Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter
User information for August

Real Name August   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Vall Forran
Email Concealed by request
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 2, 2009, 04:29
Total Comments 786 (Graduate)
User ID 55306

User comment history
< Newer [ 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ] Older >

News Comments > Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous

905. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous Feb 9, 2015, 22:40 Vall Forran

Mr. Tact wrote on Feb 9, 2015, 22:09:
I had grade A Thrusters, and Power Distribution and didn't get away in my Type-6 when another player interdicted me -- well, I did, but he finally killed me on the 4th interdiction about 10 Ls from the station. As I've said before, I see no upside to be in Open when I am running my Type-6. Player to player comms aren't good enough that I could be talking with people. And in Solo I don't have to worry about a busy station being full enough to refuse me docking.

Now, when I am running my battle ready Cobra. Sure, no problem.

You are the one running the rare trade loops though, right? Have you ever tried actually dropping some cargo? I know it's appalling, but it's not that big a deal.

Man, that makes me want to make a pirate ship. j/k...well sort of. I would love to make a true pirate ship with cargo limpets, etc. I won't kill you, but I'd rob you.

I just am not happy with the schism in the game. Everyone plays solo, thinking they will get ganked every two minutes...when that's not true.

Edit:
Seriously, I'm not kidding, most everyone is friendly or will outright ignore you.

This comment was edited on Feb 10, 2015, 01:50.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

903. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous Feb 9, 2015, 22:03 Vall Forran

Hmm. I disagree, but I understand. Getting interdicted and escaping a pvp interdiction is probably the most exciting thing in the game right now.

Wings are going to make even less people want to play open. Gonna be way more roving pirate teams than traders.

900. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous Feb 9, 2015, 20:56 Vall Forran

I'm not in central systems...I find the best trade routes to be towards the outskirts. I'm in empire space, but about 100ly from where I parked my viper in fightin' space.

Maybe it's a timezone thing? I find when I play after work on the west coast...there's no one around.

899. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous Feb 9, 2015, 20:28 Vall Forran

I'm just curious...but do you guys that play in solo mode trade in popular systems (like Lave)? I know you give me shit for flying a python, but I've never done solo. Ever. I've flown a type 6 with no shields for a week without any issues. I'm not trying to start a fight, I'm just curious. It seems people are really paranoid about open, when it's really no different. (Unless you are in Lave or Leetsi...but I told you all that at the beginning of this thread).

I kind of think Frontier made a mistake by being able to switch between solo and open. I feel if you play solo that should be a separate character than the open one.

I understand it's a good mechanism for avoiding griefers, but it makes the world quite empty in open.

If you get interdicted, submit. You will not take hull damage, but--more importantly--your frameshift drive's cooldown is waaaaay less. You can just warp out in a few seconds. Unless you are masslocked by a bigger ship, then run like the wind. 4 pips in engines and get the fuck away.

This comment was edited on Feb 9, 2015, 20:52.

897. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous Feb 9, 2015, 19:31 Vall Forran

Orogogus wrote on Feb 9, 2015, 18:30:
You can sell them for their normal full price, too, from what I hear.

Lol, goddammit. I'm pimping out my python until I can sell it for a type 9. I'm so paranoid about being interdicted, that I need to save up extra for shields, missiles, and torpedoes. So...about $30 million to go...

Sounds like the python got nerfed *hard* in the beta version. Everything you do seems to cause heat damage...and then they made it handle like an anaconda. I hear it's essentially the same as a clipper now... They'll probably swing it back in the middle of the two extremes before 1.1 is released.

Edit:
I only play in Open only.

This comment was edited on Feb 9, 2015, 20:15.

894. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous Feb 9, 2015, 18:25 Vall Forran

Apparently, I was too quick to judge the beta testing mode. You can buy a type 9 for 100c! Several other ships, too!  

890. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous Feb 7, 2015, 14:12 Vall Forran

Blue wrote on Feb 7, 2015, 13:24:
SpectralMeat wrote on Feb 7, 2015, 07:23:
Sepharo wrote on Feb 7, 2015, 03:07:
You guys made it to #1. Party2
For the first time since 2001 the most posted in thread is about games.
Yaaay!!!

Yay indeed!

Woot woot!

885. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous Feb 6, 2015, 20:54 Vall Forran

I'd guess it's the same size as the Anaconda. Looks about the same. Maybe longer and a bit wider?

The Anaconda is fairly skinny width-wise. The space cow is hardest (so far) because it is really wide AND tall. The "pushing" mechanic was added in because people would finally get one of those ships and blow it up trying to leave the station. Ah, I remember the rage back in the beta days.

The type 7 is also weird. It's really long, which isn't a problem...but the cockpit is on the bottom of the ship. If you try and fly in the center you will have some repair bills. Good thing that ship is cheap as dirt to repair.

882. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous Feb 6, 2015, 17:45 Vall Forran

Orogogus wrote on Feb 6, 2015, 17:39:
Vall Forran wrote on Feb 6, 2015, 17:09:
On the 1.1 update they are implementing a way to sell exploration data by page instead of one by one.

Why don't they just put in a "sell all" button?

I guess this way you can at least see the money you are making per page per system instead of blindly selling it all.

880. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous Feb 6, 2015, 17:09 Vall Forran

Congrats on making it back to civilized space! It is eerie out there how empty it is...

On the 1.1 update they are implementing a way to sell exploration data by page instead of one by one.

879. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous Feb 6, 2015, 16:56 Vall Forran

SpectralMeat wrote on Feb 6, 2015, 15:03:
Try to dock this puppy without a docking computer
Especially considering where the pilot is. You can't even see the nose of the ship.

It'll probably cost a few mill to buy it.

It's pretty similar to how the Anaconda is...which you can actually see the nose of the ship. The coolest this is that you can see your forward hardpoints firing!

Yeah, I wonder how much it'll cost. Maybe $200 million? Or since it's Federation, maybe it'll be fairly cheap if you get the rep.

Also, re: docking, do you know if you go through the mail slot with your gear down, the metal rings will push you to the center?

876. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous Feb 6, 2015, 13:09 Vall Forran

This is kind of cool. There's a data dump with people who the first to discover objects in the game. It's a few weeks old, so Tooch is probably half-way up the list by now.

And I'm not completely sure what the 'tag' is based on. I think it might just be from using a discovering scanner without actually scanning them. I just can't imagine actually scanning 96,000 objects.

http://dump.bass-speaker.com/chart.php

873. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous Feb 5, 2015, 12:56 Vall Forran

Pips in shields are strange. They make the shield stronger...but you need all 4 in to get 250%. And with that, you have no weapons or engines. I usually don't put any pips in shields unless I get caught in a head on with someone shooting at me....or I'm running away from a fight.  

865. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous Feb 5, 2015, 02:02 Vall Forran

Just to exaggerate the fact. Playing solo is stupid. You do that when you need practice docking.

Come on! Join my world!

864. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous Feb 5, 2015, 01:57 Vall Forran

Ok, I sold my palladium for a profit within a few lightyears of where I bought it from.

But still. I feel the universe (FD) is saying "go forth and kill" with my new python. Challenge accepted.

If anyone needs help, and I'm online, I'm happy to assist. Even afterwards. I have no problem murdering someone who killed one of you.

And, goddammit, stop playing solo. Seriously...it's really not that dangerous.

863. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous Feb 5, 2015, 01:50 Vall Forran

Shadowplay is AMAZING! I don't know how it works, but it really is awesome. It even records music you have playing! Thanks so much for the tips, Mr. Meat.

862. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous Feb 5, 2015, 00:51 Vall Forran

And on that note, I'm going to listen to Katy Perry's Firework...with images of plush sharks dancing in my head whilst I light people up.  

861. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous Feb 5, 2015, 00:18 Vall Forran

Awesome!

Sorry for being so shrill of late. I will relax and re-intigrate myself into the world.

859. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous Feb 4, 2015, 21:07 Vall Forran

SpectralMeat wrote on Feb 4, 2015, 20:55:
Vall Forran wrote on Feb 4, 2015, 20:49:
Is trading still fucked? Not that you guys will be of any use. You have a 4pm bedtime.
Not sure I am doing the rare trade run. Didn't get to sell anything yet

UGH...I really don't want to do that. I'm sorry. I've gotten lazy. I've done about 4 hundred THOUSAND trade runs. Now, I have to go out and find new ones...as the game intends. Then they'll dry up in a night. Then I repeat. So, instead of grinding something constant for FOREVER to get a bigger ship in WEEKS! Now, I have to have that stream interrupted and go find a new path every few days. Which increases my grind rate to a year. Fuck that.

For what? This progression curve is beyond stupid. No one fights anyway.

Way to make the game zero fun...

I think I'm done with this game until I hear feedback from 1.1.

Edit:

Rage grammar issues. Also, it's 'once' not 'ones'

This comment was edited on Feb 4, 2015, 21:17.

857. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous Feb 4, 2015, 20:49 Vall Forran

Is trading still fucked? Not that you guys will be of any use. You have a 4pm bedtime.  

786 Comments. 40 pages. Viewing page 24.
< Newer [ 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ] Older >