Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Oddi

Real Name Oddi   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Mishaye
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 12, 2010, 17:33
Total Comments 6 (Suspect)
User ID 55450

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

News Comments > Unconfirmed Grand Theft Auto V PC Listing Shows March Date
9. Re: Unconfirmed Grand Theft Auto V PC Listing Shows March Date Sep 25, 2013, 10:44 Mishaye

"The funding comes in addition £ 45 in bank charges and $ 295 in entry fee per customer. Credit Purchase price: £ 1,274. Full Sale Terms and yield. Upon purchase of more products, credit price will be lower."

Always funny how Google randomly swaps those currency symbols. It's one of those things that just should stay untranslated, unless it also does the conversation at the same time.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Ubisoft Changes Anno 2070 DRM
6. Re: Ubisoft Changes Anno 2070 DRM Jan 20, 2012, 10:56 Mishaye

I can't believe that, with this type of DRM, they don't have a deactivation tool.

Guess I should not be surprised.

News Comments > Stardock on GameStop, Impulse, and Steam
43. Re: Stardock on GameStop, Impulse, and Steam Apr 7, 2011, 17:47 Mishaye

I'm guessing he's talking about their best of breed "Territory Restriction" technology.

When half the games I'm interested in pops up the "Sorry, this item is not available in your region." message, I don't really care if Impulse is technologically superior or not.

News Comments > GamersGate on Steam Competition
13. Re: GamersGate on Steam Competition Feb 8, 2011, 11:21 Mishaye

Golwar wrote on Feb 8, 2011, 04:45:
GamersGate is okay, but for some reason they can't compete with Steam's prices. Which is especially emberassing when it happens with Paradox titles, as Paradox and GamersGate were once one company.

It might have something to do with the values of the currencies used in the stores compared to my own currency (NOK), but most of the time, especially for newer releases, GamersGate.co.uk (£)is quite a bit cheaper for me than Steam (€). Ie, 49.99€ for a new release on Steam versus (currently) €41.18 on GamersGate.

The exception would be the various holiday sales. Steam tends to be a lot cheaper then, regardless of the less favorable currency.

I still use, and like, both though. I wanted to like Impulse too, but half the times I looked for a game there it was restricted to the US, so I gave up on it.

News Comments > On Steam Exchange Rates
11. Re: On Steam Exchange Rates Jan 25, 2010, 10:38 Mishaye

Dev wrote on Jan 24, 2010, 19:58:
Don't forget there's nearly 30% VAT (tax) added into most european stuff. So the publisher has to charge 30% more just to get the same amount of money.

Yet for my country that doesn't tax digital purchases (and is not a EU member either), I still have to pay that extra % as it's baked into the price. Why can't this be sorted at the checkout process, like at most decent web shops I buy stuff from?

This comment was edited on Jan 25, 2010, 10:38.

News Comments > BioShock 2 DRM and GFWL Info
14. Re: BioShock 2 DRM and GFWL Info Jan 20, 2010, 12:37 Mishaye

Game Details for BioShock 2 (EU release) in my Steam client says:

"3rd-party DRM: SecuROM™ and Games for Windows LIVE
15 machine activation limit"

As if SecuROM by itself isn't bad enough in a Steam release. Think I'll spend the 44,99€ on something else.

This comment was edited on Jan 20, 2010, 12:43.

6 Comments. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo