Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter
User information for August

Real Name August   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Vall Forran
Email Concealed by request
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 2, 2009, 04:29
Total Comments 786 (Graduate)
User ID 55306

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > HTC Vive Preorders This Morning

41. Re: HTC Vive Preorders This Morning Mar 2, 2016, 13:33 Vall Forran

VR effects development is where everyone from the movie vfx industry is going. There may not be much yet to play, but content is going to flood the market over the next few years. There are so many companies starting to move into this field it's mind-boggling.

Probably wise to spectate --though if I had an extra $800 I'd totally get one, the vive looks amazing-- until then. It's like when a new console comes out (blasphemy!), there's all of five games to buy and four of them suck.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > X Rebirth Expansion; Patch; Demo

9. Re: X Rebirth Expansion; Patch; Demo Feb 25, 2016, 21:19 Vall Forran

Also love trolls like Cutter asking if X-Rebirth is fun yet. Like he'd ever play.

I will say they changed their paradigm so you can now radio in and communicate through a menu instead of having to land.

A bunch of other stuff to keep you on the ship. The thing that breaks it for me is there's no TrackIR support. I lose interest after a few minutes.

8. Re: X Rebirth Expansion; Patch; Demo Feb 25, 2016, 21:15 Vall Forran

I get that...but it takes you three years to do anything in X-land that is fun. So...no. Elite is slow, but you can dive into whatever you want immediately. Also, you can't knock Elite for not having space stations...that's like saying, "Doom sucks, you can't build a base."

Elite is a spaceship only game. X-Rebirth is something else.

News Comments > Dark Souls III Trailer

6. Re: Dark Souls III Trailer Feb 25, 2016, 19:56 Vall Forran

rudra wrote on Feb 25, 2016, 18:44:
not really that fluid either...

but it is extremely focused on timing

because tons of things will one-shot you and so forth - its that extreme danger element that makes it a DS game

Fluid and Balanced come into play when you are "good" at this game. Same with the Witcher 3.

3. Re: X Rebirth Expansion; Patch; Demo Feb 25, 2016, 19:47 Vall Forran

It's way better, but not so much you'd want to play it.

Go play Elite. Or previous X-games (though how people call Elite boring compared to that I will never understand).

News Comments > The Technomancer Trailer

2. Re: The Technomancer Trailer Feb 23, 2016, 12:17 Vall Forran

This seems familiar... Oh! Is this Mars: War Logs 2? That game was surprisingly awesome. Low budget and a bit wonky, but you can tell the devs have heart and skill. The story was pretty cool as well.

Edit: It is! (And they learned not to call a game Mars: War Logs ever again)

News Comments > Steam VR Performance Test Teases Us

11. Re: Steam VR Performance Test Teases Us Feb 23, 2016, 00:37 Vall Forran

They updated Steam's UI AGAIN! Jesus. I just want a list mode. I'm sorry, I own more than 10 games, scrolling through them all is bullshit. I miss the old version.

Edit: I'm sure it's awesome like win98, but no thanks.

News Comments > Fallout 4 D.I.C.E. GotY

34. Re: Fallout 4 D.I.C.E. GotY Feb 19, 2016, 23:53 Vall Forran

You cute couple. Get a room.  

News Comments > Fallout 4 D.I.C.E. GotY

23. Re: Fallout 4 D.I.C.E. GotY Feb 19, 2016, 14:53 Vall Forran

I am totally on board with the witcher 3 being best game of the year.

I played fallout 4 for 10 hours or so then never came back to it. I played the hell out of skyrim, so there must just be something about the fallout world that fails to keep me interested.

With the Witcher 3, I felt like, "No way they can keep this up for an entire game." And they did. For about 80 hours. Then there was an expansion where you allow a ghost to possess your body and then proceed to make a fool out of yourself at a wedding...while killing zero people.

News Comments > Elite Dangerous Arena Launches

14. Re: Elite Dangerous Arena Launches Feb 16, 2016, 18:50 Vall Forran

You're probably getting shot by 3-4 people at once. Last shot gets the kill. That's why a lot of people lurk near asteroids or objects they can use as a shield.

Making the commitment to dart through open space to snag the kill usually results in your death. Still...super fun. I'm a noob, so I am just having fun.

This feels more like the game Elite is trying to sell through the trailers, with you flying through tight tunnels being chased and dodging bullets.

News Comments > Elite Dangerous Arena Launches

2. Re: Elite Dangerous Arena Launches Feb 16, 2016, 12:52 Vall Forran

It's been out for awhile now and it's really fun....it's part of the main game.

And, yes, for less than 10 dollars you can buy this without buying the full game.

Lol indeed.

News Comments > Total War: WARHAMMER Empire Trailer

4. Re: Total War: WARHAMMER Empire Trailer Feb 11, 2016, 16:47 Vall Forran

Looks promising, but Rome 2 was such a disaster I'll be waiting to see if they got back their mojo. The Rome 2 preorder was one of the worst decisions I ever made.  

News Comments > Amazon Launches Free Game Engine

9. Re: Amazon Launches Free Game Engine Feb 9, 2016, 18:44 Vall Forran

I agree, lumberyard is a dumb name. Boatmurder would be better.  

News Comments > Amazon Launches Free Game Engine

8. Re: Amazon Launches Free Game Engine Feb 9, 2016, 17:27 Vall Forran

As one in the FX industry, Amazon is totally ramping up. Movie/TV division, check. Game division, check.

I hear they have a weird town in Seattle that is all Amazon employees. People not working there hate it. Anyone else hear of this?

Creating my reel now.

News Comments > Out of the Blue

26. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 8, 2016, 02:25 Vall Forran

I was more upset with the Panthers play calling. Seriously? Run on first down. EVERY SINGLE TIME FOR THE ENTIRE GAME. Net yards, 10 or so. Riverboat Ron seemed shellshocked on the big stage.  

25. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 8, 2016, 02:14 Vall Forran

The Half Elf wrote on Feb 8, 2016, 01:28:
Eli finished his 200th game with a Super Bowl win, and Cam is 1000 times better then I am at playing football, not to mention the money they make because of their skills.

Who the hell am I to bitch/moan/complain and play armchair quarterback?

Is this a new meme? Eli instead of Peyton? I've seen it over and over again (in the actual fucking CBS broadcast, too).

Edit: You still spelled "Peyton" wrong.

This comment was edited on Feb 8, 2016, 02:23.

21. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 7, 2016, 23:32 Vall Forran

Cam played pretty well. If his teammates could actually catch the ball falling directly into their hands, they would've had more points.  

News Comments > PC Rise of the Tomb Raider Rises

35. Re: So, how realistic is Lara Croft now? Feb 3, 2016, 19:19 Vall Forran

Yeah, this game has displaced everything and is the only thing I want to play.

Still has those dumb puzzles where you think you solved it, then jump onto a rope and die in water doused with electricity.

Amazingly fun.

News Comments > Star Citizen Becomes Two Games Next Month

71. Re: Star Citizen Becomes Two Games Next Month Feb 2, 2016, 17:48 Vall Forran

Starcraft 2 broke into 3 games. Don't know if you heard, but they are now bankrupt. And those 3 games were exactly the same. Only thing different were the cinematics, but I hear from their cinematic team they play starcraft all day. Not like they were too busy.

News Comments > Try Star Citizen for Free

5. removed Jan 29, 2016, 20:59 Vall Forran

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Jan 30, 2016, 11:23.

786 Comments. 40 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >