procced moves that obliterated swaths of enemies. And then I started New Game+, one difficulty up.
I got oneshotted.
The game punishes builds without any survival skills / passives. There are some almost mandatory constellations you have to pick especially with a glass cannon. The Ultimate difficulty level is the real build test, where you see if it works for real or not.
I learned the hard way too (Nightblade / Shaman build, melee dual wield, hit a wall in Ultimate) and went on to make a new build (Nightblade / Arcanist, mostly spellcaster), but that time didnt forget to take some defensive skills and i went to level 85 and finished Ultimate mode with it with no major issue.
It's not as difficult to nail a build as in PoE clearly, but you still have to do some planning ahead as respec is very limited.

And yeah there's little endgame content compared to PoE. Still it was worth 237 hours of gameplay so far, as different builds lead to very different gameplay. Didnt try the extension yet, i'm about to.

News Comments > Ruiner Released
2. Re: Ruiner Released Sep 26, 2017, 11:38 Zoom

That is looking good, like a cyberpunk Shadowgrounds ? It's going on my list...  

News Comments > Grim Dawn Sells 1M Copies
16. Re: Grim Dawn Sells 1M Copies May 25, 2017, 14:37 Zoom

I expected nothing less from the creators of Titan Quest, one of the very best ARPG series until now. Grim Dawn is really good too, i had a really good time in there both solo and with friends. Lots of very technical aspects, some dungeons will really have you drop a sweat, difficulty is brutal but fair. That's this fairness that makes one want to go further and try harder.
My steam counter says 230 hours played, i think i can add quite a few once the expansion with new act comes out...
Really happy that did sell well so Crate can continue and delight us with more ARPG goodness

News Comments > Battlezone VR Rolls Out for PCs
10. Re: Battlezone VR Rolls Out for PCs May 12, 2017, 12:23 Zoom

The racing sims and flight sims are a given.
There are a few full experience games though. Edge of Nowhere is highly enjoyable for any Lovecraft fan. Chronos is a Dark Souls-like that's pretty good too. I spend a lot of time in Pinball FX.
And of course, hundreds of hours in Elite Dangerous... although one could argue ED is not finished

News Comments > Skullstone Gets Greenlight
4. Re: Skullstone Gets Greenlight May 1, 2017, 13:49 Zoom

HorrorScope wrote on May 1, 2017, 11:15:
Yeah there are quite a few of these now, a couple bring a little something new, but it seems too many are just a new coat of paint. There are plenty of ways to take this genre further ahead vs same thing again.
So few of them are as good as the two Eye of the Beholder games though. Narration, more varied environments beat trap-based puzzles and these irritating teleporter puzzles. More atmosphere, more scenario please

News Comments > etc., etc.
7. Re: etc., etc. Apr 28, 2017, 04:04 Zoom

I am quite indifferent to be honest, if it wasnt for Bluesnews i would have never heard of her.
What's annoying though is the usual kneejerk reaction with ad hominem attacks, while no one ever addresses her arguments, which would be easy if they were so outlandish. Which makes me think that
- either gamer geeks are so sociopathic that they cant argue with a woman (quite possible honestly)
- or she does make a valid point and poeple resort to ad hominem as they're out of intelligent arguments
- or maybe a bit of both, who knows
PS: i only skimmed through a few of her videos, i dont care about the arguments themselves or what she says, i only am interested in the general gamer community reactions. Pretty unsurprising given what one can hear in an online game when someone gets identified as a woman..

News Comments > Prey System Specs
12. Re: Prey System Specs Apr 28, 2017, 03:12 Zoom

Prez wrote on Apr 27, 2017, 23:00:
The head-scratching decision to call this game "Prey" aside, it looks like it has the potential to be good. Waiting for reviews/Let's Plays.
I was under the impression it was more like a spiritual successor to System Shock, but that name is taken and SS3 is being made by former LGS guys.. I'll wait for the reviews too, if they nailed the atmosphere i'll get it definitely.

News Comments > MS Forcing Win10 on Latest CPUs?
39. Re: MS Forcing Win10 on Latest CPUs? Mar 17, 2017, 09:33 Zoom

jdreyer wrote on Mar 16, 2017, 18:45:
MajorD wrote on Mar 16, 2017, 11:20:
At this rate, Linux may be looking a nice alternative sooner than later.

Because you want to be able to run a 7-year-old version of Linux on a brand new proc?
That makes no sense on Linux as you wont have to buy a whole new operating system, and get a fresh system drive or format the existing one to put a new version on it, as upgrades are continous and free. Kernel upgrades happen frequently and are quite smooth from a user perspective (taken care of by Ubuntu for example), you just let the system update thing run until it says "done !" and that's it. Not exactly rocket science.
For the doubters try a user-friendly distro like Ubuntu, i know the linux world is fragmented and full of hostile neckbeards that will tell you to use the command line for everything, but they are just out of touch with reality. I installed that system for my parents PC years ago after spending time and time again maintaining their Windows piece of crap, and since then i heard zero complaint, it's running smoothly and updating itself without a hitch. They got used quickly to the left side bar that's by default on Unity and these top screen menus.

News Comments > Starbreeze Investing in System Shock 3
22. Re: Starbreeze Investing in System Shock 3 Mar 16, 2017, 11:57 Zoom

Agent-Zero wrote on Mar 15, 2017, 02:38:
the new Prey game looks more like a system shock 2 sequel
True. Dead Space was also an SS2 remake, down to many details. Prey looks like a cross between Dead Space and SS2, if that makes sense ?

News Comments > MS Forcing Win10 on Latest CPUs?
3. Re: MS Forcing Win10 on Latest CPUs? Mar 16, 2017, 11:11 Zoom

Should give a little nudge to Linux/Vulkan that's becoming really good now, it just needs more adoption. I play all my games on this platform unless they specifically require Windows... That skews the stats (as i got my Steam survey when running windows), but i have to say many of the recent games are available on this platform, i initially went there for Kerbal Space Program and i stayed for the others.  

News Comments > Shroud of the Avatar Free Trial
23. Re: Game Developers Choice Awards Mar 5, 2017, 02:45 Zoom

Rigs wrote on Mar 4, 2017, 19:46:
Where have all our heroes gone? Roberts, Molyneaux, Garriott, Carmack

I think about the only ones left are Sid Meir and Will Wright. I'll have to dig out my copy of PC Gamer's 'Game Gods' issue from the 90's and see who else was on there...like Jon Romero. I guess we can thank the heavens above we still have Derek Smart, eh? Wacko

=-Rigs-=
Warren Spector is still here and working on a new System Shock, even if his studio isnt called "Looking Glass" anymore. And to be honest some "new" names like CD Projekt Red are now up there and very much kicking ass and taking names. Out with the old, in with the new !

News Comments > Beyond Good and Evil Sequel Confirmed
19. Re: Beyond Good and Evil Sequel Confirmed Oct 7, 2016, 03:30 Zoom

I really hope they use a bespoke game engine and not that generic one all Ubi games seem to use. Otherwise it will feel like yet another reskin of Assassin's Creed
.. and "PROPAGANDA !!!" (cue the music)

News Comments > Robo Recall Announced
3. Re: Robo Recall Announced Oct 7, 2016, 03:25 Zoom

The Half Elf wrote on Oct 7, 2016, 00:14:
Here is an idea for (what I think would be) a decent VR Game. Base it on Marvel or DC and give the player the abilities of the characters.
Cap America, Thor, Iron Man, Hulk, hell all the Avengers would work easy. Same with the X-Men.
Someone did an "Iron Man simulator" for VR. You extend your arms and jump to start flying. People who tested it said it was awesome. It was just a proof of concept though not a full game

News Comments > Ember Released
12. Re: Ember Released Sep 11, 2016, 06:04 Zoom

This is looking good, and will be a good refresher while waiting for Divinity Original Sin 2...  

News Comments > Star Citizen Free Fly Week
37. Re: Star Citizen Free Fly Week Jul 18, 2016, 03:38 Zoom

Sho wrote on Jul 16, 2016, 16:26:
If we can dispense with the usual hyperbole, I'd be curious to hear a dispassionate take from someone who's actively following and playing it. How has it been doing lately?
No *real* sign of progress. It's still mostly an unoptimized tech demo limited to one station around one planet, with very few places to explore. The game engine itself is being rewritten (items system for example), and everything else is on very shaky foundations. Only solid thing seems to be the graphical assets, which look good, modelers and artists have done a real good job there.
Player movement is still jerky and unnaturally fast (think Quake3 rather than Arma..), and *very* glitchy (think walking through things, rubberbanding, etc.). Ship combat is hit and miss due to bugs, poor network code, and no balancing, though missiles are strangely satisfying.
There's a "shopping area" that's disconnected from the main world (have to log in a specific instance) and is an on-foot affair.
One can go through the whole contents in about 30 minutes tops including some dogfighting.
In short
- Graphics: very good
- Audio: okay-ish, nothing special, a lot of small glitches left and no in game voice chat (which would be essential for this kind of game)
- Network code: i read it's being redone from zero. It better be..
- Game engine: "persistence" has been activated through the shopping area thing. Otherwise everything is on very weak foundations or missing altogether.
That's it, come back next year to see if they manage to fix the network code...

243 Comments. 13 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo