Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter
User information for wrlwnd

Real Name wrlwnd   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname wrlwnd
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 25, 2010, 16:22
Total Comments 167 (Novice)
User ID 55483

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ] Older >

News Comments > Op Ed

3. Re: Op Ed Nov 11, 2019, 16:48 wrlwnd

I hope Epic sticks to their guns and continues to uphold the ban.

The entitlement of not only this kid but those supporting him is ridiculous. They act like it's okay for him to cheat, since it's part of a career. Spoiled idiots.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Pro Fortnite Player Banned

21. Re: Pro Fortnite Player Banned Nov 4, 2019, 16:20 wrlwnd

jdreyer wrote on Nov 4, 2019, 15:27:
Surprised that no has protested that Epic is violating his "First Amendment rights."

Huh?

He's free to cry like a baby all he wants.

News Comments > EA Games Returning to Steam

77. Re: EA Games Returning to Steam Oct 30, 2019, 12:35 wrlwnd

RedEye9 wrote on Oct 30, 2019, 12:18:
wrlwnd wrote on Oct 30, 2019, 12:04:
Slick wrote on Oct 29, 2019, 20:59:
You're officially a fucking moron for buying a game on Steam that then links you to have to play it through Origin. Same with games Ubisoft games sold on Steam requiring Uplay.

You're literally giving the companies who MADE the fucking games LESS money so that you can have MORE inconvenience. While GabeN just
adds another integer to his account balance.

Prove me wrong.

What part of not wanting your credit card on multiple download services don't you understand?

F*&king m-word.
Narrowing that attack vector, you must be so proud. For xmas does you g-ma knit you sweaters w/the words:
Securely Smug
(but still uses the coffee shops open wifi)

LOL

You quote "fucking moron" for his post and "F*&king m-word" for mine.

Brilliant!

News Comments > EA Games Returning to Steam

75. removed Oct 30, 2019, 12:04 wrlwnd

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Oct 31, 2019, 00:22.

News Comments > Star Citizen Free Fly Weekend

51. Re: Star Citizen Free Fly Weekend May 2, 2019, 13:01 wrlwnd

Anybody who gave a single $ to this shyster won't get a drop of sympathy from me.

Laughter and derision, yes. Sympathy, no.

But thanks for the entertainment

News Comments > Steam Shields Borderlands Games from Review Bombing

49. Re: Steam Shields Borderlands Games from Review Bombing Apr 8, 2019, 00:12 wrlwnd

Jerykk wrote on Apr 7, 2019, 19:10:
Anyone with a few brain cells would be well aware that Epic pays large amounts of money for their timed exclusives. That's literally the only reason why any developer/publisher would agree to that deal. Without that bribe, they would just make their games available on both EGS and Steam.

Really? You have a source and figures as to these obvious large amounts of money? Epic has been around a long time. They also have the hottest thing going with Fortnite, so many gamers have already downloaded their software already. If they're then willing to offer 12% instead of 30%, why wouldn't a developer consider going with them if they get to keep that revenue? Why would they want to compete with themselves because a customer decides to go to Steam to buy their product instead? "Literally the only reason". LOL

Also, calling 30% "Mafia-style" is absurd. 30% is the standard cut for digital storefronts. It's the same cut that Microsoft, Sony, Nintendo, GOG, Apple and Google take. Steam offers more features than all of those platforms. EGS offers 12% because it literally has no features and a tiny selection. It also passes overhead costs on to the customer.

As a customer, it makes sense to either buy a game or not based on the overall value you get for the money you pay.

This whole faux indignation thing has nothing to do with that. 30% is ridiculous, no matter who does it. Tim Sweeney knows that. If Epic turns around and charges 30% once they have those "valuable" features available, then a developer would be silly to sign up for an exclusive.

Obviously gamers who have bought an exclusive from Epic feel that the money they spend for the features they get is worth it. If Valve feels they have to charge 30% to provide the features they have, then that's fine too. It's called competition.

Competition in any industry is healthy. Valve is the king, and will remain so as long as it, you know, competes.

News Comments > Steam Shields Borderlands Games from Review Bombing

34. Re: Steam Shields Borderlands Games from Review Bombing Apr 7, 2019, 18:55 wrlwnd

Steam is my platform of choice, but only because of the deals. Epic's prices are pretty bad. And they don't have a review system, which also keeps me away (for now).

That said, I find the indignation here about exclusivity ridiculous, considering Valve charges 30% to distribute. Versus 12% for Epic. Anyone with a few brain cells would realize why some devs would agree to exclusivity with Epic. 30% is Mafia-style practice. I'm glad devs have a choice now.

News Comments > Free Oxenfree on Epic Games Store

2. Re: Free Oxenfree on Epic Games Store Mar 30, 2019, 02:00 wrlwnd

The prices in the Epic game store are much higher than Steam.

But free is free I guess. So I have Fortnite and now Oxenfree.

For everything else, it doesn't compare to Steam.

News Comments > More PUBG Anti-Cheat Efforts

40. Re: More PUBG Anti-Cheat Efforts Feb 26, 2019, 17:11 wrlwnd

Timmeh wrote on Feb 26, 2019, 10:16:
Having people arrested and put in prison because they help people cheat in your *Video Game* is far more immoral that those making the cheats.

You scum are having people put in prison in CHINA you complete utter scum. Thus i will never play or pay a dime to your slimy company.

You mad bro?

Good!

I hope they rot.

News Comments > Cyberpunk 2077 Punks Epic Exclusivity

18. Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Punks Epic Exclusivity Feb 10, 2019, 16:13 wrlwnd

Unless it's on Steam these days there's a good chance I won't even know about it and an even better chance I won't care.

Fortnite was one of the few titles that I got on another platform since it had high visibility and my nephew wanted me to get it, and of course, since it was free.

Unless it's a gift, I really have no desire to bring another sell platform into it, primarly because of the Steam sales that I'm more than willing to wait for.

News Comments > Darksiders III Released

1. Re: Darksiders III Released Nov 27, 2018, 23:31 wrlwnd

Reviews on steam don't look too good.

That's a shame. Was hoping it would be as good as the other two.

News Comments > NVIDIA RTX 20-series Next Month

50. Re: NVIDIA RTX 20-series Next Month Aug 20, 2018, 23:57 wrlwnd

I'm still very happy with my 980ti card.

I'll probably keep it another couple of years, as I'm also happy with 1080 resolution. I think 4K a couple years from now is the sweet spot anyway. I really don't see the rush.

It's kind of fun to watch all the idiots who absolutely must have their instant gratification and will spend big $$ to play games that don't even come close to needing bleeding edge tech.

I could afford the latest card without blinking an eye. But I'm anti-moron on principle.

News Comments > On Flight Sims versus Actual Flying

6. Re: On Flight Sims versus Actual Flying Aug 14, 2018, 20:55 wrlwnd

CJ_Parker wrote on Aug 14, 2018, 20:29:
If he "played" the The hard part is bringing it back down in an organized fashion on a runway which he apparently failed at quite miserably. Seems like he should have studied navigation and landing procedures more thoroughly.

Not sure if you're joking here. But if not, you're dense as hell.

News Comments > Star Citizen Refund Refusals

48. Re: Star Citizen Refund Refusals Jul 15, 2018, 23:03 wrlwnd

Seeing as how the backers of this "project" are some of the dumbest tools to ever walk the face of the Earth, I won't shed a tear if they don't get a dime back.

So many gullible idiots.

News Comments > MS on PC Gaming

56. Re: MS on PC Gaming Jun 14, 2018, 23:27 wrlwnd

MS used to get a good deal of money from me.

Whether I was buying a console (XBOX 360), or games for it, or Visual Studio products (2005 and 2008), or one of their OS's (Windows 95, Windows XP, Windows 7), or a Windows Mobile device, or some flavor of their office products. They were doing pretty well having me as a customer.

But I haven't purchased a single product from them in years.

I'm perfectly content now playing on Windows 7 with Steam and its huge offering of great games. I'm also very happy with my PS4. I'm still using Visual Studio 2008 and just laugh at how poor their VS offerings have been the last 10 years. I use an Android phone and Google office products.

MS has dropped the ball completely. They could disappear altogether and I really wouldn't care. Frankly I don't see what the hubbub is from pretty much anything they say or do these days. They just aren't relevant anymore.

News Comments > Steam Opening the Gates

60. Re: Steam Opening the Gates Jun 7, 2018, 14:03 wrlwnd

jdreyer wrote on Jun 7, 2018, 05:29:
Jerykk wrote on Jun 7, 2018, 02:16:

I can pretty much guarantee that Valve will ban any games that simulate or encourage rape, pedophilia, child molestation, etc.

What about games that simulate or encourage killing and murder? They'll get rid of those too right? RIGHT?

Well, we all know rape is way worse than murder. It's okay to shoot people's heads off all day!

News Comments > Star Citizen Celebrates 2M Backers

35. Re: Star Citizen Celebrates 2M Backers Apr 22, 2018, 12:52 wrlwnd

I've gotten more entertainment out of listening to the suckers making excuses about why they threw their money away than I'll ever get out of the game itself.  

News Comments > Evening Mobilization

4. Re: Evening Mobilization Mar 19, 2018, 21:53 wrlwnd

Self-driving cars will prove themselves as overwhelmingly safer than human drivers.

Of course that still won't be good enough for some. They'd rather be ten times more likely to get hurt by another human than a machine.

News Comments > Subnautica Surfaces

2. Re: Subnautica Surfaces Jan 24, 2018, 21:22 wrlwnd

Yep, I've enjoyed it for a long time.

Looking forward to playing the "official" version when I get the time.

News Comments > Q.U.B.E. 2 Trailer

2. Re: Q.U.B.E. 2 Trailer Jan 16, 2018, 14:53 wrlwnd

Thanks for your post.

I was thinking of picking up the original until I saw it.

167 Comments. 9 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ] Older >