Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for D_K_night

Real Name D_K_night   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 28, 2009, 02:26
Total Comments 188 (Novice)
User ID 55425

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ] Older >

News Comments > StarCraft II Multiplayer Plans
3. Re: StarCraft II Multiplayer Plans Aug 15, 2016, 15:52 D_K_night

wow, a blues news forum where you don't have a long list of old-timers using every oppoturnity/excuse to Blizzard-bash?

my god what's this world coming to?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Sunday Mobilization
7. Re: Sunday Mobilization Jul 26, 2016, 01:50 D_K_night

Great to see the discussion not on outright hatred on iOS devices.

As we can all plainly see, Android phones did it first(removal of the headphone jack). Apple is only rumored to be removing it...now would it be the funniest thing, if these rumors all turned out to be false, and iPhones end up with the headphone jack after all?

News Comments > Battleborn Writer Leaves Gearbox
12. Re: Battleborn Writer Leaves Gearbox Jun 4, 2016, 23:54 D_K_night

shinchan0s wrote on Jun 4, 2016, 17:46:
Slick wrote on Jun 4, 2016, 16:18:
"gearbox has writers?"

are you fucking kidding me?

this is either a pithy troll attempt, or you legitimately don't know what you're talking about. I'm guessing the latter.

Battleborn is so far the funniest game I've played since Portal 2. Totally unexpected. It's not all AAA-grade comedy, but a big chunk of it is, and the shit that characters say in MP just makes me start crying it's so good. That's probably the most noticeable thing coming from BattleBorn to Overwatch... Overwatch is fucking dry and boring and tries to take itself seriously... I'd much rather hear my character taunt the enemy with "Public school student!" instead of "The reckoning is here". BARF.

Although speaking of funny games, the mini game where you catapult portal-style personality cores in valve's "The Lab" demo for the vive is also really funny, with a cameo from Justin Roiland no less!

I just hope that the writer in this story will have the freedom to keep up this irreverant tone with the new job on offer..

There's no accounting for taste. There are people out there that actually like the Star Wars prequels and Community's 4th season.

I'm with you man. I love Battleborn's humor and the character designs are better than Overwatch IMO. Tracer's accent is beyond irritating. Blizzard just nailed it with the more mainstream appeal.

"Blizzard just nailed it with the more mainstream appeal." That's the funny thing about you guys here on Blues News.

It's as if you guys are just about the indie stuff or cheering on for the little guys. And yet if in a parallel universe where Battleborn and Overwatch has their userbase numbers reversed, there wouldn't be even any mention of Blizzard.

I'm not seeing you guys lob snide comments on how League of Legends continues to completely trounce Heroes of the Storm in playerbase and viewership on Twitch and tourneys.

The funny thing is that gameplaywise and mechanics-wise, the two games couldn't be more different from each other. They aren't even competing in the same space. If anything Overwatch is competing against the Team Fortress and Dirty Bomb franchises. It had no intention whatsoever of going up against Battleborn.

Battleborn just happened to be an innocent bystander-type casualty.

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
7. Re: Gatherings & Competitions May 23, 2016, 16:50 D_K_night

Their competition, their prize pool = their rules.

Kinda funny for some of us to be critical of Capcom giving out prize money when they don't have to at all.

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
1. Re: Evening Mobilization Apr 21, 2016, 15:00 D_K_night

There are reasons for NOT turning on "Read Receipts"

- You want more control over what information others can see(or rather, not see). A perfect scenario is dating. The cloak/dagger intrigue of appearing "hard to get", or "busy" is one of many key elements of successful dating, and arguably especially so, in your 20's to early 30's, where the available pool of partners is at its largest.

- The idea of "courtesy" as explained in the video does make a lot of sense, when doing business(and especially when interacting with your realtor, lawyer, and other crucial business-type dealings).

I would like to see Apple take this feature further, and not make it an all-or-nothing thing, but allow a little bit of customization, eg. VIP contacts get the "Read Receipts" but others do not, for example.

Probably won't happen - but that's an avenue that other Messaging apps can capitalize on.

News Comments > Op Ed
29. Re: Op Ed Apr 17, 2016, 18:40 D_K_night

yonder wrote on Apr 17, 2016, 18:35:
Cutter wrote on Apr 1, 2016, 10:09:
I see it as the opposite of that. More and more young people understand the importance of that balance and they work to live, not live to work. And that's as it should be. There's an old expression, no one ever died saying 'I should have spent more time at the office.' So good on them. Revel in your time and enjoy your youth while you're young because there may not be a later.

Yeah but PLENTY of people work for 50 years saying "I wish I had done a bit better in preparing for the future when I was younger."

So your story of a 20-year old, who is now 70 - says to himself "if only I put more money away. If only I worked harder and longer".

And then he dies of a stroke a day later.

News Comments > Op Ed
28. Re: Op Ed Apr 17, 2016, 18:39 D_K_night

Cutter wrote on Apr 17, 2016, 18:30:
D_K_night wrote on Apr 17, 2016, 18:23:
"Work-life balance" is a concept which doesn't matter...

...until it does. In your 20's you can work those 80+ hours/week, sleep underneath your cubicle, use the shower at work(if there is one), and subsist entirely on Coke and pizza.

Then one day you hit 35. Somewhere along the way you managed to find a girlfriend, and somehow make enough time to have a wedding and marry her. Somewhere along the way, kids came into the picture.

That's the moment the concept "work-life balance" begins to matter. And that's something that young 20-something's just don't understand, when they sneer and jeer at it.

You just wait till it matters. You just wait.

I see it as the opposite of that. More and more young people understand the importance of that balance and they work to live, not live to work. And that's as it should be. There's an old expression, no one ever died saying 'I should have spent more time at the office.' So good on them. Revel in your time and enjoy your youth while you're young because there may not be a later.

There's also the whole "work hard, play hard" but the funny thing here is, how can you "play hard" when you work so hard and so long, that there's no time to play?

Here we are, sitting in our prisons - oh I'm sorry, our cubicles - glancing at our smartphones, declining invitation after invitation from our friends. We're wracking our brains over yet another software defect, meanwhile our lads are out on the town chasing girls, tumbling down the mountain in a vain attempt to learn to snowboard, and just plain living life.

News Comments > Op Ed
26. Re: Op Ed Apr 17, 2016, 18:35 D_K_night

Squirmer wrote on Apr 17, 2016, 18:18:
Loving games isn't enough to sustain you when you're working 80 hours a week, feeling like shit all the time, trying not to let your marriage fall apart because you never see your family for more than a few minutes a day, missing out on everything else that's happening in the world because you're stuck at a desk your whole life.

"My wife is leaving and my life is falling apart, but that's totally fine because I get to make video games for a living!!"

Fuck this guy. He tells people to quit so he can hire someone else with more "passion", but it's not passion that makes them put up with shit working conditions, it's desperation. This cunt hires people in vulnerable positions who need money so they can pay the rent, and will tolerate the shit he puts them through because they have no other option. Or he hires young kids just entering working life who will tolerate his bullshit because they don't have families, or because they don't even realize they're being mistreated and they think this is just what working life is. He's fucking scum.

The typical manager scum who has the gall to tell us peasantry and common-folk that we don't get to spend time with our newborns, don't get to witness the moments of our child's first steps, don't get to life live.

Oh no no. We must work to live, not the other way around. And we're all lying on our deathbeds, oh god do we wish we worked more and harder. But of course.

News Comments > Op Ed
20. Re: Op Ed Apr 17, 2016, 18:25 D_K_night

Stormsinger wrote on Apr 17, 2016, 13:00:
Oh goodie...another rich, entitled prick telling those who actually -do- the work to stop bitching about long hours, poor pay and bad management.

Oh, venturebeat...should have known. That's as big a shock as finding an article promoting lower capital gains taxes on Forbes.

yeah, sadly typical of a dude in a management position, cracking the whip over the young, entitled kids who won't "pay their dues".

Let me guess. He goes home at 5pm to his family and meanwhile the the rows of cubicles don't get to leave until 9pm.

News Comments > Op Ed
19. Re: Op Ed Apr 17, 2016, 18:23 D_K_night

"Work-life balance" is a concept which doesn't matter...

...until it does. In your 20's you can work those 80+ hours/week, sleep underneath your cubicle, use the shower at work(if there is one), and subsist entirely on Coke and pizza.

Then one day you hit 35. Somewhere along the way you managed to find a girlfriend, and somehow make enough time to have a wedding and marry her. Somewhere along the way, kids came into the picture.

That's the moment the concept "work-life balance" begins to matter. And that's something that young 20-something's just don't understand, when they sneer and jeer at it.

You just wait till it matters. You just wait.

News Comments > Street Fighter V Fixes and Features Planned
1. Re: Street Fighter V Fixes and Features Planned Feb 17, 2016, 11:52 D_K_night

A far better question is this, Capcom -

You had a pretty good beta for SFV going + time to iron out all the issues THEN.

And now that the game's released in a horrible state on PC, all of a sudden you've got all this news to report? You rushed this port out, and it shows.

Last night Justin Wong went through 26+ wins in a row, against new players who literally just bought the game. Ranking system was broken.

News Comments > Street Fighter V Released
3. Re: Street Fighter V Released Feb 16, 2016, 14:54 D_K_night

deqer wrote on Feb 16, 2016, 11:06:
But, no one asked for a street fighter 5.

The same way that nobody asked for SF4, nor SF3.

News Comments > Overwatch Free Content Plans
8. No subject Dec 7, 2015, 21:55 D_K_night

Osc8r wrote on Dec 7, 2015, 21:05:
DangerDog wrote on Dec 7, 2015, 20:25:
I'll be glad when this MOBA game frenzy is over, it shouldn't take too long with everyone and their dog releasing one.

The is not the MOBA are you looking for...

but rather just another uninspired shooter #948793287.

Then shooters aren't your thing. Why the need to tear something like this down just because of that? Man the negativity...

News Comments > League Legends Dedicated Internet Optimizations Coming
7. Re: League Legends Dedicated Internet Optimizations Coming Jan 6, 2015, 12:23 D_K_night

A dedicated LoL line? What does this mean for Net Neutrality?  

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
19. No subject Dec 30, 2014, 04:23 D_K_night

uh huh, so you redid a portion of the G11 circuit board with nothing but wires and duct tape. And you were able to simply eyeball the PCB and see all the traces. Right, sounds like a board from the early 1990's if you can just oh, look at it and see all traces.

"piss easy" so we should be able to hand this to a 10-year girl and order her to figure it out and fix it. Right man. Assuming your story is even true, just reading what you did is just total amateur hour, the way you approached it. Don't quit your day job.

eRe4s3r wrote on Dec 30, 2014, 03:30:
Well, I replaced my Logitech G11 LED circuit board and put my own LED build in (white led's with stronger resistors so it isn't nuclear doom bright) had to recreate the entire fucking thing because the 4 circuit boards with LEDs they used had copper layers that instantly vaporized when I tried to remove the old LED welds. So had to create my own "grunge" LED rig with you know.. cables and duct-tape.

I think anyone who knows how to use google could do that though. This kind of stuff is piss easy and you need zero education for it, just calculator, the various electrical conversions and a LED calculator (since with 11 LED's on a 5V usb circuit things can become a bit difficult resistor wise ,p).

So I don't think what the article says is true. But one thing is true, I didn't learn how to weld in school, one of my (older than me) friends showed me how it works.

Ps.: not sure that is called "welding" I dunno the correct English word for it.

News Comments > Diablo III 2.1.0 Now Live
5. No subject Aug 26, 2014, 21:49 D_K_night

We're under attack...Battle.net is being DDOS'ed again... :'(  

News Comments > Blizzard Confirms Paid WoW Leveling
16. No subject Feb 25, 2014, 23:05 D_K_night

Prez wrote on Feb 25, 2014, 20:45:
Fletch wrote on Feb 25, 2014, 20:26:
GameAnger wrote on Feb 25, 2014, 19:31:
Compare this to leveling an entire character to 90, I like the idea.

Isn't leveling a character supposed to be the fun/point of the game?

Exactly what my first thought was. But then I remembered that people play MMO' s for different reasons than we play single player games. If you are playing with friends it's a drag for everyone involved to play together with characters of vastly different levels.

Yup absolutely true. There are people who only play Arena or PvP and need to be at level cap for the Arena season.

News Comments > Adam Orth Making a Game - Deal With It
20. No subject Feb 11, 2014, 01:35 D_K_night

Deal with it?

Actually no, I choose not to. Your game sounds boring. "first person experience", going around fixing electronics in space?

Pass.

News Comments > etc.
6. No subject Dec 7, 2013, 21:31 D_K_night

Did anyone here catch the absolute, almost abusive job opening at Penny Arcade? It's on LinkedIn, but I believe there's also a gawker article about it too. Here's a snippet:

"We are quite literally looking for a person that can do four jobs: Web Development, Software Development, Sys Admin, and the (dreaded) GENERAL IT for us here that need help configuring a firewall for a dev kit, etc. Sorry, I know thatís the WORST, but itís absolutely part of the gig."

And you know what they also said? "...we're not big on money". Yup. They actually said that on the job ad. They wanted someone to handle four different jobs, and pay them peanuts, and compensate them in the form of "great teamwork" and "yearly team vacation trips".

Now it kinda adds up, that we see this event occur.

News Comments > World of Warcraft Warlords of Draenor Announced
34. No subject Nov 9, 2013, 01:55 D_K_night

Trevellian wrote on Nov 8, 2013, 17:28:
NKD wrote on Nov 8, 2013, 16:28:
Trevellian wrote on Nov 8, 2013, 16:18:
Kill off all the characters people who played Warcraft loved?
Retcon it all by doing a shitty time traveling expansion?
Fuck WoW and fuck their writers.
What drivel.

What characters are you referring to?

Everyone who was relevant? Last I read about the Pandaria storyline and this new assault on Orgimmar patch they had, Cairn was dead, Thrall was dead, Arthas/Lich King has been dead, Illidan has been dead. The only ones left are Proudmore and Sylvanas/Banshee Queen from the original games that anyone gives a shit about.

The fact of the matter is they've lost anyone interested in the original Warcraft RTS Lore at this point and time travel is a piss poor way of dealing with it. It's an incredibly trite and pathetic way to pull a mulligan.

This tells me no matter what they try, they can't please you. Admit it.

188 Comments. 10 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo