Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter
User information for August

Real Name August   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Vall Forran
Email Concealed by request
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 2, 2009, 04:29
Total Comments 786 (Graduate)
User ID 55306

User comment history
< Newer [ 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ] Older >

News Comments > Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous

1001. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous Feb 17, 2015, 12:40 Vall Forran

Lave, huh? That's a tall order. I'm down. Gonna have to get a warship.

Another option might be the yembo (spelling is wrong) system where they are doing the community space station building. Lots of people hauling metal are getting pirated.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

998. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous Feb 17, 2015, 00:52 Vall Forran

Okay. Got the 256 cargo bay. Now up to 436t of cargo. More like it.

Edit:
Traded in the fuel scoop for another 64 cargo. Up to 500t. I have to jump three times, but it's not that bad... especially since I make about $550k credits each way. I timed it and it's about 7.5 mins one way, 6.5 the other (not including station time). The time is from when I select 'launch' to when I actually land on the other docking bay.

I *think* the 64 extra cargo pretty much just offsets the fuel scoop. I guess in the long run the extra space is better, since I just warp without trying to scoop, then just pay up at the station. I hate paying for gas though.

This comment was edited on Feb 17, 2015, 03:32.

997. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous Feb 16, 2015, 19:18 Vall Forran

So, the type-9 is a mixed bag. You can equip it to carry an obscene amount of cargo, but the jump range sucks.

The class A frameshift drive costs 16m. Ouch. The 256 cargo internal costs 3.5m. I tried skirting it by getting a class B frameshift drive and fully upping the cargo space. I had about 460t of cargo. My jump range was only 10ly laden, though. Travelling to a nearby station which was only 13ly away, I had to do 4 jumps around to get to it.

And, then, the Imp Slave trade has totally dried up (probably my fault) so the trade only became valuable one way.

I have a truly weird setup now. I traded in my 256 cargo internal for a 128 to buy the class A frameshift drive. Now I'm fairly broke and was flying without insurance this weekend. I'm back above the "red" line, so to speak.

Mr. Tact will not approve of this setup, but here it is. I'm working up to the 256 cargo slot, but this tub cannot travel very far with it. And I have yet to find two stations within 10ly of each other not selling peanuts.

Gimp Ship

With this, I can jump fairly decently. I found a bi-directional route that I get about $600k per round trip. Not great, but not bad considering my diminished cargo capacity. And I also make the rounds in half the time. The only threatening thing is that there is always a fucking stupid AI in the mailslot that won't get out of the way. I end up going full shields and ramming my way through. The scraping sound is not pleasant and I tend to lose one shield ring.

Edit:
And before you pass judgement, the space cow's fuel cost is FUCKING STUPID. It has a huge tank, but takes forever to fill with a class 4 fuel scoop. Since I am fairly broke and can't afford the 460t of cargo cost anyway, much less the patience to fly in 9ly jumps, it seemed a fair trade. The fuel fills up pretty decently now.

I basically have slightly more cargo than a python with almost no combat capability. Oh... I got interdicted by a cobra. I had 3 missile banks and 2 (class 1) torpedoes. Fuck that was embarrassing. I killed him, but it took all my ammo. The torpedoes, I thought were a death sentence to people. They barely scraped the shield. Missiles were even worse. Eventually, I knocked out his shields and then launched three missiles. He detonated instantly.

Lesson learned. Now I have a beam laser and a turreted pulse laser to drain shields.

This comment was edited on Feb 16, 2015, 19:33.

996. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous Feb 15, 2015, 13:41 Vall Forran

I'm hanging out around Igal (empire space). I'm fine with going where ever, I'm allied out here so I haven't been getting any new advancement missions. I need to find new factions to gain rep with.

I've got a viper parked somewhere out there.

991. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous Feb 15, 2015, 01:11 Vall Forran

Sounds fun. I'm in trading hell right now. My space cow has a huge cargo hold, but I can't afford the class A frameshift drive yet, so my jump range is terrible. My trading route is taking five jumps now instead of two. I'm getting a lot of waves from players though, so that's kind of cool.

The AI is completely retarded. They see me approach the mail slot and then glitch out, fly into the walls and the station blows them up. Happens at least once per day.

985. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous Feb 13, 2015, 21:58 Vall Forran

Godammit. You are bringing the end times!  

News Comments > Peter Molyneux's Vows of Silence

5. Re: Peter Molyneux's Vows of Silence Feb 13, 2015, 19:51 Vall Forran

That is one of the biggest mind fuck interviews I've read. Wow... You can just read and witness the sociopath.  

982. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous Feb 13, 2015, 19:11 Vall Forran

If you find the Thargoids (or whatever the fuck they are called)...lead them into Fed or Alliance space please.  

980. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous Feb 13, 2015, 18:34 Vall Forran

What the hell is that? It looks like a graphics glitch more than a system. Unless it's multiple high population planets with super bright city lights...  

977. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous Feb 13, 2015, 14:15 Vall Forran

Yeah, if I go afk, I either go into the outfitting area or save and exit. Did that shrapnel cause any damage to your ship? I slightly overheated last night...still at 100% hull but had a $30k repair bill. :\

I forgot to request docking clearance a few times in my python. I didn't have time to turn around, so I just went full reverse and hoped no one was behind me. If that were to happen in the space cow, I'd be so screwed.

973. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous Feb 13, 2015, 03:03 Vall Forran

Cough. T9 is awesome.

Space Cow

972. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous Feb 13, 2015, 01:19 Vall Forran

Okay. Update to my route. Igal > buy gold from Shapely Dock. Fly to Yab Camalo. Sell in Kidd dock. Do not buy anything and fly to Miller dock. Now buy Imp. Slaves. Now go back to Igal and rinse, repeat.

Edit:

Annoying but apparently, Imp slaves are only well supplied at agriculture zones now. Actually, they are probably being bought out really fast at bi-directional station points.

Edit2:

Okay, here's the breakdown. You get $1.5k/ton for the gold sold. If you buy slaves from Kidd dock you make jack shit. Fly over to Miller dock and buy slaves, then you can sell them for $1.1k/ton. I'm sure there's better routes in the galaxy, but I have yet to find one. Also, this suits my new space cow. If it dries up, totes my fault.

This comment was edited on Feb 13, 2015, 01:40.

971. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous Feb 13, 2015, 01:07 Vall Forran

SpectralMeat wrote on Feb 12, 2015, 21:52:
Sidewinder pilots

Those silly buggers.

969. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous Feb 12, 2015, 21:25 Vall Forran

Mr. Tact wrote on Feb 12, 2015, 21:21:
I'll bet if you go back and look, you'll see you were selecting lower class Thrusters.

I agree. That's the only reason I can think of why it wouldn't work.

964. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous Feb 12, 2015, 21:12 Vall Forran

Son, get an A rated power distributor stat. It's one of the cheaper upgrades and, aside from the frameshift, is probably the most immediately noticeable. Everything recharges MUCH faster, and (I'm pretty sure) it makes your laser weapons stronger.

While you're figuring out your thruster problem, I'd pull the gun on that...

Edit:

Also, upgrade your sensors and life support to 'D'. It's very cheap and will gain you extra jump range. D class stuff is currently the lightest in the game. Ideally, you should upgrade to D asap. E stuff is shitty and heavy. You can cut your weight by a huge amount with these pretty simple steps. Don't forget that you actually sell your E class stuff...so you cut the cost down a little. Granted, if you're going from an E to an A... it's laughable.

This comment was edited on Feb 12, 2015, 21:21.

963. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous Feb 12, 2015, 20:37 Vall Forran

That sounds like a bug. You are no where near max power capacity. Unfortunately, I have no money, so I can't buy an Asp and try and replicate this issue.

Edit:

Just to be devil's advocate...you're not trying to install a class 6 thruster are you? Asp can only go up to 5. I don't mean to sound dickish...I actually had this problem before I realized what was going on.

This comment was edited on Feb 12, 2015, 20:43.

961. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous Feb 12, 2015, 18:47 Vall Forran

I'd agree with Mr. Tact. Sounds like your power distribution is all messed up. That's weird though...I don't recall ever having issues with power on an Asp. Surely you aren't equipping six railguns.  

958. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous Feb 12, 2015, 13:09 Vall Forran

Heh, I haven't tried plotting a long route using "economical" settings yet. I'm scared it will blow up my cpu.  

955. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous Feb 12, 2015, 12:38 Vall Forran

Mr. Tact wrote on Feb 12, 2015, 12:34:
Man, I'm surprised you could bear doing it at all that way. It's tough enough with the normal jumps. Nice commitment!

I know! I would've committed seppuku by now. The new route planner is awesome, saves so much time.

944. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous Feb 12, 2015, 00:25 Vall Forran

Purchase complete. Bye Python, until we meet again! Now, let's see how long before I get ganked.

Edit:

Pretty sure the game is messing with me, but all of a sudden, there are npc anacondas EVERYWHERE. No one has interdicted me, though.

This comment was edited on Feb 12, 2015, 00:39.

786 Comments. 40 pages. Viewing page 22.
< Newer [ 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ] Older >