Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter
User information for August

Real Name August   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Vall Forran
Email Concealed by request
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 2, 2009, 04:29
Total Comments 786 (Graduate)
User ID 55306

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Season Pass Details

21. Re: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Season Pass Details Aug 23, 2016, 03:23 Vall Forran

I'm bummed it doesn't unlock for 8 more hours. After work tomorrow, I guess.

I have proudly kept myself from watching many gameplay videos, so everything should be new to me when I play. I usually watch those fucking review playthroughs of the first 20 mins and hate myself after. I want to savor this game, I probably played DX:HR six times.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Zenimax vs Oculus Heats Up

19. Re: Zenimax vs Oculus Heats Up Aug 22, 2016, 23:52 Vall Forran

Yes, I was kidding about the rocket thing.

Serious question next, though. So, if I understand correctly, he was working at *both* Oculus and id at the same time (id being bought by Zenimax). He left id because Zenimax wouldn't let him develop games to work on the Oculus.

If he's already working at the VR company, I'm confused as to how he could be "stealing" VR tech from Zenimax, considering they acquired id while I'm sure he was developing his own VR in his crazy-absent-minded-professor way.

Isn't that like someone buying your house, then saying they own everything inside of it because it's "inside" the house?

Edit: And, again, this comes back to me not believing he wouldn't immediately get all his private research the fuck out of that building pronto.

News Comments > Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Season Pass Details

13. Re: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Season Pass Details Aug 22, 2016, 23:28 Vall Forran

Beamer wrote on Aug 22, 2016, 23:14:
The Half Elf wrote on Aug 22, 2016, 20:58:
nin wrote on Aug 22, 2016, 20:41:
Emton wrote on Aug 22, 2016, 20:29:
Looks like an on-rails linear storybook game probably about 80% of the playtime will be watching some cut-scene...

Oh yeah, totally, just like the last one.

You win today's Cutter.

In Cutter's defense he useually reads about the subject and make some sorta extreme comment typically based on something.
While Emton's comment is just pure stupidity and ignorance.

I think you mean "usually reads the headline and makes some sort of extreme comment based on his misunderstanding that would be easily avoided if he read even the first paragraph."

*giggle*

News Comments > Zenimax vs Oculus Heats Up

15. Re: Zenimax vs Oculus Heats Up Aug 22, 2016, 23:19 Vall Forran

I also cannot believe that Carmack wouldn't have some serious exclusions from the typical company "anything you make while employed by us is ours" boilerplate. Are they gonna try and sue his rocket projects as well?

I also feel weird in that I literally ordered my oculus 6 hours before this story broke.

News Comments > Star Citizen Gamescom Presentation

79. Re: Star Citizen Gamescom Presentation Aug 21, 2016, 21:42 Vall Forran

As for the lack of dogfighting situations...I don't think that was the point. That's why they launched all of the separate modules. Arena Commander is your dogfight system, Persistent Universe is your mmo (now with clothing stores! yay?) where you get what I assume will be the Elite: Dangerous type of recycled missions. Supposedly the fps mod comes out next.

No Man's Sky has a neat procedural system...and that's about it. The inventory system designer needs to be killed. The system/galaxy map is the most useless thing I've ever seen.

News Comments > No Man's Sky Patch Details and Plans

13. Re: NMS player base says buh bye Aug 21, 2016, 21:21 Vall Forran

NKD wrote on Aug 21, 2016, 16:26:
RedEye9 wrote on Aug 21, 2016, 15:39:
http://www.githyp.com/no-mans-sky-has-lost-78-of-its-playerbase-in-its-first-week-on-steam/

The game is definitely running out its limited shelf life.

Agreed. I lost interest after 8 hours or so. And this from a guy who's put in 300+ hours into Elite.

News Comments > Sunday Previews

2. Re: Elite Dangerous: Guardians 2.2 Aug 21, 2016, 21:18 Vall Forran

Funny, I was posting to say the opposite. There's so much new content now I can't wait to dive back into it.  

News Comments > Star Citizen Gamescom Presentation

39. Re: Star Citizen Gamescom Presentation Aug 20, 2016, 21:35 Vall Forran

Looks like it's come a long way since the last time I've played it. All the systems look very cool, but I think there's too many of them. The zero-g fps part is like Titanfall, but there's no way they can put the resources into that to make the gameplay that slick and visceral.

The shooting still seems way off. I know CR has a boner for physically accurate projectiles, but that basically means that 19 out of 20 shots miss (at least how it's implemented in the game now). I noticed that the gameplay video kept cutting during fights to get to the end quicker, both ship and fps. At least the fucking missiles work now...

The space stations and ships are amazing.

News Comments > No Man's Sky Released

48. Re: No Man's Sky Released Aug 13, 2016, 08:28 Vall Forran

I'm enjoying it so far. I have a gtx1070 and am running it at 1440p with no issues. Like someone earlier said, if you go through the menu the fps is capped at 30...which must be some dork setting from the port from ps4. I could feel my computer fighting it. I changed it to "max" and now everything's smooth.

I love the Elite game, so this is pretty cool. I have yet to get into a space battle, or even much of any battle. I shot a couple drones to raid a warehouse but that's about it. It's like Elite:Planet. Too bad the two games aren't combined. The ground work for this game is pretty incredible.

Edit: The only issue I have so far is I can't alt-tab and then get back into the game.

This comment was edited on Aug 13, 2016, 08:44.

News Comments > Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Specs and Preloads

5. Re: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Specs and Preloads Aug 11, 2016, 20:02 Vall Forran

I was on the fence about getting No Man's Sky, but then I saw this comes out in two weeks! Dilemma solved!  

News Comments > Elite Dangerous: Horizons Expands

4. Re: Elite Dangerous: Horizons Expands May 28, 2016, 04:11 Vall Forran

Yeah, for being a boring game, it took about 300 hours from me.

Playing Stellaris and Overwatch now. Nice combo depending on my mood. I want to get doom, but I'll wait for bargain bin sale I think. Rome 2 cut me deep, I'm not buying Warhammer until someone on blues says it's worth it.

News Comments > Elite Dangerous: Horizons Expands

1. Re: Elite Dangerous: Horizons Expands May 27, 2016, 22:59 Vall Forran

Not fair! I'm moving to New Zealand and don't have access to my comp and HOTAS.  

News Comments > Call of Space Duty Rumors

22. Re: Call of Space Duty Rumors Mar 29, 2016, 23:12 Vall Forran

So it will be the Star Citizen FPS module in a playable form. Boom!  

News Comments > Star Citizen Passes $110M

40. Re: Star Citizen Passes $110M Mar 14, 2016, 19:00 Vall Forran

Dagnamit wrote on Mar 14, 2016, 17:51:
Hump wrote on Mar 14, 2016, 15:11:
These cunts get 110 mill yet the great Descent reboot (Overload) guys can't even make their kickstarter goal.

Donald Trump has a realistic shot at being the President of the United States.

Something seriously wrong with this world.

In a way, yes, but not really.

People are trying to fix it. Logjams and Cutter are the obstacles.

News Comments > Star Citizen Passes $110M

21. Re: Star Citizen Passes $110M Mar 14, 2016, 13:34 Vall Forran

heroin wrote on Mar 14, 2016, 13:10:
Have you guys even played the most recent alpha? I had more fun in that in 60 minutes than 20 hours of Elite. But, it was mostly due to my time sneaking onto people's vanity boats. I was cynical (not as cynical as the Internetz) but some of the super ships are definitely prime for nerd ejaculate; a bukkake symphony of PC geekdom.

I don't give a flying fuck how long it takes for them to belt out a "finished" product. Just because they have 100 million really only means that they have a long time to work on creating something excellent. And from this early alpha - I'd say they're doing fine.

It's getting better...but still not really playable. I did one of the EVA missions, but my ship freaked out on me when I tried to get back inside. It started spinning when I bumped into it...then I started spinning...then the universe exploded resulting in a crash to desktop.

I guess that means I won.

Elite is awesome. Quiet your filthy mouth.

News Comments > Total War: WARHAMMER Delay; Specs

1. Re: Total War: WARHAMMER Delay; Specs Mar 8, 2016, 19:01 Vall Forran

Best avoid Rome 2.  

News Comments > Mass Effect Andromeda Delayed

44. Re: Mass Effect Andromeda Delayed Mar 7, 2016, 19:33 Vall Forran

Nucas wrote on Mar 4, 2016, 01:44:
Drayth wrote on Mar 4, 2016, 00:35:
Comet was only spoofing Star Citizen "discussions".

whoosh. hahaha guess i don't read enough star citizen threads!

Good on you!

40. Re: Mass Effect Andromeda Delayed Mar 3, 2016, 17:41 Vall Forran

The Deus Ex games have always had that problem. Really, any game with multiple path choices have to resolve that somehow.

I wouldn't want to be the designer to figure out that problem.

38. Re: Mass Effect Andromeda Delayed Mar 3, 2016, 16:11 Vall Forran

Creston wrote on Mar 2, 2016, 18:23:
For those who hated the ME3 ending (as I did), the Citadel DLC is basically a giant 8-10 hour ending.

Because of insane reasons (probably so poor Mac Walters wouldn't get his feelings hurt) they pretend the Citadel takes place DURING the ME3 war, but by its tone and content it is very clear that this takes place AFTER everything else.

It's one giant kick ass party (literally!) and an awesome send-off after 100+ hours with this crew. It is one of the best DLCs made by Bioware. I heartily recommend it.

+1. Just finished (replaying it). My feels are all hurt now.

20. Re: Mass Effect Andromeda Delayed Mar 2, 2016, 13:43 Vall Forran

I must be getting old. The delay doesn't bother me in the slightest. I'm currently replaying ME3 for about the 8th time. With the cool clone/party DLC, it's such an amazing game.

I don't see how Bioware would mess this new one up. The people leaving have probably worked on nothing but Mass Effect for 10 years. That's like working on Shrek 1-4. People from Dreamworks literally transferred to another city to get away from being sucked back into that.

786 Comments. 40 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >