Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for gilly775

Real Name gilly775   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 10, 2009, 03:20
Total Comments 500 (Apprentice)
User ID 55394

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Hearts of Iron IV: Waking the Tiger Announced
3. Re: On Sale Nov 16, 2017, 10:43 gilly775

I still find it hard to get into this game  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Into the Black
9. Re: On Sale Sep 1, 2017, 09:49 gilly775

I'm guessing the same reason why everyone else doesn't drive on the "right" side of the road despite Henry Ford creating the automobile...stubbornness. (Haven't read the article yet, btw).  

News Comments > Lode Runner Legacy Next Month
8. Re: On Sale Jun 29, 2017, 15:38 gilly775

Played this after loading from a cassette tape on a Commodore 64 computer way back in the day. Damn, I'm old....  

News Comments > Evening Previews
5. Re: On Sale Jun 16, 2017, 00:49 gilly775

Or it will be like Wildlands and the enemies won't see them when you sneak up and they are in front of their faces until the enemies see you!  

News Comments > Arkane: Steam Refunds = PC Prey Demo
57. Re: On Sale May 4, 2017, 12:36 gilly775

HorrorScope wrote on May 3, 2017, 18:21:
gilly775 wrote on May 3, 2017, 14:49:
So those of us that have bandwidth caps get f'd in the end by not having a demo which could be less to download. Ooook. Here's a game I won't be buying then....

We'll find any angle to play and play it hard, even an old one like this. Circular conversation, I guess you don't play many different things if demo's are required.

No I don't, esp. when it comes to FPS games. But I will buy more strategy/RPG games just because over time I've settled into that genre.

But again, my issue here is the entire game and refund system excuse. I think it's ludicrous for those of us that do have caps. I don't know about everyone else here with a cap on their ISP but I'm a systems admin. I've got 4 kids and a wife that tend to chew up bandwidth at home. I Windows Update Dev servers one weekend night after Patch Tuesday and then Prod servers the weekend after. Granted I don't play a lot of online games but Steam/Uplay will update my library as updates are released. Sometimes I remote in after hours to fix issues, chewing up more bandwidth. I'm just disappointed that the mentality to create demos off of the full game is happening less and less. I miss the days of Game Demos on CDs and the availability to go to CNET.com to download them back in the mid/late 90s. It just baffles me how studios/publishers don't care anymore.

40. Re: On Sale May 3, 2017, 18:19 gilly775

ItBurn wrote on May 3, 2017, 15:00:
gilly775 wrote on May 3, 2017, 14:49:
So those of us that have bandwidth caps get f'd in the end by not having a demo which could be less to download. Ooook. Here's a game I won't be buying then....

Well, in their defense, no one does a demo nowadays. They didn't take anything away from PC gamers and gave something to console gamers. It's not new content or anything, just a demo. I find it hard to complain.

Not always true. Demos do exist; just not often. Civ 6 came out with one, albeit took a looong time lol. I just think it's a BS excuse to call out a Demo for a console but say a Steam refund is a "demo." That's not what I think a Steam refund is for, despite what people may use it for.

29. Re: On Sale May 3, 2017, 14:49 gilly775

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
14. Re: On Sale Feb 7, 2017, 09:27 gilly775

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Feb 6, 2017, 21:01:
ledhead1969 wrote on Feb 6, 2017, 20:04:
http://bit.ly/2kfnKPA

http://for.tn/2liw7eh

Ohh, and let's not forget that these 'poor' people probably have cars, cell phones, air conditioning, free education, a place to live, computers, consoles and the list goes on.

Air conditioning is required depending on where you live, and I question whether or not the poor strawman in your example would actually have cars, computers, consoles, or especially *truly* free education. Certainly not in modern day America.

Not to sound heartless but I wonder how people with no AC prior to its invention got along without it. Must have survived because we wouldn't be here.

/coming from a 70s/80s kid who had no AC in the family car and was kicked out of the house every day living in the south because I could play outside.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
10. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 28, 2017, 17:59 gilly775

El Pit wrote on Jan 28, 2017, 16:27:
John Hurt - that chestburster scene will always haunt me. Alien is one of the best (sci fi) horror movies ever, and it would have been a lesser movie without Hurt's acting chops. Great actor!

Maybe you didn't know but Hurt, the director and only a few crew knew that the chestburster was coming. The looks on everyone's face including actress playing Lambert was authentic.

News Comments > Galactic Civilizations III Patch; Sale
14. Re: On Sale Jan 27, 2017, 15:11 gilly775

How easy is Star Ruler 2 to get into? I found the new MOO pretty easy as well as GalCiv 3 but wonder about SR2.  

News Comments > etc., etc.
17. Re: On Sale Jan 20, 2017, 14:08 gilly775

Verno wrote on Jan 20, 2017, 09:31:
El Pit wrote on Jan 20, 2017, 03:05:
I have just started my first playthrough of vanilla XCOM2 and, maaaan, it is hard! I have not lost any soldiers in the field, but lots of wounded in action, had to hire a new recruit, but now I am already totally underpowered in missions... It seems you have to follow a pretty strict queue of research or you will have to start the whole game again. Sorry, this is not fun to me. I like the missions and that hey are harder and the time pressure is just right, but less pressure outside the missions and a bit more time to develop your teams and armor and guns would be great.

There are difficulty curves in the game man, just be patient. You go from underpowered to overpowered pretty quickly so modding will just break the little difficulty the game presents. The game is very forgiving, just treat the soldiers as the expendable resource that they are instead of obsessing about preserving them at all costs. You will have time to get everything done even if you don't follow an optimal build path.

This is the beauty of modding. Not everybody plays like you or others and had different ideas for what they want to do. I like to take my time and not take chances. So why can't a mod or edit be available for us to tweak the way we want to play?

You think people would know this for years now.

News Comments > Windows 10 Update Breaks Multi-Monitor Support
42. Re: On Sale Jan 12, 2017, 09:19 gilly775

BTW, per a MS PFE that came to our work last week re: our new AD environment we are building, he said that any CUs that are uninstalled get rolled into next month's...so just a FYI.  

News Comments > Bethesda Holding Back Review Copies
32. Re: On Sale Oct 26, 2016, 09:29 gilly775

People read read and trust media reviews? I take them them with a grain of salt. I prefer to read user reviews and watch user videos instead. And I'm not talking about the big You Tubers....more of the "little people" and make a decision for myself. Besides, with Steam's refund policy, at least I can make an educated decision trying it out myself, deciding if I want to refund the purchase.  

News Comments > Clockwork Empires This Month
3. Re: On Sale Oct 7, 2016, 10:12 gilly775

I played it a couple of times during some various builds. It is fun. Reminds me of RimWorld in that resources AND people matter when it comes to keeping everyone happy. You'll be tested in the environment by Fishpeople and some hostile animals attacking every now and then but every colonist fights until you get some soldiers mustered. Everyone will have an opinion and often times may or may not do what you assign them to do based on their mood.

Standard fare of assigning people roles: making sure to cut down trees, make planks out of them and build walls or cots/beds is there. Farming is there too. There are other advanced buildings and whatnot that come along which I never played long enough to experiment. You also have people going crazy and/or creating cults which I never witnessed.

The only downside, and take it as you may, is that the menus seems cluttered, similar to how RimWorld can get. If you can get past that and know where everything is, it shouldn't be an issue.

Gaslamp has done a very good job with this game, similar to how addicting Dungeons of Dreadmoor is so I would certainly recommend it imho. I'm waiting for the final release to actually get into it with the finished product and play a good, long game of it.

News Comments > Into the Black
9. Re: On Sale Aug 30, 2016, 01:28 gilly775

Both Marty Feldman and him

Dr. Frankenstein I presume.
No, it's pronounced Fronkenschteen.
You're putting me on?
No, it's Frederick Fronkenschteen. Ahh, you must be Igor!
No, it's pronounced I-gor.

This comment was edited on Aug 30, 2016, 01:43.

News Comments > Sunday Previews
8. Re: On Sale Aug 22, 2016, 09:35 gilly775

Hellcinder wrote on Aug 22, 2016, 00:18:
It's amazing how each generation perceives games and content. I would have sold my family for ED in 1980. :-) '

I have blue pills for the other ED.

Agreed. I can't believe people are complaining about ED being empty. Elite II was pretty similar yet I played it and loved it. I'm actually having a great time with it now.

News Comments > On Sale
13. Re: On Sale Jul 7, 2016, 09:24 gilly775

I bet their hardware being discounted was one reason.  

News Comments > Panzer Corps: U.S. Corps Invades
2. Re: Panzer Corps: U.S. Corps Invades May 27, 2016, 09:19 gilly775

Was invited to the beta of the 44-45 campaign and it was a lot of fun. Storming the beach at the beginning was pretty much like every other WW2 game where you hit the beach and feel overwhelmed. Good news was, it was at least turn-based.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
8. Re: Out of the Blue May 4, 2016, 14:04 gilly775

So is tomorrow, "Revenge of the Fifth?"  

News Comments > HITMAN Launch Schedule
1. Re: HITMAN Launch Schedule Mar 10, 2016, 18:19 gilly775

Judging by the grid on their site and use of military time of converting 1700 hours GMT on March 11th to my time centrally, it will be 11am tomorrow for me.  

500 Comments. 25 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo