Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for M1

Real Name M1   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname .o0o.
Email Concealed by request
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 3, 2009, 03:17
Total Comments 224 (Novice)
User ID 55372

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ] Older >

News Comments > On Risen 2 DRM
16. Re: On Risen 2 DRM Jul 26, 2011, 14:38 .o0o.

If there's going to be DRM, I personally prefer Steam over the alternatives.

DRM aside, if the combat in this game is anything like Risen or Gothic 3 (haven't played the other Gothics), then I'm skipping this. Those games were so similar, it was basically the same game reskinned and I'm thinking this sequel will be no different. For those who haven't played those two titles, allow me to explain the combat. No matter what you are fighting--deer, human, monster--when you swing, the mob jumps back and you will miss about 50% of the time, unless you have them backed into a wall or other object. If they can't back up then you can combo them repeatedly without taking any damage yourself. If they aren't near a wall, just use a long weapon like a halberd and, even though they still jump back, they usually don't have a weapon that can reach you so you get away unscathed. It's the same tedious tactic throughout the entire game. Any other method had only lead to my demise, and it was incredibly easy to die in Gothic 3 and Risen.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > RailWorks 3 Announced
7. Re: RailWorks 3 Announced Jul 16, 2011, 14:13 .o0o.

The RailWorks 2 Steam page says this;

All RailWorks 2 users will receive a free upgrade to RailWorks 3: Train Simulator 2012 on September 23, 2011. Don't worry, all RailWorks 2 DLC is certified to work with RailWork 3: Train Simulator 2012.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
18. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jul 13, 2011, 15:20 .o0o.

fujiJuice wrote on Jul 13, 2011, 12:39:
His suggestion was to switch to two DVD plan which would allow two streams at once, which I did and it has worked.

So everyone who relied on two streams just received a rude awakening (including myself). Too bad they don't have the option to include additional streams without either spending $20 on the two DVD plan or starting a new account and paying another $8 a month.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
5. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jul 13, 2011, 00:46 .o0o.

I thought Netflix was a pretty good deal at $8. Then they raised their price to $10. Now they're going to charge $16? Wouldn't even bother me if they had a wider selection available for streaming. At any rate, I'm not going to keep the DVD option.

I don't think it's Netflix's greed, but because the price of licensing streaming titles is increasing.

Is Netflix Doomed?

CNN reports that many of the contracts Netflix signed with the studios had a user cap. As Netflix blows by those caps, the contracts implode and Netflix loses access to the content. Paying a lot more money is one way to get the movie and TV shows back, but the new deals Netflix signs will be far more expensive than those the partners drafted three or four years ago.

This comment was edited on Jul 13, 2011, 00:58.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
13. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jul 12, 2011, 22:51 .o0o.

Dev wrote on Jul 12, 2011, 20:54:
BTW, this doesn't apply to OEM versions from specific vendors like dell (vista and above). Those versions look for something in the BIOS to make sure they are going on a dell computer.

The OEM version I obtained from Newegg. The licensing agreement was confusing as it stated the software wasn't to be distributed without a computer. Wasn't sure if Newegg was doing something wrong by selling it to me, but I installed it anyway. Figured there might be a new version of Windows out by the time I upgraded my hardware so I wasn't worried about it being "disposable", especially at half the cost of retail box. The information I could find at the time lead me to believe that as long as you kept the same motherboard, then your activation would remain valid. It's nice to hear otherwise, though. Thanks for the information.

11. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jul 12, 2011, 18:37 .o0o.

jimnms wrote on Jul 12, 2011, 18:09:
Sure you can. You're not supposed to, but you can. I used the same XP OEM license through three complete system builds. The activation database flushes out old data somewhere around 3-6 months. I never once had to call MS when installing it on my new/upgraded system.

I just thought the new install would get rejected once it tried to do its online activation, but that's good to know and I will definitely try to install it on a new build. I used to always obtain my OS via unscrupulous methods so that was always a non-issue.

9. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jul 12, 2011, 17:21 .o0o.

Verno wrote on Jul 12, 2011, 13:15:
Consumers have many options for upgrading computers these days, they don't have to stick to Windows if they don't want to. In fact, quite a few use mobile devices and Macs exclusively.

So what you're saying is, you have a choice between Windows or a non IBM PC compatible computer? Consumers don't really have any other choice besides Linux if you're talking about competing OS, and I have to wonder if installing a new OS on your prebuilt voids some warranty. Not much of a choice for the "average user". Only problem I have with Windows is the price. I paid $100 for an OEM that I won't be able to use when I decide to upgrade my mainboard. It's a necessary toll that has to be paid to MS.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
12. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 11, 2011, 12:29 .o0o.

kanniballl wrote on Jul 11, 2011, 12:17:
So I tried it a little and then tossed it in the trash.

Only way to really find out is to go back when different people are working and buy another one. Seems to me like it would almost definitely be red unless the flavor syrup ran out or wasn't being dispensed properly. Could be the employees didn't realize it needed to be refilled so you only received a fraction of flavoring.

8. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 11, 2011, 12:05 .o0o.

kanniballl wrote on Jul 11, 2011, 10:12:
It was white and tasted a little funny.

Obligatory "that's what she said" comment deleted.

When Stuff Is Free, We’re More Likely to Buy

News Comments > On Sale
20. Re: On Sale Jul 10, 2011, 21:16 .o0o.

I'm disappointed in this last day sale. I thought it would be some awesome finale, but it appears to be only titles that were previously discounted. I was hoping to get a few more things off my wishlist. I guess I can't complain, I ended up getting quite a few good deals throughout these 10 days that will keep me busy for a while.  

21. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 10, 2011, 12:24 .o0o.

nin wrote on Jul 9, 2011, 19:13:
Wasn't Terraria $2.49 at the start of the steam sale today? It's $4.99 now.

It started with 50% off, then went to 75% and then back to 50%. I had seen a few other titles change prices like that throughout this sale (in the same day), but thought my mind was playing tricks on me. If I hadn't bought Terraria at the 75% off, I would have thought I was imaging that too. I wonder if purchases automatically affect the prices and how much the top 10 seller list figures into the formula. People see something on the list at 33% off and think that's a good deal when the reason why it's on the list is because it was previously 75% off.

20. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 10, 2011, 12:15 .o0o.

Does anyone know if they fixed the Neverwinter Nights 2 control issues where you can't invert the Y-axis in third person view, and when the mouse touches the edges of the screen it moves your view inverted X? I think I'm remembering that correctly. There's an option to invert Y, but it only affected first person mode when I had tried it ages ago.  

News Comments > Trion on Free RIFT Transfers
9. Re: Trion on Free RIFT Transfers Jul 5, 2011, 12:33 .o0o.

PropheT wrote on Jul 5, 2011, 12:29:
zerobytes wrote on Jul 5, 2011, 12:25:
Free transfers remove the only deterrent to extremely obnoxious behavior.

Money is the only deterrent to obnoxious behavior in other MMO's, then? Because you can do that in other games, too, you just have to pay for it.

Yes, monetary loss is the negative consequence to a lot of things in life--including being a dick in games.

News Comments > Trion on Free RIFT Transfers
6. Re: Trion on Free RIFT Transfers Jul 5, 2011, 12:25 .o0o.

Free transfers remove the only deterrent to extremely obnoxious behavior. Whole server has you on ignore? Time to switch to a new server and annoy an entirely different population. Another week goes by and you can switch back to your old server with a new name and annoy everyone who previously had you on ignore.

Trion also allows you to transfer every item in your possession so it would destroy server economies (if they exist in Rift).

News Comments > On Sale
15. Re: Amazon Jul 3, 2011, 11:32 .o0o.

Ant wrote on Jul 3, 2011, 11:14:
Why does Amazon require a credit card when buying digital downloads for PC games? I have a gift card balance to use! Ugh. I wanted to buy Bad Company 2 digital download for five bucks!

Not sure, but for the next hour and a half you can get BC2 from Steam for the same price, but I guess that doesn't help with your gift card. :/

News Comments > On Sale
3. Re: On Sale Jul 2, 2011, 17:43 .o0o.

Silicon Avatar wrote on Jul 2, 2011, 17:28:
I wish Steam had Dragon Age Ultimate on sale. I see it there from some other DL service but I'm kind of sick of signing up for DL services. Besides their deal isn't that awesome.

Did you see the Amazon deal for $12?

News Comments > On Sale
9. Re: Don't forget about Amazon's downloads. Jul 2, 2011, 14:36 .o0o.

Ah, it's actually Amazon's 4th of July Weekend Deals.

Save on popular game downloads to play over the extended Fourth of July weekend and beyond. Not finding what you're looking for? Check out our selection of casual games deals and our video game deals store for more savings. Promotion ends July 4, 2011.

News Comments > On Sale
7. Re: Don't forget about Amazon's downloads. Jul 2, 2011, 13:35 .o0o.

Ant wrote on Jul 2, 2011, 13:25:
Yeah but why is it that cheap on Amazon?

Amazon must be having their own summer sale. Amazon also has Dragon Age Origins: Ultimate Edition digital for $12.

News Comments > On Sale
5. Re: Don't forget about Amazon's downloads. Jul 2, 2011, 13:18 .o0o.

Ant wrote on Jul 2, 2011, 13:06:
Wow, too bad hardcopy retail isn't. I wonder why so cheap and for how long?

It will be $5 for the next 24 hours. It's part of Steam's summer sale. New deals every day until 7/10.

News Comments > On Sale
3. Re: Don't forget about Amazon's downloads. Jul 2, 2011, 13:04 .o0o.

Battlefield BC2 is now $5 on Steam with today's deal.  

224 Comments. 12 pages. Viewing page 6.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo