Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Bill Kerney

Real Name Bill Kerney   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname ShakaUVM
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ 1119802
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 28, 2009, 21:37
Total Comments 132 (Novice)
User ID 55357

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ] Older >

News Comments > On Sale
3. Re: On Sale Sep 17, 2016, 03:01 ShakaUVM

I don't think it's really that bad. There's so many different paths through the game that you can probably reach a good ending doing basically any of them.

I took absolutely zero combat skills and did just fine, as the game has alternatives to fighting for basically any mandatory encounter. And then I made a fighting guy who did the exact opposite.

You might not get the ending you want (I didn't realize until literally the last encounter of the game that the messiah ending was impossible for me), but you can get *an* ending basically no matter what you do.

And it's a very replayable game, kudos to them for that as well. There's far more content in it than you can see in a single playthrough.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > On Sale
1. Re: On Sale Sep 16, 2016, 01:58 ShakaUVM

Age of Decadence is really, really good, if you like RPGs that are difficult.  

News Comments > Free Europa Universalis IV Music DLC
1. Re: Free Europa Universalis IV Music DLC Jun 21, 2016, 10:03 ShakaUVM

Doesn't work right now. The download button launches the game instead. Paradox knows about the issue.  

News Comments > Civilization VI's Unstacked Cities
6. Re: Civilization VI's Unstacked Cities Jun 21, 2016, 00:56 ShakaUVM

Grids were good enough for my grandpappy, and they're good enough for me.  

News Comments > Civilization VI's Unstacked Cities
3. Re: Civilization VI's Unstacked Cities Jun 20, 2016, 23:01 ShakaUVM

Ugh, they're still keeping that hex crap.  

News Comments > Galactic Civilizations III Rise of the Terrans Released
10. Re: Civilizations III Rise of the Terrans Released Jun 16, 2016, 10:03 ShakaUVM

Huh. I really like Gal Civ III. They did a lot of things right in it.

My only gripe is that the diplomatic route is way too powerful in single player. If you build up your diplomatic skills, the AI will never attack you, and then you win.

News Comments > X Rebirth Expansion; Patch; Demo
2. Re: X Rebirth Expansion; Patch; Demo Feb 25, 2016, 19:45 ShakaUVM

rudra wrote on Feb 25, 2016, 19:18:
wonder if that means its worth playing yet...
I also am curious if it is still terrible.

News Comments > Fallout 4 Popular
17. Re: Fallout 4 Popular Nov 11, 2015, 02:04 ShakaUVM

[VG]Reagle wrote on Nov 10, 2015, 20:34:
Is it any good?

Very very good. 6 hours in before my first bug, which is a new all time best record for Bethesda.

One of the best things they've done is implement a salvaging system, so all those cups and pencils you pick up actually do something. It's very easy to just walk up to a crafting station, dump all your junk into it (one keypress) and then see what you can craft from it.

Plus I got hot rod flames on my power armor, and that's pretty sweet.

News Comments > Game Reviews
5. Re: Game Reviews Oct 24, 2015, 22:32 ShakaUVM

I've been playing Rebel Galaxy and enjoying it. It has a reasonable number of options for customizing your ship and doing missions (though I wish there was more, honestly), and the Firefly vibe for the game is a lot of fun.  

News Comments > Dragon Age: Inquisition Game of the Year Edition Released
9. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Game of the Year Edition Released Oct 7, 2015, 01:24 ShakaUVM

A friend of mine hated DAI, I actually really enjoyed it. Not a perfect RPG (oh lord, the tactical camera) but it is a very very big game with a massive scope. I probably only went to half the zones before I got to the end, then spent hours just walking around looking at all the stuff, solving puzzles, and killing the optional dragon encounters.

Great music (the tavern songs!), good story, stronghold building far better than in Pillars of Eternity, decent RPG itemization and levelling, and beautiful graphics. There's a meta-quest system that some people hated, but I liked the feeling that I was leading the army and had the ability to send other parties off to do quests to unlock stuff for me.

I'd give it a bit over 90% overall.

News Comments > Diablo III Season 4 Live
7. Re: Diablo III Season 4 Live Aug 29, 2015, 18:08 ShakaUVM

This game is still around?  

News Comments > Bethesda Games on GOG.com
26. Re: Regarding Daggerfall... Aug 26, 2015, 15:57 ShakaUVM

I would like to know as well - Daggerfall is the best Elder Scrolls game ever, but I'll only buy it (by buying Redguard, which never used to work on my Cyrix processor) if I can just run it out of the box.

Compatibility is a massive issue for Daggerfall.

News Comments > Sid Meier's Civilization: Beyond Earth Rising Tide Announced
17. Re: Sid Meier's Civilization: Beyond Earth Rising Tide Announced May 19, 2015, 23:22 ShakaUVM

Flatline wrote on May 18, 2015, 19:24:
At least that's an option. When I first started playing Endless Space
I said Endless Legend, not Endless Space.

Endless Legend, when I played it a few months back, was pretty devoid of content, or real alternatives to conquest victories. (You basically had to be able to pull off a conquest to win the other ways anyway.)

News Comments > Sid Meier's Civilization: Beyond Earth Rising Tide Announced
13. Re: Sid Meier's Civilization: Beyond Earth Rising Tide Announced May 18, 2015, 18:39 ShakaUVM

Endless Legend was fun for one playthrough, but it has some pretty serious balance issues that simplify all those seeming options down into just steamrolling your opponents.  

News Comments > Shadowrun Chronicles - Boston Lockdown Free Content
7. Re: Shadowrun Chronicles - Boston Lockdown Free Content May 13, 2015, 14:36 ShakaUVM

I'm going to grab it when the price comes down a little bit. It looks like it doesn't have content worth the $40/$60 price tag.  

News Comments > Wasteland 2 GotY Free Upgrade
18. Re: Wasteland 2 GotY Free Upgrade May 7, 2015, 18:18 ShakaUVM

I just hope they rebalance the skills a bit. Some are super critical, some are super useless.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
3. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 19, 2015, 16:26 ShakaUVM

I think NDT should start by not making comments like "Interstellar was a scientifically accurate movie."  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
6. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 14, 2015, 20:47 ShakaUVM

Wow: "Right-Wing Trolls Hijack SciFi Oscars."

Linking to Arthur Chu, who called a black woman "a shield" is really not the right person to quote to summarize the drama going on here. He's one of the very worst people in the whole debate.

The people nominated are across the political spectrum.

News Comments > Total War Battles: KINGDOM Open Beta
7. Re: Total War Battles: KINGDOM Open Beta Apr 11, 2015, 02:57 ShakaUVM

This looks like yet another pay to win bullshit mobile game no interest.

Rome 2 is now a great game, but it's fundamentally flawed - I conquered the entire Roman Empire using nothing more than two full stacks of levy spearmen.

News Comments > Pillars of Eternity Patched
12. Re: Pillars of Eternity Patched Apr 3, 2015, 20:14 ShakaUVM

I can't believe the hate for this game here.

Pillars of Eternity is awesome. I've been waiting for a decade for a good successor to BG2, and it's here.

Yeah, I can't lockpick now, and so I'm pissed about that, but seriously, people. It's a really good game.

132 Comments. 7 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo