Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter
User information for wrlwnd

Real Name wrlwnd   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname wrlwnd
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 25, 2010, 16:22
Total Comments 179 (Novice)
User ID 55483

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ] Older >

News Comments > Joe Biden on CDA and Video Games

23. Re: Job Biden on CDA and Video Games Jan 18, 2020, 10:27 wrlwnd

Well, since this thread has gone totally political, I may as well add my two cents.

Trump is the worst president ever, and yet he's going to get re-elected because the Dumbocrats have lost their collective minds. Apparently you have to be 70+ to be a moderate and if you're young you need to be hard left. Neither of which is good for a general election.

It's as plain as day that the current trajectory will lead to another Trump victory and the Dumbs are on rails they can't deviate from. And what's funny about that is if you go to a site like Democratic Underground they don't even talk about it. They just keep putting up article after article about how dumb / evil Trump is.

One thing about the Republicans - they don't eat their own the way the Dumbs insist on doing. SMH.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > GFWL Caused GTA4 Steam Delisting

1. Re: GFWL Caused GTA4 Steam Delisting Jan 13, 2020, 20:49 wrlwnd

I guess Rockstar couldn't see this coming?  

News Comments > Out of the Blue

8. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 5, 2020, 21:13 wrlwnd

College football has surpassed the NFL the last couple of years for me, primarily because of the ref'ing. Too many flags in the NFL. Too many ticky-tack calls.

I don't see near the same number of bad / cheap calls in college.

News Comments > Get Darksiders Warmastered, Darksiders II Deathinitive, and Steep for Free

15. Re: Get Darksiders Warmastered, Darksiders II Deathinitive, and Steep for Free Jan 2, 2020, 00:54 wrlwnd

So, what's the business plan here.

Give away a bunch of free games.
Then...profit?

I don't see it. I have no reason to give them my credit card info, and giving me a bunch of free games doesn't change that one iota.

I'm sure they're getting more publicity, but that's dwarfed by the publicity they already got from Fortnite.

News Comments > Get Yooka-Laylee and the Impossible Lair for Free

24. Re: Get Yooka-Laylee and the Impossible Lair for Free Jan 1, 2020, 13:24 wrlwnd

Prez wrote on Dec 31, 2019, 16:55:
I'm getting a decent sized library on EGS considering I've only bought one game off of there.

Me, too, and I haven't given them a dime. Don't see that happening either.

News Comments > Squadron 42 Video

28. Re: Squadron 42 Video Dec 27, 2019, 00:36 wrlwnd

Xero wrote on Dec 26, 2019, 13:25:
At this point they are just treating the ones pouring money into their game as total idiots.

And they would be right. It's not the televangelists that are the idiots. It's their loser minions of course.

Roberts probably floating on his million dollar yacht laughing all the way to the bank.

Can't blame him. He's tapped into unbounded stupidity and is gonna milk it dry.

News Comments > Get APE OUT for Free

2. Re: Get APE OUT for Free Dec 23, 2019, 11:55 wrlwnd

Too bad we have to go to Steam to see if it's any good. I guess having a review system is too hard to do in (almost) 2020.  

News Comments > Steam Top 10

3. Re: Steam Top 10 Dec 22, 2019, 18:29 wrlwnd

Gonna wait about 6 months more for RDR2. Seems to be some game-breaking bugs right now and I figure I can get it on sale at half off sometime.  

News Comments > Op Ed

19. Re: Op Ed Dec 22, 2019, 11:12 wrlwnd

VoodooV wrote on Dec 21, 2019, 23:17:
You donít get to dictate what other people spend their money on.

And you don't get to dictate what the majority of normal people think and express an opinion on. Normal in this case being humans with more than two brain cells to rub together. And most normal people think the backers of SC are gullible morons who act like the same suckers that televangelists make their millions on.

And we'll keep expressing that opinion, no matter how much it pains you.

News Comments > PUBG Often Bans Over 100K Cheaters a Week

25. Re: PUBG Often Bans Over 100K Cheaters a Week Dec 21, 2019, 11:09 wrlwnd

I think this has had a huge impact on the industry, especially on the PC side. I stopped playing PC multiplayer about 10 years ago because of the cheating. Even though it was my favorite mode of entertainment by far.

Today I see all these great MP games that aren't selling well, because cheating. They would be otherwise great games.

I really miss MP, but between the cheaters and griefers, I just can't get back into it. My loss, and the industry's loss.

News Comments > Star Citizen Free-Fly Event Underway

36. Re: Star Citizen Free-Fly Event Underway Nov 25, 2019, 14:09 wrlwnd

So many Kool-Aid drinkers in the thread.

I applaud CR for recognizing the stupidity of the general population and making them feel good about giving their money to him.

News Comments > Death Sentence for Deathgarden

2. Re: Death Sentence for Deathgarden Nov 23, 2019, 13:24 wrlwnd

Or, you know, don't buy it until it's ready.

Of course, that goes against today's "gotta have it now" crowd. Can't delay that gratification!

News Comments > Op Ed

3. Re: Op Ed Nov 11, 2019, 16:48 wrlwnd

I hope Epic sticks to their guns and continues to uphold the ban.

The entitlement of not only this kid but those supporting him is ridiculous. They act like it's okay for him to cheat, since it's part of a career. Spoiled idiots.

News Comments > Pro Fortnite Player Banned

21. Re: Pro Fortnite Player Banned Nov 4, 2019, 16:20 wrlwnd

jdreyer wrote on Nov 4, 2019, 15:27:
Surprised that no has protested that Epic is violating his "First Amendment rights."

Huh?

He's free to cry like a baby all he wants.

News Comments > EA Games Returning to Steam

77. Re: EA Games Returning to Steam Oct 30, 2019, 12:35 wrlwnd

RedEye9 wrote on Oct 30, 2019, 12:18:
wrlwnd wrote on Oct 30, 2019, 12:04:
Slick wrote on Oct 29, 2019, 20:59:
You're officially a fucking moron for buying a game on Steam that then links you to have to play it through Origin. Same with games Ubisoft games sold on Steam requiring Uplay.

You're literally giving the companies who MADE the fucking games LESS money so that you can have MORE inconvenience. While GabeN just
adds another integer to his account balance.

Prove me wrong.

What part of not wanting your credit card on multiple download services don't you understand?

F*&king m-word.
Narrowing that attack vector, you must be so proud. For xmas does you g-ma knit you sweaters w/the words:
Securely Smug
(but still uses the coffee shops open wifi)

LOL

You quote "fucking moron" for his post and "F*&king m-word" for mine.

Brilliant!

News Comments > EA Games Returning to Steam

75. removed Oct 30, 2019, 12:04 wrlwnd

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Oct 31, 2019, 00:22.

News Comments > Star Citizen Free Fly Weekend

51. Re: Star Citizen Free Fly Weekend May 2, 2019, 13:01 wrlwnd

Anybody who gave a single $ to this shyster won't get a drop of sympathy from me.

Laughter and derision, yes. Sympathy, no.

But thanks for the entertainment

News Comments > Steam Shields Borderlands Games from Review Bombing

49. Re: Steam Shields Borderlands Games from Review Bombing Apr 8, 2019, 00:12 wrlwnd

Jerykk wrote on Apr 7, 2019, 19:10:
Anyone with a few brain cells would be well aware that Epic pays large amounts of money for their timed exclusives. That's literally the only reason why any developer/publisher would agree to that deal. Without that bribe, they would just make their games available on both EGS and Steam.

Really? You have a source and figures as to these obvious large amounts of money? Epic has been around a long time. They also have the hottest thing going with Fortnite, so many gamers have already downloaded their software already. If they're then willing to offer 12% instead of 30%, why wouldn't a developer consider going with them if they get to keep that revenue? Why would they want to compete with themselves because a customer decides to go to Steam to buy their product instead? "Literally the only reason". LOL

Also, calling 30% "Mafia-style" is absurd. 30% is the standard cut for digital storefronts. It's the same cut that Microsoft, Sony, Nintendo, GOG, Apple and Google take. Steam offers more features than all of those platforms. EGS offers 12% because it literally has no features and a tiny selection. It also passes overhead costs on to the customer.

As a customer, it makes sense to either buy a game or not based on the overall value you get for the money you pay.

This whole faux indignation thing has nothing to do with that. 30% is ridiculous, no matter who does it. Tim Sweeney knows that. If Epic turns around and charges 30% once they have those "valuable" features available, then a developer would be silly to sign up for an exclusive.

Obviously gamers who have bought an exclusive from Epic feel that the money they spend for the features they get is worth it. If Valve feels they have to charge 30% to provide the features they have, then that's fine too. It's called competition.

Competition in any industry is healthy. Valve is the king, and will remain so as long as it, you know, competes.

News Comments > Steam Shields Borderlands Games from Review Bombing

34. Re: Steam Shields Borderlands Games from Review Bombing Apr 7, 2019, 18:55 wrlwnd

Steam is my platform of choice, but only because of the deals. Epic's prices are pretty bad. And they don't have a review system, which also keeps me away (for now).

That said, I find the indignation here about exclusivity ridiculous, considering Valve charges 30% to distribute. Versus 12% for Epic. Anyone with a few brain cells would realize why some devs would agree to exclusivity with Epic. 30% is Mafia-style practice. I'm glad devs have a choice now.

News Comments > Free Oxenfree on Epic Games Store

2. Re: Free Oxenfree on Epic Games Store Mar 30, 2019, 02:00 wrlwnd

The prices in the Epic game store are much higher than Steam.

But free is free I guess. So I have Fortnite and now Oxenfree.

For everything else, it doesn't compare to Steam.

179 Comments. 9 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ] Older >